You are now ArenaNet's lead designer.

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

No person in this thread has the slightest clue what the job is about.

Furthermore, most suggestions are either impossible or stupid. As a lead designer, it’s not your goal to destroy the game…

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Suggestions

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

You are now ArenaNet’s lead designer

… Push all the buttons!

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

1. Hire more experienced dungeon designers from other companies to help in the dungeon design team. Nothing against Robert Hrouda, he has done a good job with story dungeons and in general, its just that I played games with better setpieces (exciting, interesting, etc.) for combat regardless of difficulty. Whether is this the result of designing for a MMO instead of a smaller coop game I dunno.
2. Listen to feedback from the general population instead of just the 2% of the playerbase.
3. Release standalones for content that is thematically different from the rest of the game. Eg Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

in Suggestions

marnick.4305

1. Hire more experienced dungeon designers from other companies to help in the dungeon design team. Nothing against Robert Hrouda, he has done a good job with story dungeons and in general, its just that I played games with better setpieces (exciting, interesting, etc.) for combat regardless of difficulty. Whether is this the result of designing for a MMO instead of a smaller coop game I dunno.

That’s assuming those people are willing to leave AND assuming those people are willing to leave without demanding absurdly high paychecks. Some of those people can realistically demand 6 figures a year. Furthermore they have extreme loyalty to their company so stealing them is very difficult. Besides, do you want someone who ran away from his previous company?

That suggestion falls in the easier said than done category.

2. Listen to feedback from the general population instead of just the 2% of the playerbase.

Assumes you’re the general population. Probably not.

3. Release standalones for content that is thematically different from the rest of the game. Eg Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon.

Maybe, if it’s BMP styled.

Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Suggestions

Khal Drogo.9631

That’s assuming those people are willing to leave AND assuming those people are willing to leave without demanding absurdly high paychecks. Some of those people can realistically demand 6 figures a year. Furthermore they have extreme loyalty to their company so stealing them is very difficult. Besides, do you want someone who ran away from his previous company?

Yes. Companies aren’t the mafia and loyalty means jack squat. Btw I heard there was a new Yahoo CEO since last year.

Assumes you’re the general population. Probably not.

Well if I am not then fine by me. I never demanded stuff like making content harder because I felt it was too easy or a nerf to quickness because some noob/nub kicked my butt in PvP/WvW.

And… Duke Nukem Forever.

(edited by Khal Drogo.9631)

in Suggestions

marnick.4305

Yes. Companies aren’t the mafia and loyalty means jack squat. Btw I heard there was a new Yahoo CEO since last year.

That’s an attitude that won’t get you hired. Most big companies require a bit of loyalty, so if you leave a good company, they will see that as a lack of loyalty towards the new company. It depends on circumstances of course, but leaving blizzard after 2 years means you’ll most likely not be hired by a.net. They won’t train someone who just leaves after 2 years.

We’re not talking scrub companies here. A.net is a top tier developer, and they only hire top tier employees. Loyalty is a quality required for top tier people. Without loyalty, you’re second tier at best, which means you’ll not be hired by a.net. So let’s not compare apples to oranges.

I’m working for a top tier company too, if I’d leave before the 5 year mark, I’d never be hired by a similar company again. I have an implicit obligation to return on their investment, given how an employee usually doesn’t earn money before the 1 year mark and doesn’t break even before the 2 years mark.

(edited by marnick.4305)

in Suggestions

Khal Drogo.9631

That’s an attitude that won’t get you hired. Most big companies require a bit of loyalty, so if you leave a good company, they will see that as a lack of loyalty towards the new company. It depends on circumstances of course, but leaving blizzard after 2 years means you’ll most likely not be hired by a.net. They won’t train someone who just leaves after 2 years.

We’re not talking scrub companies here. A.net is a top tier developer, and they only hire top tier employees. Loyalty is a quality required for top tier people. Without loyalty, you’re second tier at best, which means you’ll not be hired by a.net. So let’s not compare apples to oranges.

I’m working for a top tier company too, if I’d leave before the 5 year mark, I’d never be hired by a similar company again. I have an implicit obligation to return on their investment, given how an employee usually doesn’t earn money before the 1 year mark and doesn’t break even before the 2 years mark.

When did I mention 2 years or 5 years (or Blizzard for that matter)? I just said experienced game designer. And since I am not working for Anet or applying for a position with Anet, as much as I like GW2, I am not about to say that Anet is a “top tier” company.

in Suggestions

Posted by: BadHabitZz.1856

BadHabitZz.1856

1) I would remove downed state completely
2) DX11 support, so WvW and other huge events would accualy be playable at normal framerates and i would try somehow implement orbs back into game they were fun…
3) I would reworked all dungeons a bit so they would be profitable as CoF p1 and ppl would acually play them not just for tokens
4) I would allow players use theirs looks in PvP/sPvP or i would just let players duel (or both)
5) Much more utility skils, rework “weapon swap sigils” a bit and make weapon swap 3-4sec
6) Guild missions overhaul
7) Some buffs and nerfs in classes
8) Gear and Stats overhaul

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

I just said experienced game designer.

Mate, they don’t have a problem with design and programming talent. They have a management problem. They need people who can manage.

The attention to detail in this game is sometimes extremely high, and sometimes non-existent. You can tell when different people designed different things. They can’t release new content without breaking things. Their reactions to exploiters are generally knee-jerk. Their priorities are inconsistent (for example – they encourage group play with guild challenges, yet toss group play out the window with individual leaderboards).

My point is, it’s obvious as hell that there is no one guiding hand setting the policy and vision for this game. The lack of leadership to keep it under control, consistent, and focused is preventing this game from adding any real depth to it. It’s a mile wide, yes, but only an inch deep.

They don’t need designers. They need a really good project manager. Oh, and a solid philosophy to provide focus.

in Suggestions

marnick.4305

When did I mention 2 years or 5 years (or Blizzard for that matter)? I just said experienced game designer. And since I am not working for Anet or applying for a position with Anet, as much as I like GW2, I am not about to say that Anet is a “top tier” company.

You mentioned stealing experienced dungeon designers from other companies. There’s not much choice in that regard. Most top tier people are working for a handful of companies, Blizzard was merely an example. Good luck stealing them. Good luck keeping them if money’s all they’re interested in.

in Suggestions

Khal Drogo.9631

You mentioned stealing experienced dungeon designers from other companies. There’s not much choice in that regard. Most top tier people are working for a handful of companies, Blizzard was merely an example. Good luck stealing them. Good luck keeping them if money’s all they’re interested in.

There are many good dungeon developers, not just from Blizzard. The only issue is they design dungeons for single player and small coop games. Whether their design can be integrated into GW2 is another issue.

Is Blizzard the only other company you can think of?

in Suggestions

Khal Drogo.9631

Mate, they don’t have a problem with design and programming talent. They have a management problem. They need people who can manage.

The attention to detail in this game is sometimes extremely high, and sometimes non-existent. You can tell when different people designed different things. They can’t release new content without breaking things. Their reactions to exploiters are generally knee-jerk. Their priorities are inconsistent (for example – they encourage group play with guild challenges, yet toss group play out the window with individual leaderboards).

My point is, it’s obvious as hell that there is no one guiding hand setting the policy and vision for this game. The lack of leadership to keep it under control, consistent, and focused is preventing this game from adding any real depth to it. It’s a mile wide, yes, but only an inch deep.

They don’t need designers. They need a really good project manager. Oh, and a solid philosophy to provide focus.

Well I am not a game designer but I had a discussion about Castle Greyskull with another player in WvW map chat. I was waxing lyrical about how cool it would be to have it in an actual game. This got me thinking about one of the aspects of movie and fantasy castles which is traps and secret passages. I am not a big fan of jumping puzzles, but I like the EB jumping puzzle – it is pretty fun esp the PvP aspects of it. It is strange that Stonemist castle only has the direct approach and not puzzles and traps akin to EB JP for an alternative route into it and which can be linked to the existing EB JP map.

I am just giving an example of how I feel the game design can be improved upon, instead of adding a 8 bit 3d platformer.

P.S Pretty sure I read about my suggestion in some other thread as well.

(edited by Khal Drogo.9631)

in Suggestions

Posted by: SadieDeAtreia.8912

SadieDeAtreia.8912

@OP:
I’d close the Beta and thank everyone for testing.
Then launch the game when it’s ready.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

-Remove Agony from the game.
-Have a poll about either severely lowering the grind for Ascended, or just remove the items from the game (refunding players who have the items of course).
-If Ascended is to stay, make the items available for Crafting professions.
-Remove or completely disable Magic Find in dungeons.
-Remove all gambling from the gem store, and make it more like GW1’s cash shop.
-Completely re-designing the way Legendaries are obtained. Precursors and Legendaries would be account-bound upon find/creation. Design unique solo challenges for all 8 professions that reward the player with a precursor of their choice. No RNG involved. Obviously enough testing shall be done to make sure no exploits are possible in any way. The challenges should be difficult enough that only the very most skilled players are able to win them (let’s say, 1 in 100+ players average).
-Re-design dungeons and the reward system. Not going in depth cause it would be too long to typ out all of it.xD
-Big focus on fixing major bugs and game issues.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

(edited by Milennin.4825)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I would redo the cash shop to add tons of fluff you can buy with gems- I would make everything in the RNG boxes available in the game and I would hire a team whose only job is to add ALL the skins!

I would get part of the live team/ design team or whatever working on getting the mini games added.

I would also say good job working on core features, please carry on.
Let’s have a brainstorm on how we are adding some quality of life features, like a slot for consumables.

Gunnar’s Hold

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I think I’ll have a bath, and then maybe a nap.

And then command people to turn Southsun Cove into the next living story area! Wahaha!

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Suggestions

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

I’d add more weapons to every profession.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Emmet.2943

Emmet.2943

Get the teams together and either get them more vocally involved with each other or separate each part of the game entirely so when they do updates they aren’t effecting each others progress.

I wouldn’t let patches release broken and i would do that by telling my team to get to work on a public test realm. The public test realm would be for testing new features(so they don’t launch and have to be edited again), making sure players find exploits so we don’t ban accounts upon patch release, and to increase our bug finding and fixing ability. I would also release extremely detailed information a week in advance allowing players to prepare for the content they have been expecting while also giving some good feedback. I wouldn’t of released the first 2 months of the living story separately i would of released them together or a week or 2 apart from each other to feel like actual progress.

I wouldn’t release a single piece of ascended gear till it was all worked out(armor, weapons, accessories) and we could put it across each part of the game(spvp, pve, and wvw) so players may earn it in whichever way they want while pricing would help be determined by the public test realm. I would tell people to change up legendaries making players run around the world completing tasks that felt legendary(taking parts of weapons all around the world having to challenge the person holding them for a piece of it Rytlock’s flame being the first item i have created that pops into my head every time i think of this concept)this concept would still need more depth and input from players/devs. Scavenger hunt would of been started at launch in game wise not concept wise(I’m sorry this is not a hard concept to design nor is it hard to implement into the current game if i was to look at what they have put in)and a public test realm would help complete it and add to it.

GvG is a widely asked for feature so Guild halls and GvG would be implemented into the game Asap. I already have a lot of concept art and ideas for guild halls that i have made personally and i know a lot of images used to make guild halls could be taken from already made art that is far better than mine. I would make sure the team focuses on customization when making guild halls and gem store items would be worked on as well.

Their are tons of other stuff but being a lead designer is an extremely grueling process as all eyes are on you when decisions are normally made by a team not a single person.
I would have to rely on my team members to execute the ideas that me, and other core team members, have come up with while working with the limitations of the engine and my teamates.

O ya the hugest thing i would want them to change immediately is their interaction on the forums. They barely ever post on the forums unless it is praise or when they do it’s one sentence long and they are gone. This needs to change ASAP dev interaction is key to keeping your fans interested in the game. IF devs aren’t present to ask/answer questions then the community doesn’t feel listened to or appreciated thus makes for a shorter lived community. Although when entering a forum, whoever it may be(seriously doesn’t have to be a lead designer or any other form of higher up just a dev team member would be fine)i would make sure they state “hey i hear your questions/problems/answers and i would like to talk a little more about it but lets keep it well constructed and try to stay away from insulting each other or else you won’t see me around here a lot”. This way he can then take the time over the next 30 minutes to an hour or however long he can or wants to talk to these forum goes explaining his opinions on why things are the way they are or what they are trying to do to fix said problems while also responding to posts that stay within the guide lines he instructed and getting some good old player/dev interaction done. I don’t want them to sit in forums that just praise their ideas and i don’t want 1 sentence responses i want the community and the devs to have a relationship they can both appreciate because right now neither can.

(edited by Emmet.2943)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Codo.2860

Codo.2860

I would give racial skills a purpose.
I don’t remember having ever seen a norn using an animal form…

in Suggestions

Duke Blackrose.4981

They are not supposed to be viable – otherwise we’d see racial advantages/disadvantages. Racial skills are for flavor and should probably stay that way.

in Suggestions

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

Stop ALL work on new stuff and have everyone fix all of the existing bugs.

Fix the Cash Shop so all items are purchasable, and not only available via Chests.

Reduce costs on Tiered racial equipment.

(edited by danbuter.2314)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

- I would make a Fractal out of The Wizard’s Tower that is in GW1 and GW2.

- The first expansion would be a wholly new unexplored continent in Tyria.

- I would finish the Tengu starter zone and Tengu would be playable.

- I would release a new profession called, “The Offhander”. He only wields offhand items: Focus/Focus, Torch/Warhorn, Shield/Shield, Dagger/Dagger(for people that think 2 shields is dumb). Warhorn/Warhorn would be OP. Many players would whine that the 5th skill, “Toot Your Own Horn” was OP and that skills 1-5 are “stupid” because they are all buffs and the forums would be all rage-y about it with comments like, “WARE AR ALL THE ATTACKZ!!!1!??”

-

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in Suggestions

Codo.2860

They are not supposed to be viable – otherwise we’d see racial advantages/disadvantages. Racial skills are for flavor and should probably stay that way.

They don’t give any flavour right now because they are so poorly designed that no one use them. Should they be removed form game, who would notice?
I don’t say make them strong, I just say give me a reason to unlock them, for example making them funny to use.

in Suggestions

Morrigan.2809

They don’t give any flavour right now because they are so poorly designed that no one use them. Should they be removed form game, who would notice?
I don’t say make them strong, I just say give me a reason to unlock them, for example making them funny to use.

I love my racial skills and I use them on all my characters. Just saying

Gunnar’s Hold

in Suggestions

Codo.2860

You aren’t a norn, I suppose…

in Suggestions

Morrigan.2809

You aren’t a norn, I suppose…

hehe no- Human and Sylvari

Gunnar’s Hold

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

First thing: I would do, Eliminate DR. That crap has no place, I would rather gold farmers run rampant than be punished for playing the game I paid for.

Second thing: Just outright remove engineer from the game or completely rework the class from the ground up. I was so excited to try an engineer when I bought the game. Now it’s like why drive a pinto(engi, possibly necro) when I can drive a Ferrari (ele, guard, warrior, mesmer)

Third thing: Add more unique weapon graphics to the game. I have no problem finding unique outfits, but nearly every weapon in the game looks the same! There are only like 10 models for each weapon type! Shame!

Fourth: Make my Norn’s racial abilities ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING!

Thanks

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

Adjust the rarities as such:
Gray – Trash/vendor (should now include existing White gear)
White – Basic Gear/Items (should be on par with existing Blue)
Blue – Magic Items (should be on par with existing Green)
Purple – Rare
Gold – Exotic
Green – Legendaries/Ascended

Simplifies EVERYTHING.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arkham Creed.7358

Arkham Creed.7358

I would enact the groundwork of the following.

• Find some compromise with NCSoft to bring back Cantha.

• Have the art team start churning out new weapon and armor skin of all types and across all levels.

• Begin thoroughly reexamining the thief to discover a way to preserve its intended style and function, while making it more user friendly.

• Give all existing Legendary Weapons another look as well as green light alternative legendary weapon skins with different attribute allocations, as well as improve the relation between legendary weapon effects and skill effects, especially in regards to engineer kits.

• Begin preliminary work on new weapon types and an advanced class system.

• Expand dynamic events across all zones to better reflect pre-release hype.

in Suggestions

Posted by: whiran.1473

whiran.1473

Here are the priorities I would pursue as lead:

Monetize WvW: Create a focus group amongst the testers (I’m assuming that there are internal testers) and figure out a way to start monetizing WvW in a manner that does not break it or cause any harm to the authenticity of the experience.

I, personally, believe that WvW is a fundamental element of the Guild Wars 2 experience and needs to be constantly updated / expanded upon. But, to do that, it needs to be a primary money making channel for the company otherwise it isn’t worth doing unless the argument can be made as a loss leader.

I would work on increasing the functionality of current regions in the game. I would expand the random encounters in the different zones for max level characters and see about improving level scaling so all characters could potentially be involved.

I would increase the Guild aspect of the game: Guild Halls – yes; Guild Wars – yes; Guild Contests – yes; more Guild Communication options – yes.

I would investigate how difficult / viable it would be to introduce new dye options to the Trading Post that provide glow or particle affects to items. I would increase the range of hair styles available in the Trading Post. Basically, I would expand the trading post options significantly.

Finally, I would get the ‘end game’ zones in the game to expand and become more dynamic with more random events and quests. More is good. These quests / events would lead to other zones (existing zones) which then links to the above priority of continuing to increase the use of existing assets.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

call a change for some classes:

Ex:

-Lower thief damage, give them more mobility, or maybe a another teleport skill.

-add more racial skills,give more diversity when selecting race.

Mesmer could call clones w/o being in combat :P, clones would follow the caster, to confuse possible enemies engaging the target(clones called out of combat have 75% less health), proly add a window to ser order to the clones, a way to give mesmer a way to real control of their clones.

Fix some weapons skils.

Make a to do list for a change in wuwuw over time
probably map design based on huge FoW.
Castles would be built with pre selected models that guild had unlocked via reshearch. (with possible independent upgrades).

and many other possible changes that are on previous posts

guild castles/alliances would be a good idea to brainstorm.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

1. Trait balancing , and more choices in 1-5 for each weapon
2. G v G ( honest if i actually thought there wasent gonna be G v G i would not have bought the game its what made this franchise a winner
3. H O H , epic concept and ive still yet to play better 3 team pvp in any game
4. Alliance battles also awsome
5. Throw the pve crowd a few scraps , they got plenty to grind for atm lol

[WM]give us in game ladder

in Suggestions

Posted by: Masterj.4578

Masterj.4578

Add a small menu for mini pets that allows a person to drop their mini pet in that instant spawns them when you teleport around and make them namable.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Light Armour = Add more pants.
Medium Armour = add more Non trench coat armours

Engineer Turrets = give each race their own engineer flavour

Engineer and Elementalist = Give them OOC weapon swap, so they can change weapons Outside of Combat instead of having to rummage into inventory.

Arah = Nuke it and rebuild it into a futuristic utopia

Movement = Implement a new system of speed boost that is acompanied by a pleasing visual aesthetic that no longer requires player to constantly switch ONE single utility bar from a 25% speed boost to something actually useful.

(edited by Rizzy.8293)

in Suggestions

Posted by: clay.7849

clay.7849

1. I would design the entire game and monster AI around 5v5 teams.

2. I would add heroes to the game to still allow for solo play.

3. I would make classes more diverse, so there would be more synergy playing in a group.

4. I would add the monk class and make mesmers, elementalists, necromancers and engineers have more utility. Also, warriors and thieves would use only melee and rangers would use only ranged weapons.

5. I would add class specific resource management requirements.

6. I would make loot scale to difficulty of content. CoF path 1 loot would be nerfed hard.

7. I would remove RNG and make mob specific loot tables with reasonable chances of dropping rare items.

8. I would add random 5v5 deathmatch arenas. I would add multiple objectives to sPvP such as team deathmatch, relic runs, king of the hill and capture the flag.

9. I would add guild halls and GvG.

10. More maps for WvW and more badges for doing things that discourage zerging.

I’ll stop at 10. By then I would have probably kitten off the entire population of GW2 and killed the game. XD

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zaviel.1245

Zaviel.1245

-Engineer turrets scale with player’s tough+vit
-Turrets time out in 10 minutes instead of 5

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zaviel.1245

Zaviel.1245

3. I would make classes more diverse, so there would be more synergy playing in a group.

It already exists, the problem is METAsheep and their 4 warrior+1mes CoF runs.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ScottBroChill.3254

ScottBroChill.3254

I would combine all the classes into one so you can now have more than one build the whole time you play. then I would release two more classes, one that deals with support and the other which is a glass cannon. These two new classes would also have more than one viable build and way to play them. Then I would make only one gear tier for level 80 and focus on releasing a bunch of unique skins that you can work towards. Then I would bring back a lot of the darker themes/mood to the game so I feel like I’m fighting an evil threat. Last, but not least, I would work on bringing back the god’s to the game because they actually felt powerful and mystical and they would wreck havoc on the world, because that’s what gods do. Abbadon and his followers would come back and make an actually interesting storyline because they are personally offended at how the current one is turning out.

Maybe not all of this would do with being the lead designer, but I’d make it happen because I care about having an interesting game not only for it’s new combat system and heart-disguised quests.

in Suggestions

Posted by: nehezbegar.1065

nehezbegar.1065

Firstly, i would try to design the 15-20 man dungeon that would use the potential of non-holy trinity (heh i’m working on one right now, but not as i used to, creating topic→writting some basic mechanics etc., but actually im trying to build the full dungeon, 3D models etc., dunno if i succeed but it would be always good for portfolio). I’d like to add to the game some rivalry for PvE players. For example my dungeon will have difficulties triggered inside the dungeon, depends on players decisions during the progress. For instance if players dont’t take the side path to destrpy the dredge suit, it will trigger the harder mode of the boss (it will summon his dredge suit with better and stronger skills). Also i would add the ladderboard for PvE players (for example the fastest run etc., ofc fastest runs without skipping bosses). Also in the same step (Brain CPU CYCLE) i would DIVERSE PVE FROM PVP, i mean spells in PvE and PvP would be balanced separately, so it won’t take too much drama if i nerf or boost some spells in PvE.

Second thing, immediately i would add the alliances between guilds as it used to be in GW1.

Third thing, Linux client for GW2.

Fourth thing, i would redesign current meta-events. Now they are to static. Take The Shatterer for instance, ppl just stack on his leg and burn him down…it’s not fun, force ppl to use all stuff there, mortars etc.

Fifth thing i would add more fractals.

Well my biggest need as a PvE-nerd is to have some competitive stuff here, so i would focus on implementing unique GW2 version of mass instances (raids) for more than 10 ppl. I’m thinking how would i implement this thing since release, non-holy trinity makes this stuff harder, cuz mechanics can’t be trivial, also it is hard to get rid of some builds. Such things always require a person who can take more dmg, a person who can heal more, a person who can support group with buffs etc.. I think ppl would like to take certain roles, and the good thing about GW2 is that everyone can be everything, so noone is forced to play certain class in order to perform some special stuff like tanking mobs(Yes there are still classes who can tank better, but this thing can be solved by proper balancing stats and survival utilities). Also i’d add some mechanics that would require team play…AND I WONT REVEAL THEM, IT IS MY SWEET SECRET, i have some stuff in my mind, let’s say, imagine this as a sync group dancing, but not with ./dance.

Ofc i wouldn’t do all that stuff by myself.

Man it would be awesome to work for ArenaNet, such a chilling place to work. I’m seriously jelous about ppl working there, maybe some day….some day i will work there too…ehh…dreams. U can’t even imagine how much those ppl won. Working on stuff they love…gaming. Such studios as ArenaNet, Blizzard, Carbine Studios, CD Projekt Red etc….ehh dreams.

in Suggestions

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

Remove all the modest options for Light Armor, and make it so all races and genders used the female skin variant on Light Armor.

User was infracted for being awesome.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ScottBroChill.3254

ScottBroChill.3254

Holy eff. Perfect Idea for speed clears. What if they made a racing dungeon? Two-Four teams, whoever finishes first wins a grand prize and the other team wins a regular dungeon reward once they finish. Maybe this give those competitive people something to do and I’ve never heard of this being implemented. It would probably be an exclusive dungeon to the best players unfortunately so I’d never play it…. but I think it would be great.

in Suggestions

Arkham Creed.7358

Holy eff. Perfect Idea for speed clears. What if they made a racing dungeon? Two-Four teams, whoever finishes first wins a grand prize and the other team wins a regular dungeon reward once they finish. Maybe this give those competitive people something to do and I’ve never heard of this being implemented. It would probably be an exclusive dungeon to the best players unfortunately so I’d never play it…. but I think it would be great.

Or just add a fourth “speed clear” path to existing dungeons with a leader board.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Snowy.9580

Snowy.9580

What’s the first thing you’re going to do?

Make a MMO?

We’ll stop to sleep when the game is the best possible game we think it can be.
We’ve been awake since March 2007! Please help!
“GW2 the game with more rolls than roles!”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lakanna.2073

Lakanna.2073

Ascended gear on karma vendors.

Stats changeable on all gear on a 1-for-1 basis, as long as the gear doesn’t already have the new stat on it.

All WvW maps removed from map completion requirements.

AoE limit increased to 20, up from 5. Stacking to avoid AoE is a stupid mechanic.

“entitled”: Ad Hominem fallacy condensed to a single word.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

1. I would design the entire game and monster AI around 5v5 teams.

2. I would add heroes to the game to still allow for solo play.

4. I would add the monk class and make mesmers, elementalists, necromancers and engineers have more utility. Also, warriors and thieves would use only melee and rangers would use only ranged weapons.

5. I would add class specific resource management requirements.

6. I would make loot scale to difficulty of content. CoF path 1 loot would be nerfed hard.

7. I would remove RNG and make mob specific loot tables with reasonable chances of dropping rare items.

8. I would add random 5v5 deathmatch arenas. I would add multiple objectives to sPvP such as team deathmatch, relic runs, king of the hill and capture the flag.

9. I would add guild halls and GvG.

10. More maps for WvW and more badges for doing things that discourage zerging.

I’ll stop at 10. By then I would have probably kitten off the entire population of GW2 and killed the game. XD

There’s a problem with heroes in the open world. Imagine 200 guys all with heroes. Now imagine the lag. It’s just not reasonable for an open world game. If you’re really adding heroes, you’re going to have to make the entire game instanced.

in Suggestions

Arkham Creed.7358

There’s a problem with heroes in the open world. Imagine 200 guys all with heroes. Now imagine the lag. It’s just not reasonable for an open world game. If you’re really adding heroes, you’re going to have to make the entire game instanced.

Unless your game is Star Wars: The Old Republic or Neverwinter. Both of those games have companion characters and seem to work fine. The SWTOR ones are even customizable. Heck, I once played a free-to-play that was entirely built around the concept of companion characters. Literally everyone in the game had to have one out at all times, and it wasn’t instanced.

in Suggestions

Posted by: clay.7849

clay.7849

That is true, good point. There needs to be something done about DE’s in dead zones. Perhaps a number of NPC’s to counter balance the lack of actual players?

Although, I’m not against making things instanced.

Actually, if I did it my way, we would have a mix of instances and open world. So, instead of servers that have like 100+ people in a zone, you have an instance where it only lets in like 3-5 parties at a time. This way, you don’t feel overrun in a world of people that have the same kind of power as you, which diminishes the whole hero thing – but you still have chance encounters with other players.

(edited by clay.7849)

in Suggestions

Duke Blackrose.4981

I would remove the Thief, consolidate everything it is into the Mesmer, considering the Mesmer already contains the defining characteristics of the Thief and some, turn all former Thieves into Mesmers with gold/token refunds on the armor, and add a Bard or other class into the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Unless your game is Star Wars: The Old Republic or Neverwinter. Both of those games have companion characters and seem to work fine. The SWTOR ones are even customizable. Heck, I once played a free-to-play that was entirely built around the concept of companion characters. Literally everyone in the game had to have one out at all times, and it wasn’t instanced.

In SWToR were those companions all with you in the open world?

in Suggestions

Arkham Creed.7358

In SWToR were those companions all with you in the open world?

Yeah, that was kind of the mechanic. You could recruit companions as the story progressed, assign them skills, change their appearance, and have them tag along during quests, while farming, of course in instances, while exploring cities, and pretty much in everything but PvP.