Why not make all Dyes account wide please! I would pay for this

in Suggestions

Posted by: Atheos.2574

Atheos.2574

This has to be one of my biggest “problems” with this great game. I work really hard to find, craft, or save up to buy a dye, just to have it ONLY on one character…

I would like to have the BUY option of having ALL DYES FOUND UNLOCKED ACCOUNT WIDE!

I know that I’m not the only one who would fork over REAL $$$ to have this feature…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

We all would do and it’s another topic like that.
As far as I know there were more than 20 already.

Hopefully they will learn.
We all want dyes to be account bound!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brave Mallyki.1563

Brave Mallyki.1563

From my understanding is that dyes were account unlocked during beta and before release they decided to switch to character unlock. There was a reason but I can’t recall why. I want to say that beta players were requesting more colors so the trade off for more color was to make them character bound.

But, I want them account unlock.

Vox Invictus [VOX] – Crystal Desert
PvP Rank – 151 – Dragon
WvW Rank – 1,120 – Silver Colonel

in Suggestions

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

We all do… We all do…

in Suggestions

Atheos.2574

I’m glad I’m not the only one. :-) Seriously ANet, I WILL GIVE YOU MONEY FOR THIS!!!

in Suggestions

Atheos.2574

bump! Very important thread!

in Suggestions

Posted by: illo.5106

illo.5106

People love colors, people pay a lot (of gold and/or shards) for them. Continously. On every new char.

If I were Anet, I’d never remove this cash cow and gold sink. Even not if you’d pay me, because you pay even more the common way.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orthas.4937

Orthas.4937

Newguy – GOM

I play when I can and help who I can

in Suggestions

Posted by: Magische Boek.2530

Magische Boek.2530

People love colors, people pay a lot (of gold and/or shards) for them. Continously. On every new char.

If I were Anet, I’d never remove this cash cow and gold sink. Even not if you’d pay me, because you pay even more the common way.

actually if they were acount bound i would have a reason to collect every dye out there and i would considder buying the dye’s they put in the gemstore like with flame and frost and the toxic dye set. now i would need to do that 9 times and that just isnt going to happen.

I’m not arguing!
I’m simply explaining why I’m right.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I still remember what Kristen Perry said in 2010

Once you unlock the color, it will be available across your entire account, not just the individual character.

Oh well..

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tringsh.2380

Tringsh.2380

Totally agree with this thread and I’ve not spoken with anyone else in game who feels different. I think making the dyes account bound would encourage people to buy more of them to complete the set.

Dyes are purely cosmetic and don’t effect game balance.

I have bought many 20-50g dyes on my warrior and I’m now using my necro as my main, I’m cheesed off that I can’t apply these dyes on another character after spending such a large chunk of gold on them. I will certainly not be buying them again.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

buying dyes on the BLTC is a massive gold sink and helps counter inflation with absolutely zero impact on gameplay.

No way they would remove a sink that big without adding a bigger one it its place.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

buying dyes on the BLTC is a massive gold sink and helps counter inflation with absolutely zero impact on gameplay.

No way they would remove a sink that big without adding a bigger one it its place.

Bingo. If dyes were to go account bound, I’d have maybe two more to buy and then I’d never buy another dye again. As is I’ve sunk who knows how much gold down the TP fees buying all the good dyes for every character. Gold sinks, as much as we don’t like them, keep the value of gold from inflating like German banknotes in 1922. Why do you think the Wintersday donation events offer you a direct gold to AP conversion?

in Suggestions

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Some people seem to know little or nothing about economy. Why sell you an unbreakable mirror for 10$ when I can sell you brittle ones for 50ยข that you’ll keep on buying indefinitely each time they break (Especially since I’m the only existing provider out there)?

in Suggestions

Atheos.2574

bump!

Seriously ANet; I will give you MORE of my $$$ for this feature! I won’t spend THAT much money to re-re-re-re-re-buy all my dyes on all my characters…. please, give us an option to have all dyes you find account wide! I’d pay money for that!

in Suggestions

Atheos.2574

bump! All dyes account wide please! Even if this were to cost extra $$$!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

This would be excellent. Only thing is, some people who bought Abyss, Celestial or the new cash shop ones for multiple toons could get a bit annoyed if it happened. Tbh who could blame them as some dyes are 100g-ish. I think we’re stuck with the poor dye situation.

(edited by Paul.4081)

in Suggestions

Atheos.2574

I’m not asking for anything that the GAME SAID WOULD BE INCLUDED BEFORE LAUNCH!

Please, all dyes account wide!

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

I really wish people would stop saying “I will pay for this”. So far, several good suggestions that should’ve been in the game by default (i.e. increased storage stack sizes and dance moves) are now only available via an exorbitant fee because someone keeps declaring that they would pay real money for a feature that shouldn’t even be charged for!

Anyway, just to add, I don’t support this suggestion. With in-game inflation ballooning out of control, we need more gold sinks, not less.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

(edited by uknortherner.2670)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Akatesh.9840

Akatesh.9840

Yeah, same here i actually would spend more gold/money on dyes if they were account wide.

in Suggestions

Posted by: BlueIceshard.8495

BlueIceshard.8495

Yeah, me too!

I’m happy that the german community is not alone with this problem. I really want that all chars of my account can use the same dye!

I won’t buy any dye if they are bound on 1 of my characters. But if I can use every dye with every char, YES then I will buy dyes with gems!

Please ALL DYES ACCOUNT WIDE

Sorry for my english

BlueIceshard