Blue glow... AGAIN?!

Blue glow... AGAIN?!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

It’s official – ArenaNet is out of ideas.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Blue glow... AGAIN?!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I assume you are talking about the Aetherised Nightmare weapons.

What would you prefer:

• A purple glow like the mesmer phantasm weapons?
  • A black aura like the Tequatl weapons?
  • A yellow glow like the Soveriegn and Zenith weapons?
  • A fire particle effect like the fused weapons, the Flame Legion weapons, the CoF weapons, the CoF armour or the Hellfire skins?

The only other blue glow I can think of (and it appears to be dramatically different from the Aetherised Nightmare weapons) is the one on the AC weapons and Cobolt.

Blue glow... AGAIN?!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

There’s Dragon’s Deep and Corrupted weapons as well as Jormag’s Breath which are blue.

Blue glow... AGAIN?!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

What would you prefer:

• A fire particle effect like the fused weaponkittenhe Flame Legion weaponkittenhe CoF weaponkittenhe CoF armour or the Hellfire skins?

The only other blue glow I can think of (and it appearkitteno be dramatically different from the Aetherised Nightmare weapons) ikittenhe one on the AC weapons and Cobolt.

A red glow, like this:

Attachments:

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Blue glow... AGAIN?!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Being able to dye weapons would solve everyone’s problem

Blue glow... AGAIN?!

in Twilight Assault

Shiren.9532

Except for the people who dedicate resources to creating weapon skins. Suddenly they have to work on dye channels and all that stuff to make weapons dyeable. It’s more work to have weapons that can be dyed and that’s why they didn’t repeat that feature from GW1 (even in GW1 you couldn’t dye particle effects anyway).

There’s Dragon’s Deep and Corrupted weapons as well as Jormag’s Breath which are blue.

Both weapon sets are thematically different (even the particle effect) from the aetherised nightmare weapons. The colour might be the same but it’s not really fair to clump them all together as “the same thing” or even close to the same thing. Corrupted weapons have frost-like particles and the Deep ones are like an aqua variation of the AC glow.

If you’re counting Jormag’s Breath you have to count the Fiery Dragon sword.

I also left out:

• Mystic weapons (blue lightning)
  • Inquest weapons (red lightning)
  • Peacekeeper weapons (purple particle effects)
  • Sclerite weapons (black sludge)

There is a great deal of variation on particle effects on the weapon sets in GW2. Yes there is an abundance of blue ones but that’s if you reduce the weapons to colour alone, contextually they are all quite different from each other. Thematically I think the aetherised nightmare weapons make sense given the context of their creation don’t they?

Blue glow... AGAIN?!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

The only other blue glow I can think of (and it appears to be dramatically different from the Aetherised Nightmare weapons) is the one on the AC weapons and Cobolt.

If we’re just talking about Greatswords (since that’s the weapon screen released) we have the Corrupted Avenger, SAB greatsword, Jotun Greatsword, Ascalon C. Greatsword, Cobalt, Foefire, the Aetherized nightmare weapons and i think i might be missing some. Glowing blue weapons more than any other color for sure.

If i want a weapon to match my back pieces, we have the Fractal Capacitor, the SAB pack, the Dragon wings, holo kitten wings, wind zephyr back. More blue glowing kitten than any other color.

Too much blue glowy kitten, period.

(edited by panzer.6034)

Blue glow... AGAIN?!

in Twilight Assault

Shiren.9532

Colour isn’t all that matters. A SAB sword isn’t going to be used by the same person who uses the aetherised nightmare weapons. One is a holographic asuran… toy, the other is a briar themed blade. It’s not accurate to reduce all these weapons to just their colour.

Blue glow... AGAIN?!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

They’re Aetherblade-modified versions of the Nightmare weapons, I imagine. That’s why the description mentions an “aetherized glow”. And the path revolves around Scarlet, so it makes perfect sense that the aetherblades will be there as well.

Aetherblades use blue lightning. And so the weapons are blue. Makes perfect sense, much more than if they were red or black or whatever. The only other effect that might fit would be the rainbow effect from the Aetherized Spear, but I imagine that would garner even more complaints (and would probably be too similar to Bifrost).

Variety is good and I’m not arguing against the fact that there are already plenty of blue-based particle effect weapons, but fitting the setting is just as important, arguably moreso even. Having red glowing weapons associated with the Aetherblades would be like having water weapons associated with the Molten Alliance (well, maybe not quite that strange, but still).

Blue glow... AGAIN?!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Except for the people who dedicate resources to creating weapon skins. Suddenly they have to work on dye channels and all that stuff to make weapons dyeable. It’s more work to have weapons that can be dyed and that’s why they didn’t repeat that feature from GW1 (even in GW1 you couldn’t dye particle effects anyway).

I don’t see how this would be any more difficult than changing the color on a set of armor the only difference is particle effects. They could go two routes, one being that you can only dye the weapon base, and not the effects this would be pretty nice in itself.

I suspect that dyeing particle effects would require more resources which is why this wasn’t done in GW1, but they have already taken steps to tone down the flashy effects in battle for GW2 and computer processing power has come a long way since GW1 so to me this seems doable.

I am no programmer by any means but it just seems odd that you can dye just about everything else on your character but the back piece and the weapons. I suppose it could be just too hard to do.

It’s also strange that weapons (and I believe back pieces) aren’t affected by culling when a character loads the base model place holder. You would think they would just load base weapon models too.

But now I am getting off topic. There are a lot of Blue weapons out there like OP is saying, thematic elements aside I agree that they could pick some different colors for the weapons and their particle effects. Red for example is a popular color and you can only get red from SE or COE token rewards.

(edited by MastaNeenja.1537)

Blue glow... AGAIN?!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

Having red glowing weapons associated with the Aetherblades would be like having water weapons associated with the Molten Alliance (well, maybe not quite that strange, but still).

Yeah, i mean, imagine someone named “Scarlet” having a red weapons set? lol

To be fair, the aetherblade holograms are red. We get the blue holo wings, holo kitten wings, SAB backpack, Asura armor, SAB weapons, etc, because the asura have the blue glow aesthetic. Scarlet (as in the color red…) could just as easily have a different color.

Blue glow... AGAIN?!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

No plaid glows yet? Darn.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Blue glow... AGAIN?!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

I think what the topic poster is saying is that taking the Nightmare weapons, turning the purple to blue and adding some glow to them is rather lackluster for an alleged “new” set of weapons.

The Molten Alliance got a neat weapon set showing the fusion of their technology, Southsun had it’s own new weapons, and Dragon Bash as well the Aetherblades had their own skin sets as well, along with the champion loot update bringing some new exotics and previously unavailable skins.

They could’ve done more, like taking elements of the Nightmare and Aetherblade weapons and fusing them together like they did to make the Fused weapons.

Blue glow... AGAIN?!

in Twilight Assault

Nilkemia.8507

Having red glowing weapons associated with the Aetherblades would be like having water weapons associated with the Molten Alliance (well, maybe not quite that strange, but still).

Yeah, i mean, imagine someone named “Scarlet” having a red weapons set? lol

To be fair, the aetherblade holograms are red. We get the blue holo wings, holo kitten wings, SAB backpack, Asura armor, SAB weapons, etc, because the asura have the blue glow aesthetic. Scarlet (as in the color red…) could just as easily have a different color.

Panzer’s got a point. Red nightmare weapons could’ve fit better with Scarlet meddling in Twilight Arbor now.

I’ve noticed that the asuran aesthetic seems to revolve around blue (for most asuran tech), red (Inquest tech) and purple(Peacemaker weapon skins and the holo-control panels in asuran architecture), with some occasional green and yellow (certain golems they use).

While I like blue, it’s being a bit overused right now.

Blue glow... AGAIN?!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

What would you prefer:

• A fire particle effect like the fused weaponkittenhe Flame Legion weaponkittenhe CoF weaponkittenhe CoF armour or the Hellfire skins?

The only other blue glow I can think of (and it appearkitteno be dramatically different from the Aetherised Nightmare weapons) ikittenhe one on the AC weapons and Cobolt.

A red glow, like this:

Yes I like that edit…

You sir deserve a cookie.

Blue glow... AGAIN?!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I think what the topic poster is saying is that taking the Nightmare weapons, turning the purple to blue and adding some glow to them is rather lackluster for an alleged “new” set of weapons.

The Molten Alliance got a neat weapon set showing the fusion of their technology, Southsun had it’s own new weapons, and Dragon Bash as well the Aetherblades had their own skin sets as well, along with the champion loot update bringing some new exotics and previously unavailable skins.

They could’ve done more, like taking elements of the Nightmare and Aetherblade weapons and fusing them together like they did to make the Fused weapons.

That would be cool. Maybe like that will be in the black lion chests instead of the dungeon itself though.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Blue glow... AGAIN?!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

What would you prefer:

A red glow, like this:

OMFG IS THAT A REAL WEAPON!?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/twilight/Can-we-have-dark-Red-Plant-weapons/first#post2926888

RED PLANTS LIKE ABOVE PLEASE!

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Blue glow... AGAIN?!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I dislike the blue too. I would prefer more neutral colors, black, grey, white, etc so they are easier to match with armor dyes of all colors.

Blue glow... AGAIN?!

in Twilight Assault

Daecollo.9578

I dislike the blue too. I would prefer more neutral colors, black, grey, white, etc so they are easier to match with armor dyes of all colors.

Yeah, but we have so many cool blue weapons already.

Blue glow... AGAIN?!

in Twilight Assault

Nilkemia.8507

That would be cool. Maybe like that will be in the black lion chests instead of the dungeon itself though.

And that’s what troubles me. More RNG instead of actually earning them, meaning if I really want to get it, I might as well buy it off the Trading Post just to be sure.

Blue glow... AGAIN?!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

The color of “nightmare” is black with yellow to green lines and purple glow.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Blue glow... AGAIN?!

in Twilight Assault

Daecollo.9578

The color of “nightmare” is black with yellow to green lines and purple glow.

There is no “color” of Nightmare, its just mostly not bright but darker colors.

Blue glow... AGAIN?!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

The only other effect that might fit would be the rainbow effect from the Aetherized Spear, but I imagine that would garner even more complaints (and would probably be too similar to Bifrost).

You mean like celestial ascended weapons?

Blue glow... AGAIN?!

in Twilight Assault

Daecollo.9578

Why can’t Nightmare weapons just be dark/red with a wilted looking appearance?

No shiny particle effects.. just a pretty dark red trail.

Blue glow... AGAIN?!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: SuperSpicyCurry.2415

SuperSpicyCurry.2415

Even though it’s just a recolor of an old weapon set at least it’s not more firey 12-yr old crap

Blue glow... AGAIN?!

in Twilight Assault

Daecollo.9578

Even though it’s just a recolor of an old weapon set at least it’s not more firey 12-yr old crap

I just want dark toned weapons.

Blue glow... AGAIN?!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Looking at the pictures they released, it doesn’t really look like blue to me.
It looks like mix of blue and green.
I can only really compare it to something like ‘deep glacial teal’. If you preview that colour, you’ll see what I mean. Maybe there’s other colours that do the trick as well, but that one best brought it out on my character (probably has to do with the high-contrast stuff they introduced through RNG dyes).

Blue glow... AGAIN?!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Deim Hunir.8503

Deim Hunir.8503

This is somewhat disapointing in the sense that I was hoping to be able to dye my weapons someday and now I am not sure at all if that will ever happen.
You know cause it’s not always easy to make skins match with your armours. Yes I can redye the armour to match the weapon skin but then it might not fit my character anymore and it’s just annoying and drives me into some sort of OCD dying my armour over and over till I’m frustrated and in the end I simply don’t end up using certain weapon skins simply because the colour doesn’t work out which is a shame.

(edited by Deim Hunir.8503)

Blue glow... AGAIN?!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: natsos.3692

natsos.3692

What would you prefer:

He wants ANet to invent a new color!

Natsos, Necromancer
Officer of Spartians GR[SPGR]
Gandara EU

Blue glow... AGAIN?!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

I don’t care about the color if the weapon itself looks like it couldn’t cut through a wet newspaper.

That said, weapon dyes please.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Blue glow... AGAIN?!

in Twilight Assault

Daecollo.9578

Did you see the Dark Red sword someone posted above? HIRE HIM ANET!

Blue glow... AGAIN?!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

I don’t care about the color if the weapon itself looks like it couldn’t cut through a wet newspaper.

That said, weapon dyes please.

Won’t ever happen. That would remove so many of the weapon “variants” (recolors) we have now. Don’t get me wrong, I would love it. Won’t happen though.

Blue glow... AGAIN?!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I think the point is that instead of reskins with a glow, to actually design completely new weapons.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Blue glow... AGAIN?!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

inb4 halloween patch and thread with title “green glow again?”

cannot please everyone, but if you could dye your weapons or weapons’ effects then you could please a vast majority and cut down on some of these complaints.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Blue glow... AGAIN?!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Yeah, but we have so many cool blue weapons already.

That’s the point.

Blue glow... AGAIN?!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Particles are horrid on all weapons/armours anyway.

Blue glow... AGAIN?!

in Twilight Assault

Daecollo.9578

Wish they would of made some of the weapons .. Red?