add an armor skin vendor for unique starter armor

in Suggestions

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

you know that thief hood that you can get at the character creation and absolutely nowhere else? what about those guardian shoulderpads? wouldn’t it be awesome if you knew beforehand that you’d never see them again, so you could save those for once you got armor that actually went well with it?

my suggestion is simple. just place a vendor somewhere (lion’s arch, home instances, anywhere) that sells those skins for a small fee. just the skin, no stats, no nothing, like the hall of monuments vendor, but with fees.

while we’re at it, give us the option to preview weapon and armor skins. you can’t preview how the guild armor will look with the rest of your set until it’s too late, for example.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

While not perfect, you can preview the guild armor atleast in the mists. Nearly all armor sets are in the pvp locker and can be previewed even if you do not own them. Note the cultural armor can only be previewed if you belong to that culture.

in Suggestions

BrunoBRS.5178

yeah i know guild armor can be previewed on the mists, but it’s still not an optimal solution, and it doesn’t solve the problem with starter gear that you can’t get anywhere else.

in Suggestions

Posted by: jpg.1783

jpg.1783

Yeah. I still share this sentiment after hours of gameplay. I am willing to pay for gems to get my shoulder armor back. I would be willing to pay 200 – 300 gems for an item with a this description:

Starter Armor Gift Pack

Double-click to produce equipment chosen during character creation. Soulbound

IF ANet is planning on Name Changer Contract, Make-over Packs, and such, this item seems HIGHLY possible.

In-game: Una Vigdis
Norn Guardian
Isle of Janthir

(edited by jpg.1783)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

Most of those armor skins are already available in game, though.

in Suggestions

Posted by: jpg.1783

jpg.1783

Do you mean other than when you get them initially? Because there are players who say they’ve lost them, sold them, or salvaged them for low end mats. If they are available somewhere in-game, please do share where or add screens as proof.

In-game: Una Vigdis
Norn Guardian
Isle of Janthir

in Suggestions

BrunoBRS.5178

but some aren’t, and that’s the problem.

none of the guardian choices are in-game, and the thief’s hood and mask/bandana are exclusive to character creation, to name the ones i know. oh, and all light armor classes choose items that are never seen again in the game (face paint, elemental jewel thingies, masks).