Why Skin Wardrobe should be a high-priority

in Suggestions

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

I love this idea. The only reason I don’t think ANet will go for it is that eventually, the great collectors among us will have all the skins. And therefore have literally nothing they need to do on any alt they create, which will, I think, cause further progression to stagnate.

With the way it is, players need to keep crafting/buying etc to get hold of the the skins they want per character, and that ultimately resorts in much more money spent on transmutation stones in the gem store, purchases with in-game gold on the TP, etc etc.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Morten.5387

Morten.5387

People still need the right stat combinations, so it’s not right to say that nobody will ever need new armor. I can’t pretend to know how many people spend any money or gold on transmute stones past their first set of armor, I know there must be people actually willing to do that, but how many, really?

You can even prepare your first skin set with in-game rewarded transmute stones through the story, so it’s unlikely they’re actually making money from all players (guilty). Once a person has that one set they wanted on each character, is there really any drive to get any other skin? A piece or another might change, but is that it?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

In guild wars 1 I used the costume system to constantly change my outfits. I would wear one for a while then switch to another. In this game, where the endgame is about cosmetics, I haven’t switched my looks for months. Each toon is wearing whatever I settled on when it reached level 80 and none have changed since then. No doubt I could switch easily enough on the skins with the lower level armors but if I want to regain the look of the level 80 exotic armor I would have to buy or craft it again and that would be very expensive. Since I don’t want to do that, that means I never change my looks and it’s a bit boring. Especially when the previous game was so flexible. It baffles me why they made such a rigid system.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

So basically a pvp locker for pve. Sounds good to me. That’s pretty much all you’re asking for (with a few extra spots for costumes, ect)

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Suggestions

Posted by: mbright.4728

mbright.4728

I completely agree with this thread and all of the commenters. I would definitely buy more skins from the gem store if I could store them somehow in a way that would be interchangeable with all of the characters on my account (such as they were in GW1). I would also love to see festival rewards, such as the shatterer wings, treated likewise as a skin that could be stored and accessed by all characters simultaneously.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

i don’t know if i wanted to be forced to buy skins on the tp instead of in game, but i want a pve locker exactly alike the pvp one. the pvp locker is even beautiful to look at^^

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

in Suggestions

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

Too lazy to read the whole thread…

I love the system used in Secret World, where all your stats came from amulets (invisible gear) and weapons, while your character’s clothes had no stats at all. At any time you could go to character’s sheet and choose to wear anything you’ve unlocked (either by buying, achievements, quests etc). I haven’t seen so much diversity in character looks anywhere else.

This was done to a degree in GW2 PvP.

There is a slight problem in PvE though, since a part of character stats comes directly from armor. Moving all those stats to accessories would probably make some stat combinations harder to achieve (as in PvP), not to mention you still have to put runes somewhere. IMO best solution would be to keep armor system as it is, while adding the skin locker, while adding ‘skin override’ on hero screen, where you could choose override current skin a piece of armor has with one of the skins you have unlocked.

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Well for the issue of all the individual stats, all you’d need is still a single spot for each skin, then upon withdraw it would prompt you for the stat combination that you have unlocked (unlock stat combos by depositing them into the locker and this would only be for exotic gear, making exceptions for the skins that are only available in lower tier gear to keep things from getting overly complicated).

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Suggestions

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Now that we have Zenith, it seems like a no brainer.

Honestly, I don’t care if it’s per character. I also don’t care if you figure out another way to make me pay more money, so long is it isn’t any ‘more’ money than I’m having to pay now, I guess.

But at the end of the day, I have 2 sets of armor. Real armor and Magic armor. I can see having a 3rd WvW or PvP set as well (for some people). That should be all we’re carrying around.

Now, what do I want my armor to look like today? For the next hour? Any set? ‘That’ is why we need the wardrobe. Once I know a look, I should be able to put it on anything. Fine, make me burn a Crystal to learn it. Even if it’s lower level, require a Crystal to mem it for unlimited reuse. Bam, you still get your money.

I have 2 full sets of armor and a 3-piece set (chest/legs/boots) that I use. But now I want to switch looks. My MF gear has a nice look, but sometimes I want to be wearing my MF gear but ‘look’ like the other gear.

We need to separate that out some how.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Geoffrye.9817

Geoffrye.9817

/Signed.

I support this as a PvE major PvP minor player all I want is skins… all the skins!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vyko.6953

Vyko.6953

Amazingly great idea. Full support! I really want to play just with my armor set, but if I want to change build (stats), I cant play with that armor anymore – I just need to farm the different stats armor in COF. Yes, you can transmute the stats, but I would maybe want to switch to old build ahgain,which again means farming of that build and transmuting. Because this is too complicate, thats why anyone is wearing cof armor and not armor they would like to wear.

#ELEtism

in Suggestions

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. I LOVE my armor after weeks of running SE I finally got it. I wanna try out different speccs, but swapping runes and stuff in and out is so ridiculously expensive as they get replaced etc. And no. I’m not gonna farm SE again for another set of armor that I might wanna use.

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raesin.2908

Raesin.2908

/signed
It would be great for such skins as SAB stuff, and Jade Dragon tickets that people can and have accidentally salvaged.
I love what they’ve done with the Zenith weapons being in a kind of ‘wardrobe’ and being able to withdraw them on any toon anywhere in the world. It’s one step closer but it needs to include the Gem Store and event skins we ‘unlock’.

in Suggestions

Vyko.6953

Im suprised its 7 months old and still no feedback from guys from Anet. Is such a great idea and everyone would have a big game goal – to collect skins! All dungeons would be played again to have token skins…omg thats a work for years!

#ELEtism

in Suggestions

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

I would say significantly smaller than the spvp locker, only special event skins or unlocks. Don’t want to go exploding the market and there’s really no reason to unlock infinite access to regular skins.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tiirikka.7291

Tiirikka.7291

Full support from here!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dannyus.2518

Dannyus.2518

I really love this idea. I really want to change my look often, but i always change my mind, because its too kitten expensive to do so. So i support this a lot!

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheLazyOne.8509

TheLazyOne.8509

I support this idea oh so very much!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Billiam.7961

Billiam.7961

it would give a decent amount of people a reason to do dungeons they previously had little interest in to collect all the skins and it does support anets idea about GW2 having fashion

in Suggestions

Posted by: Harbard.5738

Harbard.5738

yeah this could hopefully kill the devs insistence in bloating stats too, which would be good news for WvWers

Give me game. Not grind, not gating, not RNG, not +stat junk, not checklists.

in Suggestions

Posted by: squashedsquirrel.5408

squashedsquirrel.5408

i don’t know if i wanted to be forced to buy skins on the tp instead of in game, but i want a pve locker exactly alike the pvp one. the pvp locker is even beautiful to look at^^

Agreed. I want a PvP locker for PvE, unlocked per character. I don’t care if you make me use a stone to apply a skin.

Zenith is a step in the right direction, but it’s not enough. Just event/achievement rewards and such wouldn’t be enough. We should always be able to return to that epic skin we found or crafted, without having to re-craft/buy/grind to get it back. I find that kind of thing punishing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arathor.7419

Arathor.7419

/sign

i agree i got 3 armor sets in my inventory lol

A wolf among sheep

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Not just skin locker.

There should also be a wardrobe for Town Clothes, and a Toy and Tool Box for toys, miniature,s everlasting tonics and other tools.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Harbard.5738

Harbard.5738

Not just skin locker.

There should also be a wardrobe for Town Clothes, and a Toy and Tool Box for toys, miniature,s everlasting tonics and other tools.

Yeah the more ways to collect and manage gear, looks and playthings, more reasons people have to play for them and/or to buy them from the gemstore. It becomes part of the game, an aspect of the gameplay. It’s the kinda thing that I think helps a lot in keeping people playing on their own pace and buying from the gemstore WHILE having fun.

Give me game. Not grind, not gating, not RNG, not +stat junk, not checklists.

in Suggestions

Posted by: gibzy.7329

gibzy.7329

New blog post from ANET about plans for second half of 2013, with a lot of awesome additions, but unfortunately no mention about any king of skin storage…

Azazel Guild – Casual Russian PvX guild on Ring of Fire
http://azazel.enjin.com/

in Suggestions

Vyko.6953

I need this so badly

#ELEtism

in Suggestions

Posted by: Talenna.4052

Talenna.4052

Adding my support for a system that is already in place in other games.

in Suggestions

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

Do it!

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in Suggestions

Astral Projections.7320

You Hooo! ANet! (Waves money around) I have some money to burn! How about you sell me a wardrobe?

in Suggestions

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

Would love a dev response on this one!

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Some of these comment complain that they have only one, two sets of armor, and they want to change their look whenever they want. And let me guess that 1 of your armors is your main, and your other armor is magic find, which already makes you a useless player in groups 50% of the time. I do not appologize for that comment either because it is the truth. If you are unwilling to spend the time to get new armor and experiment with new builds than you are missing out on alot more of the game than just armor and weapon skins.

in Suggestions

Posted by: tovadaun.6304

tovadaun.6304

@Chrispy:
Your comment has absolutely nothing to do with this suggestion. Just because the Cosmetics of the Armor are the same does not mean in any way at all that the stats are too. Berserker’s Draconic looks exactly the same as Knight’s Draconic. Your argument and rude insult are invalid.
@OP and the Thread:
/sign
I think a Wardrobe/Toolkit/Toy Box would be excellent. Those who participated in Dragon Bash and got the Shattered Wings were only able to use them once (unless you were fortunate enough to learn early on that you could put them on a White rarity item, unlike me) and so though your Account was credited with the Achievement, only a single alt is able to display the Shattered Wings. It was an Account Reward- but not usable by your Account.
This Wardrobe would alleviate that issue. All skins you receive as rewards, etc would be unlocked for the appropriate Class etc, and for a certain Stone/Crystal cost could then be used at will.
I also 100% love the idea of putting this function in the Home Instance. We now have the Gift of Quartz there (useable once/day/acct) so there is now Precedence! Yay!
I truly hope the Dev’s give us some Fabulous Cosmetic Love sometime soon!
Happy Day, all!!

Kitta the Conjurer, Guardian- At Your Service- Yak’s Bend
Stuff! Stuffy stuff stuff stuff!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Valadin.5642

Valadin.5642

Absolutely! This is an amazing idea! I already have the stats I want for my main, but it is just that pesky aspect of trying to get the right Skin combo for his armor that is a pain. Maybe for dungeons, you could just buy the armor/weapon skins with your tokens, and it would cost significantly less than to buy the entire Beserker’s armor set in CoF. Just a thought.

in Suggestions

Posted by: gibzy.7329

gibzy.7329

A wallet for tokens is coming! That’s the step in the right direction. Hopefully soon the topic of this thread will also be implemented. Fingers crossed!

Azazel Guild – Casual Russian PvX guild on Ring of Fire
http://azazel.enjin.com/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Klawlyt.6507

Klawlyt.6507

K, I’m not going back and reading 5 pages, but I need to throw my 2 cents in. Had this thread not existed, I was going to make one.

The new medium skin in the gem store, is excellent! I’d love to give you ten more dollars, anet, but I tossed ten bucks your way for the Aether skin already. Without any sort of system to easily access both, you’re not getting my ten bucks. I do WvW about 98% of the time, so I really only need my PVT set, I have no use or desire to spend in-game gold to get another of the same set so I can use the skin I would be spending actual money on. Just not happening. (Also there’s the issue of storage…) While some of the more robust options I skimmed above would be excellent, really, all I need in the short term would be a system similar to zenith weapons for stuff purchased in the gem store. That would be great, thanks. I’m sure I and many others would be much less hesitant to buy multiple skins were that the case.

For long term solutions, I would look at DCUO. They’ve got a pretty great system for visual gear.

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real.
No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

Agreed 100%. There are dozens of discussion threads on this topic and it seems to be one of the most asked for items out there. The OP has a very good write up on it here and captures the salient points beautifully. Adding a skin bank / wardrobe would be an incredibly good addition to GW2.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sedoks.3576

Sedoks.3576

We need this. +1

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kilnn Charrsbane.6520

Kilnn Charrsbane.6520

I Need this now.

in Suggestions

Posted by: folly dragon.4126

folly dragon.4126

absolutely, this and dye being account unlocked are top choices in my books. This won’t hurt their wallet either, as they implement new skins, either sellable or event based. Would be nice for them to be account based as well, because currently, some items introduced to the character I played at the time are southbound to that character, ie: Halloween, Christmas back items

in Suggestions

Posted by: darkchicken.8692

darkchicken.8692

full support for me too!

in Suggestions

Astral Projections.7320

I’m not getting the new armor, and didn’t get the last armor. And the reasons were, even though I liked the new armor I also like my old armor. A lot. I don’t want to lose my old armor and I don’t want to buy multiple sets of exotic armor for the new gem store skins. Soooo. ANet lost my gems both those times and for the foreseeable future.

Give me a wardrobe and I’ll be delighted to buy gem store armor.

in Suggestions

Posted by: darkchicken.8692

darkchicken.8692

I’m not getting the new armor, and didn’t get the last armor. And the reasons were, even though I liked the new armor I also like my old armor. A lot. I don’t want to lose my old armor and I don’t want to buy multiple sets of exotic armor for the new gem store skins. Soooo. ANet lost my gems both those times and for the foreseeable future.

Give me a wardrobe and I’ll be delighted to buy gem store armor.

Exactly the same goes for me!

I farmed CoF to buy a full berserker armor then i farmed ton of gold (for me it was hard) to buy my human racial 3 (ninja looking) and i am perfectly happy with it!

Now the magitech armor gets out and look pretty cool too but this is the problem.

I would need to refarm a full set of CoF armor to reskin it all over if i dont want to lose the almost 100g i spent on my racial armor THAT I LOVE. Then after that, we are already limited in bagspace so i would need to carry a similar set of armor but with a different look with me all the time?

When you get to the end and try to farm for legendary, you gather alot and some stuff in the bank start reaching 250. It take a matter of time to clog my inventory and now i need to keep a perma 6 slots for look? I mean, there is more then 1-2 armor i love. I was thinking of getting Arah too but i wont, i got my tier 3 racial.

The lack of wardrobe system for me stop me from buying gems on the store to buy more looks and stop me from playing the end game. Why would i go waste a week in a Arah when i cant use the armor?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Suushi Role.4159

Suushi Role.4159

/signed!

It’s a perfect solution! I’d love to alternate between skins but I just don’t have the inventory space to hold everything.

Officer of Ctrl Alt Elite [CTRL] || Desolation

in Suggestions

Posted by: SilenceBlack.4973

SilenceBlack.4973

Signed!

I really would love to see this in game as soon as possibile

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vitus Dance.4509

Vitus Dance.4509

What’s all this ‘/signed’ rubbish?
The OP is 8 months old – if you really want to bring this idea to the forefront then ‘+1’ the post instead of all this silly /signing…might as well be typing ‘bump’ for all the good it does.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Llyren.3904

Llyren.3904

I’ve already bought all the bank spaces.
I’d buy a wardrobe if it was available.
We have the technology with the new achievement chest for zenith skins.

in Suggestions

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

I don’t see anything in the OP to not-like. +1 dude.

in Suggestions

Posted by: StriderShinryu.6923

StriderShinryu.6923

Had a chance to check out the new Gem Store armour sets. Very nice work ANet! Probably the first store clothing sets since I started playing that I really like. Won’t be buying any of them however due to not having any way to easily store them and swap them with my current set up.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

Definitely. Particularly if I’m spending 119g on a T3 set or buying a set from the Gem Store, I’d like to be able to store it and bring it out (which, is another reason T3 should perhaps be skins). IMO it was a basic functionality that GW1 had that GW2 doesn’t have. I’m hoping that the amazing achievement skin system, the wallet, and permanent finishers are positive indicators that we’ll get something like it for Gem Store skins etc.

in Suggestions

Vyko.6953

Its so sad that dev guys arent replying to this most liked thread:/

#ELEtism