Needs a nerf

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: General Belisarius.2548

General Belisarius.2548

needs reworking of mechanics. maybe not a nerf but something isnt right and its not fun.except for the servers LUCKY enough to have completed it. i say lucky because they were lucky enough not to have a turret troll or a idiot on the turret doing the wrong thing. lucky enough not to be stuck in overflow, lucky enough not to have a dozen afkers, and klucky enough to have players that WP and run back. you can say lkuck wasnt involved but i dont believe thats entirely true. i HAVNT been lucky enough to make it out of a kitten overflow for kittens sake and i have tried for days.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

This is the closest we’ve gotten so far. So frustrating.

Attachments:

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Mirta.5029

We made it!
Only get some yellows. Too hard for just some yellows if you ask me.

Attachments:

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

If they want to make it stay as it is, they need to make it an instanced content.
So that some people afk can’t make it impossible, or making it scale into a certain failure.
So that organized people will play with other organized people, dead people will ress themselves or be kicked out, and trolls are properly excluded or kicked before they can do too much damage.

Else, nerf it.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

I manly read french forum as it is my first language, and sometime visit the german forum, and the anglophone one included.

And from the observation that I’ve gathered, why is the anglophone vocal minority is so god kitten whinny? They ask for nerf here and there non stop. While other communities forum is filled with strategy threads instead of “I want this content nerfed because my server can do it” or “I waiting 12 hours, therefore I should NOT fail”.

Just what is that? That’s like me telling to my teacher to give me A+ on my physic exam because I studied during 72hours +. Or wasn’t “lucky” like other people because I work, and they don’t. I just don’t get that logic.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Mirta.5029

I manly read french forum as it is my first language, and sometime visit the german forum, and the anglophone one included.

And from the observation that I’ve gathered, why is the anglophone vocal minority is so god kitten whinny? They ask for nerf here and there non stop. While other communities forum is filled with strategy threads instead of “I want this content nerfed because my server can do it” or “I waiting 12 hours, therefore I should NOT fail”.

Just what is that? That’s like me telling to my teacher to give me A+ on my physic exam because I studied during 72hours +. Or wasn’t “lucky” like other people because I work, and they don’t. I just don’t get that logic.

It’s PVE raid content that does not give rewards making him worth doing. This is a game that we do for fun, not work, yet to beat tequatl Underworld sacrificed 4 days of 8 hour long tries and today we had one 6 hour long try. In order to succeed you can’t have pugs, you can’t have low levels and you can’t have people not on TS. If Tequatl was an instanced raid nobody would have complaints, however Tequatl is a PVE event in not a level 80 zone.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Poplolita.2638

It’s PVE raid content that does not give rewards making him worth doing. This is a game that we do for fun, not work, yet to beat tequatl Underworld sacrificed 4 days of 8 hour long tries and today we had one 6 hour long try. In order to succeed you can’t have pugs, you can’t have low levels and you can’t have people not on TS. If Tequatl was an instanced raid nobody would have complaints, however Tequatl is a PVE event in not a level 80 zone.

While I understand most of your point, I would like to point out one thing.

" If Tequatl was an instanced raid nobody would have complaints"

I’m not sure about that. The vocal minority which is rampant here in gw2 [Eng], will still find a reason to complain. Here some examples of the complains we could have got if it was a raid instanced content:

-Boss too hard for us pugs with no teamspeak.
-Why is tequalt a raid content now when it was an open world pve content? Why should I feel the need to lfg when I didn’t have to before.
-I shouldn’t have to have to link my gear to do MY living content, and be in a group.
-Believe me, even if it’s an instanced raid, there will be chances to have some afkers and troll in your huge group of 80 people causing us to wipe and start all over again, kick him.. (Source: wow and ever quest 2 experience)
-Casual players will feel excluded from this content. But this time, LITERALY. I"m mainly talking about those who refuses to get teamspeak, and play a certain build. And play the way they want.

And so on.

I know that you feel that raid instance will cause less complains than know. But you hafve to remember one thing. It was an open world pve content open to everyone which is enough of a reason to cause a huge upward (Not sure about spelling) among this part of the community.

(edited by Poplolita.2638)

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Well I’ve come to admit I was wrong. I cried for a nerf the first few days but in reality it just took people a little longer to learn the fight then I thought. Main servers are now clearing Teq 5+ times a day, and even some overflows are starting to clear.

The only problems that remain are the turret operators are such a big factor, and the difficulty for uncoordinated overflows is too high. I would suggest implementing an AFk kick feature in the form of a ready check as well as increasing the population cap which should alleviate the overflow problem, and possibly adding in a few more turrets to take the pressure off the 6 turret operators.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sidu.9708

Sidu.9708

in like 1 week nobody will make teq cuz it takes toooo much time to organise everything

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: KickButtMario.2758

KickButtMario.2758

I am certain this will get a nerf soon but nerf it after the 2 weeks are up, which won’t be long now. A lot of people will stop doing this afterwards.

The only nerf I can think of is increasing the timer from 15 minutes to 20-30 minutes.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Poplolita.2638

I am certain this will get a nerf soon but nerf it after the 2 weeks are up, which won’t be long now. A lot of people will stop doing this afterwards.

The only nerf I can think of is increasing the timer from 15 minutes to 20-30 minutes.

I doubt it. Once ArenaNet implements something, expect it to remain unchanged for at least over 6 months. It took them 1 year to revamp one single dragon. Or simply see queen karka, although, I don’t think those two are comparable: tequalt kill brings prestige which is not the case with the queen karka.

Needs a nerf

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: urzen.7096

urzen.7096

All they have to do is remove the timer. Problem solved.

Sanctum of Rall