Why can't Superior Runes be Mystic Forged?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Marstead.6430

Marstead.6430

I feel like allowing these to be thrown in the Mystic Forge for a random, new Superior Rune/Sigil would be good for the economy. The prices of the most useless Superior Runes/Sigils would increase, and the prices of the most demanded ones would decrease.

We wouldn’t sigh when the Soulbound runes/sigils—an exotic drop!—landed in our inventories in dungeons, as we do now—only able to vendor them for ~2 silver.

It would mirror the existing situation with armor/weapons (Exotic armor/weapons can be combined for a new Exotic).

Any economy reasons for why this isn’t allowed?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I support making this possible.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Suggestions

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

Despite the fact that I just realized that I couldn’t MF them, and just sold off about 10-15 Superior Runes obtained from dungeons that I could’ve changed into something useful … I totally support this.

Don’t know why this defies how any other section of materials in this game works.

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Make it so anet. Some of the soulbind ones are useless for some characters.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ehra.5240

Ehra.5240

This is a great idea. I’d also appreciate if something similar could possibly be done with crests. There have been a few times where my rare drop from a chest was a crest I couldn’t really do anything with other than vendor.

edit: I’d stick this in the suggestions forum if you haven’t already.

(edited by Ehra.5240)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

WANT THIS
/15char

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Readymade.1672

Readymade.1672

It’s always seemed strange to me that a rare sigil or rune can be worth MORE than its exotic counterpart. In addition, it contributes to prices for the few sigils and runes that people actually want being outrageously high (Rune of Divinity and Sigil of Bloodlust hover around 8g), while the usefulness of other exotic sigils is no more than that of a grey (vendor trash).

I think this is a great, pain-free solution to something that’s bothered me, and apparently a lot of other players too, for a long time.

NA’s Original Staff Elementalist

in Suggestions

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

There are many things that can’t be mystic forged that have no reason…

look at all the back braces from CoF for instance. uuugh.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TigerWolf.1640

TigerWolf.1640

Its great that you brought this up as its really annoying. You do a dungeon and get an exotic drop and as soon as you see the rune icon you get disappointed. Most of the runes I get in dungeons are soulbound, even if they where account bound then they would be more useful as I could use them on my alts. The characters that I use to run dungeons are normally fully kitted out in exotics and have a full rune set already.

If we where able to mystic forge them this would be great as these runes that we get would actually be useful. I also remembering that being the purpose of the mystic forge, if you get something you dont really want you can put things in there for a chances of getting something you can use.

So either remove the runes from the drop tables in dungeons and give us blues instead or let us put them into the mystic forge.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

I like the cheap prices in the TP.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hokie.1045

Hokie.1045

This idea sounds very nice, getting some of those highly demanded runes cheaper would be nice.

[KI] Ferguson’s Crossing
~Hokie —
~Red Kiwi

in Suggestions

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

Probably because you can get alot of Superior Runes for about 2 silver and all valuable runes would then become un-valuable

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

in Suggestions

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

its a darn good question, they’ve practically threw away the usefullness of the crafting disciplines in every other aspect of the game why not this too. I don’t think it would make a difference tho considering most people still can’t seem to get lodestones and the ones that do get hardly anything from the dungeons anymore. It’s a problem either way if not enough are dropping.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Suggestions

Posted by: alemfi.5107

alemfi.5107

supported this idea earlier. Supporting it again. Inconsistent mechanic just doesn’t make sense.

When ground-targetted bone minion explosions become a thing, I will change this signature.- 2013
http://twitch.tv/alemfi/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Yes i agree, when i tried to it does nothing, why?

in Suggestions

Posted by: foenxz.8564

foenxz.8564

Please make this happen Anet. It makes no sense for rare runes/sigils to be significantly higher in cost than superior counterparts. They are listed as exotic, so if exotic armor/weapons can be mystic forged for other items, why not runes/sigils?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Skribulous.3521

Skribulous.3521

Can’t we just make the soulbound runes Account Bound instead (and Soulbound on use)?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

I agree on this, Superior Runes should not be rediculous.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Can’t we just make the soulbound runes Account Bound instead (and Soulbound on use)?

This would be enough for me.

I can’t put them in the bank because the game does not keep track of which character owns it like in GW1, so if I did that, I’ll have to check one by one for each stored one.

And most of the time they are useless for the character that got them.
If they were account bound, at least I could put them in the bank and use them later with a character that can benefit from them.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jex.8591

Jex.8591

I’m going to bring this back up as this has been on my mind for some time now.

So, combining 2-4 (Subject to whatever works in the economy) Superior tier runes would allow for the random generation of a new one is what I have in mind.

What I expect would happen from this:

Increased prices for low demand Superior Runes.
– People will gamble, buying low ones to try for higher.
Lowered Prices for high demand Superior Runes
– Another method of gaining these runes, Increased supply to help the demand.

I personally don’t see a bad side.

Yes, if you were getting those nice superiors often then you lose some profit. But the vast majority get weak, low demand superiors. Overall the population might gain because any superior would be a nice bonus rather then a win or loss.

Even then, making it cost 4 superiors would have a significantly lower impact then the combination of 2. You could find a balance.

Any thoughts or responses?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jex.8591

Jex.8591

Right, coming back to this. I just forged 4 major runes into a Superior rune of the Orrian. Which is soul bound. And terrible. I’m thinking selling these major runes in mass is better profit at this rate.

That Condition damage and Poison duration is going to make my Guard manly.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

Please no, this will only help rich people get richer and leave the poor even more demandful.

What we need is the current system and we are set.

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I agree: if you can forge the major runes into random new major rune, you should be able to forge the superior runes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

Yes, if you were getting those nice superiors often then you lose some profit. But the vast majority get weak, low demand superiors. Overall the population might gain because any superior would be a nice bonus rather then a win or loss.
…..
Any thoughts or responses?

I like the idea it might make the less used runes worth a little more than vendor trash

Ulfar SOR

in Suggestions

Posted by: Licantus.8495

Licantus.8495

I bring up this old topic because I found assurd that Superior Sigils and Rune that you find, that are exotic items, are just like trash items. Don’t you think the same?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

So I made this sugestion months ago and got told to shut up and color yet now everyone thinks it’s a great idea? wtf… anywho, yes I agree sup runes should be flushable….err forgable. Just makes no sense when sup runes are worth less than majors.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Suggestions

Posted by: orphanMosquito.5837

orphanMosquito.5837

This could/will make the Superior Runes of Divinity drop in price (good thing). I have throw hundreds of major runes in the mystic toilet and only received one Sup Rune of Divinity.

Commander – Gentle Spider
FC [WZ] – Guardian|Warrior|Mesmer

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Anet needs in generally improve and overwork the complete upgrade system in my opinion. The current systems just seem to be very incomplete and not very well thought out with like 95% of the runes being totally boring and useless, that they are totally worthless in this game versus a small minority of runes, that are compared to the 95% of the rest of all runes totally expensive.

Most of all the *superior*runes cost only like 1-5 Silver or so, while the most useful and expensive Runes range between like 3 to 12 Gold

There are alot of useless runes/sigils, which should get changed into character progressive positive TALENTS that simply grow stronger for the character over the course of time, like for example all those useless slayer sigils that increase the damage against specific enemy types for a laughable 10%.

It would make far much more sense, to remove the slayer sigils completely from the game and change them into passive Character Talents that simply become more powerful, so more enemies of certain types get killed by your character, because simply your character collects more experience in killing specific enemy types, thus learns to kill them more efficiently over time.

Runes should be something, that also aren’t split up into tiers, runes should be something, that are just used to create with them universal “rune stones” that just grow stronger together with your character.

That way are all the runes the same valuable basically, because each rune could have then multiple different recipes to create various different rune stones with them, which can then become more powerful so more you use the rune stones, just very similar to the materia system of FF7, where materias grow stronger, so longer you use them, while they are equipped in your weapons anr armors/accessoires and dupe themself in a new fresh unused version, once the used runestone reaches its maximum grade of power and value.

Once the Rune Stone reaches a certain power grade, it you upgrade itself automatically into a higher tier of quality (with changing its term from Rune Stone (Fine) to Rune Crystal (masterwork) for example to Rune Jewel (Rare) to Rune Artefact (Exotic) to Mystic Artefact (Ascendent)

Also Runes should become also useable onto accessoires, so that a player becomes able finally to decide, if he/she either wants to put Stat Jewels into the Accessoires, Rune Stones or Infusions.
Infusions on the other hand shoudl get reworked and improved too and receive more usefulness, other than just only some passive effects for more gold/exp, karma ect. , minor wvw effects and AR.
This game needs for equipment upgrades in armors and accoireses 3 strong pillars.

- Stat Jewels > Should have massive Influence on the Character Stats, but have therefore no passive Effects
- Rune Stones > Should have only passive Effects, no Stats, which grow stronger, so more Rune Stones of the same type get used
- Infusions > Infusions should work like Runres do work now, they should be basicalyl the hybrid system between Stat Jewels and Rune Stones, the golden middle so to say with some own unique effects that you can get only with them, so that theres an incentive to use Infusions over Stat Jewels or Rune Stones.

Thats imo the way how I think ANet should improve the game.
Make the system more complex and well thought out with lots of useful effects and make the system at the same turn so, that all of those upgrades will be valueable for the players and not just only a hand full of them, while 95% of the rest is worthless junk that you basically just sell instantly on the next NPC, because you wouldn’t make over the TP any more profit anyways.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in Suggestions

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Would only help speculators who horded stacks of these in anticipation of an update like this happening.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Licantus.8495

Licantus.8495

Would only help speculators who horded stacks of these in anticipation of an update like this happening.

Anet can make the exotic runes you obtain from Mystic Forge using soulbound/accountbound runes soulbound/accounbound, in this way people throw them in the forge only to obtain something usefull for themself and not for gold.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I see this also so..
Upgrades should have never been something, that should have been seelable in the TP at all.

By making Stat Jewels, Rune Stones and Infusions accountboumd, then theres no need anymore for those horders to keep their tons of senselessly horded obsolete minor and major runes in anticipation for it, that all of this useless crap becomes one day valuable.

Theres no need to have sellable tiers of upgrades. Upgrades having tiers is ok in regard of progression, but not in regard of letting the stuff be sold in the TP, when the power gap between those tiers is so big, that minor and major versions of a rune are completely useless compared to the superior version.
The reason behind this is the old rune system, where the effects become better so more runes of the same type get used with also limitating the amount of effects you can stack up in regard of the quality of the item.
Thats basically the mistake in the system, that leaded to the point, where the game is now.
Could you stack of with minor and major runes also up to maximum 6 effects, then would be those versions of the runes also alot more valuable and the runes would have a much lesser power gap between the qualities of a rune.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Supported. I’d like to see Sup Rune prices more normalised too. The weird thing is that in the early days, it WAS actually possible to throw Sup Runes/Sigils into the Forge. I’m not sure why this was changed.

In the meantime, having dungeon runes being account bound instead of soulbound would be a fantastic QoL improvement too.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I like this idea too. I too frequently get those soul-bound on acquire superior runes that I never use and would love to forge or salvage them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Risingashes.8694

Risingashes.8694

Might I suggest that they also be allowed to be salvaged in to luck?

I’m not a fan of the mystic forge, and this would make sigils/runes not a waste of inventory space for me.