report option: Griefing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

We need a general griefing option for reporting a player. Things like training mobs to AOE other players, playing the bell/horn’s highest note over and over and over in the bank…. abuse that isn’t in chat but rather through game actions.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

I thought this game encourages people to play how they want? Also, I don’t blame people from doing these things, there’s not much to do ingame besides trolling.

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I thought this game encourages people to play how they want? Also, I don’t blame people from doing these things, there’s not much to do ingame besides trolling.

eing bored doesn’t give anybody the right to ruin other people’s days.

Anyway. There were several threads where people wrote about their privacy concerns, i.e. that blocked people can still see the your location etc., and those threads were closed with the comment “If another player is harrassing, stalking or griefing you, just report them. Case closed.”

I find this a bit cynical, given that there is no such report option.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

Yeah, I’ve tried reporting player behavior under “verbal abuse”… but if they haven’t said anything in chat, just trained mobs or played that kitten horn/bell’s high note over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again… but I’ve never seen any of them actually punished.

Combined with what it says when you report them, that they will review the chat logs, I wonder if they look at in-game actions as well