About new armor skins and some feedback

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Human females are for people who want to play dress up.

Yes? and?

We want to dress up as a chick in badkitten armor.

so what exactly was your point?

You can play a chick in battle armour. Play a female charr or asura. They can wear all the male armour.

If you want full body armour on a human female, there are several options available. Just look at Primeval. The skimpy female armours are generally more popular than the full bodied ones. It makes sense that they would offer more of them as it likely caters to more people, that doesn’t mean they didn’t make something for everyone.

It’s not the case that the fully body armours don’t exist for human females. There are less of them, but there’s also likely less people who want them.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I normally just use the pvp locker for mixing and matching. They have most of the pve sets in it. Have these been added there? Could try that way…

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Put them side to side on two tabs, and switch between them. They are not the same model at all, and that disgraceful cop-out is indeed female phalanx.

So disappointing.

Yeah, just did that, you’re right it is disappointing.

It’s funny, but “cop-out” is the exact phrase I was thinking of too. Somehow this actually seems lazier than just adjusting the breastplate of the male version of the phalanx armour.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Crass.5739

Crass.5739

I think that the only REAL disappointment is the female heavy skin. The light and medium armors tend to fit in very well with the type of art style that’s shown in a lot of the other armors. The male heavy just stands WAY out of that, by being generally awesome. However, the female counterpart is just…why.

That being said, I’d also like to point out that we’ve had the game for over a year now, and we haven not seen a new SET of armor yet. Radiant and Hellfire would count, if they weren’t slightly tweaked versions of existing armors, and had a chest and leg piece. I mean really, I don’t even care if they look like garbage, but throw us a bone once in a while.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: MadDemon.7548

MadDemon.7548

You all seem to be ignoring the most important question about the armor:

How does it look on Charrs?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Selenya.6410

Selenya.6410

I just did preview the armor on my female norn guardian and…. well… let’s say the naked parts made her looking like one of those" sado streets frequenters", if you know what i mean….
Sigh…

Edit: Primeval still the best one.

Nexon = Advanced Cancer

(edited by Selenya.6410)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

And Asura?

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Tharium.7325

Tharium.7325

I honestly can’t believe this armour. It seems for once Arena Net has put more effort into the male version!

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

Yes? and?

You can play a chick in battle armour. Play a female charr or asura. They can wear all the male armour.

If you want full body armour on a human female, there are several options available. Just look at Primeval. The skimpy female armours are generally more popular than the full bodied ones. It makes sense that they would offer more of them as it likely caters to more people, that doesn’t mean they didn’t make something for everyone.

It’s not the case that the fully body armours don’t exist for human females. There are less of them, but there’s also likely less people who want them.

Most of the full body heavy armors currently available for human/norn/sylvari females suffer from one of two flaws:

a) Lowbie armor that looks like crap.

b) Overly specific theme that makes it near impossible to mix and match to personal satisfaction.

So no, they didn’t make something for everyone.

Edit: The part that is so disappointing is they made a kitten armor that isn’t stupidly ornate and has a elegant yet general purpose look…..for male models only.

(edited by Overkillengine.6084)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I’m patching right now, but I’ll check the PvP locker as soon as I’m in – it often gets updated before the gem store.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Excellent.

/15char

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Tower of Nightmares

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Gah I’m stuck at work for 2 more hours! (then an hour drive home and a trip to the vet) This bites.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

Gah I’m stuck at work for 2 more hours! (then an hour drive home and a trip to the vet) This bites.

theres a preview on the main news page: https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/050bb01-new-armor.jpg

I might get the light set, most of it looks decent on male light sylvari. That mask is just silly though, I wish we had more ornate light helms(not hoods) that dont cover the face like TA’s or sylvari cultural crown(t1 or 2 i forget which).

in Tower of Nightmares

LanfearShadowflame.3189

theres a preview on the main news page: https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/050bb01-new-armor.jpg

I might get the light set, most of it looks decent on male light sylvari. That mask is just silly though, I wish we had more ornate light helms(not hoods) that dont cover the face like TA’s or sylvari cultural crown(t1 or 2 i forget which).

Yeah, but I can’t fiddle with them and see how they look on ‘my’ chars.

sniffle sometimes having a life bites. lol

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: MooTownSnacker.3659

MooTownSnacker.3659

I dig thigh-highs, but the full plate phalanx is definitely sexier overall.

And what’s with so many swords not having tips in this game? They look like big paddles.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Geraint.7306

Geraint.7306

i’m not sure, if this is intentional, but the heavy armor looks weird on a sylvari avatar. unfortunately, i do not remember my avatar’s build nor do i have a total makeover, so i can’t check (but i think he’s somewhat on the “leaner” side, rather then heavy. not sure, though.

i uploaded images of the sylvari avatar wearing his normal gear, another with the heavy armor preview, and last the heavy armor preview on a human male avatar, for comparison.

Attachments:

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

I have to agree. The female version of the heavy armor looks nothing like the male counterpart. Plus, I never liked revealing heavy armor, it’s just… not armor!

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Fozzik.1742

Fozzik.1742

Female characters should be able to choose between the male and female versions of each armor set.

Actually, let male characters do that, too.

If you are going to continue providing wildly different styles and levels of design quality between the genders, at least let us choose which we wear. The female heavy armor set does not even equate at all to the male set.

(edited by Fozzik.1742)

in Tower of Nightmares

Nike.2631

Update – the armor is in the PvP locker where it can be examined on a piece-by piece basis.

I’ll try to get some Charr and Asura screenies shortly.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

I actually like the female version of all the armours better, they just seem to have much more detail placed on them.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

The thing is that there is a kittenton of super-covering female heavy armor in the game. I want more skimpy heavy armor for a barbarian-type look and there really isn’t that much to choose from. People complaining about all the chainmail bikinis in the game haven’t actually looked at all the sets.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

Female characters should be able to choose between the male and female versions of each armor set.

Actually, let male characters do that, too.

If you are going to continue providing wildly different styles and levels of design quality between the genders, at least let us choose which we wear. The female heavy armor set does not even equate at all to the male set.

I understand the frustration that people have with the heavy armor, but in a fantasy game I prefer my female toons to look “fancy.” In fact that top might make me create a new female warrior as mine is male (my warriors are always male…) and my female guardian already has her awesome T3 Norn top/pants.

Side note: I was originally going to make a human female warrior, but I actually decided against it as a protest against the stupid change they made to the female Orrian top from the Arah set during beta. If you were in beta, you know what they did – they leave in the revealing light and medium chests but changed the one revealing plate chest – I was very upset (still am…)

(edited by azurrei.5691)

in Tower of Nightmares

Shiren.9532

Good imo. The medium armour has the best attempt to deal with butt capes I have seen (other than simply not have them like the T3 racial chest). The reason I think charr look so terrible in most armor is because their body proportions are different from top to bottom and their legs and posture is so different. The new medium set splits the mini skirt look so that the tale is recognised instead of just clipping through and the overall appearance looks less like someone tried to dress their cat up in baby clothes.

I still wish they’d utilise the commando pants model more often. The bike shorts look that medium armour has on charr is not a good look imo.

(edited by Shiren.9532)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

I feel for the ladies here. I felt the exact same thing with the Phoenix armor which looked shockingly underwhelming on males. This gender disparity really needs to come to an end.

in Tower of Nightmares

Nike.2631

Charr (male) looks pretty good

Attachments:

(edited by Nike.2631)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

Yeah i was super disappointed and super angry cuz the male version looks so bad a** but then theres female which honestly looks like some of the crafted default light armor cloth stuff… its HEAVY ARMOR, wheres the heavy armor look? LOL its like cloth!

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

i’m not sure, if this is intentional, but the heavy armor looks weird on a sylvari avatar. unfortunately, i do not remember my avatar’s build nor do i have a total makeover, so i can’t check (but i think he’s somewhat on the “leaner” side, rather then heavy. not sure, though.

i uploaded images of the sylvari avatar wearing his normal gear, another with the heavy armor preview, and last the heavy armor preview on a human male avatar, for comparison.

Your shoulders are gigantic.

My Sylvari is the 2nd skinniest build.

Attachments:

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Kirnale.5914

Kirnale.5914

i agree, they should have made the female version more like the male version. There is so much detail in the male version, but female looks sooo plain. It feels like there were two different designer.

in Tower of Nightmares

azurrei.5691

The female heavy chest looks awesome – finally another good chest for female heavy users (but I don’t need it – my warrior is male.) Out of curiousity, for the people complaining about revealing, “unprotective” heavy armor for females – do you at least play a Norn? or larger, more muscular human female? Because “bad @#$” full coverage heavy armor on one of the tens of thousands of the scrawny human (or even Sylvari) female warriors running around is just silly.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Car.3805

Car.3805

I think there’s still too much detail on the female armor… too much excess detail. All three of them suffer from just a little bit of excess junk thrown in. o.0

Heavy: Weird face on the waist/hip
Medium: Optical illusion making left chest look much larger than right chest, which is similar to the issue with the exalted light armor set
Light: What are those things on the chest – tassels for a certain anatomy?

I do agree that they look better on male versions.

(edited by Car.3805)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

I am really disappointed in the Phalanx set on female characters. When I saw the preview on the website, I was excited! It only showed the male version, but it looked amazing and I assumed the female version would be… well, a version of that armor set designed to fit on a female. Instead we got something completely different.

I have no problem with revealing armor on either gender. I don’t even think the Phalanx armor looks that bad on female characters… I just think the male version looks amazing, and a feminized version of the male set would’ve been perfect for my female guardian.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: deepwinter.9015

deepwinter.9015

The female heavy chest looks awesome – finally another good chest for female heavy users (but I don’t need it – my warrior is male.) Out of curiousity, for the people complaining about revealing, “unprotective” heavy armor for females – do you at least play a Norn? or larger, more muscular human female? Because “bad @#$” full coverage heavy armor on one of the tens of thousands of the scrawny human (or even Sylvari) female warriors running around is just silly.

That’s a horrible stereotype and you should be ashamed of it. The Human T3 heavy armor is full coverage and there are plenty of woman in real life who can wear armor like it. I’m not talking runway models, I’m referring to women, like those in Tyria, who commit themselves to train for combat. Go to a Ren Faire and you’ll find average looking woman wearing heavy armor like the men and are just fine with it.

/joanofarc

Azhandris – Sylvari Thief
Tarnished Coast

in Tower of Nightmares

azurrei.5691

That’s a horrible stereotype and you should be ashamed of it. The Human T3 heavy armor is full coverage and there are plenty of woman in real life who can wear armor like it. I’m not talking runway models, I’m referring to women, like those in Tyria, who commit themselves to train for combat. Go to a Ren Faire and you’ll find average looking woman wearing heavy armor like the men and are just fine with it.

/joanofarc

Stereotype? Hardly – if you are going for “realism” the scrawny human females running around could NOT support the weight of that armor. Remember, I said the scrawny characters that players make, not NPC’s – well at least I was referring to player made characters.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Bratpirat.6137

Bratpirat.6137

It’s more like:
Female=wow male=what?

in Tower of Nightmares

Shiren.9532

Yes? and?

Most of the full body heavy armors currently available for human/norn/sylvari females suffer from one of two flaws:

a) Lowbie armor that looks like crap.

b) Overly specific theme that makes it near impossible to mix and match to personal satisfaction.

So no, they didn’t make something for everyone.

Edit: The part that is so disappointing is they made a kitten armor that isn’t stupidly ornate and has a elegant yet general purpose look…..for male models only.

Sounds like you need L’Oréal for those hairs you are splitting.

I had a look through the heavy female armour and I can’t understand what people are talking about.

http://www.gw2armor.com/human/female/heavy_list.php

Most of those seem to be fully covering the body. The balance of full body coverage to armour showing skin seems to be in favour of the full body coverage. This new set seems to be offering some much needed variety.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Kapax.3801

Kapax.3801

I would like to change the design of the armor to a more similar as the male version.
Please note that designer.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Please note that designer.

At this point I think it’s safe to say that they don’t really care what we want. ^^

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Funny how the first non demonic light armor that isnt revealing comes with a very stupidly revealing female heavy armor… id say its fair since 99% of light armor is for strippers (in most heavy you at least look like… xenas long lost sister or so), but the male/female split really needs to go and allow choice, for the people that want 3 sheets of paper over the private parts and for those in actual combat gear. ALSO FIX CLIPPING OF CHESTS WITH COF PANTS!

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I had a look through the heavy female armour and I can’t understand what people are talking about.

Most of those seem to be fully covering the body. The balance of full body coverage to armour showing skin seems to be in favour of the full body coverage. This new set seems to be offering some much needed variety.

I generally have to agree about GW2’s heavy armor. Many sets do get a bit silly with reminding you the armor is female, but it’s a fantasy game, some people (of both genders) are going to enjoy it, and there are a reasonable number of alternatives that put less emphasis on the chest area for those who want something more sensible. (And, yet, still with a built-in furnace, in the case of Sorrow’s Embrace armor.)

In this case, think the female armor just looks bad. It’s visually too busy and incoherent, it looks too similar to the Viper armor, and with or without gender adaption, the male armor just has it together more, visually. I look at the male one and think, “Yep, there’s a solid armor set.” I look at the female set and think, “Someone has been mixing-and-matching too many pieces.”

Really, I’m disappointed most of the time when there’s a major change between armor types, not because one gender always looks better than the other, but because usually one of them had a better design going. Just look at the light armor from this update: The male armor hardly looks anything like the coat-type clothing that was designed for Marjory.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

All good skins are behind RNG boxes. Think weapon skins.
The armor/costume skins with direct buy from the cash shop (with very very very few exceptions from my personal view) are completely looking bad. They are really made like not worth to spend any money for them. Not even game money.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

/joanofarc

The real issue is that all you can make are scrawny females. I have a full sized norn female and i don’t want to wear the new armor because it makes her legs look way scrawnier than they should be. There are plenty of full coverage armors, there are zero genuinely built women in the game.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Does anyone have the individual armor item chat codes? I have not been able to find them anywhere yet.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Highwinter.3190

Highwinter.3190

Giving skimpy armour to people who want skimpy armour is fine, but this one is just really distasteful. Why is there such a large difference between the male and female sets? I was very excited to actually get this set for my character, only to discover that females can’t wear the set you guys showed in the pictures and instead we get something with breast windows, heels and garter belts that looks straight out of a Korean MMO.

Please make this an alternate set.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

Does anyone have the individual armor item chat codes? I have not been able to find them anywhere yet.

you can preview them in the cash shop

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

you can preview them in the cash shop

Yes, I know. I asked for the individual armor item chat codes. I want to integrate individual items into appearances to see how they look with my armor styles, not preview the entire armor set.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

I think the new both male and female armor looks stylish.
What is the problem do you want female armor to look exactly like male armor?
How is it a stripped out cleavage version just because it shows the hips ?
So what do you want , burqa ? I dont get it.

(edited by tom.7468)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Sounds like you need L’Oréal for those hairs you are splitting.

This is a moral panic. Rationality has no place in it.

That being said I do have critique for the new set(s): They’re once again steampunk to the max. Can we have just one set that doesn’t sport powergloves and isn’t covered in goggles pretty please?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

We have enough full-covering heavy armors for females, I think this is a welcome and much needed variation.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Backward Sass.6791

Backward Sass.6791

I saw the picture (https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/050bb01-new-armor.jpg) for the new armor and went straight to the store. I was quite disappointed that the female Phalanx Heavy-Armor skin was completely different.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: slurpey.6014

slurpey.6014

I love the new armor, I just wish they would of switched the medium armor and made it light, would of been cool on my Mesmer lol