fishing?

fishing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Giotto.2607

Giotto.2607

I know a lot of the games have the fishing system. When i saw those fishers in game. I really want to do some fishing in game? Do you guys think they will make a system about it? and maybe add some fish as food?

fishing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

+ 1 for fishing and fish as food items. And, while you are at it, add in a Hylek Mastercraft fishing pole as a high-level karma item. Nothing but pure win around fishing.

fishing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

From beta:

Linsey Murdock

Some Chefs out there may have noticed that there is not a single recipe with fish in it. Nor do fish in the rivers, lakes, and oceans of Tyria drop fish meat. This was all done intentionally.

We aren’t going to have fishing on release and we may not even have it any time soon (initial expansions/Live updates), but there is a place for it when the time comes

fishing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Giotto.2607

Giotto.2607

From beta:

Linsey Murdock

Some Chefs out there may have noticed that there is not a single recipe with fish in it. Nor do fish in the rivers, lakes, and oceans of Tyria drop fish meat. This was all done intentionally.

We aren’t going to have fishing on release and we may not even have it any time soon (initial expansions/Live updates), but there is a place for it when the time comes

great answer for me, thank you!

fishing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Scumbag Mawile.6384

Scumbag Mawile.6384

From beta:

Linsey Murdock

I hope there’s a low chance of catching something valuable/unique while fishing, too.

I miss spending a lazy afternoon fishing for an hour or two talking to random players.

Disciple of Quag

fishing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

With so many serene waterside locations in such a wonderfully crafted world, it’d be a shame not to implement fishing at some point. And there’s plenty of stat combinations not covered by food (power/toughness, for example) that chefs could cover with fish, shellfish, and sushi.

My only hope is it isn’t implemented as a crafting discipline of some kind. I already spent a ton of money maxing out Cooking as a secondary craft for each of my characters; I’d hate to have to choose between Cooking and Fishing. :-/

fishing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Those Who Remain.1987

Those Who Remain.1987

Fishing can be decent, as long as it does not reward players for being AFK during entire nights and/or days.
There needs to be some ‘active’ component that rewards you for participating.

fishing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: XxTAFxX.6741

XxTAFxX.6741

Well if i remember right wow has fishing contests.
Well gw 2 could do something like that the winner gets an exotic or something,as well as getting the odd rare while fishing when the contest is on.
or
Setup the fishing pools like orri only be able to fish it so many times in a time limit.

(edited by XxTAFxX.6741)

fishing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

Yes to fishing! I made a post with lots of suggestions on fishing here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Fishing-With-Possibilities/first#post1498241

if you’d like to add to the suggestions to help Anet make fishing awesome!

That and personal housing (crosses fingers) I really hope some day will make it into the game.

I only hope I’m still a player when (if) they ever do

fishing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Yes, definitely. I love in-game fishing.

Gone to Reddit.

fishing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Fishing can be decent, as long as it does not reward players for being AFK during entire nights and/or days.
There needs to be some ‘active’ component that rewards you for participating.

or have auto fishing optional however the obtained fish or loot or whatever would be considerably low during auto fishing that way bots wouldnt get the rare hard to fish goodies . also manual fishing would have to be like a combat system you equip rod and get some fishing skills when you get a bite you hit F to start the fishing mini game in wich you use said skills wich would make it perfect against bots.

(edited by Rezzet.3614)

fishing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Linsey Murdock

This quote to me if anything sounds more like it will be a minigame rather than gathering mats like cutting logs, mining ores etc. Lets just hope if this is the case that we still get to keep/use the fish we catch!

EDIT: Dunno what happened but my quote should have been the one with the reply from the Anet guy, it got messed up somehow sorry.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

fishing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: dinominator.9862

dinominator.9862

I haven’t seen much of the world yet, but I feel like finding a peaceful spot near the water to fish would be hard to do. GW2 has mobs crawling all over river banks and lake shores. So far I’ve not found many “lazy” spots where I feel safe to just stand around idly (except in the cities and towns that don’t get raided).

fishing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: MikeRocks.9243

MikeRocks.9243

As long as it doesn’t wind up like a glorified gathering node, but in water. It shouldn’t just be a shiny spot in the water that I cast into for half a second then pull out a fish like I’m picking strawberries.

The Long Road
Goal: To have one character of every race, gender, and armor class combination at level 80.
Current progress: Human 4/6 | Charr 1/6 | Norn 1/6 | Sylvari 1/6 | Asura 1/6 | Total: 8/30

fishing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

I found a rod, now for some fish….

Attachments:

fishing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Goettel.4389

Goettel.4389

I’d love for ANet to add this.

Send an Asura who knows math. Problem solved.

fishing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

I really would like to have fishing in game

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

fishing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Before we can all dash off to the nearest fishing hole and start catching Tasty Fish, the devs have to come up with a proper mechanics/requirements/paradigm for the Art of Fishing! I’m sure they are working on this even as you peruse this thread. Here’s a hypothetical example of how it might go.

First they’ve got to come up with a way to present Fishing so that you won’t have too much fishing fun too quickly and get bored and go back to farming dragons and other chest-bearing entities. Fishing will likely be introduced via the Living World concept.

You’ll start out in part one farming carrots and setting up rabbit traps to help provide food for wandering fisher folk who have been driven from their favorite fishing holes in the Maguuma Jungle.

In part two you’ll fight incursions of an alliance between krait and the Inquest called the Stink Bait Union and search for lost lures.

In part three you’ll meet some young angling advocates who will, with their off the hook enthusiasm and acute angling skills, inspire you to become a fishing enthusiast. Eventually this will lead up to a big one-time event showdown called the Tasty Fish Tournament in which your Guild of 500+ members (or your entire server) must catch more fish in three hours than the Champion Stink Bait Union Angler Belle Danns, while simultaneously fending off a krait invasion in Lion’s Arch.

Once they restart the servers you will unlock Art of Fishing for that character and be rewarded with your very first starter cane pole and a can of earthworms! And then you will be able to learn:

• how to craft fishing poles (start with a simple cane pole, unlock fancy charr and asura rods & reels later)
  • how to craft fishing line
  • how to craft fishhooks
  • how to harvest live bait (need moar grubz)
  • how to craft artificial baits (mighty orichalcum spinnerbait of resistance is futile)
  • how to weave baskets (creels)
  • how to outswim a sockeye

And

• once you attain the maximum Fishing achievement rank (catch 5 million Tasty Fish), you’ll unlock Ascended Fishing Gear, which can be acquired with exciting new currencies called zebcos and ugly sticks which are earned by defeating aquatic Champion bosses like the Blood Witch in that lake in Kessex Hills.

And then, friends, you can dash off to the nearest fishing hole and wet your lines and with a combination of luck and skill catch your Daily Limit of Tasty Fish daily!

The table is a fable.

(edited by Tachenon.5270)

fishing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

real life vs game life

Real Life.
Fishing Facts

More than 44 million Americans six years of age and older enjoy fishing every year.

An average angler spends $1,046 every year on the sport.

Americans fish 557 million days per year.

More than 38 million Americans hunt and fish.

Over one quarter of all anglers are female.

Hunters and anglers support more jobs nationwide than the number of people employed by Wal-Mart.

Through license sales and excise taxes on equipment, hunters and anglers pay for most fish and wildlife conservation programs.

Anglers and boaters have paid $3.6 billion in excise taxes since 1952.

Recreational anglers spend a staggering $41.5 billion a year to fish. This has tremendous economic impacts.

Anglers spend almost $300 million a year just on ice.

Anglers spend more than $1 billion a year on bait alone

This information was obtained from the National Hunting and Fishing Day site located here http://www.nhfday.org/Default.aspx

Which this year is Saturday, September 28th 2013.
This would make the perfect time to introduce Fishing into the game, and give the Dev’s some time to work on it.

fishing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

Also I might add that if you bring in fishing…. please have tournaments each week or month and maybe a soulbound precursor of your choice as the reward for taking 1st place.

Oh Anet if you are wondering how to make money on it in the gem store….maybe have it so that live bait can be bought in game for coin or karma or found in the game from certain mobs. Artificial Lures that do not break, however could be bought from the gem store allowing the anglers to fish anytime without getting live bait all the time.

(edited by Gummy.4278)

fishing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ent.1026

Ent.1026

thanks for the source quote, healix! great to know that fishing is on the radar! can’t WAIT!