People need to realize that...

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Veltoss.9135

Veltoss.9135

1. Not every piece of content is for you.

I’m a bit worn out from seeing so many people complain that the content is not easy enough, not casual enough, not long enough, too frequent (wtf?), etc. The world does not revolve around you. There are other players who enjoy other types of content, such as content with a challenge, content that takes coordination and effort.

2. Contrary to popular belief, casual content does not cater to everyone.

As above, some people like a challenge. Some people like fights that require effort to complete and give a sense of achievement when completed. So far most GW2 content has been either casual or super casual and takes very little effort and teamwork to complete. Tequatl Rising has finally begun to fill in this gap of content for those who don’t like everything handed to them. Yes, it may not be for casual players on low population servers, but that doesn’t mean the event needs destroyed by being nerfed or drastically changed.

3. Challenging content that requires teamwork and effort from everyone involved can be fun.

If people would stop whining about challenging content and simply do their research, coordinate, and use teamwork, they would find that content like Tequatl can be a blast. I fought Tequatl for the first time the other day, three tries in a row over several hours, and it was by far the most enjoyment I’ve gotten from PvE in GW2 so far. Yes, we failed all three tries. We had 130~ people in teamspeak with some good commanders, and many people trying very hard to work together and defeat Tequatl together. We know why we failed each time, and we know what we need to improve on. We did not sit there and whine that it was too difficult, we looked forward to the next attempt where we could improve upon our failures. And it was the most fun I’ve had in GW2 PvE in a long time.

4. If you’re the type to say “this is a game, I shouldn’t have to do homework or try hard if I don’t want to”, then this content isn’t for you. Stop complaining and move on.

Again, not all content can cater to everyone. If it’s not for you, get over it and move on.

But for the love of god, don’t ruin it for the rest of us.

Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

People also need to realise that success or failure depends not only by how well the people who WANT to do the content play, but also the actions of those who DON’T want do the content either by greifing or AFK or even the whims of the game engine that splits the whole team up and ruins the carefully planned coordination

First time in a game for me, that the actions or otherwise of people who don’t want to do something can affect so dramatically the chances of those who do

;)

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: biofrog.1568

biofrog.1568

Shanaeri said it.. I’ve been in ~14 Teq fights so far, and not one has been successful (only two even got to phase 2). I was waiting for the weekend, but today seems to have been just as much shambles as the weekdays

Having said that, I really want to complete this. I’ve active and fully participate in every attempt. I’m an expert at jumping waves now, or often guard the west turrets.. but as per last attempt an hour ago, I find people mining ore.. and see people selling at the near-by karma guy.. or just waiting at the way point, or worse, dead on the floor.

What can I do to prevent them? They are ruining my enjoyment honestly. Failing would annoy me less if I at least saw everyone trying to win.

“There’s no lag but what we make.” – biofrog

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

OMG.

I…Love…This…Post.

My server haven’t yet beaten Teq (I think) and I still don’t want any changes. We need to L2P as a team.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Krugash.4920

Krugash.4920

/cut lot of trash.

Ironically, all the players who like to teach others about challenges and skills, come from Blackgate. Dude, just cause you leeched a kill on some high populated server after you’ve possibly camped the map for hours doesn’t imply you accomplished anything in particular.

It’s all about the perception of difficulty. How many of those who got a Tequatl kill so far also have completed “Light up the darkness” for example? Or the SAB tribulation mode, the Clocktower jumping puzzle or daily farm high level fractals?

If people want to get a Tequatl kill and complete some achievements they can just join one of the cross server guilds coordinated on some TS and do that. If you try to do it the legit way tho, on some mid to low populated server or on a real overflow, then it just won’t happen.

What about those who don’t play on primetime or can just log at night for w/e work/nationality reason? They’ll just never have a chance to enjoy this content period, even if they are the best players in the freaking game. We are all happy that we got a Tequila kill, but unless we all realize this event is pure bullkitten in its current state, then the quality of the game won’t improve.

That’s what people need to realize. Just put this kind of events on instanced maps and add a gambit system to increase the difficulty/reward. Also make it scalable so the challenge is the same for 30 or 150 persons.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

Excellent post. I enjoy the type of content Tequatl presents and hope they add more of it (preferably add, not replace, although the two other dragon bosses deserve the same upgrade).

This has nothing to do with Liadri or SAB which is entirely different content, neither of which I spent much time because it’s not to my liking. I just dont campaign for their removal either, which most of the people do in this case (and yea did for SAB and Liadri, people are entitled whiners too often).

in Tequatl Rising

Veltoss.9135

Dude, just cause you leeched a kill on some high populated server after you’ve possibly camped the map for hours doesn’t imply you accomplished anything in particular.

I’ve not killed Tequatl yet, I’ve spent my only fights against him with a mixture of Blackgate commanders/players and people who have joined our teamspeak from lower population servers. Last night we gathered at Anvil Rock, I’d say about half our group or more were not from Blackgate. I’ve not “leeched” a kill nor let a high population server carry me.

Putting it in an instance isn’t the fix. With the ability to guest to servers and join overflows, it’s not too difficult for a group to gather on an overflow or low population server before the battle begins. If you join a random one, sure, you’re probably not going to beat it. But if you plan ahead and your group gathers on one server that has plenty of room, it’s pretty much the same thing as an instance.

Your point on some people not being able to participate because they can only log in during a time when their server is not active brings us back to the point that not all content is for everyone, and no content can cater to everyone perfectly. However, I find it hard to believe that people active during their time of play are incapable of scheduling a fight on a set server in a set VOIP. There are tons of people with varying times of play, you just have to find them.

Scaling the battle destroys the challenge. If it scales and can be done with a small group, it is no longer an interesting large scale battle of trying to coordinate a large number of people, it just becomes another small battle.

This all brings me back to my point: Not all content is for everyone, no content can be perfect for everyone, but that is no reason to ruin it for the rest of us.

Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Krugash.4920

This has nothing to do with Liadri or SAB which is entirely different content, neither of which I spent much time because it’s not to my liking.

I see.

Excellent post. I enjoy the type of content Tequatl presents and hope they add more of it (preferably add, not replace, although the two other dragon bosses deserve the same upgrade).

This has nothing to do with Liadri or SAB which is entirely different content, neither of which I spent much time because it’s not to my liking. I just dont campaign for their removal either, which most of the people do in this case (and yea did for SAB and Liadri, people are entitled whiners too often).

Well the thing is that they actually did remove a content (which I won’t comment on its previus state cause… well), and made it undoable for a major part of servers/people in a legit way. I hope you won’t mind if I keep believing that a cross server TS coordinated guild which its only purpose is to kill a dragon is not the correct way to partecipate in an open world event.

And if they revamp the other dragons following the same logic without addressing the problems people reported in many threads (not the ones asking for a plain nerf, but those complaining about overflow/guesting/afkers etc), then you just contradicted yourself there.

in Tequatl Rising

Veltoss.9135

What’s the problem with guesting though? I understand wanting to do stuff with your server, but it’s not a huge loss to coordinate with a big group from your server along with groups from other servers. Guesting is a great way for low population servers to group together to take down content like Tequatl, and it’s not hard to do.

I agree with the AFKer problem though, that’s a huge problem my group had late last night. I think we had two turrets AFK -.-’

Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Krugash.4920

What’s the problem with guesting though? I understand wanting to do stuff with your server, but it’s not a huge loss to coordinate with a big group from your server along with groups from other servers. Guesting is a great way for low population servers to group together to take down content like Tequatl, and it’s not hard to do.

I agree with the AFKer problem though, that’s a huge problem my group had late last night. I think we had two turrets AFK -.-’

I don’t want to ruin anything to anyone, possibly the opposite. I would love to see this content enjoyed by the majority of players. It caused alot of frustration and it’s fracturing the community instead.

Having it in a guild mission instanced map (or w/e other instanced option) would make it possible for devs to give it better scaling and even a gambit system. Wanna keep doing a super hard version of Tequatl with 150 persons and gambits for better rewards? do it. You don’t have that kind of numbers but still want some harder contents to enjoy? do it. That’s what I’d like it to be.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

I don’t want to ruin anything to anyone, possibly the opposite. I would love to see this content enjoyed by the majority of players. It caused alot of frustration and it’s fracturing the community instead.

Having it in a guild mission instanced map (or w/e other instanced option) would make it possible for devs to give it better scaling and even a gambit system. Wanna keep doing a super hard version of Tequatl with 150 persons and gambits for better rewards? do it. You don’t have that kind of numbers but still want some harder contents to enjoy? do it. That’s what I’d like it to be.

It is doable, join a guild willing to kill it. You will be able to kill tequalt. Now, if you feel like it doesn’t suit your playstyle, and prefer to do it with your own server. Than it’s another story. It’s in fact your own problem.

It has been proven that it is more than doable. Everything is working as intended. ArenaNet wanted a world pve boss that needs coordination. And guess what, it worked. Now people absolutly have to have coordination to succed. There is enough strategy or help offer from other succesful server to succed. You absolutly have no excuse.

However, if you want to keep being so stuborn, go for it. But don’t start joining this dirty kitten vendetta of " I don’t like this content, remove it" trend. If most of the world boss were like 2.0 tequalt, then I’ll understand. But this is just not the case. In fact, it’s the complete opposite. You really need to get off your high horse. And once and for all, get rid of your “me me me me me me me me me”, it’s all about ME! mindset.

Oh, I never did tequalt. I don’t do living story anyway: I don’t like it. But guess what, I won’t ask guild wars 2 to remove it just because " I don’t like it". You guys are being so unbelievable nasty and selfish. It’s no longer funny.

Fun fact: Only the english vocal minority is making all those nerf thread. Visit the french and german thread. (I don’t know about spanish, I don’t speak it). You’ll see by yourself that most of their complain are almost non existant. What you will see instead is:

-Tequalt is fun, but arenaNet needs to do something with the afk.
-We need help, can someone tell us how to succed
-A server asking other server to join them so they could get a higher success rate.

(edited by Poplolita.2638)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

People need to realize that it’s not the fact the content is challenging, on a schedule, or requires large scale coordination. The problem is guesting.

The content is great! The execution was rushed, and not thought out with the best interest of the community. I have yet to even join a non overflow since release.

Content in a mmo shouldn’t require you to server hop to participate.

Guesting should be account bound once a month to check out a destination server is a correct match for the community you want to join with a paid transfer.

Overflows are not filling the requirements for the content, unless a top tier plans before hand to guest a low pop to avoid the mess on their home server due to guesting.

Guesting should not reward loot, or priority should go to players from that home server.

AFK’s in overflow/or main due to waiting hours to get into main server or for fight.

Lowering the afk time will not fix this problem, more inconvenient for the afk’r is all. No real fix around the afk problem that Anet could do.

Community building within a server is one of the most important aspects to a mmorpg. Not the current guest>loot>leave..

Welfare guesting should not use the poor excuse of a low pop server. Transfer feature is in the game you can use gold or real currency. Use it and quit being cheap, start helping build the community instead of using them. Trust me it’s worth every bit of coin.

Anet needs to consolidate or feature a transfer sale for a short time, free to some servers.

Servers that say they need to guest, or are asking for assistant on their server doesn’t make sense to me, so for this permanent content they just accept the fact that this content and future similar content will not be doable on their server? So they plan to guest as long as they play the game? This is no solution.

It’s not the fact all content should be for everyone, it’s the fact that guesting to loot is horrible for the community and game, and this content was not thought out or executed well. All this has made this fight harder then the actual mechanics of the fight.

But the concept/scale/fight I enjoy very much.

JQ Druid

(edited by Wetpaw.3487)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Talissa Chan.7208

Talissa Chan.7208

Sorry pop, all I got out of that was a pile of arrogant rage. If you have no interest in the content and haven’t done it then how do you know the frustrations of 3 days of failures? Also are you saying that theres not a SINGLE post on the non-english forums saying that it needs tweaking? I’m in 3 guilds – 1 for wvw, one for pve and one for dungeons. Do i now need a guild for each world boss as they get tweaked too? Quite the logistic problem there and your advice is a tad silly. Every teq success i’ve seen has been the result of 1 – 2 large organised guilds and a handful of server natives who were lucky enough to be there. That makes it guild content as far as i’m concerened.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Tykin.5498

Tykin.5498

The funny thing with this fight is I have alot of the same issues with this fight that I had with an MMO that is over 13 years old… Somehow Anet has managed to make a open world boss fight as bad if not worse than the Everquest Kunark Dragons.

in Tequatl Rising

Poplolita.2638

Sorry pop, all I got out of that was a pile of arrogant rage. If you have no interest in the content and haven’t done it then how do you know the frustrations of 3 days of failures? Also are you saying that theres not a SINGLE post on the non-english forums saying that it needs tweaking? I’m in 3 guilds – 1 for wvw, one for pve and one for dungeons. Do i now need a guild for each world boss as they get tweaked too? Quite the logistic problem there and your advice is a tad silly. Every teq success i’ve seen has been the result of 1 – 2 large organised guilds and a handful of server natives who were lucky enough to be there. That makes it guild content as far as i’m concerened.

I was a hardcore pve back then in wow, aion, and everquest 2 to name a few. Waiting during 3 days is absolutly nothing compared to what I faced back in everquest world pve boss.

The thing that really bothers me is that you think you deserve the kill just because you’ve waited during more than 72+… and you guys call yourself casual. Seriously.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Hello, here to disprove Talissa and Krugash. Killed twice Tequila with Seafarer’s Rest community simply by joining TS and coordinating. Yes there were some guild groups, but it’s perfectly doable without them. Think the fight is a blast, and failing is not frustrating to me.

Also did Liadri (light up the darkness), clocktower and currently finishing SAB trib mode w2z3, but don’t really understand why Krugash mentioned them. Those things test different skills, but he seems very upset for some reason, so maybe he didn’t think about this very well.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

(edited by Wolfheart.1938)

in Tequatl Rising

Krugash.4920

It is doable, join a guild willing to kill it. You will be able to kill tequalt. Now, if you feel like it doesn’t suit your playstyle, and prefer to do it with your own server. Than it’s another story. It’s in fact your own problem.

It has been proven that it is more than doable. Everything is working as intended. ArenaNet wanted a world pve boss that needs coordination. And guess what, it worked. Now people absolutly have to have coordination to succed. There is enough strategy or help offer from other succesful server to succed. You absolutly have no excuse.

However, if you want to keep being so stuborn, go for it. But don’t start joining this dirty kitten vendetta of " I don’t like this content, remove it" trend. If most of the world boss were like 2.0 tequalt, then I’ll understand. But this is just not the case. In fact, it’s the complete opposite. You really need to get off your high horse. And once and for all, get rid of your “me me me me me me me me me”, it’s all about ME! mindset.

Oh, I never did tequalt. I don’t do living story anyway: I don’t like it. But guess what, I won’t ask guild wars 2 to remove it just because " I don’t like it". You guys are being so unbelievable nasty and selfish. It’s no longer funny.

Fun fact: Only the english vocal minority is making all those nerf thread. Visit the french and german thread. (I don’t know about spanish, I don’t speak it). You’ll see by yourself that most of their complain are almost non existant. What you will see instead is:

-A server asking other server to join them so they could get a higher success rate.

Lol I admit my english isn’t the best but, you must have severe comprehension problems or you just wanted to say something and quoted me for the sake of doing so?

Did I say it’s impossible to kill the dragon? It’s been killed right away so it definitely is killable.

Did I say I killed it or not? Or that I have no idea how to get a kill and complete some achievement points? Or that I have no clue what to do during the fight? Nope.

Did I say to remove the content or to simplify the fight? Again nope.

Infact I said I would like them to fix the problems that are making this event not enjoyable for a major part of the community and possibly make it even harder.

On the vendetta part tho, it’s funny how it actually looks like the other way around.

in Tequatl Rising

Veltoss.9135

Community building is what I’ve seen a lot of Wetpaw. Just because you have to get into a different server or overflow doesn’t mean that you have to be a faceless player who just joins, silently participates, and leaves.

It is perfectly possible for people to group up in a VOIP channel, like Blackgate has been doing, and work together as one community or a group of several communities/servers. If there are five low population servers that can only get about 20 people online for Tequatl at a time, they can make a thread and start organizing a gathering of active players from all of those servers and choose a VOIP to coordinate in. They choose a low population server to gather on so that everyone can get in, and work together through voip as several communities working together as one large group to defeat Tequatl.

Blackgate has been running at least two groups at a time, and it’s not just Blackgate that’s here. People from many low population servers have brought their guilds, alliances, and servers together to take down Tequatl. The only people participating in a crappy pug of faceless, uncoordinated players are those who don’t look at the alternatives.

Without guesting, content such as this that requires communities to work together and commanders to lead a large group of people would not be possible for most servers. That’s no reason that it should be stuck into an instance or any of the other alternatives people think will fix everything.

What I’m trying to say is this: Just because you disagree with how the content was implemented does not mean that it requires changing. It can work like this and there are many who enjoy this type of content, exactly as it’s implemented. There can be other challenging content implemented like suggested, but it is possible to do the content like it is, as Blackgate and a few other servers have continued to prove.

Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

What if:

1. This type of content is for me.

2. There are a bunch of people that it isn’t for hanging around.

3. There are a bunch of people understandably AFK hanging around.

4. There are no systems built to compensate for all of the above.

5. I fail because all of the above.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

in Tequatl Rising

Poplolita.2638

Lol I admit my english isn’t the best but, you must have severe comprehension problems or you just wanted to say something and quoted me for the sake of doing so?

Did I say it’s impossible to kill the dragon? It’s been killed right away so it definitely is killable.

Did I say I killed it or not? Or that I have no idea how to get a kill and complete some achievement points? Or that I have no clue what to do during the fight? Nope.

Infact I said I would like them to fix the problems that are making this event not enjoyable for a major part of the community and possibly make it even harder.

On the vendetta part tho, it’s funny how it actually looks like the other way around.

Not to sure why I quoted you to be honest :/ Must been an accident

in Tequatl Rising

Krugash.4920

Not to sure why I quoted you to be honest :/ Must been an accident

lol ok XD

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

ummm… I love hard content. I’ve always been in hardcore raiding groups in other games. I’d say this content is definitely for me.. but how am I to control who goes afk/trolls/doesn’t know how to play/etc, etc, etc in my overflow or whatever?

I’ve seen Tequatl downed and it was through joining an EU guild created with the focus of killing Taco, was on TS with all them and a few commanders shouting on it. It went really well and I did have loads of fun. It was great to work hard and in a coordinated effort with others (though too bad I didn’t know a single one of them )

BUT!

I still think this is waaaaaay too much required for open world content. The scrambling to find an overflow, taxi everyone in, trying to herd the cats to the proper spots in distribute population evenly, waiting around for a spawn, hoping that people won’t be afk when he does spawn… it just screams the need to be instanced, large-raid content imo.

I really have to wonder how long this enthusiasm for organising these herculean efforts is going to be sustainable.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

I’m a bit worn out from seeing so many people complain that the content is not easy enough, not casual enough, not long enough, too frequent (wtf?), etc. The world does not revolve around you. There are other players who enjoy other types of content, such as content with a challenge, content that takes coordination and effort.

As above, some people like a challenge. Some people like fights that require effort to complete and give a sense of achievement when completed. So far most GW2 content has been either casual or super casual and takes very little effort and teamwork to complete. Tequatl Rising has finally begun to fill in this gap of content for those who don’t like everything handed to them. Yes, it may not be for casual players on low population servers, but that doesn’t mean the event needs destroyed by being nerfed or drastically changed.

3. Challenging content that requires teamwork and effort from everyone involved can be fun.

If people would stop whining about challenging content and simply do their research, coordinate, and use teamwork, they would find that content like Tequatl can be a blast. I fought Tequatl for the first time the other day, three tries in a row over several hours, and it was by far the most enjoyment I’ve gotten from PvE in GW2 so far. Yes, we failed all three tries. We had 130~ people in teamspeak with some good commanders, and many people trying very hard to work together and defeat Tequatl together. We know why we failed each time, and we know what we need to improve on. We did not sit there and whine that it was too difficult, we looked forward to the next attempt where we could improve upon our failures. And it was the most fun I’ve had in GW2 PvE in a long time.

4. If you’re the type to say “this is a game, I shouldn’t have to do homework or try hard if I don’t want to”, then this content isn’t for you. Stop complaining and move on.

Again, not all content can cater to everyone. If it’s not for you, get over it and move on.

As someone from a low/medium pop server, I agree with you. I know the content is not for me, and it honestly doesn’t bother me. I’m glad that Anet put in some content for the hardcore crowd. I wish that every group of players could feel the same. If you see something added for one group, don’t sit there and complain. Accept it, and just think “awesome, those guys got something”.

I’m only worried that Anet is going to see participation drop and in return force players into these events. I’ve never attempted teq, and I have no intention of doing so. Instead of doing stuff like that I farm champions. During the 15 minutes of teq I can get a good amount of champ boxes, and rares, by running a circuit in frost gorge. I’m worried they will try to nerf champion farming in order to force people to do teq. I hope that players can simply accept that the content is for different groups. Teq is for groups that are wanting a huge group challenge, not players that are worried about maximizing their gold per hour. While the same is true of champion farming, we don’t care about titles/miniature drops etc. Different groups should be happy that the others get something.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

Well, if this content isn’t for everyone… I guess this caters to people to that can wait all afternoon/day to get out of overflow just to get a chance to kill Tequatl which only has a small chance of dropping anything useful.

I’ve probably waited at least 20+ hours since launch in overflows just to get into my main realm. Most times I’ve gotten in during off-peak hours where we don’t have the competent crowd around anymore (IE the realm killed a few times and everyone logged off)

It’s one thing to have challenging content that brings a realm together. It’s another to implement it kitten poorly that angers a good chunk of the playerbase.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

in Tequatl Rising

Veltoss.9135

What if:

1. This type of content is for me.

2. There are a bunch of people that it isn’t for hanging around.

3. There are a bunch of people understandably AFK hanging around.

4. There are no systems built to compensate for all of the above.

5. I fail because all of the above.

Join a coordinated group (several guilds and servers are “hosting” groups in their VOIPs). Usually these groups get into one low pop server or overflow together and will join groups to help get people in. That doesn’t remove bad players or guarantee that there are no AFKs but it helps, the ratio of useless players to players participating is much better that way.

Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Like it has been said, I love hard challenging content but Teq is flawed for the fact that you can’t control who is doing the events with you and the only way to win is to join a huge super welll organized guild and finding an empty server to gather everyone on. It’s a total logistics fail!

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

Snip

But this what the “I want more difficult content” has done from the start. This game is easymode GIEF MOAR CHALLANGE. The game wasn’t for them and yet the whining and ranting kept going. Yet the people who were fine with it should now stop? There is a word for that and that is hypocrite.

in Tequatl Rising

Veltoss.9135

Snip

But this what the “I want more difficult content” has done from the start. This game is easymode GIEF MOAR CHALLANGE. The game wasn’t for them and yet the whining and ranting kept going. Yet the people who were fine with it should now stop? There is a word for that and that is hypocrite.

There are several differences here. The main one being that people who want more challenge don’t flood the forums with threads demanding that the current easier content should be drastically changed so that casual players can’t enjoy it.

Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

This is false.

I paid for the game like everyone else. I didn’t pay to heard others about how they play. I paid to play myself.

Content can be designed with variable levels of difficulty. “Do or die” is not desirable compared to “choose your challenge”. Not everyone can do level 60 fractals. But there’s nothing in those levels that players on levels 20-40 can’t get. People can go at their own pace.
There’s no achievements for doing higher level fractals either.

It’s much like Diablo III’s Monster Power. You choose the MP you want to face, and increase it as you get better, at your own pace. Higher MP may have a higher chance for better drops and more gold and experience, but there’s nothing that drops at the highers MP that would never drop at the lowest.

This is proof that content can be made to cater to everyone without leaving anyone out.

In this case, there’s no leeway for factors like players not cooperating or griefers, and there’s no way to control the level of the challenge.

That doesn’t make the content difficult. It makes it taxing or frustrating, as the outcome depends more on luck with the players you get than in your own skill.

You may just idle and hit a couple of risen in a map that got a lot of focused players, or you can be the best freaking Guild Wars 2 player in the world and get a bunch of lazy coasters.

Luck may be part of the game, but it does not determine skill or difficulty.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

in Tequatl Rising

Poplolita.2638

Snip

There are several differences here. The main one being that people who want more challenge don’t flood the forums with threads demanding that the current easier content should be drastically changed so that casual players can’t enjoy it.

Ouch touche. I have yet to see a thread about uping jormag and dest to the same lvl as tequalt.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

I would like to add that im not sure if afk-ers actually scale up event, since i beleve i saw a dev post way back saying that in order for you to be included into scaling you need to participate, like doing dmg to mob or something. So people that just stood there before, durring and after event are not problem. On other hand, those that went afk durring event will scale it up.
I repeat, i think its like that, it would be good if we could get a word from devs on afk matter.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Flameseeker.1563

Flameseeker.1563

No open world event should require a full map nor the level of coordination of guild events.

The smaller servers have no way to beat teq no matter how coordinated they are so they have to guest on other servers. In the meantime people from populated servers are constantly kicked to overflow which mostly lowers the chance of success by almost 100%.

I’m from deso and the only time i made to my server was at 5am and even without a full map we made it to almost 35% or so, but for that to happen we had 3 commanders and almost the whole map on TS. We just didn’t make the kill for lack of manpower, had the map been full or the bloody condition damage been revamped (we need a dam update since day 1) teq would have been slayed.

I don’t mean that the previous teq was better, it was a tedious fight to stand there and spam AA, but this could have been made harder without being so punishing.

Edit:
About afkers, some just tag the dragon for the event and don’t do a thing afterwards which would make them count for upscale.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

This is false.

I paid for the game like everyone else. I didn’t pay to heard others about how they play. I paid to play myself.

Well the day you pay for the entire game yourself you can have it exactly as you wish. I wonder how does a game play like when its entire development costed 60 bucks.

Untill that time though understand that you have to cater to different kinds of players and multiple difficulties is not always an option, especially when it comes to open world content.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

(edited by Wolfheart.1938)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Community building is what I’ve seen a lot of Wetpaw. Just because you have to get into a different server or overflow doesn’t mean that you have to be a faceless player who just joins, silently participates, and leaves.

It is perfectly possible for people to group up in a VOIP channel, like Blackgate has been doing, and work together as one community or a group of several communities/servers. If there are five low population servers that can only get about 20 people online for Tequatl at a time, they can make a thread and start organizing a gathering of active players from all of those servers and choose a VOIP to coordinate in. They choose a low population server to gather on so that everyone can get in, and work together through voip as several communities working together as one large group to defeat Tequatl.

Blackgate has been running at least two groups at a time, and it’s not just Blackgate that’s here. People from many low population servers have brought their guilds, alliances, and servers together to take down Tequatl. The only people participating in a crappy pug of faceless, uncoordinated players are those who don’t look at the alternatives.

Without guesting, content such as this that requires communities to work together and commanders to lead a large group of people would not be possible for most servers. That’s no reason that it should be stuck into an instance or any of the other alternatives people think will fix everything.

What I’m trying to say is this: Just because you disagree with how the content was implemented does not mean that it requires changing. It can work like this and there are many who enjoy this type of content, exactly as it’s implemented. There can be other challenging content implemented like suggested, but it is possible to do the content like it is, as Blackgate and a few other servers have continued to prove.

Differences in opinion, but I believe you’re in the minority about this one, only time will tell.

I expect one of these will happen sometime in the near future.

1. Tequatl will be scaled down, nerfed.
2. Changes to guesting or guest loot.
3. Overflow priority

I will be back to collect my cookies

JQ Druid

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

/cut lot of trash.

It’s all about the perception of difficulty. How many of those who got a Tequatl kill so far also have completed “Light up the darkness” for example? Or the SAB tribulation mode, the Clocktower jumping puzzle or daily farm high level fractals?

If people want to get a Tequatl kill and complete some achievements they can just join one of the cross server guilds coordinated on some TS and do that. If you try to do it the legit way tho, on some mid to low populated server or on a real overflow, then it just won’t happen.

There are different types of skills. People who have organization/commanding/leading/following directions/multitasking/strategic/team work etc etc intelligence based type skills might not have I Want To Be The Guy pinpoint jumping/fast reflexes physical based type skills and I’m insulted that those are the only “real” skills that many players seem to feel deserve any respect. Both are very valid skill sets and it’s nice to finally have content that actually requires more on the intelligence side.

Couldn’t beat Liadri because that is beyond my skill set. I have issues jumping so TM and Clocktower are beyond my abilities. I have yet to learn Fractuals so I can’t comment on that. If it involves pinpoint jumping, then no. Anything that involves pinpoint jumping and dodging is a no for me because of disabilities but I can run tactics, I can watch something and figure out patterns, and I personally like working together with others.

And the TC kills are very legit despite being a high server. Unless you Akitten in the back, joined in at the last second and refused to follow orders or trolled – you got a Teq kill by helping.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

in Tequatl Rising

Krugash.4920

There are different types of skills. People who have organization/commanding/leading/following directions/multitasking/strategic/team work etc etc intelligence based type skills might not have I Want To Be The Guy pinpoint jumping/fast reflexes physical based type skills and I’m insulted that those are the only “real” skills that many players seem to feel deserve any respect. Both are very valid skill sets and it’s nice to finally have content that actually requires more on the intelligence side.

Couldn’t beat Liadri because that is beyond my skill set. I have issues jumping so TM and Clocktower are beyond my abilities. I have yet to learn Fractuals so I can’t comment on that. If it involves pinpoint jumping, then no. Anything that involves pinpoint jumping and dodging is a no for me because of disabilities but I can run tactics, I can watch something and figure out patterns, and I personally like working together with others.

And the TC kills are very legit despite being a high server. Unless you Akitten in the back, joined in at the last second and refused to follow orders or trolled – you got a Teq kill by helping.

I brought up the “perception of difficulty” because on this board there’s this whole chunk of persons using the “hard content” argument to justify a not well developed/polished content.

Do we have people on this board that just cry about everything and would demand for brainless contents all the time? Yes we do.

Do we have a bunch of hypocritical and selfish people who happened to kill Tequatl even if they don’t have any particular skill, and just enjoy the fact they can feel special cause there’s someone else who can’t kill the dragon? Yes we do.

Then there’s all the people in the middle, with half a brain, who killed Tequatl already or still have to kill it, enjoy the fight, but also enjoy events and hard stuff in general and actually agree this event is good, but still lack some polish and still has issue to be addressed.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

1) Terrible argument. Open world content is and should be for everyone.

2) You equate challenge with relying on large groups of players. Personally I don’t find Teq challenging in the slightest, finding a competent group of players however, is. If you want a challenge for a large group of players, it should be in the format of a raid type dungeon.

3) Yes, challenging content is fun. But not as an open world boss. Again, it should have been a raid.

4) I have done my homework, finished the essay, studied for the test, got to class 30 minutes early, but guess what? I failed the test because in order to pass, the entire class has to. And since it is an open classroom for any random passerby to sit down and take, many failed. Even though it was a simple addition test.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

This also applies to you. Tequatl was not changed to fit just your needs or any guilds. It’s a attempt to fix a broken dragon fight. Not to add new elite raid for guilds to the game.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mor The Thief.9135

Mor The Thief.9135

Considering what was posted here by all of you please visit this thread I made on the suggestions forum:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/An-addition-to-taco-s-rewards/

Read the entire first post(and 3rd) and give any idea or suggestion you have there.

Because really the game should be available to all players(even more to casuals) but in order to keep this event challenging let us all throw ideas on how to make it more available while keeping the difficulty

in Tequatl Rising

Veltoss.9135

Considering what was posted here by all of you please visit this thread I made on the suggestions forum:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/An-addition-to-taco-s-rewards/

Read the entire first post(and 3rd) and give any idea or suggestion you have there.

Because really the game should be available to all players(even more to casuals) but in order to keep this event challenging let us all throw ideas on how to make it more available while keeping the difficulty

I’m all for this. As long as increasing availability doesn’t involve ruining the fight, there’s nothing wrong with improvements. There’s no way everyone can be happy how it is now, considering how the majority of GW2 players play the game. I just wish people would realize that making it more available does not have to involve nerfing it or ruining it for those who enjoy it’s current form.

Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mor The Thief.9135

Mor The Thief.9135

in that case please enter that thread read it and post any idea, suggestion or opinion that you have.

Let’s all make this event the best as it can be!!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Snip

Actually, this has happened on more than one occasion. The result of one such wave of posts is the ascended gear. Current teq (and hints that Claw and Shatterer will get their own revamps) is the result of another such case.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: magic fly.2041

magic fly.2041

The world does not revolve around your server.

There is nothing difficult about this fight. Its all about the number of people you have.
After a couple tries to learn the ropes, you win if you have a populated server, or disband and never try again if you have a low population server.
Don’t pretend that this requires some large amount of skill.

Requiring either a populated server, or having no chance at all, is what I would consider fake difficulty.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

The fight just needs some dedication, take the time to explain and talk about the fight. Do some research, before you complain about taking time to read you have just taken time to muck about on forums. If your server be it home or overflow doesnt seem organised either leave or start sorting ppl out, you dont need a commander tag to tell ppl what to do. If your server is low population put up a notice on a forum or advertise in LA or make a guild specificly for downing Teq and gain signups or set a date for a big push – no server is small enough that they cant max out 200 ppl.

Maybe you look at this and think “that sounds like too much effort for me” then do something else, you’ll probably have more fun.

in Tequatl Rising

Poplolita.2638

The fight just needs some dedication, take the time to explain and talk about the fight. Do some research, before you complain about taking time to read you have just taken time to muck about on forums. If your server be it home or overflow doesnt seem organised either leave or start sorting ppl out, you dont need a commander tag to tell ppl what to do. If your server is low population put up a notice on a forum or advertise in LA or make a guild specificly for downing Teq and gain signups or set a date for a big push – no server is small enough that they cant max out 200 ppl.

Maybe you look at this and think “that sounds like too much effort for me” then do something else, you’ll probably have more fun.

“low population put up a notice on a forum”

https://forum-fr.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/tequatl/Tequatl-sur-Pierre-Arborea

Pierre Arborea, the lowest populated french server, is doing it. Not sure why the english community refuse to do it.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Yeah, try doing that in a real overflow, with people that don’t even want to talk the same language, other people that are just afk, and maybe some of those even on turrets. People that don’t even want to follow some strategy, use a proper equipment and ress themselves when dead.
People that take for granted that it will fail, and don’t even try to make it succeed. Waiting there just so that they may have a chance to go in their home server.
And being open world, you haven’t even got the means to remove those people from the fight.

Every single time i ended in an overflow – that is, almost all the times – it ended in an annoying failure.
You can’t organize with people who aren’t willing to be organized.
You can’t win with people that aren’t even willing to win.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I smile when I see the people posting in this forum talking like they are this elite player because they happened to be on a good server, with the right group at the right time. In reality that person could have been replaced with a practice dummy and as long as the rest of the variables were the same the result would have been the same as well.

Challenging content is great. When the challenge involves massive amounts of time waiting and trying to get with a group that is actually trying, it isn’t the right kind of challenge. I’ve been in several fights after many hours of waiting and they were all overflow with loads of AFK. I did the best as I could anyway and I didn’t see anything mind blowing aside from needing greater numbers of people trying and some semblance of organization.

The Burninator

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Brow.9425

Brow.9425

Revamping Tequatl to be impossible is fine, but don’t we need something from the Jormag vendor for our legendaries? What if your server never downs Tequatl? What if your server never downs Jormag 2.0? No more legendaries on the entire server, EVER? This is a real problem. I’ve seen it a lot in WvW, and the effect of morale in GW2. People in T8 servers never got their world completion because the three servers with the lowest WvW participation were the same colors, every week, for 12+ weeks straight. I don’t like my progress to depend on 99 other people, from a demoralized server (I give prime-time Teq another week, the last Teq fight I was at had like 10 people), where only griefers show up.

Rathan Kelet — Maguuma

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

Sadly, what the OP states is indeed true. However, when open world content is, as Teq has been, reworked for more hardcore players, others miss out on opportunities to enjoy the same content. But such is the way of things. The only way around this would be to instance every meta event with a Hard and Normal mode, with rewards based on such. Not going to happen though.

I really like the new mechanics for Tequatl, however my only grip is that each time I’ve tried to go I end up in an overflow that is lucky to do 2% dmg to him. In his current state I would say, mechanic wise he is set. HP wise, too much. Such huge servers with huge guilds have taken him down. These players get the rewards. How about the rest of us? We would like to be able to down this boss but Overflows do not get as many players as the standard servers do. I myself would love to get the title that goes with this event, however, I seriously doubt such will occur in a 2 week time frame. I’d honestly like to see it left open so that over time we can earn these rewards with multiple encounters if need be. Personally knocking his health down a little wouldn’t hurt, but other than that its great stuff.

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I like how if we don’t like something we’re told it wasn’t designed for us. Guess what happens if that keeps happening?

People stop playing altogether. Yeah. Think about that.

Stop telling people to l2p or just deal with it “cuz it’s not for you”. Stop seeing constructive feedback as whining. And stop thinking you speak for everyone and Anet at the same time.

Thanks.