Tequatl nerf is inevitable

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Xuro.5861

Xuro.5861

I am one of the people who think this encounter is fine if they put it as a raid in an instance but not in open world where we rely on to many random factors.

I’ve seen countless posts now saying;

“it’s fine, don’t nerf it”
“l2p instead of spamming 1”
“we need hard content”

As I have beaten liadri and sab trib mode, I love hard content aswell but you will have to realize that if this encounter is not tuned down, soon nobody will be able to enjoy it at all.

It is made for 80 people who are fully geared and prepared, meaning that unless you are in one of the few active WvW guilds, you have no chance to gather this many. Most servers can’t even collect 80 people on TS3 for that matter.

“But all the bad people will stop coming to teq, only the good will be left” or “They will learn how to deal with this encounter.”

Wrong, in two weeks we will get new living story content which will be the major focus, along with holiday events soon and the WvW leagues, meaning that most people will be occupied with other content rather than camping teq for days on end, hoping to finally beat him after their 50th attempt.

The two servers that beat it did a great job, however they are now still failing the event aswell due to all the guests, meaning that if they ever want to obtain the title, they have to re-do what they did today, atleast a few more times for every person. Do you really think they will or are able to do this? Not with the new amount of guests flooding these servers now.

The sad reality is that it has to be nerfed considerably to make it real longterm content.

We’ve seen it before with Karka Queen and the Aetherblade Jumping Puzzle (people said the same about not changing the puzzle, well it’s completely deserted now).

I personally hope that they will make proper adjustments to this encounter and build this current version into an instance where people can enter with entire guilds to enjoy this content without relying on so many random factors from the open world (Guild Raids).

(edited by Xuro.5861)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

I’d agree with you that if it had been an instanced raid tuned for twenty people it would have probably been fine and way more fun.

But the open world nature of it makes it impossible for most servers. All you need is one dedicated turret troll and it’s game over.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Allan Amores.8230

Allan Amores.8230

Agreed, IMO it would have been much better if they just buffed Tequatl the same way they did with the other world bosses, and added an instanced fight with this exactly lvl of difficulty encounter but with an elder dragon. For example it could have been the return of Zaitan looking for revenge, and it also would make more sense than one of his liutenants being actually stronger than himself :S.

At least with an instanced super boss fight it would remove many random factors that cause cheap fails, and would make coordination easier.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Honestly, it’s inevitable for longevity and to ensure the event is even attempted weeks after this event, but the worst part about all of this is the elitism it will bring. The few servers who did down it before it eventually gets nerfed are going to just gloat and talk so much crap to everyone else it’s not even gonna be funny.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

Honestly, it’s inevitable for longevity and to ensure the event is even attempted weeks after this event, but the worst part about all of this is the elitism it will bring. The few servers who did down it before it eventually gets nerfed are going to just gloat and talk so much crap to everyone else it’s not even gonna be funny.

Nah. Only the elitists in those servers will be doing that. There are plenty of us that have completed it that won’t be gloating or talking down to others.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

I’m from TC and while we did down it it was a Pyrrhic victory at best. A large portion of the participating players, including myself, ended up crashing just seconds before the kill due to server issues no doubt caused by players from other servers attempting to mass join

So yeah, I’m all for changes. The few servers who can do this now are pretty much all being swarmed and it’s causing huge issues for the native population. I talked to somebody earlier who had been waiting five hours just to get into his own server instance. This is not enjoyable gameplay.

in Tequatl Rising

TehPwnerer.7215

Nah. Only the elitists in those servers will be doing that. There are plenty of us that have completed it that won’t be gloating or talking down to others.

Well props to you then for that attitude, wish more had the same idea.

in Tequatl Rising

TehPwnerer.7215

I’m from TC and while we did down it it was a Pyrrhic victory at best. A large portion of the participating players, including myself, ended up crashing just seconds before the kill due to server issues no doubt caused by players from other servers attempting to mass join

So yeah, I’m all for changes. The few servers who can do this now are pretty much all being swarmed and it’s causing huge issues for the native population. I talked to somebody earlier who had been waiting five hours just to get into his own server instance. This is not enjoyable gameplay.

Agreed. Something does need to be done to fix the issues but it’s day 2 of the patch, we can just keep relaying thoughts and issues to ArenaNet and hope they get addressed.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

This is one of my main issues with this content. The ramifications of the side effects of how it is currently implemented are not good at all. I hope they are taking that into careful consideration, but w/o any feedback on the matter we will never know.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Barret.4095

Barret.4095

rather than tuning it down, just increase the loot. after all that work and you just get blues and greens? it’ll be fun the first week but it’ll be deserted after that.

“For those whose time and dedication went above and beyond, only to achieve mediocrity”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shelledfade.6435

Shelledfade.6435

I agree with the OP.

This is content designed for precise coordination which is something a public event sorely lacks.

I’d rather be able to do content knowing it doesn’t revolve around dumb luck regarding coordination.

(edited by Shelledfade.6435)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: MoobsiusM.6483

MoobsiusM.6483

I am one of the people who think this encounter is fine if they put it as a raid in an instance but not in open world where we rely on to many random factors.

I’ve seen countless posts now saying;

“it’s fine, don’t nerf it”
“l2p instead of spamming 1”
“we need hard content”

As I have beaten liadri and sab trib mode, I love hard content aswell but you will have to realize that if this encounter is not tuned down, soon nobody will be able to enjoy it at all.

It is made for 80 people who are fully geared and prepared, meaning that unless you are in one of the few active WvW guilds, you have no chance to gather this many. Most servers can’t even collect 80 people on TS3 for that matter.

“But all the bad people will stop coming to teq, only the good will be left” or “They will learn how to deal with this encounter.”

Wrong, in two weeks we will get new living story content which will be the major focus, along with holiday events soon and the WvW leagues, meaning that most people will be occupied with other content rather than camping teq for days on end, hoping to finally beat him after their 50th attempt.

The two servers that beat it did a great job, however they are now still failing the event aswell due to all the guests, meaning that if they ever want to obtain the title, they have to re-do what they did today, atleast a few more times for every person. Do you really think they will or are able to do this? Not with the new amount of guests flooding these servers now.

The sad reality is that it has to be nerfed considerably to make it real longterm content.

We’ve seen it before with Karka Queen and the Aetherblade Jumping Puzzle (people said the same about not changing the puzzle, well it’s completely deserted now).

I personally hope that they will make proper adjustments to this encounter and build this current version into an instance where people can enter with entire guilds to enjoy this content without relying on so many random factors from the open world (Guild Raids).

I don’t think this could have been put more accurate.I was very excited about this event , but i guess people won’t change their ways (referencing to the people who spam auto attack while they are afk , people who are generally away and are scaling the boss, the 10-20 people dead on the ground waiting for resurrection which also scales the boss, it takes no more than 1 or 2 people that can’t work with the turret to screw it up.)It led me to the point where every time i see people trying to make a strategy, i rage quit.The changes are good , but the community isn’t (especially since this game was promoted as casual) and i am all for moving this event into a raid instance or giving us more time so that mistakes can be made.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

At the moment the fight has zero longevity. The reward is marginally better, a small chance to get a reskinned ascended weapon. But this is not worth the massive frustration, pain and effort required to beat this boss.

Those that are the diehard tryhards that just want to get the kill, will get it eventually. But after that first rush, for that first kill, the kills after that are never going to feel as good. No point redoing the boss if the reward is hardly any better then a much easier event.

As a result this event will eventually just stop being played. Every once in a while a bored guild might have a serious crack at it and thats probably about it.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

This fight has nothing to do with coordination etc. It has something to do with luck of having 6 competent people on turrets.

Arenanet should just increase the amount of turrets – add 2 more turrets on each side and fight will be more predictable and less frustrating.

There is nothing more frustrating when 1 person bottle-necking the other 100+, thats how it was back in the days on Grenth when 1 idiot standing next to keeper could pretty much fail event in a matter of seconds.

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Well it’s better that some guild try it once in a month than just give free loot people who come afk.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I wholeheartly agree.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

For example it could have been the return of Zaitan looking for revenge, and it also would make more sense than one of his liutenants being actually stronger than himself :S.

This is off-topic but it irks me – what makes you think Tequatl is stronger then Zhaitan? I’d guess the Airship we used to fight Zhaitan would obliterate Tequatl with 14 minutes left on the clock and 100 players less =)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

At the moment the fight has zero longevity. The reward is marginally better, a small chance to get a reskinned ascended weapon. But this is not worth the massive frustration, pain and effort required to beat this boss.

I’ve done many fractal runs that ultimately failed. 1-2 hours or so down the drain. And that is just GW2 content.
I think I can live with failing Teq a couple times for a maximum of 15 minutes each.

Those that are the diehard tryhards that just want to get the kill, will get it eventually. But after that first rush, for that first kill, the kills after that are never going to feel as good. No point redoing the boss if the reward is hardly any better then a much easier event.

Not everyone is Terrahero. The prospect of fighting and beating a hard boss is for many alluring in itself. Also the potential gold/h for this boss is perfectly fine.

As a result this event will eventually just stop being played. Every once in a while a bored guild might have a serious crack at it and thats probably about it.

Your conjecture doesn’t add up. You’re essentially saying the only reason it “won’t get played” is because of the difficulty. But that is relative. People will get better at it – not everyone of course, but many. And to those, those people on that baseline, there’s no reason why they wouldn’t consider doing Teq, since it’s just another world boss to them, but with much better loot and with more attractive fight mechanics than just autoattacking from a safe spot.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

I do not intend to “come afk” and “get free loot”. However I have zero intention to come for event, wait a few hours just to be trolled by 2 people on turrets autoattacking random mobs instead of doing what turrets supposed to do.

Lets wait for servers already downed Tequatl to be trolled by guesters on turrets and you guys will magically “wholeheartedly agree” that turret troll problem must be addressed.

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Lets wait for servers already downed Tequatl to be trolled by guesters on turrets and you guys will magically “wholeheartedly agree” that turret troll problem must be addressed.

/AGREE + the overflow problem apparently …. ^^ trolling turrets going pew pew pew will cause event failure. I find it funny how no one reads the event tips stickied in the forum before going head strong into it.

Would love to see guesting disabled and free transfers to low pop servers this week.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Fox Soul.4809

Fox Soul.4809

Anet please never nerf tequalt. I love it and it isnt broken.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Simplicity.7208

Simplicity.7208

It’ll either be nerfed or abandoned.
“Yeah! Let’s go do an event with a 95% failure rate that takes 1000x longer than a Queensdale event yet gives oddly similar rewards! I like armor repairs!”
Something seems off here. Whether it’s the difficulty, the rewards, the time it takes, the fact that after the event, we won’t be alerted to Tequatl and hence we will have optimistically 20% of the current Tequatl player population doing Tequatl at any given time….

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: RagingDragon.9475

RagingDragon.9475

Let’s go do an event with a 95% failure rate that takes 1000x longer than a Queensdale event yet gives oddly similar rewards!

41 worlds, 1.5 hour respawn, he has been available for around 30 hours.

30/1.5 × 41 = 820 spawns (not counting overflows) and 5 wins. That’s a .006 win percent.

That is about the same chance of getting a precursor out of the Mystic Toilet!

I can see the nerf bat coming already, but personally I think they should leave it and make it a guild event. Though they need to add better rewards and better scaling so 20 – 30 people could do it.

Commander Kane Ragingdragon
Knights of Ares [ARES] - Apply Now

(edited by RagingDragon.9475)

in Tequatl Rising

Simplicity.7208

Let’s go do an event with a 95% failure rate that takes 1000x longer than a Queensdale event yet gives oddly similar rewards!

30/1.5 × 41 = 820 spawns (not counting overflows) and 5 wins. That’s a .006 win percent.

I can see the nerf bat coming already, but personally I think they should leave it and make it a guild event. Though they need to add better rewards and better scaling so 20 – 30 people could do it.

I love you for doing the maths. But I learned a long time ago it’s better to under-approximate than to over-approximate. 95% was sufficient to make my point.

Also, this could make a potentially epic guild mission. I like that way of thinking. Because just tweaking the rewards makes everyone infuriated about the failure rate, and tweaking the difficulty just puts us back to the pre-patch Tequatl…neither are particularly great answers

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

tweaking the difficulty just puts us back to the pre-patch Tequatl…neither are particularly great answers

Not really. If they nerf just his health he will still have all the new deadlier attacks. It would just be less of a giant dps check.

in Tequatl Rising

RagingDragon.9475

I love you for doing the maths. But I learned a long time ago it’s better to under-approximate than to over-approximate. 95% was sufficient to make my point.

Also, this could make a potentially epic guild mission. I like that way of thinking. Because just tweaking the rewards makes everyone infuriated about the failure rate, and tweaking the difficulty just puts us back to the pre-patch Tequatl…neither are particularly great answers

Oh that is an under-approximation. There are approx 1 – 2 over flows per world so attempts are more than likely double or triple. So in reality is more likely that it is a 99.999% failure rate.

But your welcome.

Anyways I think they should just increase the timer. Or lower the base average of players needed. Anet specified that you needed 80 people to kill him and based their calculations on that. Maybe lower it to 60 people? Would roughly be a 25% nerf, but would still force people to pay attention and not be face roll easy, as it would still have all the original mechanics.

Still would prefer it to remain the same but be a guild event with tokens you need to buy to activate it or something. Alot of the more hardcore guilds would still have this for difficult content, and it would still give the more casual guilds a goal to work towards. Without kittening off the rest of the open world players.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

A dps check for 150 people :\

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

A dps check for a 150 people :\

Tequatl is the new Simin.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Uruz Six.6594

Uruz Six.6594

Failure rate isn’t what you should be looking at.

If, by the weekend, the only servers succeeding are the high-pop ones like Blackgate and the Coast, then expect a nerf. If Ferguson’s Crossing is successfully running their own TKS parties, then there won’t be.

Skoryy, sylvari thief: “Act now, figure out ‘with wisdom’ later.”
Nanuchka, norn mesmer: “BOOZEAHOL!”
Tarnished Coast – Still Here, El Guapo!

in Tequatl Rising

Simplicity.7208

tweaking the difficulty just puts us back to the pre-patch Tequatl…neither are particularly great answers

Not really. If they nerf just his health he will still have all the new deadlier attacks. It would just be less of a giant dps check.

His health is the only thing he’s got going for him. If he didn’t have the health pool, people would just ignore the other mechanics and go back to stand on his face and spank him until sufficiently dead.

in Tequatl Rising

RagingDragon.9475

Failure rate isn’t what you should be looking at.

I wasn’t looking at the failure rate, I was looking at the success rate! :P

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Xuro.5861

Xuro.5861

Actually the precursor chance is 0.1% average for rares and 1% average for exotics so you will probably find several precursors before finishing this event with those odds

After a few more tries today I personally won’t attempt it anymore untill they come up with a solution because right now I just end up being mad at people who either troll the zerg or refuse to listen to the commanders who are on teamspeak.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

Anet please never nerf tequalt. I love it and it isnt broken.

Only thing that sucks is the loot at this point. Greens and blues.. hooray…

But the fight… I admit I was really against this content at first but since playing it, I see that it’s a hard fight that requires co-ordination, skill, and either being able to give direction or listen to direction. It’s actually really involved and requires teamwork.

That said… I’m not sure it’ll be done much after the first two weeks of things.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.