Tequatl will be a ghost town soon!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Aged RockApe.6549

Aged RockApe.6549

Is it just me but since the update every critter is that much harder to kill. Tried this a number of times as my Ranger with my pet in attack mode and they pay no attention to the pet at all now. My ranger has now turned into a very weak worrior and with all the confusion on the screen going on you are not able to see what is what. It is just madness with so many champions and veterans all over the shop its not as thought my 24inch HD screen is too small to see. The only clear vision I had of what was happening was when controlling a turret.
So for the servers that have nearly got this done or nearly done, how many people were doing the event? Or have I missed something with all that is happening on the screen?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: amiable.4823

amiable.4823

I really wish that they went the route of Jormag, which after the patch I have nothing but nice things to say about. It is a more difficult fight so you can’t totally faceroll it but the timer is reasonable and you don’t need super coordinated groups to do it. The increase in the rewards make it relatively worthwhile to take a break from champ farming to do it. It’s a nice community event that gives a decent reward and is actually fun.

Aliquot Love – Engineer
Gable Thorn – Elementalist
Shining in Darkness – Warrior – Mag

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

My take on my first (and last) attempt.
So, i thought i was gonna fight a BOSS

After getting to the nearest WP and walking around a bit, i got insta downed 3 times within a few minutes. Exploding fish heads were the cause apparently. Fun ?! No.

Then for several other minutes while trying to get…anywhere…i was constantly distracted with fighting normal/veteran Risen.
If i wanna fight those i can go to Orr i suppose.
Finally, when a Champion (or a very big Veteran) started chasing me, i was like …nvrmind this.

Point, i thought i was gonna fight a Boss.
And, this post is not about what i could do better or different another attempt.
Its about my first impression/experience from this event.

(edited by dagrdagaz.4913)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: doomfodder.2906

doomfodder.2906

I think that it’s possible that posters in this thread (and others “complaining” about the new TEQ) have mis-understood the “reward” for this new content. The reward for ALL the coordinated effort + learning how to fill the designed roles + multiple successes + multiple failures is NOT items that lead to gold/mats/exotics/etc.

The “reward” IS NOT inventory/wallet items. The “reward” IS the achievement http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tequatl & subsequent title! Those inventory/wallet items are (as commented by many) a very small incentive to try the new content more than once. Those items are not the motivator to repeat the event multiples times (as is required for all the achievements)

If ANET wanted everyone to get this achievement (or the title), it would be structured differently. Think about all the other temporary content ANET has introduced over the last year – “inventory based rewards” were essentially skins. A very small handfull of players have ALL of those achievements and that handful didn’t do it for the “inventory based rewards”. If they did, kitten would set in & you’d see those skins on players in game.

It’s highly likely that after this content ends, Teq will revert to his previous state & “life will go on” in sparkfly as it has for the last year (high pop servers or not). The content will be over & those that got the achievement will have their “reward”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

Yeah, sadly people can’t really accept that some thing are hard and decide to give up because they can’t do it less than a day after release…..

Yea, I love how the Teq event requires all kinds of skill.
Like the one I learned to get competent people on the only 6 positions critical to succeeding. Yea, definitely skill dependent right there. “Who gets to the turret first”.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: The Last Hobbit.6492

The Last Hobbit.6492

I’m already avoiding Tequatl.

I’m not going to keep trying to do it when 90% of the people doing it STILL haven’t bothered to read a guide / watch a video.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: frostyraziel.1854

frostyraziel.1854

I think anet should make him scale with players doing the event. That way a guild raid of 20-30 people should be able to pull it off even with few pugs around them.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

100 players is like 5 small guilds so it’s not really hard get enough players to do it. Only problem is that there is too many randoms who don’t listen and they just force other players in overflow.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

The only thing players can do at this point is wait and see.

If the event turns into a “ghost town” after this fortnight is over, then ArenaNet will have learnt a lesson from that. I’m on the fence. I sure as hell wont be fighting Teq much – disliking boss events as I do, I avoid them unless I’m wanting Dragonite ore, and the others provide a far easier route through which to obtain that.

The “Tequatl Weapon Skins” also-known-as “Standard Ascended Skins with Black Drippy Bits” don’t entice me to play it more. Neither does the prospect of the Mini Pet. I wonder if this will be the same for many players, or if they really do find these rewards enough to continue participating.

As I say – the next 2 weeks are a wait and see game. Will only the very top “PvE Servers” manage to kill it? What kind of message will that send out? Ghost Town?… I’m leaning more to thinking yes. Time will tell.

You always see players screaming for “harder content”. I’d love to see a boss that even the devs can’t kill. Stick it in a Labrynthine Cliffs size zone so that it’s not “messing” with any other PvE, and if anyone finds a way to beat it – buff it up. The continually evolving unbeatable boss! Perfect! Might help quench the thirst of those players who only ever “want it harder”.

(edited by Sarie.1630)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

6) ANet decides to make the other world bosses comparably difficult, and under-utilized.

7) Everybody moves on to EQN. ANet is left wondering what went wrong. Self-professed hardcores sit on the forum all day long gloating about how hardcore they are, incapable of finishing any metas due to the game being dead.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

If the event turns into a "ghost town" after this fortnight is over, they ArenaNet will have learnt a lesson from that.

*cough*Karka Queen*cough*months later

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

If the event turns into a “ghost town” after this fortnight is over, they ArenaNet will have learnt a lesson from that.

*cough*Karka Queen*cough*months later

Fine! “…should have learnt a lesson…”

They’re working on trying to give people reasons to go to the more far flung reaches of the maps all the time. I’ve not met a player yet who considers Karka Queen to be worth the hassle. I predict the same may happen with Tequatl.

(edited by Sarie.1630)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Rasudido.6734

Rasudido.6734

ha learn their lesson…. right

at least in gw1 they gave me a half competent team of custom heroes so I could attempt group content even if other players just couldnt be bothered with it…

This event is already ghosting and its not even been a single day.