CAN WE PLEASE CHANGE Leader leaves party

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Banquetto.9521

Banquetto.9521

The party leader, (should call it host rather) is the one who opens the dungeon and hosts it for the entire party. The only way of opening the explorable paths is by sending someone who has cleared story mode, which I think is very reasonable. Sadly this is not like WoW party system, you can’t transfer the host to one character to another.
Understanding this is very important before complaining about the issue.

Yes, we understand perfectly well that this is how it works now. That is why there is this thread asking that it be changed so it works differently.

I jumped in half a dozen LFG dungeons on the weekend. All went pretty well except for one. We wiped a few times (three I think) on the cave troll in AC, most of the group had pretty good spirits and were ready to try again, but one player was fed up and ragequit. That one player was the leader, hence, group dissolved, everyone booted out.

This is not good. It should not work like this. If the party leader quits the group, leadership should be transferred.

Note: obviously you can see a mild exploit here – a group of people, none of whom had done a story mode dungeon, could get into an explorable by having a player “open” it for them as leader, then quit as soon as they were in, to be replaced by the 5th player. To avoid this, the transfer of leadership could only go to an eligible player; if nobody was eligible, then the group could be dissolved as it is now.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: WilliamDaBloody.2591

WilliamDaBloody.2591

Yes, this needs to be changed. It is very annoying and has been since a year if you pug.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: PlatypusRex.3428

PlatypusRex.3428

+1 provided some time lapse. IE: after 5 min if host leaves it stays open, etc. Only time lapse if A-net’s fear is people opening dungeons for those who didn’t do story yet and then leaving.

I personally don’t see the big deal, but I imagine this system is trying to prevent what I reference.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: The Eternal Grace.3157

The Eternal Grace.3157

Yeah, I agree…although this hasn’t happened to me with this dungeon, there still needs to be some sort of host migration mechanic.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Newman.6847

Newman.6847

I only run guild parties as a rule and even then this is an issue. Not because someone’s a jerk, but because someone dc’s. With the large number of dc’s knocking people out these past days — boy was yesterday’s Teq fight on TC given extra adrenaline by wondering who would get to stay in the fight the whole time — the nicest instance host in the world with the best connection could still get booted by the game and wreck everyone’s run.

No, he couldn’t, as that is not how it works. The one who hosted can dc all he wants, as long as he doesn’t leave the party and the others are still online, the instance will be preserved and nobody will be kicked. The only thing you can’t do when you host is physically leave the party. So when you pug, keep track of who entered / if not you / and remind that person what will happen if they leave.
Also, Tequatl is not an instanced event, and has nothing to do with the subject at hand.