Tequatl can be defeated...

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Aeros.2046

Aeros.2046

You just gotta change the mentality. This is what we asked for. A World boss you can’t just “Zerg”. Rather, he’s a boss that requires thinking. Every person fighting him needs a role. Using the cannon. Guarding a cannon. Clearing adds and tendrels, and fighting the dragon itself. Also, you can’t just sit in place and fight. The fight actually utilizes GW2 combat mechanics. You have to jump, dodge, and use blast finishers to stay alive. Teamspeak is probably also a must.

While my own attempts failed, it was painfully obvious why the attempt failed. People were trying to zerg it, and 40 dead bodies piled up around the dragon and just sat their being useless rather then paying the 1 silver to Waypoint back to the fight. The cannon gunners were kitten too and were not stipping the boon. In essence, in these fights people are doing everything wrong and not approaching it as it is intended. Treat the boss as a BOSS and then maybe you can kill it.

[KRTA]
Maguuma

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Here’s the thing… only 5-10% of MMO players are capable of beating raid style bosses. That is why they are instanced and require large coordinated groups in other MMO’s. The open world is not coordinated. The typical people that show up are simply not capable of following directions and staying alive in this fight. I’d say only half of them even speak english.

People don’t WP because they are used to just waiting for a rez like they have done in every event since launch. People don’t dodge because it hasn’t been required for the last 12 months. You have this pathetically easy open world now with a raid boss in it. I don’t really know what Anet expected.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

This is what we asked for.

I never asked for this.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: qualm like a bomb.6512

qualm like a bomb.6512

This is kitten. I dodge I stack, I even release and go to a WP when I am killed, but to rely on the majority of the tards in my same instance to do so too?….. it will never happen.

Qualm – Commander
Grievance [GVNC] – Our drunken WvW is the kitten
Devona’s Rest – Forever Outnumbered & Kittened upon by Anet

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

I never asked for this.

I would like to second this sentiment.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

Here’s the thing… only 5-10% of MMO players are capable of beating raid style bosses. That is why they are instanced and require large coordinated groups in other MMO’s. The open world is not coordinated. The typical people that show up are simply not capable of following directions and staying alive in this fight. I’d say only half of them even speak english.

People don’t WP because they are used to just waiting for a rez like they have done in every event since launch. People don’t dodge because it hasn’t been required for the last 12 months. You have this pathetically easy open world now with a raid boss in it. I don’t really know what Anet expected.

Add to that the ppl aren’t wanting to pay 1s49c per each death to wp back so will lay there in hopes of a rez.

in Tequatl Rising

Lisa.6102

I never asked for this.

1 +5’d it

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: hobbes.6178

hobbes.6178

It’s hard for a lot of people to change their mentality when they have been zerging down “bosses” for just over a year already.

Even if people start trying to play better…if you have 100 people at Tequatl only 60 at most will actually be trying. The rest will either be A: Dumb/new to the encounter and do not know what to do or B: know exactly what to do but don’t feel like trying and hope that other’s pick up their slack so they can pick up their loot and leave.

Extremely hard world bosses will most likely never work. Hate to say it ArenaNet but if you want to make very hard content you are going to have to make raid dungeons. Trying to rely on others to learn a fight is about as fun as abortion. I hated how easy Tequatl was before, and I THOUGHT I wanted a much more difficult fight…but I regret ever thinking that now.

Make raids. I know the Manifesto video said no but get with the times. Raids are what players are going to start wanting. Mark my words.

EDIT: I do not mean WoW style raids…surely there can be a much better way to implement hard PvE encounters for friends/guildmates to tackle and try to overcome. Tone Tequatl down for the general public, but maybe make an insanely hard version of him for say….20-25 players to try to defeat. Raids is probably not the best word I could of used to describe…but I know its a word you can all relate to.

(edited by hobbes.6178)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

I don’t know anyone who asked for a world boss you can’t zerg. Most people who want a challenge understand that open-world content is terrible for a challenge.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

I believe it can be done. The amount of wailing in the forums really needs to stop and be quiet for a second so we reflect on the knowledge gained thus far;

1. Cannons are incredibly important, and have the highest chance to be trolled, so to the serious player, guard them with your life.
2. Your gear. Bring something durable to the field rather than your ‘zerker set because, well, you’ll be getting hit really hard.
3. Get rid of the poison fields with the cannons and keep the zerg alive.
4. Don’t neglect boons like might and quickness(Time Warp, Tome of Wrath are the big ones). Dealing more damage while actions are 50% faster? Yes please. Also, stability.
5. Don’t forget your potions of undead and possibly undead sigils. Seems like they would be really handy with killing zombies and the like.
6. Keep Teq from gathering the toughening buffs with the turret’s 2. It’s a must.

I haven’t played the event yet thanks to homework, but I’m sure that the brief synopsis I gave will make the biggest difference in the long term.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

I never asked for this.

ANet was kind enough to make it optional.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

I never asked for this.

Optional? Than wheres my old teq that involves me standing at his foot and giving him a pedicure until he needs another nap.

Optional would imply I had the option to do old teq or new teq. If I wanted a challenge I’d go play a non-MMO, I went to world bosses for free ecto’s.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Serial.7128

Serial.7128

Oh you didnt know. When the fight starts, if you type /godmode within 0.0007373 seconds after he lands, you can one shot him with a rainbow fart attack

in Tequatl Rising

hobbes.6178

I never asked for this.

And even kinder to make achievements for doing it…

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

I never asked for this.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: luckywaldo.6089

luckywaldo.6089

I never asked for this.

Optional? Than wheres my old teq that involves me standing at his foot and giving him a pedicure until he needs another nap.

Optional would imply I had the option to do old teq or new teq. If I wanted a challenge I’d go play a non-MMO, I went to world bosses for free ecto’s.

Optional implies that there isn’t any reason to beat him important to the rest of the game, like BiS gear. Which is exactly the case.

And MMO’s SHOULD be difficult in a way that gets people to interact and cooperate. I’ve run champ trains, and the only reason anyone talks is because we are so bored out of our minds we talk to relieve it. Now people are talking on how they can improve their builds, how they can improve their approach, and work together to take on a challenge.

It’s excellent, and it’s a shame that the game has trained people up to this point to think they deserve rewards just for showing up.

Ecce Machina ~ Engineer
Ars Est Mortem ~ Necromancer

in Tequatl Rising

jcbroe.4329

I never asked for this.

It was already optional.

Now it just isn’t fun.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: FoopOplo.7914

FoopOplo.7914

1. This is optional.
2. We, the MAJORITY of somewhat decent players DID ask and even beg for this. Please don’t speak for all of us.

Don’t play GUILD wars without a GUILD!

http://www.Vicarious-Gaming.enjin.com

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: FoopOplo.7914

FoopOplo.7914

Wait, not fun? Because it’s a challenge? It’s day 1 and some server have almost killed it already without a lot of time to coordinate or strategize. Give it some time, and people will kill it.

Autoattacking dragon’s toes isn’t “fun” for the rest of us, sorry.

Don’t play GUILD wars without a GUILD!

http://www.Vicarious-Gaming.enjin.com

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Casty.9743

Casty.9743

I never asked for this.

Then dont do it

in Tequatl Rising

jcbroe.4329

Wait, not fun? Because it’s a challenge? It’s day 1 and some server have almost killed it already without a lot of time to coordinate or strategize. Give it some time, and people will kill it.

I never asked for this.

Then dont do it

Look at that nice circular logic.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Abue.8795

Abue.8795

instance it. problem fixed. There’s too many ppl who rely on getting carried by constantly sitting dead and trying to figure out what to do. Just because some servers have had huge coordinated efforts from guilds and brought it low doesn’t mean every server will have the same chance. The encounter is way too upscaled, the difficulty with turrets would have been fine, but what is this, an encounter actually requiring sort of specific specs and gear? I thought this was exactly what they were trying to avoid with this game since the reluctance to add dps meters because its TOO ELITIST..

rant off… get your kittens together ANET.

in Tequatl Rising

jcbroe.4329

I never asked for this.

Optional implies that there isn’t any reason to beat him important to the rest of the game, like BiS gear. Which is exactly the case.

And MMO’s SHOULD be difficult in a way that gets people to interact and cooperate. I’ve run champ trains, and the only reason anyone talks is because we are so bored out of our minds we talk to relieve it. Now people are talking on how they can improve their builds, how they can improve their approach, and work together to take on a challenge.

It’s excellent, and it’s a shame that the game has trained people up to this point to think they deserve rewards just for showing up.

Who’s to say every single one of us thinks we deserve rewards just for showing up?

The current issue that my server is experiencing is population. Even if we were able to be 100% perfect with tactics, there aren’t enough people carrying enough DPS to complete the event in the given time frame. Now, it’s all well and good to tell people they need to change their builds and gear to complete the event.

But then again, it’s only one event in a sea of many other things to do, which for most players, means that they aren’t going to invest their time and in game money into completing just that one event when they are currently able to complete the rest of the games content.

Basically, you can’t force people to play the way it’s going to take to complete the event, especially when you need to fit more DPS inside a time frame. The time frame needs to be extended in that case, or removed in favor of events that need to be completed in order to the event to not fail. That way, it still requires organization in order for the event to be successful, but doesn’t punish the casual player for wanting to participate while at the same time punishing the group for that individual being a hindrance to the event.

Otherwise, it should be entirely instanced, so that people who are truly serious about the event can still organize and have a fair go at it, and remain unaffected by the actions of players that would cause the event to fail.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

I never asked for this.

Then dont do it

I can tell your not good at using logic by that statement alone.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Gillian.1859

Gillian.1859

The two times we tried fighting Teq, we failed miserably, as in barely scratched it. I have a feeling that those who are not up to the challenge will simply move on in the following days, and those who are interested in fighting this boss the way it was meant to, will stay for the event.

I have to say, I died a lot, but I wp’ed back and kept trying. The event itself is fun. What kills the event are the masses of dead players waiting for a rez and / or hoping for a free leech on the rewards. This is not going to happen with Teq.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: thewamba.5203

thewamba.5203

Oh you didnt know. When the fight starts, if you type /godmode within 0.0007373 seconds after he lands, you can one shot him with a rainbow fart attack

slow claps

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Don’t instance it. The idiots that keep dying will eventually stop showing up because they will realize they can’t just zerg their way to victory. In the end you will be left with people that care enough to learn the fight.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

We barely make it to the first laser on SoS and I’ve been at it all night. It’s a great fight but the the timer just sucks all the fun out of it. I’m done with Teq until it either gets nerfed (the timer) or until our server gets organized enough to beat him. I for one am not willing to put that much effort into beating him cause at the moment I have ascended gear to grind out and all this is giving me is a repair bill.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

you’ll never have 100% well coordinated, great players and guilds. that already eliminates 90% of success rate honestly. like everyone has said. and secondly, even with a coordinated server group, it is still really really hard, with the timer. Tequatl and other world bosses can use a buff but once again, as Anet proves, their judgement isn’t very wise. They’ve over-buffed tequatl. they can’t even defeat it, did they even do a test to see how long it takes to take it down, before tacking on a timer on a reasonable estimate?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: RileyTheRad.8542

RileyTheRad.8542

I haven’t been able to try it, but from how it sounds I’m not super excited about it. I’m not bothered by the challenge, but rather because it’s a challenge that relies on a large amount of people. I don’t trust a large zerg to pay attention, listen to mechanics, follow instructions, etc.

The lag is also pretty bad in the larger events, so skilled play becomes that much more difficult. You can say “Get a better computer” but saying that doesn’t magically put money in our pockets. Some of us can’t afford full on gaming rigs.

We’ll see, I’m just worried that putting this much faith in the hands of a zerg of mostly average players is a bit unrealistic. Time will tell, and like I said, I haven’t fought Tequatl yet so it’s hard for me to back up any real kind of opinion.

Hoopa doopa.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Wyrmrider.1692

Wyrmrider.1692

I asked for it, and had a blast wiping on Tequatl all afternoon.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Wyrmrider.1692

Wyrmrider.1692

Although, I will say certain things were handled poorly. It’s definitely against ANet’s design philosophy for additional players (even if not so skilled) to be a burden rather than a help. I hope they make appropriate tweaks to the types of mechanics they use, rather than nerfing or abandoning the whole idea of outdoor “raids.”

in Tequatl Rising

Lisa.6102

Oh so you took it down, what server?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: dcypher.2590

dcypher.2590

Although, I will say certain things were handled poorly. It’s definitely against ANet’s design philosophy for additional players (even if not so skilled) to be a burden rather than a help. I hope they make appropriate tweaks to the types of mechanics they use, rather than nerfing or abandoning the whole idea of outdoor “raids.”

For the most part, this. Why not put all the effort into designing an actual raid if they didn’t expect casuals to get involved and not be a burden? Instead of ressing people I’m already seeing the “just teleport to the closest waypoint” logic. God forbid if a casual hops on a turret, or doesn’t stack. Or takes up a spot on the main server that might be better off for a guildie on the overflow.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: GekoHayate.2451

GekoHayate.2451

I never asked for this.

Optional means you don’t have to do it… if you want brain dead farming for ectos do cof p1 and salvage the token vendor rares… People these days I swear…

Havroun of Karp – Disciples of Magikarp [Karp]

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: BladeNinja.4671

BladeNinja.4671

I honestly dont believe my server will even get him to 30%. In all there will only be a small handful of people who will co op with each other to get it done. The rest just show up and expect a freebie, and then state “its too hard” when they cant complete it after multiple attempts. (Liadri is a good example of this too)

Teq doesnt need to be nerf, but at the same time Anet shouldn’t have made the World Bosses so easy to the point where people got too relaxed with the “sitting fear dragons”, that do nothing. Player who want to beat him can’t because now we have to rely on thoughs that won’t defend, wp when dead, use the turret skills proper, or even dodge the shockwaves lol.

Its a kick in the face to thoughs who want to get it done but now can’t now cuz of the co op part on the server and thoughs less forunate people…

Aura Slicer X Thief. Pvp svr 007 Oh wait! i’m not suppose to tell you that!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

I never asked for this.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

in Tequatl Rising

hobbes.6178

Really? that’s awesome. I personally think wiping on something all afternoon and only getting it to maybe 70% health is about as fun as punching myself in the balls with a knife. But hey to each their own I guess.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

i like it, its a challange!!:-)
Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lucyfer.9517

Lucyfer.9517

Expecting 100 strangers to cooperate and work together is just stupid. Especially in overflow. An chances of ending in overflow are extremely high.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: narrock.6890

narrock.6890

anet has introduced challenge to a playerbase conditioned with mindless sandbox mode

the instagib tidal wave of tears… it’s beautiful

and a little something like this

wow your need to get over youself

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

I never asked for this.

Same, I never asked for a boss I can never defeat.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I also never asked for that. Quite the contrary since i always talk again people who cry for “more challenge” since the past has shown so often that in the end that just means : more Hitpoints, more Damage and often massive one-hit-kills .. and now new at GW2 we also get all these stupid timers everywhere.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Xasar.2618

Xasar.2618

Don’t instance it. The idiots that keep dying will eventually stop showing up because they will realize they can’t just zerg their way to victory. In the end you will be left with people that care enough to learn the fight.

Ok, then ONLY People with a great pc can do it. HOW DO YOU THINK People can learn the fight if their computer are not powerful enough? There are so much users that frames are inefficent and all is deadly slow. There aren’t so much people with a good pc playing GW, but I always tought that this game was especially for casual players.
Teq for Casual? Ahahahah! I like the challenge, but too much people and the kitten ed TIME is too short! You cannot pretend that a lot of strangers (like 60) can coordinate each other perfectly unless there are several guilds that coordinates theirselves.
I play GW for so long that these things seem to me more and more like to WOW. Things like farming … before even existed. Anet, that’s happening to you?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Ok, then ONLY People with a great pc can do it. HOW DO YOU THINK People can learn the fight if their computer are not powerful enough? There are so much users that frames are inefficent and all is deadly slow. There aren’t so much people with a good pc playing GW, but I always tought that this game was especially for casual players.
Teq for Casual? Ahahahah! I like the challenge, but too much people and the kitten ed TIME is too short! You cannot pretend that a lot of strangers (like 60) can coordinate each other perfectly unless there are several guilds that coordinates theirselves.
I play GW for so long that these things seem to me more and more like to WOW. Things like farming … before even existed. Anet, that’s happening to you?

Well, that’s bound to happen to everyone at some point. Games require better and better equipment to run it. Not sure why your computer has trouble, my computer is from 2009 (I will admit it was pretty beast back then), but I run everything maxed out with ~40FPS. In large groups like the Teq fight I probably drop to ~12FPS, but still doable and I can always lower my settings if I absolutely must have smoother frames.

If you are complaining that your computer can’t handle it, then there is a pretty obvious solution to that. No one can avoid upgrading their computers forever.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Payadopa.4706

Payadopa.4706

I never asked for this.

Hi, my name is Commander Shep… Payadopa,
and I did ask for this!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Really? that’s awesome. I personally think wiping on something all afternoon and only getting it to maybe 70% health is about as fun as punching myself in the balls with a knife. But hey to each their own I guess.

If you’re punching anything with a knife you’re doing it wrong.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Payadopa.4706

Payadopa.4706

That’s today’s gamer for you I guess. I don’t get it either. People feel way too entitled.
I finally have a reason more to rethink my build and strategy. I welcome more tactic in my games. If a trained monkey could play the game then there is no satisfaction.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Northlander.4619

Northlander.4619

I never asked for this.

I did and it’s good that Anet provides something to us as well. All other world bosses are still out there for those who don’t wish to do the hard content even if they change all the dragon fights.

This is not like most living world releases. This is actually content that is completely optional as there are similar fights in the world and you can complete the LW category with dailies. The T achievements are in the boss achievement category so they most likely stay permanently.

Not to mention this is permanent content which is good. I’ve more trouble with their way of releasing content that can be experienced only within a very shot timeframe which is much, much worse and exclusive. Especially since some releases have had content that is extremely hard to complete and then never seen again.

I never asked for content like that but I seem to be getting it constantly. Hopefully this means we will get more permanent changes to the game in the future as well.

(edited by Northlander.4619)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

You just gotta change the mentality. This is what we asked for. A World boss you can’t just “Zerg”. Rather, he’s a boss that requires thinking. Every person fighting him needs a role. Using the cannon. Guarding a cannon. Clearing adds and tendrels, and fighting the dragon itself. Also, you can’t just sit in place and fight. The fight actually utilizes GW2 combat mechanics. You have to jump, dodge, and use blast finishers to stay alive. Teamspeak is probably also a must.

The mechanics are not the problem, the timer is. I have no problem with the boss requiring you to pay attention and change up your moves and all that, the only problem is that if you can’t kill him within 15 minutes then the event fails. If it had an unlimited timer, and the only difference between an elite run and a casual run is that the latter would take 3-4 times as long as the former, then that would be great.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”