New "problem" with Guesting in Tequatl patch

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Aorin.9168

Aorin.9168

So now that Blackgate has been popularized with the world first Tequatl defeat, it has been impossible for myself and multiple friends/guild members to get in the Blackgate Sparkfly Fen map.

I’m willing to bet that more than half of the people occupying the Blackgate Sparkfly Fen player slots are guests from other servers.

I believe that players from the server the map belongs to should have priority over guests, how about you, Anet?

edit: I should add, I’ve been on Blackgate since launch

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Belzaboul.7653

Belzaboul.7653

Already exists. The overflow queue system prioritizes home server occupants over guests. If they’re already on the map, why should they be removed?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

The same thing is happening on Desolation (which was the first EU server to beat him).

It will probably die down in a day or so when they realise beating it once doesn’t guarantee that server will do it every time (Desolation just lost miserably on their last attempt).

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Tequatl Rising

Aorin.9168

Already exists. The overflow queue system prioritizes home server occupants over guests. If they’re already on the map, why should they be removed?

Because I am a Blackgate world player, have been since day 1, and wish to play on Blackgate’s Sparkfly Fen map, with other Blackgate players and I feel that my spot should not be occupied by a Crystal Desert guesting player simply leeching off the accomplishments of my fellow Beastgaters.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Because I am a Blackgate world player, have been since day 1, and wish to play on Blackgate’s Sparkfly Fen map, with other Blackgate players and I feel that my spot should not be occupied by a Crystal Desert guesting player simply leeching off the accomplishments of my fellow Beastgaters.

Too bad. Wait a week or two until the shiny wears off and everyone goes back to the easymode loot pinatas.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

I left Blackgate recently because of long queues and frequent overflows. It was the ultimate in waiting to have fun due to the population of the server. (And yes I was on Blackgate since launch).
I understand the frustration you are having but it’s no different than it’s ever been on Blackgate. Before the nerf to dragons only giving one chest per account, it was like that on almost all the meta bosses on Blackgate. Want to get into WvW, you’re going to wait.
I wish you luck.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

So are you seriously suggesting that someone who is guesting to a world and got onto it’s main map should be pulled out of it and dropped into the overflow every time a player who is based on that world tries to get in?

You already get priority in the queue for your home world, that’s the only way I could see them speeding it up more than they already have.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

Guesting has a minimal impact. It’s because the majority of your server has flocked there. They need to do away with the overflow and add districts.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

Accomplishments I’m willing to bet you had little to no hand in at all. So why should you receive any credit for them?

To answer your complaint: Tough kitten. Get on your server’s SF faster. If you’re too slow that’s your problem. “But I want…” But they don’t. Your “I want” is as valid as anyone else’s “I want”, and clearly a lot of other people “want” to be there.

That’s assuming that your “problem” is due to guesting anyways, which you have absolutely 0 credible or even plausible evidence to support. You’re guessing, wildly, with no evidence behind it. Plenty of servers are hitting overflow on TQ event that haven’t killed TQ yet. Are you suggesting this is also caused by guesting?

This thread reminds me of one of those backwater hillbillies that spout racist “THEY TAKIN’ OUR JOBS!” bullkitten as a way to justify their own failures. “I could get one o’them jobs but them immigrants comin’ here steals them all!”.

…Of all the stupid complaints…

(edited by ProxyDamage.9826)

in Tequatl Rising

Aorin.9168

Accomplishments I’m willing to bet you had little to not hand in at all. So why should you receive any credit for them?

To answer your complaint: Tough kitten. Get on your server’s SF faster. If you’re too slow that’s your problem. “But I want…” But they don’t. Your “I want” is as valid as anyone else’s “I want”, and clearly a lot of other people “want” to be there.

That’s assuming that your “problem” is due to guesting anyways, which you have absolutely 0 credible or even plausible evidence to support. You’re guessing, wildly, with no evidence behind it. Plenty of servers are hitting overflow on TQ event that haven’t killed TQ yet. Are you suggesting this is also caused by guesting?

This thread reminds me of one of those backwater hillbillies that spout racist “THEY TAKIN’ OUR JOBS!” bullkitten as a way to justify their own failures. “I could get one o’them jobs but them immigrants comin’ here steals them all!”.

If you get home and your lot/driveway is filled with “visitor”/guests cars, would you not be kitten ed off that you had no where to park?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

Yeah, but “your server” is not your private property.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

If you get home and your lot/driveway is filled with “visitor”/guests cars, would you not be kitten ed off that you had no where to park?

Your server is not your private driveway.

For a more realistic comparison I’d love to see you raise a civil complaint that people from other cities are going through your city and causing a bit of a traffic jam/filling up the store you wanna go to so you need to get there earlier!

Cry me a river and kill a Tequatl on it.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

People complain about guesting, the same people would complain if guesting wasn’t allowed. It is a no win situation for anet. Do love people that are 100% sure the problems exists only because of guesting.

@Aorin, if I can home and cars were in my drive I would have them towed. But of course they wouldnt be guest either. If I invited someone over, (and who is to say some are not invited) I would park a little farther away, and wished I had got there before they did.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Accomplishments I’m willing to bet you had little to not hand in at all. So why should you receive any credit for them?

Irrelevant. You own your property. You don’t own the Blackgate server.
And before you say “I bought the game and got on the server so it’s mine”; No it isn’t. You paid for an account that grants you the privilage to play Guild Wars 2 and chose to play on Black Gate. You don’t own Guild Wars 2, or any of its servers, and your don’t even legally own your account. (Which as bad as it sounds is standard practice among all online services)

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Tequatl Rising

danielrjones.8759

funny how some of these servers would beg for people to come there, now all they do is cry. careful what you beg for.

in Tequatl Rising

Aorin.9168

I live in a townhouse community, it is not my private property. I belong to that community therefore I have first right/reserved parking space. I belong to the Blackgate community and should not be forced onto overflow Tequatl failures because of a design flaw.

If people had their own sense of community and would pull together on their own servers or guest onto one to combine their talents instead of bandwagoning onto blackgate for a “guaranteed kill” this wouldnt be a problem.

It’s like suddenly becoming a Ravens fan after they won the Superbowl.

It IS a design flaw, whether you see it or not.
I’m forced out of my own home world by people guesting from other servers and that is a design flaw.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

Dey took or jobs!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Saelune.5316

Saelune.5316

Get there sooner. Otherwise you’re out of luck. Sucks that you cant get in…sucks more for people in low pop servers who cant beat Teq on them due to low pop.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

So now that Blackgate has been popularized with the world first Tequatl defeat, it has been impossible for myself and multiple friends/guild members to get in the Blackgate Sparkfly Fen map.

I’m willing to bet that more than half of the people occupying the Blackgate Sparkfly Fen player slots are guests from other servers.

I believe that players from the server the map belongs to should have priority over guests, how about you, Anet?

Yeah it must be all those kitten guesters, god knows its impossible for one of the highest population servers to fill a single map without guesting. Blackgate never has wait times for wvw right? (must be the guesters fault again right?)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Korsbaek.9803

Korsbaek.9803

I live in a townhouse community, it is not my private property. I belong to that community therefore I have first right/reserved parking space. I belong to the Blackgate community and should not be forced onto overflow Tequatl failures because of a design flaw.

If people had their own sense of community and would pull together on their own servers or guest onto one to combine their talents instead of bandwagoning onto blackgate for a “guaranteed kill” this wouldnt be a problem.

I’m forced out of my own home world by people guesting from other servers and that is a design flaw.

depening on the way the town house community is build aka you own/rent some part of it or your given a space there, if you own/rent some part of it then i would agree but then you also have a part of the property, but on the other hand if your given a space to live then you have that space and anything else you may use is not anything you have a priority to in any way.
yes you belong to blackgate community but i dare you to say to the person from out town in your community shop when its full that he needs to leave so you can go buy what you need instead, let me gess what happens if you do, you get told to wait in line and if you misbehave you are told to shop at a different store all together permenently

i cant see what a fan of anything have to do with it.
a fan dont help hes team with anything other then finanses when he buys stuff from them nothing else, and dont say that going to the stadion and cheer from them is helping the team in any way as thats just an illusion made up.

and the design is not flawed to put you on the overflow you could argue that its a space flaw on the servers nothing else.

Commander Korsbaek lvl 80 Guardian
Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

There is a flaw with this content/design, however its not that you deserve more than other players, the flaw is that the content massively favors stacked servers and is big slap in the face to small servers

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Funny, I’ve been on my server since Headstart. We’ve been considered the bottom of the barrel since shortly after launch. Guess what? I encounter overflow everytime Teq spawns and most of the time when Scarlet spawned. I guess an awful lot of people want to guest to the bottom-ranked servers. Who knew???

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

Well, maybe we should all expand our idea of “community”. I don’t see why you have to pigeonhole yourself. Why not think of us all together?

in Tequatl Rising

Aorin.9168

Yeah it must be all those kitten guesters, god knows its impossible for one of the highest population servers to fill a single map without guesting. Blackgate never has wait times for wvw right? (must be the guesters fault again right?)

at 7am? No. I have done many events, including Scarlet invasions and other holiday type things early in the morning and never had an issue with overflow until this debacle

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Talissa Chan.7208

Talissa Chan.7208

The thrill will wear off in a few days as player numbers dwindle due to the huge amount of effort required to drop him and the fact that once you have – there’s no real incentive to redo. Then sparkfly will become just a ghosttown again. So just wait a few days and the overflow problem will pretty much right itself.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

You’ve got three options to get to a “main” instance for Tequatl.

1. Be one of the first X people on the map. Once you get there, stay there. That’s probably what’s causing most if not all of the issues with people on overflow servers.

2. Be in a party with someone in the main instance, you get moved to the head of the queue and will bypass everyone else. Don’t have a friend in the main instance, you’re out of luck. How do you think some people, who posted that they had to change characters/builds, still got with the main instance when everyone else was stuck in overflow?

3. Guest to a low pop server. Even better, go to a low pop server during it’s off peak hours. Then when you get all your friends there you can all join in parties and keep all the locals out.

in Tequatl Rising

danielrjones.8759

I have friends from many different servers I hook up with from time to time. As much as I like guesting, either them to mine, or I to theirs. That being said, I wouldnt have a problem if they stopped guesting completely, Only reason I would want it, so all the people would stop freaking crying about it.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Don’t sweat it OP. In a couple days you’ll be able to get back in. What made Black Gate successful wasn’t the name of their server but the quality of the players that organized to beat Tequat’l. Tons of guested players from every other server just means more chaos and less organization. They’re hoping to slide into a successful event. Once the BG Sparkfly becomes too saturated with non-BG players and the event fails time & again, they’ll start to migrate back to their servers and organize there. Just my prediction.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)