WvW open field fighting

WvW open field fighting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Katsumoto.9452

Katsumoto.9452

Anyone else feeling like taking ground in the field isn’t rewarded heavily enough with the current setup?

I’d like something that makes holding a bridge for example, a key point on the map rather than the current mechanic which is run between towers/camps and ignore everything inbetween. Obviously i’m exaggerating a little there but the point stands that advancing to places on the map is far from encouraged.

And this is coming from a commander who has the nickname ‘trebuchet taiba’. Aka someone who tries to use a point made with chokes etc to make a base with which to assault a tower.

Could maps do with a redesign to make more highly strategic points to hold?

Aurora Glade [EU]

WvW open field fighting

in Suggestions

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

All line battle, tactical defence, etc strategy is out the window because of culling, lag and AoE target limit. A zerg of 40+ men in tight ball formation is nearly indestructible because they cannot be seen (render too slow) and they cannot be killed (AoE target limit). Not to mention the huge lags generated when that 40+ men zerg charge at you. The only way to stop them is either have your own 40+ men zerg that do the same thing or have 10 ballistas and acs.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

WvW open field fighting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

… or have 10 ballistas and acs.

1 balista would hit all 40 if they turtle up. Same with a single AC. Siege has a 50 target cap.

AR

WvW open field fighting

in Suggestions

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

They should make the EB JP a capture point.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

WvW open field fighting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ireniicus.2167

Ireniicus.2167

1 balista would hit all 40 if they turtle up. Same with a single AC. Siege has a 50 target cap.

I did not know that. ty

WvW open field fighting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Serebus.7314

Serebus.7314

Ballistas have a cap of 10 targets

Bronade – Guild leader of TERROR[TG]
Homeworld = Home Borderland!

WvW open field fighting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ravien.4823

Ravien.4823

Balistas have a cap of 50 targets, according to a post on these forums by a dev. (Sorry I don’t have a link handy)

edit okay I can’t find the post so I may have been mistaken, but I swear one of them made that post.

(edited by Ravien.4823)

WvW open field fighting

in Suggestions

Posted by: wombat.6123

wombat.6123

Ballistas and golems have an aoe cap of 10. All other siege (including cannons) is 50.

Wombling Wombat
FA – Protectorate of Aspenwood [PRO]

WvW open field fighting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Acelerion.6820

Acelerion.6820

There’s hardly any open ground to fight on. One side just runs to the nearest keep and start shooting siege at the people who chase. In other words maps are way to small.

OINK – Devona’s Rest
Mesmer-Thief
http://www.youtube.com/user/Axcelerion?feature=watch – Small group videos

WvW open field fighting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nebulae.8160

Nebulae.8160

for the cap of siege there is an official post at the german Forum:

https://forum-de.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Beschr-nkungen-von-Belagerungswaffen-und-Bereichs-Effekten

most of the names you should be able to understand.
pfeilwagen = arrowcarts
flammenbock = ram

[ Ægis ] Heimdall

WvW open field fighting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zen Later.6475

Zen Later.6475

4 different(-ish) maps, 4 different game types, one score board to rule them all. Almost kind of a no duh set up to this gamer. Half the game types could be timer/time zone based to satiate the ‘but, but they’re playing when I’m not playing’ crowd.

Room to grow for the future? A lack of vision? Just ran out of release development time? Who knows why it’s just all cap and hold with a couple of handy jp’s and a lot of overkill on inconsequential aggro pve trash mobs and so-so group pve bosses.

Directly to the op’s post, interesting idea but could be game breaking to the current cap and hold game type scoring mechanics.