Needs a nerf

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

The problem here is that you have a bunch of people show up in blues wanting to participate.

And while it’s totally not their fault the design of the encounter simply doesn’t allow for it. He has way too much health and the design conflicts entirely with ArenaNet’s stated of goal of wanting to allow everyone to participate. Either put the content in an instance and make it a proper raid or nerf his health down to acceptable levels. This is kitten.

Fully accept with this. It’s a great idea, however it’s not even a level 80 zone, lowbies will show up, people in blues will show up. Such Tequatl should only be in an instance, for an open world boss where everyone can participate he is too much.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Tequatl just spawned and was done the second time. Take note from these pictures that his stacks are removed and people are re-running instead of laying dead. Still not gotten past phase 1.

You have like no one there… no wonder you are failing… I only see like 6 commander icons too… what server are you on?

On JQ you can’t even see the ground in a typical teq fight because the screen is a sea of names. And forget the mini-map, 50-60 commanders blot it out like the sun.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

Tequatl just spawned and was done the second time. Take note from these pictures that his stacks are removed and people are re-running instead of laying dead. Still not gotten past phase 1.

Kill the fingers….

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Mirta.5029

You have like no one there… no wonder you are failing… I only see like 6 commander icons too… what server are you on?

On JQ you can’t even see the ground in a typical teq fight because the screen is a sea of names. And forget the mini-map, 50-60 commanders blot it out like the sun.

Underworld. I’m pretty sure that there was more than 80 people having in mind that people were defending cannons, cannoning and attacking.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

1/4 farming the champions,

I thought they said the champs didn’t drop any loot. I guess people didn’t get this message.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

1/4 farming the champions,

I thought they said the champs didn’t drop any loot. I guess people didn’t get this message.

They don’t.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

Did the bone walls spawn at any time? I’m assuming not since you said his stacks were removed. But keep in mind that if the bone walls do spawn, Teq goes full invulnerability. You HAVE to take the attention off Teq and onto the bone walls to proceed forward. If he gets full stacks and those bone walls spawn, it will slow you tremendously.

Kill those fingers! They drop poison clouds and don’t want them around! It’ll make things much easier for your turret folks (so turrets can focus on decreasing stacks and buffing allies).

Also, you need to get people rezzing the dead instead of forcing them to WP and run. The devs very much emphasized during the sneak peak that the run back takes people out of combat for 60 seconds. When you have a large group of people that you’re forcing to run back, that’s a lot of DPS you’re loosing. You can get people back into the fight FAR faster if you rez the dead. Get rezzing and you’ll likely do better.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

(edited by Manoa.5897)

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Arrow.3856

Arrow.3856

I would understand if we had people fail with about 20, 30, 50% his hp left but Our overflow was only able to get him down to 85% with everyone trying and commanders commanding.

“I may not be a horse whisperer, but I certainly
can and do speak to unicorns.” (Arrow The
Unicorn)

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Mirta.5029

Also, you need to get people rezzing the dead instead of forcing them to WP and run. The devs very much emphasized during the sneak peak that the run back takes people out of combat for 60 seconds. When you have a large group of people that you’re forcing to run back, that’s a lot of DPS you’re loosing. You can get people back into the fight FAR faster if you rez the dead. Get rezzing and you’ll likely do better.

Rez while they’re down. The first time around people waited to be rezed, so 60% of all population was dead most of the time.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Arrow.3856

Cant rez 30 people while you have to protect the turret users getting attacked constantly, getting posioned every two secs. and then tide comes and everyone trying to rez dies. It really does require alot of co-ordination and alot of skilled players. Too much to be expected in this environment.

Unicorn)

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Manoa.5897

Rez while they’re down. The first time around people waited to be rezed, so 60% of all population was dead most of the time.

You should be rezzing if they’re dead too. Having so many people running from the WP is hurting your DPS. You can get someone rezzed up from full death and back fighting far faster than it takes for them to run back from the WP.

Henge of Denravi

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Manoa.5897

Cant rez 30 people while you have to protect the turret users getting attacked constantly, getting posioned every two secs. and then tide comes and everyone trying to rez dies. It really does require alot of co-ordination and alot of skilled players. Too much to be expected in this environment.

Need to be breaking up into sub-groups. It will be a lot easier to get the amount of coordination needed when the LFG tool is fully implemented.

Also, us Group 2 folks during the livestream pretty much had a full wipe from the tidal wave due to battery event failure. We all were able to get each other up pretty kitten quickly.

Henge of Denravi

(edited by Manoa.5897)

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Mirta.5029

You should be rezzing if they’re dead too. Having so many people running from the WP is hurting your DPS. You can get someone rezzed up from full death and back fighting far faster than it takes for them to run back from the WP.

And like I said when we did it that way the first time around there was no DPS, because 20 people would get wiped, 40 would try to rez, there’s a poison cloud on the rezers and suddenly there’s 10 new dead ones.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Arrow.3856

Like I said, way too much cooperation expected. Esp when you know most people are not geared for it. I saw how many thieves get owned by the tide over and over. I mean its a pug fight. You really can’t expect everyone to go into parties and all parties work together. But we shall see, maybe we are missing something.

Unicorn)

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

When a fight scales with clueless people, that is an issue. When a fight relies on people to take certain roles, like turrets, that they can then kitten up screwing over everyone. That IS an issue.

Teq might be fine for a group of people who know what they are doing. But when youre at the mercy of randoms you cannot have difficult fights because they will screw it up. and drag everyone else down with them.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

Thing is though people aren’t ressing so it ends up being faster way pointing.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

Peeps prefer to farm the champs that spawn behind.

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Manoa.5897

And like I said when we did it that way the first time around there was no DPS, because 20 people would get wiped, 40 would try to rez, there’s a poison cloud on the rezers and suddenly there’s 10 new dead ones.

That blame lies with the people on the turrets. Should have been cleansing those clouds so people could rez.

Henge of Denravi

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Manoa.5897

And we’ll never see a successful completion of this event if players are intent on not rezzing others.

Henge of Denravi

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

How about fact that there is finnaly something for guilds to do in pve. I cant beleve what i read from some of posters here, starting with OP.

Yes it is hard, which is egzactly something this game needed badly. I guess that mentality “show up and get rewarded” is deeply rooted in this games population. Finnaly an event that is challenging, requires coordination, and after first fail here they are crying how its too hard.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Failing should cost 10g. Maybe then we would see some serious attempts.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Talonos.3648

Talonos.3648

It really does require alot of co-ordination and alot of skilled players. Too much to be expected in this environment.

Exactly.
You’re never going to get 80+ properly geared people ORGANIZED to any significant degree to do this….especially in overflow.

It’s going to fail for a week straight, and either ANet will realize they gave too much credit to their playerbase and nerf the event, or it will become another Karka Queen.

GG Devs.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Manoa.5897

I guess that mentality “show up and get rewarded” is deeply rooted in this games population.

That’s just as deeply rooted as the “don’t rez ‘lazy’ people, force them to WP” mentality. Sad really.

Henge of Denravi

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

or it will become another Karka Queen.

What’s the point if it as easy as karka queen? Karka queen is like free loot.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

We’ll see how it goes with NSP…. (we’re known for pulling off the impossible).
I seriously doubt we’ll succeed on the first try, or even the third…

But I think we’ve got a good history of figuring this stuff out b/c we’re just a lot more patient (well our commanders are … not me personally, I’m lazy & easily razzled).

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

We’ll see how it goes with NSP…. (we’re known for pulling off the impossible).
I seriously doubt we’ll succeed on the first try, or even the third…

But I think we’ve got a good history of figuring this stuff out b/c we’re just a lot more patient (well our commanders are … not me personally, I’m lazy & easily razzled).

Lol.. even if you guys do, best to report a fail.

Otherwise, you’ll all end up in overflow…

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Definitely the HP are too much. Or not enough time. For this amount of HP at least we should get 60 minutes timer.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Rhaegus.8924

Rhaegus.8924

We clearly are missing something.
The event is now halfway on Jade Quarry.
We have a coordinated guild on teamspeak manning the turrets.
All people are using the waypoint when downed, as you can see in the screenshot.
The fingers and undead on the turrets are being killed….
The healthbar doesn’t move at all.

If i remember correctly, when the trailer and dev stream came out, the devs themselves had to use cheats to get the healthbar low enough to reach the second stage….that should say something…

I wonder if they took scaling into account?

Event just ended, we got him down to 80%

Attachments:

(edited by Rhaegus.8924)

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

DPS needs to be at Teq, most of the time I see everyone stacked up on the turrets.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Kogent.5473

Kogent.5473

A lot of people are saying that he’s impossible. And then, perhaps even more people are defending aNet and saying it’s “working as intended”. Why some people instantly choose to mindlessly defend aNet, I don’t know, but (no offense aNet, I think Gw2 is great and all) they’re just as prone to mistakes as anyone else is. And I’m sure it’s not their intention to make Tequatl bosses where only the top % can kill, and I’m sure they don’t want to make this one of those games.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Baamoink.4281

Baamoink.4281

We just got him down to 60%-65% health on Far Shiverpeaks, assigned an organized guild to camp the turrets, zerg did the rest. It’s a shame the timer doesn’t reset between phases, instead it freezes (which was at 26 seconds for us) then continues afterwards.

Guild: Mantle Assasins [MA] – Guild Leader
Server: Far Shiverpeaks EU

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

I’m going to give them some credit and assume that a big part of the failure rate right now is people don’t know how to play this.

Give it time. GW1 had a lot of high level content you had to either figure out or fail. It’s nice to see something like that.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Manoa.5897

We clearly are missing something.
The event is now halfway on Jade Quarry.
We have a coordinated guild on teamspeak manning the turrets.
All people are using the waypoint when downed, as you can see in the screenshot.
The fingers and undead on the turrets are being killed….
The healthbar doesn’t move at all.

If i remember correctly, when the trailer and dev stream came out, the devs themselves had to use cheats to get the healthbar low enough to reach the second stage….that should say something…

I wonder if they took scaling into account?

Event just ended, we got him down to 80%

-You don’t need nearly that many at the turrets. Based on my experience during the sneak peek, you shouldn’t need more than one to two full team at each set of turrets to protect the turrets and their operators. The bulk of your people should be at Teq, not the turrets.

-Rez the dead instead of forcing them to WP and run back. You’re loosing too much DPS by forcing people to run instead of just rezzing him.

-Did the bone walls spawn at any time? If so, Teq will go full invulnra until the bone walls come down. If the bone walls spawn, you need to pull people off of Teq and get them to focus on the bone walls.

Henge of Denravi

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Coordinate and win. Get 40 people organised and go to an overflow after it finished.
I think this boss is easy if organised well.

If they nerf this, it’ll be the ultimate stamp on gw2 “casual game”.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

WP is really fast… I noticed. Not that much time to swim and then use those jump platforms.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Kogent.5473

Kogent.5473

Coordinate and win. Get 40 people organised and go to an overflow after it finished.

So what you’re saying is, you’d rather it not be a casual game. You want it to be a hardcore game where some content is only possible for a small percentage of people? I’m not saying make it easy, because all the other champs they buffed are definitely more fun, but if you want bosses like what you’re saying, go back to WoW.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ZoiN.4280

ZoiN.4280

And we’ll never see a successful completion of this event if players are intent on not rezzing others.

I saw people in map chat telling people to keep running from WP if they died – Which I honostly don’t get due to the time it actually takes to run from there, obviously it used to be like that, but you didden’t have a timer either, as it is right now no one really ress people all that much since people think its a waste of time, as apparently it wasnt worth ressing people before when in a boss fight :s

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

They just need to increase the timer to 30 minutes. THat’s all this fight needs to be perfect.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Mirta.5029

How about fact that there is finnaly something for guilds to do in pve. I cant beleve what i read from some of posters here, starting with OP.

Yes it is hard, which is egzactly something this game needed badly. I guess that mentality “show up and get rewarded” is deeply rooted in this games population. Finnaly an event that is challenging, requires coordination, and after first fail here they are crying how its too hard.

Guilds have guild missions, open world bosses should be something everyone can participate in.

Failing should cost 10g. Maybe then we would see some serious attempts.

Failed twice. It cost me 40 silver. Won’t be trying again. Is there a point?

I thought that GW2 is a casual game and that world bosses are accessible to the masses and not only to the top elite.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: MrPhazon.1370

MrPhazon.1370

stop being lazy and learn the fight? first challenge in gw2. Stop whining and start learning the boss

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Mirta.5029

stop being lazy and learn the fight? first challenge in gw2. Stop whining and start learning the boss

I know the fight. I was there for the stream. Other people trying it also knew the fight. When even Beta people can’t take the boss down, there’s something wrong with the boss.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Mourningcry.9428

I know the fight. I was there for the stream. Other people trying it also knew the fight. When even Beta people can’t take the boss down, there’s something wrong with the boss.

Wouldn’t it be a bit arrogant to presume that just because certain groups can’t do it, that something’s wrong with the encounter?

Maybe a little humility and consider that there’s a learning curve, and perhaps you’re all not as uber as you may think?

There’s already progress happening. Latest thread had it @ 50% (~4hrs after patch). I would wager that at this rate (and excluding any nerfs/buffs) it’ll be downed before tomorrow’s reset, and be on farm before the weekend.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

I think it best if they make it so you have to protect some NPCs that are shooting the cannons to remove his buffs, then give additional cannons to players for support. (heal/poison removal) or maybe split is 50/50. 3 npc cannons & 3 player cannons.

I like that this requires team work, but there needs to be some way for a good, working-together guild to do it, even if there are morons playing there.

it might not matter if you have 50 ppl who know the fight are there, if 6 ppl on cannons don’t. I think that is probably the issue.

(edited by DarksunG.9537)

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Mirta.5029

Wouldn’t it be a bit arrogant to presume that just because certain groups can’t do it, that something’s wrong with the encounter?

Maybe a little humility and consider that there’s a learning curve, and perhaps you’re all not as uber as you may think?

There’s already progress happening. Latest thread had it @ 50% (~4hrs after patch). I would wager that at this rate (and excluding any nerfs/buffs) it’ll be downed before tomorrow’s reset, and be on farm before the weekend.

I think that there’s a limit with how much organized guilds can do when random noobs upscale the difficulty even more. Want Tequatl like this? Make people able to make an 80 man party and put him in an instance.
And no, I’m not about to become humble, because PVE is supposed to be for everyone. It shouldn’t exclude people from events if they’re not level 80s in exotics, especially when it’s not a level 80 zone.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Miragee.3604

Miragee.3604

Just don’t die, it’s not hard to survive anyways, even if the clouds didn’t get cleaned.

The fight itself is rather dull for a single person. I’m looking forward to see how people organise. I have a feeling…

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Mourningcry.9428

I think that there’s a limit with how much organized guilds can do when random noobs upscale the difficulty even more. Want Tequatl like this? Make people able to make an 80 man party and put him in an instance.
And no, I’m not about to become humble, because PVE is supposed to be for everyone. It shouldn’t exclude people from events if they’re not level 80s in exotics, especially when it’s not a level 80 zone.

PvE is for everyone. But success isn’t.

After a while, it’ll only be natural that those that aren’t up for it will naturally shy away from this event.

Then organized groups will start to work it. “Noobs” will slowly start coming back into it, get knowledgeable, and then be able to spread it.

It’s a natural process. And there’s no reason why it shouldn’t take some time.

And I have no doubt that if properly equipped, the event would be level appropriate (AC revamp anyone?).

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Miragee.3604

Miragee.3604

I thought that GW2 is a casual game and that world bosses are accessible to the masses and not only to the top elite.

I thought casual isn’t the same as being stupid.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: OpLickem.8250

OpLickem.8250

It doesn’t need a nerf. We just need the time to learn how to play it. You may not know, but Tequatl is a DRAGON BOSS, a Zhaitan’s Lieutenant, it need to be that difficult, and people need to learn how to fight him without crying, please.

Zhaitan was a lot easier than this. PLOT TWIST! Tequatl is actually the elder dragon.

Bloodcovered Backstabbin’ Blackjack the Blade, at your service.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Mirta.5029

After a while, it’ll only be natural that those that aren’t up for it will naturally shy away from this event.

So it’s good to scare new players away? It’s a leveling zone for goodness sake!

Then organized groups will start to work it. “Noobs” will slowly start coming back into it, get knowledgeable, and then be able to spread it.

How about you cut out the pain and just put it in the instance? Remember the update that made The claw not Pew Pewable by just stacking in one area at part 2? Well I’ve still seen plenty of stackers there a few days ago.

And I have no doubt that if properly equipped, the event would be level appropriate (AC revamp anyone?).

I’ve carried level 29 trough AC P1 and 3 no prob. Teq is far worse.

I thought casual isn’t the same as being stupid.

And I don’t think that those people failing it right now deserve to be called stupid.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lexandro.1456

Lexandro.1456

Indeed I fully agree.

The vast majority of PVE players have used a guide at some point for something in the game, or have been guided by more knowledgable players. There are not guides atm, so naturally the vast majority do not know what they are doing. Until the skilled players take him down and post instructions on how the did so, it wont be completed any time soon.