Clarification on toxic spore cleanser achieve

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Andersom.7041

Andersom.7041

i would just like to ask for clarification on what counts to this because so far only a random champ krait spawn has counted towards it even though i have killed husks and other enemies that would not seem overtly a part of the toxic alliance and had the toxic or spore suffix

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Autumn Frazee.3158

Autumn Frazee.3158

Living World QA Embed

Not all creatures have become spore corrupted; there is a small chance that they will have the corruption, but just as likely they will not. Look for a Toxic Corruption condition or debuff on veterans and Champions to help increment the achievement.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Andersom.7041

Andersom.7041

thank you for the clarification

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Deth.4109

Deth.4109

can you give us any insight as to your plans with this tower story arc? or find some one who knows and ask them to tell us ? pretty please))

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Wayland.3528

Wayland.3528

I’d say it is VERY likely they do not. After having done 30+offshoots, 10+ obelisks, and everything else in the meta except this it appears to be very SPECIFIC mobs. There are a couple Champ events that spawn alone that give credit and have gotten credit from some Champ krait. If it is intended to be on other mobs in the events the chance is either SUPER low or not functioning atm.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Gonzomike.2875

Gonzomike.2875

I agree.Ive done many spore events now and still have only 2 kills for this achievement. Im a necro and use lots of AoE’s to hit everything.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: CyberManX.4817

CyberManX.4817

This will most likely be the most painful achieve for this release. So far I have only found solo Champion Krait spawns (3 in Kessex & Krait Witches) & Harathi Overlord (in Kessex) give credit .

(edited by CyberManX.4817)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: ZorkroZ.3514

ZorkroZ.3514

we just killed the boss of the frozen maw who was spore-corrupted and … the map crashed, we’re even no longer able to reconnect with our characters who were there.

edit : we can now reconnect (without the chest).

(edited by ZorkroZ.3514)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Funky.4861

Funky.4861

I did the champ train in queensdale and found the troll, boar, oak and wasp can all be corrupted (probably the spider too). There are also 2 toxic spore events which often have appropriate mobs. I have 10 of 25 spore creatures done already and it’s not even a whole day in the event.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I did the champ train in queensdale and found the troll, boar, oak and wasp can all be corrupted (probably the spider too). There are also 2 toxic spore events which often have appropriate mobs. I have 10 of 25 spore creatures done already and it’s not even a whole day in the event.

This ^

I assume that any Krytan or Maguuman champion with their own event has a 30-50% chance to be corrupted.

The quickest way to get this would be to join the Queensdale champion train for a bit; the easiest way to get it would be to do what you always do – daily champion, random dynamic events etc. – there’s a good chance that you’ll get the achievement before November 11 without even trying.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Tubby Chan.8502

Tubby Chan.8502

Is it possible for the champs in the Frostgorge champ farm train to get the buff too?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

Is it possible for the champs in the Frostgorge champ farm train to get the buff too?

lol i wish but probably not, since not in one of the 5 affected maps

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: WilliamDaBloody.2591

WilliamDaBloody.2591

Clockwork Veterans and Champs on Scarlet’s Invasion have the buff, too. So to get this achiev just do one invasion and you should be set.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Hsin.5294

Hsin.5294

no. frosguage sound has that achivement! i just killed the quggaon there and get that!

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

I got my Toxic Spore Cleanser achievement. I’ll tell everyone how. In the centaur camp west of Kessex Hills, one of the three Veterans will have 1 Toxic buff (must complete the meta-events). Next one is at Meadows Waypoint, there is 50/50 chance that the champion will have Toxic buff. Other one is at Overlord Waypoint there is also a 50/50 chance that champion will have buff. Last one is just north of Auld Red Wharf (also 50/50 chance). Sometimes the Centaur Overlord will have toxic buff as well.

You can start from Overlord Waypoint, then after the champion spawned there. Pay attention to Meadows Waypoint, when it becomes contested go to Fort Salma Waypoint and head east. Standing by Overlord Waypoint allows you to keep tabs of the centaur meta-events, as I said one of the three Veteran Centaurs will have the toxic buff. And you’d be lucky when the Champion Centaur Overlord has toxic buff.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Hsin.5294

Hsin.5294

sry idk why. i havnt seem toxic spore cleanser in frosgue sound later.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Ruby.1873

Ruby.1873

I done the achieve with the three champs in hills. First one at Auld Red Whalf POI then Overlord Waypoint and to Meadows Waypoint then repeat. 10-20 mins waiting time to each was horrid and 50/50 chance of the debuff was even nastier toll. Took ages to get the achieve. Finally i can go rest after a long patch night

(dF) Driven By Fury
Maya Atula – Mesmer

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

Champ Troll and Champ Oak in Queensdale have it. Faster spawn time than Kessex Hills.
Just follow the champ train.

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Clockwork Veterans and Champs on Scarlet’s Invasion have the buff, too. So to get this achiev just do one invasion and you should be set.

This turned out to be a complete waste of time. Out of all the veterans and champions, ONE had the buff. With rates like that I would have a higher chance of getting a pile of precursors than completing this stupid thing with an invasion.

If we are going to get any more of these can you please just replace it with “kill 10 rats”? At least that won’t require spawn camping or champ farming.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

Yeah, clockwork veterans and champs over in Dreadhaught didn’t have this buff at all. Maybe it only applies to invasions happening in certain maps.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Berner.7289

Berner.7289

Its all pretty random. Fire Shaman had it, as did no less than three of the vet embers between stages. That was nice. Champion Giant on the Arah steps had it. Foulbear champ had it. All in all, I got the last 12 just by running my daily meta chain.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: WilliamDaBloody.2591

WilliamDaBloody.2591

Sorry, that Clockwork didn’t work out for you. For me on every portal from the start was once Vetaran or Champ with the buff. Then as the next wave at each Portal spawned another and so on. Guess I just was lucky then. Was on Iron Marches.

On the other hand the Champs at Kesses rarely have the buff for me.

RNG stinks.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: pathaugen.6572

pathaugen.6572

Do the champ train on any of the maps (like Queensdale) and you’ll have this achievement.

Or just play the game as normal for about a week and you’ll have it.

World boss kills like Maw and others credit at times too.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

I saw Crusader Michiele with it, so guild bounties can be affected too.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: nyaonyao.8402

nyaonyao.8402

The Toxic Offshoot at Caledon Forest doesn’t get zerg rushed because players are camping the Witch so when I headed there I found regular mobs that had the debuff. Killing them however doesn’t go towards the achievement. The toolip says “Find and kill creatures throughout the world who have been corrupted by spores.”. No mention of vet/champs. Thanks for the dev confirmation but this kind of information should be included in tooltips for clarity.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

From personal experience and gathering info, it seems that:

1. Only Veterans and Champions can have the Toxic Spores debuff, according to Autumn’s post above. (Unknown if Elites can have it too.)

2. Only Veterans and Champions that spawn during events have a chance to have the Toxic Spores debuff. (Unknown if this is true, as I have not checked many random Vets, like Oakhearts, out in the world to see if they have it.)

3. The Toxic Spores debuff doesn’t apply automatically to creatures when they are spawned. It appears about 1 minute after the creature is spawned. Therefore, it’s actually in your interest to hold off on killing an enemy after it first spawns to see if the debuff shows up (seems to be a 50/50 chance).

4. Reports have claimed that the Frostgorge Champ train never spawns creatures with the debuff. However, it is unknown if this is because Frostgorge Sound is too far away from Kessex Hills, or whether people are killing the Frostgorge Champs too quickly before the debuff has a chance to go on them. When I took part in a Scarlet invasion in Fields of Ruin last night, I didn’t see any Champs/Vets with the debuff, although some others in the map claimed to have seen them.

With all of the info above in mind, it seems that the best way to get the achievement is to visit maps that have plenty of events that spawn Veterans and Champs during events. When they spawn, wait a minute or so to see if the debuff shows up before killing them.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

Participated in two Scarlet invasions today gaining two from the first and one from the second. It’s quite a tedious achievement.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Jahiliyya.7095

Jahiliyya.7095

Hate to say it because I don’t appreciate the PvE elements in WvW, but the Veteran Warg and the Veteran Wurm that spawns in the borderlands seem to get the buff regularly. It was pretty easy to just swing by their locations whenever you grab south or NW camp.

Commander Jam, The Republic [SPQR] on Sanctum of Rall
Jumble Akimbo
Jahiliyya Akimbo

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

From personal experience and gathering info, it seems that:

1. Only Veterans and Champions can have the Toxic Spores debuff, according to Autumn’s post above. (Unknown if Elites can have it too.)

2. Only Veterans and Champions that spawn during events have a chance to have the Toxic Spores debuff. (Unknown if this is true, as I have not checked many random Vets, like Oakhearts, out in the world to see if they have it.)

3. The Toxic Spores debuff doesn’t apply automatically to creatures when they are spawned. It appears about 1 minute after the creature is spawned. Therefore, it’s actually in your interest to hold off on killing an enemy after it first spawns to see if the debuff shows up (seems to be a 50/50 chance).

4. Reports have claimed that the Frostgorge Champ train never spawns creatures with the debuff. However, it is unknown if this is because Frostgorge Sound is too far away from Kessex Hills, or whether people are killing the Frostgorge Champs too quickly before the debuff has a chance to go on them. When I took part in a Scarlet invasion in Fields of Ruin last night, I didn’t see any Champs/Vets with the debuff, although some others in the map claimed to have seen them.

With all of the info above in mind, it seems that the best way to get the achievement is to visit maps that have plenty of events that spawn Veterans and Champs during events. When they spawn, wait a minute or so to see if the debuff shows up before killing them.

There were some of the Champs in Kessex that folk waited and it did indeed get the debuff after about a minute or so. Being patient paid off…. Unfortunately you also had folk that don’t listen to everyone telling them to hold off and they would go ahead and attack and the debuff never appeared before the Champ died… It is definitely worth waiting a bit just to see – folk might get the achieve a lot quicker…

So far I have not seen any veteran oakhearts other than the rotten one in Queensdale have the debuff and saw only a couple of Champs in Frostgorge during the Scarlet event that had the debuff – there were only a few folk there so they probably had the chance to get the debuff before we got to them. The Champion Wolfmaster also had the debuff and interestingly, when he had it, he no longer had the Rock Dogs with him as he was walking around….

Most of the achievements for this, I got in Queensdale, Wayfarer and Kessex. It was tedious and I am glad I am done with that one.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Dr Ritter.1327

Dr Ritter.1327

what was the point of this achievement? talk about a “kill 10 rats” quest…

The Paragon
[KICK] You’re out of the Guild
#beastgate

in Tower of Nightmares

Khisanth.2948

This is worse than kill 10 rats actually.
This is kill 10 rats but not every rat will count and sometimes you won’t even know if a particular rat counts until you are half way done killing it. Even if you know it won’t count ahead of time you will still need to kill it so it will respawn to a chance of having it count next time.

in Tower of Nightmares

Khisanth.2948

The Champion Wolfmaster also had the debuff and interestingly, when he had it, he no longer had the Rock Dogs with him as he was walking around….

Are you sure the Rock Dogs weren’t just killed off by someone or something else? Did it have any Defiant stacks? I’ve seen it without the dogs even before this patch but it had Defiant stacks which means someone else was fighting it before.

There was a veteran golem in an event in Brisban which had it and it actually applied the Toxic Pollen debuff on you as well. I don’t recall getting that from the other corrupted things.

It would be nice if that was true but being random means that the only way to be sure is to actively go after things which might have it.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Nighthaven.9326

Nighthaven.9326

Just join Queensdale’s champion train. All the champs in a rotation have the debuff. You can get it done in an hour.

in Tower of Nightmares

Zaxares.5419

After further playing last night:

1. While farming Kessex for Offshoots, I joined an informal group that would announce when the 3 Krait Champs appeared, and then we would wait until the debuff appeared on them before killing them. It sometimes took a minute, sometimes two minutes, but the debuff ALWAYS spawned on them after some time.

I took a detour at one point to kill the Blood Witch, and she had the debuff too. It’s unknown how long she had been up by that point.

2. From the above, I suspect that all Champions/Veterans that spawn during events are eligible targets for the buff, no matter what map they spawn in. The only question is a matter of how long it takes for the debuff to appear on them. Since Scarlet invasion events tend to be cleared fairly rapidly due to the nature of the event, they actually make for poor targets for getting this achievement done.

The Queensdale Champ train likely works because the Champs are scattered across the map, and one usually spawns while the zerg is currently occupied at the previous Champ. As a result, by the time the zerg arrives at the next Champ, it’s had time to get the debuff.

So yeah, while I haven’t tried it myself yet, I’d say that the Queensdale train is the best way to get this achievement.

3. I still have yet to see any Elites with the debuff. I’m fairly certain that random wandering Vets like Oakhearts do NOT get the debuff, however.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

So let me get this straight:

-Only veterans and champions (that we know of so far) can get spore infected. Which makes no sense when all of the Toxic Alliance should be infected by just being around the tower. So I can’t just hunt regular enemies?

-They don’t get it when they spawn, instead taking anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes to maybe get the spores.

-There’s no clear cut way to tell if they get the spores except to sit nearby and target them to see the infection, wasting time.

Such an annoying achievement. Just why?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Stonewall.6037

Stonewall.6037

quoting Zaxares.5419:

The Queensdale Champ train likely works because the Champs are scattered across the map, and one usually spawns while the zerg is currently occupied at the previous Champ. As a result, by the time the zerg arrives at the next Champ, it’s had time to get the debuff.

/end quote

Actually, I got 3 toxics in a row (boar, troll, oak) and all 3 spawned in sight of at least some zerg, and all showed the toxic trait within seconds, if not even at spawn. Yet the toxic regular mobs in the Kessex tower region lack it. Strange, and anti-story-line.

So Long, and Thanks For the Loot Bags.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Mister Stygian.2135

Mister Stygian.2135

Any champ or veteran related to an event can have this, I was turned off at first but after noticing I picked up 4 of these doing my regular routine, I quickly finished it up last night. The world bosses are pretty good for this; fast spawning ones like the dredge, or ulgoth, who also has champ beasts in his event are ones you should check that are on third party site timers. Other timers listing all champs can help. The fire shaman in iron marches should be checked whenever you see it up, if he has buff, you can get credit for 3, one at each phase. Megadestroyer veterans can spawn with this. If you are in a hurry you can force this acheivement, but you will get it anyway within the two weeks just from normal play.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

The Champion Wolfmaster also had the debuff and interestingly, when he had it, he no longer had the Rock Dogs with him as he was walking around….

Are you sure the Rock Dogs weren’t just killed off by someone or something else? Did it have any Defiant stacks? I’ve seen it without the dogs even before this patch but it had Defiant stacks which means someone else was fighting it before.

There was a veteran golem in an event in Brisban which had it and it actually applied the Toxic Pollen debuff on you as well. I don’t recall getting that from the other corrupted things.

It would be nice if that was true but being random means that the only way to be sure is to actively go after things which might have it.

No, I was there when the event popped up and no one was around and no defiant stacks. The wolfmaster was alone at that time from start until I took him down. If I see it again I will take a screenshot. Possibly he was bugged or his infection killed the dogs, lol… I had put out he was out there and followed him around waiting for someone to come help kill him but never saw anyone else.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Drevik.2408

Drevik.2408

For the record this is the most annoying achievement introduced into the game so far.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Holy Whirlwind.2067

Holy Whirlwind.2067

An achievement that actually feels like you achieved something….so people hate it…LOL.

We got alot of people on the main Kessex map on the Maguuma server to get this achievement last night. Basically whenever a champ spawned in Kessex: We called it out and checked for the purple leaf indicating if it was corrupted or not. We would then call out “not buffed” yet so that no one was in a rush to get there and no one attacked it. Once buffed we notified again in map chat at which point everyone “zerged” it down. If someone new came to the area and started attacking, people simply asked them to wait until it became corrupted.

Most champs became corrupted within 1min… one took over 5min, but no one killed it! We worked as a true team and waited it out, slowly taking pot shots at it. At about 75% health he became corrupted and we DPSed him down fast and moved on…Anet would have been proud of our teamwork! There were no commaders present, so all communication was through map and local chat.

(edited by Holy Whirlwind.2067)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

Got the daily by doing the pre events for the centaur champ. Halfway there but haven’t really been trying.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Not all creatures have become spore corrupted; there is a small chance that they will have the corruption, but just as likely they will not. Look for a Toxic Corruption condition or debuff on veterans and Champions to help increment the achievement.

I still have no idea how to figure out where to find these – I am still at 13/25 after days of this event. Sorry, the clarification didn’t clear anything up for me, I am far more confused about this achievement and many others.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: McJAC.4739

McJAC.4739

If you have problem with this achievement just go run any champion trains. I did this in Queensdale.I usually get 2 or 3 towards that achievement per round of champions (only that kitten spider never has the corruption)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: slurpey.6014

slurpey.6014

I still have no idea how to figure out where to find these – I am still at 13/25 after days of this event. Sorry, the clarification didn’t clear anything up for me, I am far more confused about this achievement and many others.

Go to Queensdale, Kessex Hills (the easier maps) and look for champions that have a debuff. The debuff is a little white/purple icon underneath the champs name with a feather on it. Some Champions spawn with the buff right away, while others take up to 10 minutes to buff themselves. Those Champions and only those with the icon after successful defeat count towards your achievement. If you still can’t figure out the achievement or need one of the others, take a look at this page http://dulfy.net/2013/10/30/gw2-tower-of-nightmares-achievement-guide/.

in Tower of Nightmares

Zaxares.5419

Just a heads-up that Guild Bounty targets can get the debuff too! I saw Brekkabek in Harathi Hinterlands yesterday with the debuff on him.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Moriwenne.3128

Moriwenne.3128

Anet screwed up with this. There’s some mistake in the code clearly. There’s no reason to make this work so poorly and be so hard to obtain. The freaking corruption doesn’t appear most of the time and afaik it shows up on champs after like 5minutes or even more, sometimes not at all. Most of these get killed before it appears so it all gets reset somehow. It makes no sense how this works. Why do it like this anet? WHY?!?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Anet screwed up with this. There’s some mistake in the code clearly. There’s no reason to make this work so poorly and be so hard to obtain. The freaking corruption doesn’t appear most of the time and afaik it shows up on champs after like 5minutes or even more, sometimes not at all. Most of these get killed before it appears so it all gets reset somehow. It makes no sense how this works. Why do it like this anet? WHY?!?

The debuff has a chance to show up right away after the champion spawns. Seriously, I got most of these on the second day, in Queensdale where champs go down within seconds. And still every ~3rd champion had the debuff by then. Any champion which is less popular and doesn’t get killed in under 15 seconds would have a higher chance than that.

Bosses get the debuffs, too, and take a lot longer to kill.

So if you think this is hard to obtain please consider that you might be looking in the wrong place. Do some boss fights, and see how that goes.

in Tower of Nightmares

Zaxares.5419

The debuff does spawn on Veterans too. When clearing a centaur camp in Harathi Hinterlands during an event, there were 3 Veterans remaining in the camp when I got there, and all 3 Vets had the debuff. (No idea how long this event had been up before I arrived though.)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Alora.6841

Alora.6841

Well it’s simple. Either you join the Queensdale Champtrain to get the Achievement fast or you don’t care when you get it and just play the normal way. I don’t really care about this achievement since I have the meta already, but still I have 19/25 and chances are, that I will get this.

I know, the Champtrain is annoying, but if you want this achievement so badly, then use it.

I am Commander Shepard and Evons Company is my favorite store in Lion’s Arch.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Ayarai.3985

Ayarai.3985

A timesink devoid of any fun, this achievement represents everything that is wrong with bland kill quest designs in MMO’s.