in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Cash.2385

Cash.2385

Please nurf with this new update areanet if you reading please

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

4th try. Morale by now is running low. Very low. People are getting frustrated and end up blaming each other. Some decide to leave mid fight because “we can’t do it” making it even harder for us. It’s borderline nighttime by now. Though I guess it’s somewhat an achievement that UW is still doing about the same amount of damage at nighttime as we did at day time. This time one of the mistakes was that the zerg was too far away for 3 out of 6 turrets to buff them.
If anyone has nothing to do and is on EU, you’re free to guest, join my party and get into the regular map (if you can), though we would appreciate helpful active people. We have enough AFKers on our end as it is.

If you’re having trouble with getting enough folks to participate or stick with the event, maybe you can reach out to the folks over on Vabbi and Desolation? Now that they’ve had successes, their players may now have a higher risk of encountering overflows because other servers will be guesting on their servers to see how it’s done. You guys would get the benefit of having players who have experienced the event to its end and can give you guys advice. And their players would benefit from being on a stable map where people have a vested interest instead of being stuck on an overflow map. Could be a win-win.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Andross.5183

Andross.5183

Just give up and don’t do Anet’s “content”. They react pretty quickly, when they see their player numbers plummeting.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Maestria of Strat.2974

Maestria of Strat.2974

I just tried it. It’s moronic.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

If you’re having trouble with getting enough folks to participate or stick with the event, maybe you can reach out to the folks over on Vabbi and Desolation? Now that they’ve had successes, their players may now have a higher risk of encountering overflows because other servers will be guesting on their servers to see how it’s done. You guys would get the benefit of having players who have experienced the event to its end and can give you guys advice. And their players would benefit from being on a stable map where people have a vested interest instead of an overflow map. Could be a win-win.

On our last, 5th try we begged for help. Not many people did help us. That was 8 hours. I feel not only exhausted I feel devastated emotionally. It’s nothing but depressing to fail again and again. I don’t even know if tomorrow I want to attempt again. That’s one of the problems with it being as it is. The wish is there. The concentration is there. And yet it gets us nowhere.

Attachments:

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Azraelle.1683

Azraelle.1683

Please put this boss into instance and add lfg option for him. Typical brainless pug players can’t kill him.

Thief/Guardian. Desolation [EU]

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Mirta.5029

Please put this boss into instance and add lfg option for him. Typical brainless pug players can’t kill him.

It’s kind of insulting to not know whether the brainless comment is directed at me or not, but yes, that would help. Trough out all 5 tries we had random AFKers that you can’t get rid off.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Manoa.5897

If you’re having trouble with getting enough folks to participate or stick with the event, maybe you can reach out to the folks over on Vabbi and Desolation? Now that they’ve had successes, their players may now have a higher risk of encountering overflows because other servers will be guesting on their servers to see how it’s done. You guys would get the benefit of having players who have experienced the event to its end and can give you guys advice. And their players would benefit from being on a stable map where people have a vested interest instead of an overflow map. Could be a win-win.

On our last, 5th try we begged for help. Not many people did help us. That was 8 hours. I feel not only exhausted I feel devastated emotionally. It’s nothing but depressing to fail again and again. I don’t even know if tomorrow I want to attempt again. That’s one of the problems with it being as it is. The wish is there. The concentration is there. And yet it gets us nowhere.

Vabbi Teq players! Desolation Teq players! Please help these folks out!

EDIT – Saw this for the NA servers. Thought it might be another option for you guys to consider (perhaps you guys can create an EU version?). https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/tequatl/Let-s-Organize-to-Slay-Tequatl-NA/first#post2869446

Henge of Denravi

(edited by Manoa.5897)

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Manoa.5897

It’s kind of insulting to not know whether the brainless comment is directed at me or not, but yes, that would help. Trough out all 5 tries we had random AFKers that you can’t get rid off.

I remember when I participated in the Anniversary Bash sneak peek, we were able to take advantage of the LFG tool. The sad thing is that the LFG tool is incredibly helpful for an event like this, but they haven’t fully implemented the tool. Which means you have do do some pre-planning and form the necessary groups up ahead of time (which is what the successful servers have been doing) instead of being able to create and join groups on the fly. This whole thing would have been much smoother if the entire playerbase had access to the LFG tool.

Henge of Denravi

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: doomfodder.2906

doomfodder.2906

…. People that are poorly geared and/or poorly skilled can take the spot of others who would be more of an asset and more coordinated, and the thing is, everybody else shouldn’t be punished for that just because a few lackluster people want to participate and have fun….

poorly geared? you mean like a mix of greens/rares/exotics? For some reason I thought that because this event was taking place in a level 65 area, EVERYONE is scaled down. I can’t afford ascended gear yet, but doesn’t scaling significantly reduce everyone to approximately the same level such that “poorly geared” is much closer to a scaled ascended?

back to what I think is your real point…. There are several ways to fail at this event. Since only 6 turret operators are allowed and they are100% required for event success, they are clearly the weak link in the event chain. Designers were obviously aware of this weak link and felt that everyone at the event should be punished (ie event SHOULD fail) if 6 players at the event didn’t coordinate ALL of their efforts during all aspects of the event duration. All other players at the event are essentially support for turret operators prot/heal/def from foes, dps while teq is stunned , & dps for sub event defend the megalaser.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

The TIMER has to be nerfed, not the actual FIGHT

Nerfing the timer would be nerfing the fight.

Except it wouldn’t be. He’d still be hitting hard and you’d still be fighting against the timer. Making it 30 minutes instead of 15 wouldn’t change a kitten thing. Hell, it still may not be enough time, considering for those that get him down to 80% in 15 minutes have 15 more minutes to maybe get him down just under 50%. Those of us getting him just at 70% at 15 minutes now have 15 more minutes to possibly get him below 25%.

You get what I’m saying? It wouldn’t make this fight any easier, it would just give you more time to do it in. Though I want them to change failing the battery defense to an automatic Teq boss failure. That way you can’t mess up on defense.

Ask the players who’ve downed this boss if doubling the time to do it would be a nerf or not. I suspect I know what they’d say.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

…. People that are poorly geared and/or poorly skilled can take the spot of others who would be more of an asset and more coordinated, and the thing is, everybody else shouldn’t be punished for that just because a few lackluster people want to participate and have fun….

poorly geared? you mean like a mix of greens/rares/exotics? For some reason I thought that because this event was taking place in a level 65 area, EVERYONE is scaled down. I can’t afford ascended gear yet, but doesn’t scaling significantly reduce everyone to approximately the same level such that “poorly geared” is much closer to a scaled ascended?

back to what I think is your real point…. There are several ways to fail at this event. Since only 6 turret operators are allowed and they are100% required for event success, they are clearly the weak link in the event chain. Designers were obviously aware of this weak link and felt that everyone at the event should be punished (ie event SHOULD fail) if 6 players at the event didn’t coordinate ALL of their efforts during all aspects of the event duration. All other players at the event are essentially support for turret operators prot/heal/def from foes, dps while teq is stunned , & dps for sub event defend the megalaser.

Not necessarily for the poorly geared thing. I’m also including people that are geared for pure condition damage, for instance. It is at no fault to them that the condition cap has such a tight mechanical limit, but it is damage that is being lost because people won’t respec or regear for one fight when it isn’t really necessary for the rest of the games content.

I don’t really blame them either, because the content was placed in the open world for everybody to be able to participate in, meaning that it was in no way meant to be exclusive content.

To take it a step further though, if a game designer makes content that is accessible to everybody that’s willing to participate, but overall only a limited amount of slots before a server gets filled up, then the success of the event shouldn’t have to hinge on doing optimal DPS in a given time frame, nor should it have to rely on a small group of select players dedicated to a limited amount of game mechanics that greatly control the outcome of the fight.

I’m not saying content shouldn’t be challenging, and it should definitely, definitely be able to fail. But it should fail because the skill of the players at defending the fights mechanics isn’t good enough. Like if all of the turrets were destroyed, it fails. Or, maybe giving the dragon a “kill meter,” which scales on the amount of people participating, and if enough people are killed by the dragon, the event fails, among others. I mean, sure, more people would be able to grief, but success wouldn’t be so paramount to such a small number of turret users and simultaneously the amount of people participating to be able to do DPS in a time frame.

Which is why I suggested the alternative; giving players a way to buy their own turrets. Maybe have guild owned turrets that those guilds can take control of at any time. Something to make the necessary mechanics of the first part of the fight much more flexible for the people who are serious about completing the content.

As for a nerf, I support the mindset behind why people think it needs to be nerfed right now, but it remains to be seen whether or not every single server is truly incapable of completing it. In my server, this next push will probably by the last prime time server push we get for the day, and it will probably be indicative of how much of our server continues to try the event. Hopefully we get in enough meaningful progress to prove the forums calling for a nerf wrong, but if not, I doubt I’ll even participate again personally, knowing that it’s just going to fail again in it’s current state.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shelledfade.6435

Shelledfade.6435

6 turrets that anyone can use, including trolls, afkers, and noobs. 6 turrets that 100+ other people rely on.

Dumb.

This fight needs to be changed / nerfed.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Mirta.5029

Do not nerf this !!!
the best change to the game ever in gw2 history)

Did you try doing it for 8 hours non stop and failing it every time yet?

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Well, that was my last try. Got it to 75% with almost 3 minutes left, and couldn’t even get it down to 50% from there. It’s just a big waste of a time.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

or it will become another Karka Queen.

What’s the point if it as easy as karka queen? Karka queen is like free loot.

go to a server thats not blackgate or a t1 server, tell me if its free loot then, and have fun by yourself in southsun.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Shelledfade.6435

Well, that was my last try. Got it to 75% with almost 3 minutes left, and couldn’t even get it down to 50% from there. It’s just a big waste of a time.

same, I’ve done it around 5 or 6 times now and yeah, I’m not even going to bother anymore.

Thanks Anet. Maybe I’ll go AFK on a turret for the hell of it, everyone else seems to be doing it anyway.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

As it is right now it takes an insane amount of coordination. I suggest you either try to rally your server or guest to a server that is succeeding.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

It’s not an insane amount of coordination. Try doing sPvP/small group WvW. That takes far more. People just need to up their skill/coordination from what they were used to before (push 1, afk, win)

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Firefly.5982

Firefly.5982

Yeah, please do not nerf this. It’s the ONE encounter in the entire game that requires an entire server to communicate and coordinate – the entire rest of the game is easy going.

For the low population servers – guesting might be the way to go. You do need 80-100 players currently to beat Tequatl, so if you do not have those numbers, honestly, don’t waste your time trying. If you don’t have enough DPS to get him to 75% with at least 7 minutes left on the timer, quit. You won’t be able to finish him in time. At least that way you won’t waste your time.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Mirta.5029

It’s not an insane amount of coordination. Try doing sPvP/small group WvW. That takes far more. People just need to up their skill/coordination from what they were used to before (push 1, afk, win)

I actually ran a small guild WvW group ninja capping camps and some towers and it’s by far easier. I can do that. I can do tourneys. I can’t discuss strategy again and again and again for 8 straight hours only to come out of it empty handed and disappointed in life.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: yungwizud.1827

yungwizud.1827

this is a terrible idea! we finally have some content worth bragging about dont listen to the casuals. we need some hard content and there isnt much of it.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Well, it seems my server killed him multiple times now, on the second day. Second or third now on North American servers.

So, it’s not impossible. It’ll just take time depending on the knowledge and listening skills of your player base.

The fight is epic. Please don’t nerf it because it isn’t a cakewalk. A dragon should be a challenge. Weren’t there tons of complaints about how easy Zhaitan was?

No nerfing the event please.

Gone to Reddit.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Dragons should be a challenge yes, but I don’t get the “difficulty” folks at all. Note, I am making an observation here, NOT asking for a nerf or otherwise.

There’s little strategy (I’ll grant dodge-rolling waves, teams dealing with health issues, poison)… it’s mainly the same as the other world boss fights (although the interludes with the jump pads etc are fun) – beat a bag of hit points that just stands there. Very static, primarily DPS.

The challenge comes from the players/team.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

After I turn my settings down to the lowest quality in order to do the event, I do a little prayer to Dwayna that the turreters will be good and that we succeed after waiting for hours in an overflow server on blackgate.
After doing it once, I feel that unless there is a big coordinated effort from either guilds or the BG server as a whole I probably won’t bother. Too bad too because it is the most fun I have had in the game since beta.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Shelledfade.6435

I don’t understand what’s so difficult about a timer. The dragons entire skin should be replaced by huge countdown numbers instead, cuz that’s all this is.

This isn’t a challenge, its a public event gear-check and that’s stupid.

More like luck in beating this thing in a public event, and whichever server is better geared at the correct time of the fight wins, and those not trolling the turrets I guess.

People been sitting on the turrets for HOURS to beat the boss, that’s just stupid and insane.

This has been one of the worst updates to the game.

(edited by Shelledfade.6435)

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

This is my opinion on this matter. Wait. Wait for 2 weeks or a month. Keep the difficulty as is keep the time as is. If there are a bunch of servers that can not win the fight at least 1 out of 5 or 1 out of 10 times increase the timer slightly. Perhaps 5 minutes will do.

Remember ArenaNet likes to test things live then adjust as needed. 1-2 days is not enough to come to a conclusion.

Oh and good turret players will not win this fight. I just did it and the wall never went up. Still only got to about 48%. Too many dead not walking players.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Auric.3742

Auric.3742

Nope, they do not want everyone to participate. Got kicked and cannot log back in for 21/2 hours. Oh yeah, that was fun.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Nope, they do not want everyone to participate. Got kicked and cannot log back in for 21/2 hours. Oh yeah, that was fun.

Welcome to the future of Guild Wars 2. Now take a number and sit down while waiting for your turn to have fun.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

All Teq needs is TWEAKING, not a nerf. If you are failing hard, it’s due to lack of people, lack of organization, clueless players, crappy equipment, or all the above. That’s why I see it fail in overflow yet succeed or get very close on TC.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Walksalone.4369

Walksalone.4369

It’s pretty pointless, especially w/ the contested waypoint? Thats just silly…

I’m not going to even waste my time and coin to wp down there until something is resolved…

nice job Dev’s….lol

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Have any servers done it w/o use of voice coms?

Serenity now~Insanity later

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Co-ordination over teamspeak, check
Watching the vids and knowing the fight/phases, check
Having competent guildies on the turrets removing stacks and poison, check
Splitting into small groups to defend so as not to trigger champs, check
Leaving the laser defense at 20 seconds to give a small time boost for the dpsers, check

We did all this and still only managed to get him to 60%. If this is your answer to raid content, even though we jumped through all the hoops, then you can have it.

If you don’t have voice com to co-ordinate you’re at a disadvantage, (something not natively included in the game btw).
If you lack enough dps, you’re screwed.
If you have to many protecting the turrets you’re screwed as the champions will overrun them taking them offline.
If you stay to long at the laser your screwed as the timer counts down and you fail.

I rarely did the old tek, as I found him (and the other dragons) to be about as challenging as brushing my teeth, but IMO you pust the lever far to far to the right on this one. OK you didn’t want us to hit the 1 key and go for dinner only to return and open chest, I get it. BUT even though we as players jumped through all the proper hoops we fail?1?. This is just poor design.

edit clarity

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

But in WvW you are playing with people you know, and extra people desciding to tag along do not artificially scale up the difficulty you have to deal with.

Neither do you have to wait 1-2hours to play again after you get wiped.

Neither do you rely on but a small fraction of your group to pull their weigth or doom everyone else. And mind you, that small fraction of your group could include the same randoms that are kittening around.

I’ve said it before, ill say it again. Without a massive lootbuff, or a serious nerf, this boss will die of neglect before long. Nobody is going to actually take the time for this guy anymore when the diehards have their satisfaction, and everyone else cant do it. And its not worth the trouble to even try because the loot is kitten.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Timothy.7204

Timothy.7204

This is typical of everything that is happening in this game anymore. The majority dislike something, yet the few posters who always defend Arenanet, always get their way. They are always the ones saying don’t change this, or make this permanent. The very people who are going to ruin this game.

The storyline clockwork fights were FAR more fun than this dragon. This dragon is nothing but griefing players. You can’t even stand around without being insta-killed by those green fish head sticking out of the ground. And why does the sky get sunny/brighter soon as the dragon appears, shouldn’t it be the other way around?

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: The Allseer.6928

The Allseer.6928

Joke’s on us I guess, pretty disgusted with this in general now. 20+ hours, most of that just sitting here waiting on the event to start cause let’s face it, unless you camp the area then you get thrown into random overflow that either has hardly anybody in it or just doesn’t have anything planned or set and the timing, coordination and perfection this needs is really high. Overflow never even has a remote chance of finishing unless a server group decided to go to a specific one to avoid the guesters (which just happened on my server where everyone disappeared to some super secret overflow to “get away from the kitten guesters looking for a free kill”, as they so rudely put it). Then there’s the problem with having to camp an area just to even get into your own server’s real flow – camping for hours and people going afk, then event starts and half the map is not even participating, compounding this is when these afk players are the ones on cannons, which are so pivotal to the whole fight). Even with an organized group on voip and working together it fails and fails and fails some more.

And yes, servers are completing it slowly, congrats to you that you had a large dedicated force that was willing to sit there for hours on end and try it repeatedly and camp the area just so you didn’t get put in overflow – or maybe you just happened to join at the right time and got lucky. Success may be due to carefully controlled and coordinated skill of a large group yes, but currently for many it’s also a lot of luck in being in the right place at the right time and getting past the overflow. Not everybody has a zerg guild or group that coordinates these things nor can they get into a group or server that is attempting to coordinate.

A slight health nerf or an extra min. or 2 on the timer is badly needed and something small would not ruin your elite dragon fight. I’m sure you would still fail plenty with some small change but at least players would have more an illusion of being able to finish rather than quitting after the first 2 min. go poorly and make the whole thing already impossible.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Talissa Chan.7208

Talissa Chan.7208

Dragonbrand, great communication, as many players as we could fit with foods/potions – 70% our best all day. I started @ 8am and its now 10:21pm I’ve been at every single spawn and its just a handful of people now and an LA full of “nah, not worth it”. Sorry anet. Its just crap content aimed at a very small percentage of your playerbase and the thrills wearing off which means so are the number of attendees.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Arrow.3856

Arrow.3856

This is typical of everything that is happening in this game anymore. The majority dislike something, yet the few posters who always defend Arenanet, always get their way. They are always the ones saying don’t change this, or make this permanent. The very people who are going to ruin this game.

The storyline clockwork fights were FAR more fun than this dragon. This dragon is nothing but griefing players. You can’t even stand around without being insta-killed by those green fish head sticking out of the ground. And why does the sky get sunny/brighter soon as the dragon appears, shouldn’t it be the other way around?

I count myself more an Anet loyalist then those who defend every inch of this game. I like to give my opinion on what I think will improve the game and what will actually ruin it. Blindly following/defending everything that Anet releases will turn into the Jonestown Massacre all over again. They are human and they make mistakes. If you try to blot out every person who gives an opinion by saying “qq” “Its perfect l2p” then your ignorant and will be the only person left when the game ends up a perfect image to you.

This has got to be the most stale content released since launch. Not only is it frustrating but it is a time sink and offers very little in the way of story. Sorry Anet I am not pleased.

“I may not be a horse whisperer, but I certainly
can and do speak to unicorns.” (Arrow The
Unicorn)

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

One thing that needs to get fixed is wave/pulse skills (yes that includes Fgreatsword, normal greatsword, burning speed, etc) to only hit the one intended time, the tequila wave has the element of luck if it instakills or just does 2~3k damage depending on how unlucky your landing/how many ticks of it hit you, same with overlapping spells of the same type on the same enemy (40 poison clouds in the same area are still just one poison, it shouldnt do 40 ticks of random nonsense damage if its the same spell/skill from the same source doing all the damage.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: shimmerless.4560

shimmerless.4560

I don’t understand why it’s so integral to some players to bring down an event simply because they personally are having difficulty seeing the end of it. Is this just some kind of, “If I can’t enjoy it, no one will” thing?

Not to bring back to STO too much but in that game there was an extremely hard raid introduced, one where, because tests were held in the beta where our old team managed to clear it, the devs intentionally ramped up the difficulty out of sheer spite.

There wasn’t even the kind of care or thought or complex mechanics that are present for this dragon thing, it was just a PvE scenario that was long thought (by the devs included) to be virtually impossible to finish within the constraints of the game. For months (yes, months) people would speak of it in hushed tones, organise team attempts and try out hundreds if not thousands of strategies. Eventually, we passed it (though admittedly there were a few amusing false alarms prior thanks to creative glitches).

None of us in STO wanted that raid instance changed at all. It was really fun and refreshing to have at least one thing in the game that was mercilessly unforgiving, that really pushed you to your absolute limits. The rewards weren’t important (I can’t even remember if there were any bar a prestige title), what mattered is that this legendary scenario made the game feel whole, made it feel complete.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

I actually ran a small guild WvW group ninja capping camps and some towers and it’s by far easier. I can do that. I can do tourneys. I can’t discuss strategy again and again and again for 8 straight hours only to come out of it empty handed and disappointed in life.

Perhaps you should do those things then, not every content is for everyone apparently.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Mirta.5029

Perhaps you should do those things then, not every content is for everyone apparently.

To be honest I never thought that there will ever be content that will be excluding full servers.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I don’t understand why it’s so integral to some players to bring down an event simply because they personally are having difficulty seeing the end of it. Is this just some kind of, “If I can’t enjoy it, no one will” thing?

Isn’t that exactly what’s going to happen to this event? If it stays as it is, eventually noone will enjoy it. I can see the numbers dropping already – and not on the random puggers’ side, but on the side of those that were trying to organize the event.
Some people might like to hit the wall repeatedly with their face, but it doesn’t mean that it should be proposed as a form of entertainment for the masses.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

kRiza krimos.1637

To be honest I never thought that there will ever be content that will be excluding full servers.

Or perhaps your server should organize better, judging from some of screens you posted your attempts were pretty disorganized. On one of screens you even had wall up, enough said.

My guild organised once, not even 800 ppl, rest were randoms, we got it to 60%. We will try again, and we will do it eventually.
Keep trying, working out tactict and builds ( yes, specific builds and gear means alot ) or give up, afterall you dont have to beat it same week its out, right? Good luck in either case.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Mirta.5029

Or perhaps your server should organize better, judging from some of screens you posted your attempts were pretty disorganized. On one of screens you even had wall up, enough said.

My guild organised once, not even 800 ppl, rest were randoms, we got it to 60%. We will try again, and we will do it eventually.
Keep trying, working out tactict and builds ( yes, specific builds and gear means alot ) or give up, afterall you dont have to beat it same week its out, right? Good luck in either case.

55 people were on TS. This was as much organization as the biggest guilds could provide. We couldn’t just kick randoms off the map though, therefore it would have been better if it’s instanced.
Bone wall should happen once anyway. In 10 seconds 6 turrets can remove 6 stacks, Tequatl in 10 seconds gains 8. Meaning sooner or later one wall with happen (happened on Blackgate as well).

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Crucible.9182

Crucible.9182

Please don’t nerf it. Do you want another loot pinata? There is one reason for failing this. People not knowing what to do. I saw some people at the turret but not enough to protect them. The people on the turrets tried to kill the mobs and didn’t even bother with reducing Tequatls scales and almost the entire zerg was hugging this dragon.

It will get easier, yes but it should only get easier with player experience.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Crucible.9182

Crucible.9182

theres a fine line between, challenging and stupidity, it gets crossed repeatedly. That being said, this is deffinetly on the stupid side, imo. I keep hearing/ reading, “not enuff ppl”, " not enuff experience", fight is a gear check", “ppl don’t know how to play” etc…. None of this sounds “fun or entertaing”. Personally i find nothing “challenging” about being 1 or 2 shot regardless of my gear or ability to play. It deffinetly is not for “random groups of ppl” , They will get crushed every time or spend mor e time getting “rezz’d” then actually playing. Might be a good fight for the “elite players” but for the average guy/gal it’s just one more thing taht frustrates and makes you look for other entertainment.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

theres a fine line between, challenging and stupidity, it gets crossed repeatedly. That being said, this is deffinetly on the stupid side, imo. I keep hearing/ reading, “not enuff ppl”, " not enuff experience", fight is a gear check", “ppl don’t know how to play” etc…. None of this sounds “fun or entertaing”. Personally i find nothing “challenging” about being 1 or 2 shot regardless of my gear or ability to play. It deffinetly is not for “random groups of ppl” , They will get crushed every time or spend mor e time getting “rezz’d” then actually playing. Might be a good fight for the “elite players” but for the average guy/gal it’s just one more thing taht frustrates and makes you look for other entertainment.

Actually most instakills in the fight are bugs… check the combat log.
Only actual instakill that can happen is if you are stupid and walk in the putrid ground created by 5+ fingers (wave hit by itself only does 1600 to 2800 damage in soldier if you got stability and walk towards it, but if it bugs out/you get knocked around in it, yay for up to a 12 multihit from the same skill).

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

kRiza krimos.1637

55 people were on TS. This was as much organization as the biggest guilds could provide. We couldn’t just kick randoms off the map though, therefore it would have been better if it’s instanced.
Bone wall should happen once anyway. In 10 seconds 6 turrets can remove 6 stacks, Tequatl in 10 seconds gains 8. Meaning sooner or later one wall with happen (happened on Blackgate as well).

We got him down to 60% without wall. I cant claim this as a fact, since i couldnt pay that much attention with all chaos going on, but i think hes not gaining scales when hes stunned.
Anyway, it is possible to do, and its been proven. 55 people on ts is simply not enough, that beeing said, it will get alot easier once lfg is out of beta.
Be patient, once boss week is over im sure there will be less randoms coming in just to grab achivements which will leave more space for guild runs, and people that really want to defeat him instead kitten around like tourists.
Also, with time people will find cookiecutter tactics and setups which will make event alot easier.

p.s. forget about instancing, Anet philosophy is open world and this is what they have in mind. There will probably be world bosses with various difficulties so everybody can pick their own. People asked for raids, and by all standards this is it.

(edited by kRiza krimos.1637)

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Mirta.5029

Well UW managed to move forwards. We’re losing great DPS due to fingers, but because video of Blackgate doing it is out nobody wants to dedicate 5 people to killing them and keeps insisting that we should instead have a never ending supply of guardians.

Attachments: