Tequatl Now Kills With Lag

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

I miss the days when I used to get killed by a simple swipe from Teq, but now, I get mega-killed by lag. You may be asking yourself, what is mega-killed? Well, mega-killed by lag means that I lag, then die, then proceed to disconnect!

There are simply way too many people and flashy effects for my computer to handle even stepping inside that Teq map for 2 seconds. I literally prepared about 200 people by sending certain people to each turret, sending a specific amount of people to the mega-laser, and sending the rest to fight Teq head-on. I was prepared. We got him down to about 80% health and I was feeling amazing, and then I disconnect. My settings are lowered to crap, and my computer is only a few years old, yet I still can’t fight Teq with this lag. For all I know, the people of my server could’ve killed him, and I’ve got nothing to show for it. Heck, they probably won’t even remember the person that organized them into groups and planned the strategy that led them to victory.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Fancia.3746

Fancia.3746

Sadly, it doesnt matter if your comp can handle it or not… Because Anet servers cant. There’s still a 2-3 second delay on everything you do, including any evasion and stuff… Up until half the raid realize they’re not gonna make it and just zone out, but then you’re too few players and 75% of them are just waiting dead on the ground anyway… So you cant complete it anyway… Sad to be defeated by server capacity, rather than game/fight mechanics…

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

IMHO, a large part of the problem is lack of a particle effects adjuster. Those do wonders for reducing lag.

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I don’t get it, am I the only one here who has no lag whatsoever? (And yes, there are a ton of people around me, still no lag). I use medium settings btw.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: MossyStump.9461

MossyStump.9461

You may be Windu. It’s still a problem though. One of my favorite things so far, was not being able to see the wave coming at me. I run the game just fine on my current settings, but if I want to go do Tequatl, I’ll have to lower them.
That wave… Thaaaat wave. There’s three ways it could happen for me:
1. I see the wave coming, I dodge it ezpz
2. I see the wave coming, I get slammed when it’s still a few feet in front of me on my screen
3. I see absolutely nothing, and I get slammed

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Andross.5183

Andross.5183

The most common lag at these large scale battles is server-client communication lag, not hardware lag on the player’s side. You notice it when skill execution has delays of several seconds or when you still get damaged from mobs, although you already ran out of their range. I guess this happens because of main servers and overflows sharing hardware or data connections, which are overloaded when too many players are in one zone. Another possible reason is client engine lag due to too much incoming information, which may not be hardware related but a limitation of GW2’s engine, which does not seem to be built for huge scale fights.

in Tequatl Rising

Fancia.3746

Actually, a quick check when it lags like that, for tequatl, shows that it’s either your second option, that the engine simply cannot handle the amount of data, or, it’s between the server, and a backend at that server and not between client and server, because that part, is just fine even when lagging extremely…

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: vladracul.6798

vladracul.6798

I am giving up for now, they released a new build that solved the dsct, but it still lags a lot, and not for everyone. Does it have to do maybe with our internet connections?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Andross.5183

Andross.5183

because that part, is just fine even when lagging extremely…

I think GW2’s engine has some built in tolerance for lag and the client-server communication does not constantly update position data, but rather leaves some of it up to the client to some degree, which is why you can still move fairly uninterrupted without so called “rubberbanding”, even while experiencing skill lag, because this client interaction requires confirmation from the server.

in Tequatl Rising

Fancia.3746

because that part, is just fine even when lagging extremely…

I think GW2’s engine has some built in tolerance for lag and the client-server communication does not constantly update position data, but rather leaves some of it up to the client to some degree, which is why you can still move fairly uninterrupted without so called “rubberbanding”, even while experiencing skill lag, because this client interaction requires confirmation from the server.

Im quite aware yes. But if the data latency of the communication client<→server, is less than 70ms (which we can see due to TCP being used for the data), then it’s not a client-server lag, but rather entirely on clientside, such as in the engine itself, or on the server, or between the server you are connected to, and a backend server.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Sadly, it doesnt matter if your comp can handle it or not… Because Anet servers cant. There’s still a 2-3 second delay on everything you do, including any evasion and stuff… Up until half the raid realize they’re not gonna make it and just zone out, but then you’re too few players and 75% of them are just waiting dead on the ground anyway… So you cant complete it anyway… Sad to be defeated by server capacity, rather than game/fight mechanics…

A very important thing, often the “lag” is just kittenty hit detection and like 6~8 year old engine GW2 is running on… Like the jump pads overshooting, the Waterfalls in Sab, the Shadowfall of Liadri the waterwaves and earthquakes you can avoid “by jumping over them” (and with that i mean a second after or before ignoring the animation since its rarely correct with the actual wave that can also multi-hit you if you move).

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I don’t get it, am I the only one here who has no lag whatsoever? (And yes, there are a ton of people around me, still no lag). I use medium settings btw.

Or you are on a lower population server?

I am on Fort Aspenwood and the lag on ANY world event is horrible and my computer is not that old, has a good video card and my net connection is 35+mbps.

It’s Anet’s server’s that have the bandwidth problem.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Tequatl Rising

Fancia.3746

A very important thing, often the “lag” is just kittenty hit detection and like 6~8 year old engine GW2 is running on… Like the jump pads overshooting, the Waterfalls in Sab, the Shadowfall of Liadri the waterwaves and earthquakes you can avoid “by jumping over them” (and with that i mean a second after or before ignoring the animation since its rarely correct with the actual wave that can also multi-hit you if you move).

Naa… It’s a sideeffect of exactly how the movement is coded… Basicly it’s like this… Whenever you move, your client sends relative movement data, such as “Im moving in direction X, at speed Y” And then when you stop moving your client sends “Ok I stopped moving now”. In between there, it also sends absolute coords to update position to make sure the data will be the same on server and client in the end. Otherwise you would get a drift of your position… Now, here’s the kicker… If the position you send the server, is close enough to the position the server has calculated you to be at, then the server accepts your position, and starts calculations anew using that position instead… If you are too far away, it instead responds to the server with where you should be, and your client will instead update accordingly… This caused major problems with stuff like sanctum sprint, because your position when you activate a jump skill, could cause you to jump outside the range, resulting in a bungee effect, MID JUMP… To resolve that, they now always send your absolute coordinates whenever you activate any skill, which means the server will always have the correct position to calculate a move from. This solves midjump bungee effects when using skills, but it can still happen for normal movement, if its lagging… That’s why you can still get such effects in SAB and arena, where you dont rely on any actual skill to move you…

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

Tarnished Coast – Same problem here. Intense lag followed by disconnect. Went back in and happened again. Then a third time, same thing. By then the event had ended in failure. Numerous people in map chat had the same kind of experience.

Edit: this was in an overflow, in case that makes any difference.

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Skill lag is Anet’s servers. You can’t do anything about it.

Low FPS is your computer. Lowering your settings will help.