New Toxic Gloves/Shoulder Skins are AWSOME!

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

Why can’t we have the whole set?

R.I.P Kumu <3

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Cuz it’s too huurd for them to make a full set. Not sure why when it doesn’t end up fitting my race properly regardless.

I’m still waiting for Radiant Chest, Legs and Boots. :<

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

It’s too much work. Trash half finished skin sets like these should be in game rewards not in the cash shop.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

Cuz it’s too huurd for them to make a full set. Not sure why when it doesn’t end up fitting my race properly regardless.

same here, i think radiant chest, legs and boots are going to be after 20.000 AP

Are you Shpongled?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Due to the preview screen of the Gem Store only allowing preview of the heavy armor version of the toxic gloves and shoulders, non-heavy armor wearing characters are shown with their armors removed in the Gem Store preview screen.

Here are the chat codes for the two items so players can view how they would look with their existing armor if they are not heavy armor wearers.

Toxic Glove Skin: [&AgGHvwAA]
Toxic Mantle Skin: [&AgGAvwAA]

• The skins are identical for each weight type.
  • Medium version is inordinately larger in terms of scaling than the light and heavy versions which are identical in size.

Edit
Dye Details For All (L/M/H)

• Gloves
    • Seem to have 3 dye slots (preview testing) for the bone-spike elements.
    • Green ‘Toxic’ elements are not dyeable.
    • Black base part of gloves are also not dyeable.
  • Shoulders
    • Seem to have 3 dye slots (preview testing) for the feather and bone-spike elements.
    • Green ‘Toxic’ elements are not dyeable.
| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Dingle.2743

Dingle.2743

The green isn’t dyeable, which is the main reason I’m not even going to consider these. Not sure on the spikes. You can preview multiple dyes from TP after previewing the chat codes to fill out the dye slots of the items.

in Tower of Nightmares

StinVec.3621

I’m wondering if these gloves and shoulders in the Gem Store are just a test-market to see if they can get away with charging 400 gems for individual piece armor sales in the Gem Store instead of 800 for a full set.

In my “Gem Store – Armors – Single Pieces” suggestion thread I mentioned I would be willing to spend up to 250 on individual piece purchases. If they start offering armor sets in the Gem Store as purchasable in individual pieces, but at 400 gems per piece…I’ll be done with the gem store for good.

in Tower of Nightmares

StinVec.3621

The green isn’t dyeable, which is the main reason I’m not even going to consider these. Not sure on the spikes. You can preview multiple dyes from TP after previewing the chat codes to fill out the dye slots of the items.

Good idea, Dingle. Hadn’t thought of trying that out. Thanks!

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: dulfy.1493

dulfy.1493

Here is a gallery of the new toxic mantle/gloves with dye patterns, different races etc. Also a video to show how the dyes affect them.

http://dulfy.net/2013/11/05/gw2-toxic-dyes-mantles-and-gloves-in-the-gemstore/

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: CaboSoul.1204

CaboSoul.1204

Can’t be fully dyed, 1/3 of a full set, looks the same whether you are a heavy, medium or light class and a piece of it costs 400 gems = 28 ~29 gold is a definite no for me to buy this.

If you don’t want to go all the way Anet then don’t go at all. I don’t like it when you guys do less then half the job like you did with the achievement armor and when you only release a piece armor. Why? Cuz I’m more of a full set kind of guy and I like to dye my armor in a certain color.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

400 gems for a single equipment piece skin? They should have been 150 or at least 200. Definitely a no buy, Arenanet, you seem to be swimming against the tide here.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

(edited by Hermes.7014)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I actually don’t mind them being just shoulders and gloves, as I think they combine well with heavy, medium OR light armor.

400 gems is very very steep though, especially considering that you cannot dye the green and black parts, so they don’t have a very high re-use value. If I could fully dye them, I’d be able to use them for all sorts of outfits later on, not just a “toxic” inspired one.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

400 Gems for a single piece of armor is a tad pricey, but I might still grab the shoulders for my Sylvari Guardian. I plan on getting the T3 cultural armor for her, but I hate the T3 shoulders (a single shoulderpad on a heavy set is stupid, even moreso than other weight classes) so I was planning on throwing in one of the other cultural tier shoulders / TA shoulders. This seems like another possible alternative to keep the plant look, so I’ll give it a look at some point too.

I can say right off the bat that I love the way the shoulders look, it’ll just depend on how they play with the T3 heavy, my hairstyle, and my Fervid Censer. If they don’t clip horribly with any of those (most worried about the Censer) then I’ll probably go with the Toxic Shoulders.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

400 per piece is way too much. I don’t want to hear the same ol, “it costs too much” we are paying for it. RNG dyes, less than full armor sets for the cost of a full armor set, etc etc.

It’s bad enough that most of this stuff can not be earned by playing the game itself (earning gold to convert is not what I mean) but now we are paying for a full set of armor but only getting 2 pieces. I am not a fan arena net.

While on the subject there is no slot of this in sPVP? Tybalt backpack still doesn’t have a slot either. And if I do spend 800 gems on this I get to use it once for one type of armor. I don’t even get to share this with sPVP, I have to choose PVE or sPVP and which class I want to have it.

tl;dr I am starting to feel nickeled and dimed for everything in this game even if that is only the half truth. I apologize for the small rant.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Soren.9316

Soren.9316

kitten those are nice pieces that would look stellar on my Norn guardian but kitten … 400 a pop? That’s insane when a full set cost 800 gems. That full set is 6 pieces @ 133ish gems per piece and now you want 400 for 1? Talk about gouging the player base for all its worth :\

Don’t get me wrong, I love you anet, and I am willing to support you but I think I’ll hold on to my gems for something a bit more worthwhile…

IGN: Soren the Always Lost
Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I love them. Looks great on my Sylvari.

Attachments:

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

So the Green part of these new armor types cannot be dye’d?

As long as I could change the Green to Black (to match the rest of my Mesmers Theme) I was OK with buying the Gloves for 400 gems (ONLY the gloves, I do NOT like the shoulders)

But since its just like the radiant Gloves/Shoulders/Helm (White is good and all, but we should be able to dye the Glow too!) No thanks!

Anet – You can keep these failure of armor skins. You charge to much and don’t give enough in return!

It was simple! You make it so we can change the ‘glow’ on the armor, and then people would be more inclined to pay your 400 gem price ($$ or Gold). But you can’t even get that right.

with every Gem store release, I am getting more and more disgusted with the business model you are displaying here. You want to take our Time/Money, but really give nothing GOOD back for it.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

Half the price of a six piece costume for one piece? This is insane.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

So…these pieces cannot be dyed in certain spots, seem to only fit really well with Sylvari cultural armor/Nightmare armor, and cost 400 gems apiece versus 500 gems for the basic armor skin sets (Krytan, Primeval, Profane) and 800 gems for all the other ones (Aetherblade, Magitech, Phoenix, etc.)

No thanks. They look kinda neat, but not worth it.

in Tower of Nightmares

KOPPER.1458

I had forgotten that the original armor sets were 500 gems (what a steal they are in comparison).

So we go from 500 to 800 for a 6 piece set of armor, already a fairly steep rise. Then we go from a full set at 800 to gloves and shoulders for 800… what’s next?

To make matters worse you can’t reuse this skins without a transmutation stone, you only get 1 set, so you have to choose between sPVP and PVE. I really just wish the gem store was better than it has become.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Hmm. Well, I checked out the preview with my desired armor set and decided I won’t be getting the Toxic Shoulders.

They don’t clip too bad and they look like a good match to the Sylvari cultural style, but they’re freaking huge. I don’t really know what it is. I look at the screenshots on Dulfy, looks fine. They’re certainly big (a tad too big for my tastes usually), but not insanely so to the point where its a dealbreaker. I look at it on my Charr Necro ingame, looks fine on him. I look at it on my Sylvari and holy crap, way too big. I dunno if its my eyes playing tricks on me because of the armor I’ve picked for my Sylvari, or how my character looks, or if its actually bigger on Sylvari than other races, but… yikes. Seems almost like they used the Charr / Norn size shoulders for sylvari or something. Or again, maybe I’m just imagining it.

Which is a shame, because I really do like the design of them. If they were half the size then I’d be thrilled to use them.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I had forgotten that the original armor sets were 500 gems (what a steal they are in comparison).

So we go from 500 to 800 for a 6 piece set of armor, already a fairly steep rise. Then we go from a full set at 800 to gloves and shoulders for 800… what’s next?

To make matters worse you can’t reuse this skins without a transmutation stone, you only get 1 set, so you have to choose between sPVP and PVE. I really just wish the gem store was better than it has become.

This was expected for me. B2P had to come with some tradeoffs.
I wish GW2 would be subscription fee tbh.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

in Tower of Nightmares

KOPPER.1458

“This was expected for me. B2P had to come with some tradeoffs.” I suppose you are right. Really wish we were getting an expansion sometimes soon to help pay the bills rather than paying more for less in the gem store.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Expansion would be good, but they dont have a reason to make an expansion as long as they can charge redicilous amount of money for almost nothing in the gem shop. Expansions are a lot more work. You would have to pay like 2000 USD for an expansion if they would value every content in it the same as they price their gem shop stuff.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

They don’t really suit my Sylvari (which is the only character I’d consider getting them on), so I won’t be picking them up, but while I do think 400 gems is a bit pricey, I think these are only really targeted at fashionistas who are trying to get a specific look. All previous armor skins available on the gem store have stuck around permanently (a move which I’m very grateful to ANet for!), so you can always slowly farm up gold and convert it to gems to buy them with.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

I would love them on my Sylvari but at 400 gems per piece, no thanks. I’ll simply buy the full set Trickster for 800 gems and I’d be more than happy.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

may that day never come. I’m already blinded by someone wearing all of the current gear please don’t go turning yourself in a walking bundle of light. or at least tone the brightness down.

#ELEtism

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Matwabkit.1603

Matwabkit.1603

I just wish that I could dye the glowing green bits.

(edited by Matwabkit.1603)