It is time to Disable guesting

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Don’t disable it, give priority to people (some of who paid for transfers) who are on that server and only allow guesting if you have a friend there.

Guesting wasn’t implemented so you could go to another server to do a world event. It was implemented so people could play with their friends across servers. So why not have it be required that you need to have some one on your friends list from that server online to guest to that server? We also want to play with our friends on our server, so we should have priority so we can do it with our guildmates.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: mallas.9836

mallas.9836

I think if you dont move every few minutes you get kicked like in WvW.

And if it detects a macro to bypass that you get kicked as well.

I find it very annoying that people hold their spots for events but when the even starts they are still gone….. FOR HOURS. I have no problem with someone akitteng between events to stay on the map…. but if your not gonna be there when it starts and everyone is needed….

if i have to go to the bathroom i should not get kicked. If its 45 mins or something thats cool. a few minutes is unreasonable.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: The Eternal Grace.3157

The Eternal Grace.3157

They shouldn’t get rid of guesting.

Instead, they should make the world boss rewards unavailable to anybody guesting. Then, they need to scale world bosses so that lower-pop servers can do it without complaining about being a lower-pop server.

100% support. World boss rewards if you’re on your server only….the guesting feature was designed so that people can play with friends from other servers…this is just taking advantage of it. As someone mentioned earlier, the low population wouldn’t even be much of a problem if guesting was removed (or at least restricted) because the people who would be guesting would now actually be playing on their server, unless they really wanted to play with a friend.

How thoughtful of you. You do realize without guesting many low population servers will never be able to get this done, don’t you?

If there wasn’t guesting, low population servers’ players would actually have to work together to bring him down. Organize and work with each other…it’s not like you are so low that you can’t get 80-100 people for an event. If for some reason this was impossible, then if it they cared enough they’d transfer. Either way, problem solved.

What server are you on?

Edit: Nevermind I see you are on Blackgate. To me people on the highest populated servers shouldn’t be giving advice and telling people how things should be done. You have it easy.

Like I said, if it’s that big of a problem, transfer. Anet made it simple…either in game gold, or your actual money. Simple as that. If it is a big deal to you, it’s worth the gold/money.

Edit: Fixed quote.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Xcom.1926

Xcom.1926

Instead, they should make the world boss rewards unavailable to anybody guesting. Then, they need to scale world bosses so that lower-pop servers can do it without complaining about being a lower-pop server.

100% support. World boss rewards if you’re on your server only….the guesting feature was designed so that people can play with friends from other servers…this is just taking advantage of it. As someone mentioned earlier, the low population wouldn’t even be much of a problem if guesting was removed (or at least restricted) because the people who would be guesting would now actually be playing on their server, unless they really wanted to play with a friend.

How thoughtful of you. You do realize without guesting many low population servers will never be able to get this done, don’t you?

And if ANet scaled the events based on the population, your problem wouldn’t be numbers but rather lack of organization. I could be wrong, but I actually do think they scale the world bosses…

But the problem is more than that. Lower populated servers have lower number of organized guilds. Lower number of organized guilds means doing it with total pugs. And that doesn’t turn out too well.

Like I said, if it’s that big of a problem, transfer. Anet made it simple…either in game gold, or your actual money. Simple as that. If it is a big deal to you, it’s worth the gold/money.

So pretty much everyone on severs like ET should transfer out? What happens to that server, should they close it?

We actually got the event down thanks to Blackgate. Before they showed up we had about 30-40 people for the event, and that is all we had. There is no way we could have done it with 30-40 people, period.

in Tequatl Rising

The Eternal Grace.3157

And if ANet scaled the events based on the population, your problem wouldn’t be numbers but rather lack of organization. I could be wrong, but I actually do think they scale the world bosses…

But the problem is more than that. Lower populated servers have lower number of organized guilds. Lower number of organized guilds means doing it with total pugs. And that doesn’t turn out too well.

So pretty much everyone on severs like ET should transfer out? What happens to that server, should they close it?

We actually got the event down thanks to Blackgate. Before they showed up we had about 30-40 people for the event, and that is all we had. There is no way we could have done it with 30-40 people, period.

That’s likely because at least 40-50+ people from your server were guesting and taking up spaces in servers like Blackgate. If they take away this option…there you go. You have your players back…and what…? You actually have to work together as a server…? Yes….yes, you do.

in Tequatl Rising

Xcom.1926

That’s likely because at least 40-50+ people from your server were guesting and taking up spaces in servers like Blackgate. If they take away this option…there you go. You have your players back…and what…? You actually have to work together as a server…? Yes….yes, you do.

If guesting was removed, I guarantee you half the servers wouldn’t have this boss down. So you know what let them remove it, and we can see the tears roll in.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Amok Threeohthree.8501

Amok Threeohthree.8501

Not sure why this is still beeing discussed, they won’t remove guesting for several reasons and you all know it…

maybe there will be restrictions one day, but probably not

in Tequatl Rising

The Eternal Grace.3157

If guesting was removed, I guarantee you half the servers wouldn’t have this boss down. So you know what let them remove it, and we can see the tears roll in.

Keep in mind I only want it removed for world bosses…because this is ridiculous.

Also, if each server has the players (technically 80+) and provide organization, commanders, etc., and practice, it could happen. If not, then Anet needs to look into some scaling options, low population server combinations, or people need to look at transferring.

in Tequatl Rising

The Eternal Grace.3157

Not sure why this is still beeing discussed, they won’t remove guesting for several reasons and you all know it…

maybe there will be restrictions one day, but probably not

I only want it removed for world bosses…and it was a huge problem before and they fixed it. When bosses could be farmed multiple times per day, they changed it so that you only get your chest on a daily basis, making it essentially pointless for you to guest for world bosses.

Now, I would like to see something similar: No chest from world bosses if you’re guesting…period.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ishtar.6457

Ishtar.6457

yup. why should i care for people who doesn’t care for my server? all they care is about loots and achievements and then they will go back to their crappy server when it’s done. most populated server have organized events and guild. we are there to make memories. first world boss kill should be shared with everyone from same server. with our friends and guild and people that we care most. i laugh when ET brag about winning teq. that is NOT YOUR SERVER who done it. it was BG. there’s nothing to be proud about it. Let each server make their own stories when it comes to this kind of events!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

Wow, Ishtar, you need to get over your server dude. Calling other servers “crappy”? Chill man.

in Tequatl Rising

Amok Threeohthree.8501

Some people talk about “their” servers like the kittens talked about their “Vaterland” lol

Now, I would like to see something similar: No chest from world bosses if you’re guesting…period.

I get your point and I don’t entirely disagree, but you would also punish people who just want to play with their friends and kill a world boss on their way… just not fair either

in Tequatl Rising

The Eternal Grace.3157

Some people talk about “their” servers like the kittens talked about their “Vaterland” lol

I get your point and I don’t entirely disagree, but you would also punish people who just want to play with their friends and kill a world boss on their way… just not fair either

If it’s that big of a deal to them to kill the world boss with their friends, they should then think about transferring to that server because that essentially means they have no one on their current server to do it with.

in Tequatl Rising

Amok Threeohthree.8501

Ok, so you can’t have multiple friends on multiple servers then?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

People that wants to pve on TC should just transfer to TC. Tequatl is not the last world event, you know. :P

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

And make it completly impossible for low pop servers?

You surely can’t be serious?

That might not be a bad idea… then at least they’d finally have to acknowledge how utterly desolate those servers are and do something about it.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I have no problem with people who want to play with friends that are on other servers. I do not want guesting totally taken away. I do want it to get changed though so that people aren’t simply going to other servers to complete content. If you have no friends online on whatever server then you have no reason to be there.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Tequatl Rising

Amok Threeohthree.8501

I have no problem with people who want to play with friends that are on other servers. I do not want guesting totally taken away. I do want it to get changed though so that people aren’t simply going to other servers to complete content. If you have no friends online on whatever server then you have no reason to be there.

I 100% agree… As I said before, make it so you can only guest if you have a friend online and in your party from that server. Some people will still find a way around it by making friends with strangers through forums but it should lower the amount “unneccessary” guests.

in Tequatl Rising

Xcom.1926

yup. why should i care for people who doesn’t care for my server? all they care is about loots and achievements and then they will go back to their crappy server when it’s done. most populated server have organized events and guild. we are there to make memories. first world boss kill should be shared with everyone from same server. with our friends and guild and people that we care most. i laugh when ET brag about winning teq. that is NOT YOUR SERVER who done it. it was BG. there’s nothing to be proud about it. Let each server make their own stories when it comes to this kind of events!

Sorry but first come, first server. Occupy Blackgate!

in Tequatl Rising

Xcom.1926

I 100% agree… As I said before, make it so you can only guest if you have a friend online and in your party from that server. Some people will still find a way around it by making friends with strangers through forums but it should lower the amount “unneccessary” guests.

WoW does that.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

How about…

Pre-overflow: population could be natives, guests, whatever. Same as now.

Overflow: guesting still works, but guests are not placed in queues when they arrive in an overflow, and cannot be pulled into the main server by party members. When the zone is no longer in overflow this is rescinded, they can re-enter it to get in, or simply re-log in the zone and be sure to select the world they want to guest to.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

The only reason to transfer is WvW. PvE should remain free and unlimited. like it has successfully been for months. Changing it for one world boss just to satisfy a few self-entitled selfish people would be silly.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Neumonics.4603

Neumonics.4603

Im not guesting on black gate, I plan to beat Teq on my own server. with my own server peps. So no, not every one is guesting on Blackgate.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

The solution is simple: guild overflows. For a mere 600 gems you can purchase 3 (500/150) overflows on a single map for your guild for 24hrs. 100 gems will extend the period by 24 hours. People not in the guild can be pulled over via the party mechanic. Guild members are given the option to join one of overflows in the same way that you are given the option to queue for the main map.

Alien guilds will no longer compete with natives on the main map because guild overflows are a more reliable way to get together on one map. Guild Wars 2 now has raid-able content. You now have another worthwhile gold sink or IRL money income source.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Talissa Chan.7208

Talissa Chan.7208

All well and good but will you be there every day, every spawn? or will these changes due to one event still be there when in a few days from now the teq thrill has worn off and he’s a ghosttown?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Changer the Elder.2948

Changer the Elder.2948

Well, solution is actually really simple – do what the guesters do, come early, run through with your folks, learn the ropes, try to get the beast down. Eventually, you are bound to come out of overflow. I ended up being teleported from Overflow even with no party present on main each time with no problem.

What seriously needs fixing is AFK timer, that would help the Overflowed people as well. When there’s a high-demand event like that, AFK should never be longer than 15 minutes. Yet there are people standing there for 40, caught with their pants down when the raid starts. Plus there appears to be a bug, anyway, because being able to be AFK for four hours without disconnect is just not healthy, not normal and plain weird.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Skuzze.1508

Skuzze.1508

Disable guesting to already high populated servers. Every time it tells me that I can now move to MY MAIN SERVER, it moves me to another overflow.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Many are guesting because the fight doesn’t scale down properly. And many servers can’t field the numbers for much of the day to even attempt the fight decently. This becomes a compounding problem then as after a couple of low turnouts, people start giving up on their home server due to the time a failure wastes with little reward, while figuring guesting is a so much easier of a way to have a real chance.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

How am I supposed to even get world bosses then? If I try to do them during offhours on my server I’m the only one there half the time. Did the golem today with five other people. My server allegedly has a “high” population.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lasagne.8045

Lasagne.8045

I wish guesting was disabled. Then maybe people wouldn’t guest to other servers for events and then actually do events on our own server.

Also, I am guilty of guesting as of late, since the Back to School patch. TBH I am not a fan of it.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

How am I supposed to even get world bosses then? If I try to do them during offhours on my server I’m the only one there half the time. Did the golem today with five other people. My server allegedly has a “high” population.

Maybe everyone on your server is guesting and that’s why it seems to have a low population? What happens if people can’t get world boss rewards from other servers and are forced to stay in their own server? I imagine it would get a little busier.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

@Eternal Grace, I believe guesting is why I havent been able to get on my server. I was able to the first 2 times teq showed up. After that, I haven’t been able to get nothing but overflow, even if it was an hour before teq would show.

I would not get on a forum makeing statements of fact without proof, only based on my assumptions. Just because I perceive something to be true doesn’t mean it is. Thats the difference between us. You adamantly claim the problem is all guesting without proof. I feel before one makes accusations, one needs PROOF, which you simply do not have. Now it appears your definition is different than mine, by your comment, “proof enough for ME” By your logic then guesting is the problem there are long queue times for wvw, if you can get in one day but not the next, it must be guesting. Or according to you anyway. Which we know simply is not true for wvw.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ishtar.6457

Ishtar.6457

If anet don’t want to remove guesting, they should consider another options, like expanding the capacity of the said map when this kind of event happens. or, instead a guesting button, the feature should be an ‘invite’ button. that way you can still play with your friends, but only if you invite them to your server. this will also give benefits to the people who actually play on the main server to have THE priority to get in first to the map.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Oolune.4357

Oolune.4357

Nah, keep guesting but when a native wants to get in – boot the guest. Harsh but the way content in GW2 works is that you better do it when it’s new or you don’t get to finish it.

Entitled much? They were there first. If you want to get in, wait in line like everybody else.

How is that true? There was just an update about 30 minutes ago and I did it the same time as everyone else. Loaded in…overflow. Now I am waiting just as long as everyone else except unable to play with my own server. How is it entitled to ask that you play with your own community? If they care enough to beat him get coordinated enough with other people on your server. If that isn’t an option, transfer. If you care enough, you will.

Forced update apparently means “Entitled N00b”.

Everyone on here is entitled to a majority of the things they’d like to see (to a certain, reasonable extent…not like “OMGz I DESERVE A FREE LEGENDAIRY PLZ”), because after all, they did pay.

Oh, the annoying misconception of the consumer… You’re not entitled to what you WANT just because you paid. You are only entitled to what you were promised to get in return for your payment. I’m pretty sure that a lock on guesting is not among those promises.

Tarnished Coast
Oolune :: Engineer — Arrow Of Oolune :: Human Ranger -- Shadow Of Oolune :: Human Thief
Box The Turtle :: Human Warrior — Bolobuns Of Steel :: Human Guardian

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Balgus.3468

Balgus.3468

I…actually did better on the overflow than my own server lol. We didn’t win, but we got him around 50-60% (before 2nd phase of megalaser firing) before running out of time. All the time’s I’ve been on my own server, we never make it past first phase.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ThePedroKid.2580

ThePedroKid.2580

Ignorance does not justify the statement.

If a guest comes to your server, ‘natives’ still have priority on the main server. If you, as a native, are getting overflows it is due to other natives, not guests. When guests come they have to sit in the same overflows to get into the main server instance except, according to dev posts on these forums (which I’m too lazy to dig up and link), natives get priority for entering the main server.

No guest enters the main server from overflow before a native does.

Simple as that.

The problem isn’t guests. It’s that you are on the most populated server in the game. And, you say people should transfer if they care?! How mind-boggling ignorant and disrespectful. So, glad you lucked out on the server you picked at beta/launch. I did too until free transfers made it so our main top guilds could all transfer to the ‘winning’ WvW servers without any hassle. I can remember when we won all the time in WvW. Map completion was a breeze back then… Not now. One guild leaving caused a chain reaction. You complain about overflows, then you say everyone should transfer to your server if they care. Well, that is exactly what you have gotten and why you are having these overflows. You are entitled to nothing based on your server. Sorry.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Cruril Darksbane.2318

Cruril Darksbane.2318

Give us a chance to work things out with our fellow server people! guest and trolls makes everything harder for everyone that is dedicated on defeating it! disable guesting just for this events please!!

Alot of servers have beaten him because a guild guests onto their server. In other words if you remove guesting you are just gimping yourself to lose.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

It’s not time to disable anything.

You don’t deserve to kill Tequatl on your home server any more than anyone that guests on it.

Being on a server since launch doesn’t entitle you to having more rights than guests.

The whole point of guesting is that anyone is welcome at any time. Don’t like overflows? Wait on the map before the event starts or guest yourself on a low-pop server.

Of course it entitles me.
I am a regular on the server, not a guest. If you’re guest at someone elses house, you can’t just do whatever you want; the owner of the house can though.
We don’t need a server system if I can do everything on every server I want, they could just implement districts again.

The last sentence made me laugh. Yeah, I really want to wait the whole day to maybe be lucky enough to join my server, then get kicked due to a disconnect. Also, yes, I really want to join a low-pop server where no one is, because I can clearly kill Teq solo and it’s not like I want to play with MY server and people I know, but with some people who don’t know what to do, don’t want to listen or can’t even speak english.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

ITT: The OP QQing because he can’t get into his server, and wants to ruin the fun of everybody else because of it.

If you really want into your server OP, abuse the map trick. Get into a party with somebody on the main map, right click their picture, and choose “Join in Sparkfly Fen”. That’ll take you directly there, because guests cannot use that function at all. There, your problem is fixed. Now stop QQing.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

Maybe it’s impossible for low pop servers because everyone there is trying to guest to high pop servers like blackgate.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Frenk the Vile.2596

Frenk the Vile.2596

Disagree, totally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ToT.7018

ToT.7018

I’m on Deso and as yet havent completed Teq even though i’ve been to a couple of events (overflowed)
I’m certainly not against guesting but maybe an idea would be if no-one is allowed on the event only home accounts and maybe 10 minutes before Teq starts the world wide reminder goes out to remind and stragglers that want to do it, then 5 minutes before it starts anyone including guests are allowed to join to fill any empty spaces.
Not sure how guests would be notified but most people watch the dragon timers anyway and a 5 minute warning could be added to that.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Kimyrielle.3826

Kimyrielle.3826

Isn’t it awesome how this new content is bringing our community so closely together? It almost feels like any other MMO now, I have really missed that cooperative and friendly atmosphere!

Tarnished Coast

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Arrow.3856

Arrow.3856

Isn’t it awesome how this new content is bringing our community so closely together? It almost feels like any other MMO now, I have really missed that cooperative and friendly atmosphere!

LMAO :p I feel one with Tyria and all its servers! I love the feeling of being useless over and over because I fail something. I love the feeling of being yelled at by commanders over and over. I love the fact that I’m on a server and I have only been able to get on my main map once in an off-peak time. I love this content so much

/sarcasm

“I may not be a horse whisperer, but I certainly
can and do speak to unicorns.” (Arrow The
Unicorn)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

If people guesting to your server is becoming an issue, grab large groups of friends and guest to some of the lower pop servers – where you can then expand your circle of friends.

The idea that a “server” kills the boss is a concept we all need to get away from. Outside of WvW, it should be the GW2 community. If you have subsets within that community (your guild and friends list), coordinate with them to find an emptier server (there are a few) where you can take on the Tequatl challenge together – like I said, you may even make new friends in the process. With guesting, its free and easy.

Coordinate with your friends and you will find a place you can all play together on this fight pretty easily.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Playmate.8521

Playmate.8521

If players care enough about it they’ll work to get coordinated with each other just like Blackgate did. If that isn’t an option, then they should transfer. If they care enough, they will, and that’s how you can separate the people who care and the people who don’t.

100% support to OP

YOU CANT BEAT TEQ WITH JUST 6-10 People! Ask people from this servers how many were there when teq spawned first time. I think there should be a option that homeserver players have first join to the main server – but disable guesting didnt help until anet fixed this crap with low pop servers. Why should they pay for transfer? Give me one good reason why they should waste their money!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Yep. Let’s disable guesting.

Then you can kitten about how Arena.net is AGAIN doing a 180 on their initial promise to you.

Makes sense.

in Tequatl Rising

The Eternal Grace.3157

YOU CANT BEAT TEQ WITH JUST 6-10 People!

Disable rewards for world bosses while guesting and guess what…your population will be back.

Why should they pay for transfer? Give me one good reason

If the server they’re playing on doesn’t care as much as them and they are much more committed than others on their server, it makes perfect sense to transfer. Join a community with a closer playstyle to yours.

A father with a kid who he has to check on every few minutes probably wouldn’t fit in very well with an “elite” group. An “elite” player isn’t going to want to wait around in a party while people are constantly going afk. If your server isn’t playing in a way that suits you, move to one that does more-so.

in Tequatl Rising

The Eternal Grace.3157

Yep. Let’s disable guesting.

Then you can kitten about how Arena.net is AGAIN doing a 180 on their initial promise to you.

Makes sense.

The promised to let you play with friends from other servers, not join other servers to leech off of other servers’ dedication and loot. This update broke guesting, and this thread was made to suggest fixing it by not giving rewards for world boss events while guesting, not to disable it altogether.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Dervrelin.2978

Dervrelin.2978

Well i do agree that home player should get first crack in. I got kicked out of the game part way through Anvil Rocks best attempt yet, and somehow when i finally got rid of the black screen (which required actually restarting the game,) I could not get back in to the same fight i was on. Instead i get sent to Overflow purgatory. I highly doubt that Guests were the problem. It was more likely everyone who actually plays on Anvil Rock trying to all get in, and we’re a low population server. Honestly if a few from other servers that have beaten Teq want to get in and help organize I don’t mind as long as mostly home players are getting a chance