Patch Notes...

Patch Notes...

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Just read the patch notes. No changes to Teq mechanics, just boosted the rewards so those that have hours of their RL to waste standing around and getting organised can get some better rewards, whilst the rest of the population can safely still ignore it.

Obviously the numbers told them participation was dropping fast and this is their great idea to fix it- increase the rewards.

The ‘kicking players AFK’ will be quite amusing, I can see that leading to players being kicked out the instance for grabbing a turret early so know what they are doing, sitting on it then poof they get kicked, and a griefer jumps on just before Teq spawns..

Personally standing around waiting on a random spawn window for one boss that I need to either change my main or completely change build, traits, foods etc isn’t worth my RL time.

If they had any sense at all, they would have at least made it a fixed spawn time so people could get organised knowing the ‘event’ starts at a certain time, and plan accordingly.

Maybe they think we are all unemployed kids (or students) that can spend all day every day waiting on some random spawn timer.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Patch Notes...

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

But that was pretty much what everybody has been asking for… Better rewards, kick players that are AFK.
I know, I know, people are never happy, but these changes are pretty good, come on.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Patch Notes...

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

“Idle players will now be ejected from the hylek turrets during the Tequatl the Sunless encounter.”

Sounds like they can be AFK before the thing starts, but while the event is going on they can’t be AFK.

Patch Notes...

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

I wouldn’t go quite as far as pretty good, many of us spent hours, days trying to get out of overflow on our home server just to get TEQ done, now they up the rewards, doesn’t sound pretty good to me.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Patch Notes...

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

You can always get someone to ferry you to the main server. I waited 20 minutes max on overflows during the whole event, and I was there since the start (I was there for my server’s first kill, too).

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Patch Notes...

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Downfall.2671

Downfall.2671

I’ve killed him about 10 times and tried it about 25 times and NOW the rewards are improved. Sorry anet, it’s too late now, you failed

Patch Notes...

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

“Idle players will now be ejected from the hylek turrets during the Tequatl the Sunless encounter.”

Sounds like they can be AFK before the thing starts, but while the event is going on they can’t be AFK.

Which is exactly what everyone asked for. I’m really hoping that works as listed.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Patch Notes...

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: NightmareFiction.5478

NightmareFiction.5478

But that was pretty much what everybody has been asking for… Better rewards, kick players that are AFK.
I know, I know, people are never happy, but these changes are pretty good, come on.

That’s not really fair, as they didn’t really fix the underlying issue with Tequatl: the event NEEDS a timer. There’s honestly no other way around it.

The root of almost all of Tequatl’s problems (player participation, AFKers, etc) are due to the fact that nobody really knows when it will spawn, and therefore cannot effectively plan around it.

Patch Notes...

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

You can always get someone to ferry you to the main server.

Why for? There were at bes only 10 people on it today. Most of them appear only after he shows up in timer (when the event is already running). The only people waiting are afk. The event is dead.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November