So I've used 2 aether keys.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Shelledfade.6435

Shelledfade.6435

..and got 1 GREEN item out of each aether chest. Lol.

Why would I go through that much hassle again for such crap rewards?

(edited by Shelledfade.6435)

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

I thought people went into dungeons because they were challenging and fun.

/sarcasm

Because we know Guild Wars 2 dungeons are neither challenging nor fun.

(edited by Azure Prower.8701)

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

Is this why they dropped from 20s to 3 in a day?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: matoxx.7023

matoxx.7023

Is this why they dropped from 20s to 3 in a day?

That’s because there is much more supply after 1 day.
I guess the chests are mainly for the achievements.

in Twilight Assault

Shelledfade.6435

people do this in mmo’s?

Listen, while I agree that’s part if it most people and myself included go in it for the loots. When there isn’t any loots other than dungeon tokens, why bother doing it if its tedious and long and has the same reward as easier and shorter paths (aka tokens).

This is a really good game but when it comes to rewarding players with loot ANET doesn’t have a clue what to do.

If you’re gonna put out content that is challenging, then you better reward people for doing it (other than just a silly back item), or most people are only going to do it once or twice and then never do it again.

Why do you think diablo 3 failed as hard as it did? (there are many reasons) but the biggest one is because it was challenging and yet it didn’t reward its players. Nobody want’s to do challenging content for little or no epic loots. That’s what these games are all about, so when you add hard content to the game but drop the ball on the loots, nobody is gonna freaking do the content because its not worth it. These are the fundamental facts of any RPG/MMO.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

My heart just got all warm now. I’ve been selling key parts for the last 3 days. The price was ranging from 21 s to 7 s. I sold like 50.

Ah… feels so good that some people will never learn and/or will want everything at day one! Keep at it my herd!

Ps.: Diablo3 failed for many other reasons btw. Mainly because it sucked hard But that’s another topic.

(edited by Bubi.7942)

in Twilight Assault

Shelledfade.6435

My heart just got all warm now. I’ve been selling key parts for the last 3 days. The price was ranging from 21 s to 7 s. I sold like 50.

Ah… feels so good that some people will never learn and/or will want everything at day one! Keep at it my herd!

Ps.: Diablo3 failed for many other reasons btw. Mainly because it sucked hard But that’s another topic.

No doubt. but mainly it was cuz the of the loot. So I feel like that applied to this in sort of the same context, which is true technically.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

No good answer for that. I wouldn’t either.

No. I did it for the skins/stats I wanted, and I’m very certain I’m not alone on that.

(edited by Nilkemia.8507)

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

and get reward

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

in Twilight Assault

Shelledfade.6435

and get reward

^

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Donnach Donnchadha.7864

Donnach Donnchadha.7864

Yeah, I don’t really care for the loot. I ran the Molten weapons facility cause it was hella fun, I’ve completed the personal quest for the story. I tried and failed teq because it was challenging, and I’ve played through TA because its intriguing.
Loot is not an effective motivator to play content. Yes, the keys don’t give you much of a reward, but it also takes next to no effort to get them.
Also D3 failed because of poorly implemented UI, poor multi-player systems, and the RMT. Loot is ancillary to the game but is not the mainstay of it.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

I go for the loot, challenge, experience of a story, and skins.
Though for most games the latter two take priority for me.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Twilight Assault

Shelledfade.6435

Yeah, I don’t really care for the loot. I ran the Molten weapons facility cause it was hella fun, I’ve completed the personal quest for the story. I tried and failed teq because it was challenging, and I’ve played through TA because its intriguing.
Loot is not an effective motivator to play content. Yes, the keys don’t give you much of a reward, but it also takes next to no effort to get them.
Also D3 failed because of poorly implemented UI, poor multi-player systems, and the RMT. Loot is ancillary to the game but is not the mainstay of it.

Only a very small minority share the same opinion as you. People that are willing to do hard challenging content expect an equally worthy reward for taking the time to participate in it. It is to be expected in games that revolve around loot, it is to be expected in any mmo.

When little or no reward is given, people will not do the content, and it makes the time that the developers spent on it a complete waste. I feel bad for the developers who created this content, truly I do.

Whoever is in charge of rewards and loot should be replaced/fired. They are making the game terrible.

…and I’m still waiting to be able to craft precursor ANET. If it doesn’t come by the end of this year I’m quitting the game, I’ll give my 400+ gold that I’ve been saving to some random newb so it won’t be a total loss at least, maybe they can aspire to spend 800g on dusk, but I won’t, I’m not gonna do it on principles alone. It’s completely broken gameplay.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Morbridae.8607

Morbridae.8607

:OOO No “kitten”?

Morbridae (Norn Necromancer)
@ Sorrow’s Furnace (VE)

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Morbridae.8607

Morbridae.8607

Only a very small minority share the same opinion as you. People that are willing to do hard challenging content expect an equally worthy reward for taking the time to participate in it.

Though question… :-s I play for the sake of it, to spend a good time and some laughs with my friends, and to enjoy a good story. BUT I also hope to get some nice items, time to time.

Sincerelly, I do prefer to don’t get anything instead of get a white-blue item on a very difficult dungeon. :-s It feels like if I entered the final evil castle of doom, killed the boss, and then get out with a tin fork, just as a souvenir.

If it doesn’t come by the end of this year I’m quitting the game, I’ll give my 400+ gold that I’ve been saving to some random newb

o/

Morbridae (Norn Necromancer)
@ Sorrow’s Furnace (VE)

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

I admire you for your honesty and delivery.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

10 chests and nothing but greens, everyone I’ve been with get the same type of loot. This is going to sounds negative; Can you put better loot in chests? Raise the drop rate on rares from these chests please, something. Greens, even with luck are still worthless.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

All I’ve gotten is greens

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: soakman.7539

soakman.7539

“Why do you think diablo 3 failed as hard as it did? (there are many reasons) but the biggest one is because it was challenging and yet it didn’t reward its players. "

I stopped here. Diablo III was not challenging until you beat the game twice. That’s why it failed for me. I see no point “grinding” for shiny loot if I know I’m going to get bored and drop the game. Heck, I couldn’t even play through with a different class. It was literally just an auto-attack clickfest…for the entire game. And then they asked you to do it two more times before it was hard.

in Twilight Assault

Shelledfade.6435

“Why do you think diablo 3 failed as hard as it did? (there are many reasons) but the biggest one is because it was challenging and yet it didn’t reward its players. "

I stopped here. Diablo III was not challenging until you beat the game twice. That’s why it failed for me. I see no point “grinding” for shiny loot if I know I’m going to get bored and drop the game. Heck, I couldn’t even play through with a different class. It was literally just an auto-attack clickfest…for the entire game. And then they asked you to do it two more times before it was hard.

yeah it had a lot of problems but the point remains that the effort wasn’t worth the reward which applies to ANET’s content updates. Teq wasn’t worth it, this new aether path isn’t worth it. The effort isn’t worth the reward, because the reward is nonexistent.

it is a waste of development time. I’d rather have them work on something worthwhile like having us be able to craft our precursors instead of gambling for them or spending 800g.

instead they are releasing worthless content that is difficult and offers no reward. Complete WASTE of time and effort.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

yeah it had a lot of problems but the point remains that the effort wasn’t worth the reward which applies to ANET’s content updates. Teq wasn’t worth it, this new aether path isn’t worth it. The effort isn’t worth the reward, because the reward is nonexistent.

it is a waste of development time. I’d rather have them work on something worthwhile like having us be able to craft our precursors instead of gambling for them or spending 800g.

instead they are releasing worthless content that is difficult and offers no reward. Complete WASTE of time and effort.

Every one of those encounters you mentioned has chance to reward you with very rare and valuable reward. Like tequatl mini, or new aetherized skins. Thing is, its rare and thats why its valuable.

Just because finnaly there is content that actually demands from player to play game and put in some effort instead going on autopilot it should reward us with mother of all loot. NO, this game has spoiled players beyond repair already it has to stop at some point.

That worthless content is content that has been missing since start and many people waited long time for it. If you dont like it ignore it. Just because you want easy content with greasy loot, doesnt mean that content which is bit more harder shouldn’t exist. Some people like challenge for sake of it, not because it should reward better than easier stuff.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Getting worthwhile rewards is fun

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

F/U was pretty challenging…
CM was always pretty fun (but not rewarding … hence being empty now)
P2 Catacombs is now challenging after its rebuild.
P3 Cats was always fairly fun and challenging… (but mostly, it’s now the fastest)

This new path however… is none of those.
It might utilize Positioning in an engaging way … but it’s not balanced for fun teamwork
It’s a lot more like Simin in P4 actually… Requiring a lot of optimized hoop-jumping for what is ultimately a less engaging encounter, and definitely LESS reward for time put in.

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

lol… that’s cute

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Holy Whirlwind.2067

Holy Whirlwind.2067

Tequatl is worth it now (after the patch). I have seen lots of people getting ascended chests, exotics, and minis. I personally got a mini Tequatl the other night and an exotic sword.

I sold all my key segments for 30s at the time…except for a set that I made for the achievement.

(edited by Holy Whirlwind.2067)

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

Your statement contradicts itself.

Are you Shpongled?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Opc.4718

Opc.4718

Wow you people are brainwashed into thinking getting rewarded is “fun”. It’s not. The rewards are entirely worthless virtual pixels. You play games to experience the game and have fun. That’s what games are for. Ultimately you will leave the game and all these rewards become worthless. The only thing valuable you get out of it is the experience itself. Sure it’s nice to be rewarded since it contributes to the game experience, but now it feels like people are demanding rewards to be handed to them on a silver platter for the most superficial things.

This is exactly what gambling addicts are like, they are addicted to the promise of getting rewarded, even though the reward ends up being worthless compared to the time/money invested into it.

Don’t fall into this trap, play the game for the sake of the game, not for the “rewards”, otherwise you’ll find yourself disappointed with the hollow experience and wondering why you bothered in the first place.

Kehlirixx Q | Nixx Q | Classic Bunker

(edited by Opc.4718)

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Well bless your heart.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: DeathMetal.8264

DeathMetal.8264

d3 failed, coz of Jay Wilson. Plus, I left coz they keep nerfing my DH and keeps buffing Barb.

p.s.
in terms of sales, d3 rocks. but personally, d3 is the game that killed the franchise for me

Lv80 Thief |Mesmer |Necromancer|Ranger|Guardian|Warrior|Elementalist|Engineer
[Aeon of Wonder]
Maguuma Server

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Wow you people are brainwashed into thinking getting rewarded is “fun”. It’s not. The rewards are entirely worthless virtual pixels. You play games to experience the game and have fun. That’s what games are for. Ultimately you will leave the game and all these rewards become worthless. The only thing valuable you get out of it is the experience itself. Sure it’s nice to be rewarded since it contributes to the game experience, but now it feels like people are demanding rewards to be handed to them on a silver platter for the most superficial things.

This is exactly what gambling addicts are like, they are addicted to the promise of getting rewarded, even though the reward ends up being worthless compared to the time/money invested into it.

Don’t fall into this trap, play the game for the sake of the game, not for the “rewards”, otherwise you’ll find yourself disappointed with the hollow experience and wondering why you bothered in the first place.

Actually, getting rewarded is fun. Why do think slot machines are so popular? It’s the dopamine.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

You do something once or twice for the fun or challenge. After that, you’ve had your share of it and it becomes repetitive.
Loot and reward is what keeps people motivated to do the exact same content more then once or twice.

Without a proper effort/reward-ratio you’re content will be ignored pretty fast. Just look at what happend with other dungeon paths since launch.
Where certain paths in explorable dungeons were rarely run because their difficult/length was not proportionate to their reward.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

Ironically the “difficulty” is part of why content like dungeons become repetitive. Once you ratchet the lethality potential up to a certain level, you have to make it learn-able, and thus static and predictable.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

Biggest problem is that Anet thinks those greens, rares are good reward if they will give us more then one. But they are wrong. Blues, greens and rare are just salvage trash. No matter how many we get. It will never be usefull enough for hard content reward. Easy content provide enough of this garbage, why would i do hard content for it? Just for comparison: I can do CoF1 and have same reward as it is for killing tequatl, even after update and ascended drop is still to low to rely on it.
It is always the same. This new path is no exception.
We will never have good rewards until they realize that Blues – rares are no ,,sweet sweet loot"
If i need ectos or essence of luck i will farm gold or do some easy content for it. But looting this trash from something that is supposed to be challenging is weird.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

people do this in mmo’s?

Listen, while I agree that’s part if it most people and myself included go in it for the loots. When there isn’t any loots other than dungeon tokens, why bother doing it if its tedious and long and has the same reward as easier and shorter paths (aka tokens).

This is a really good game but when it comes to rewarding players with loot ANET doesn’t have a clue what to do.

If you’re gonna put out content that is challenging, then you better reward people for doing it (other than just a silly back item), or most people are only going to do it once or twice and then never do it again.

Why do you think diablo 3 failed as hard as it did? (there are many reasons) but the biggest one is because it was challenging and yet it didn’t reward its players. Nobody want’s to do challenging content for little or no epic loots. That’s what these games are all about, so when you add hard content to the game but drop the ball on the loots, nobody is gonna freaking do the content because its not worth it. These are the fundamental facts of any RPG/MMO.

it’s not just one place or one dungeon, the loot across the board seemed to have been nerfed along with our magic find.

After finally getting my MF up a bit I found I was getting less “bad” loot (not salable on the BLTP) but still far more than I was ever getting before magic find was taken from us and replaced with this garbage and time consuming quest to replace what was there in the first place.

Bad loot; crumbling bones, broken lockpicks, GRAVEL, is ridiculous, totally ridiculous. Especially when one’s magic find is a 76% base and even higher with mf food.

The lack of a decent loot algorithm is kicking this games tail end.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: zeromius.1604

zeromius.1604

and get reward

What could be more rewarding than the sense of accomplishment for completing difficult content?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: yoshoken.9432

yoshoken.9432

What could be more rewarding than the sense of accomplishment for completing difficult content?

Well, thats sort of the problem. I’ve completed it once (after 1 failed attempt), and have no reason to go back after obtaining my new backpiece. If the chests gave better chances at the weapon skins or similar rewards, I would do it again.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

People, in MMO, mostly, only do rewarding content. Why do you think so many people farmed pav/invasions? So many people ran cof p1 millions of times? So many people champ train frostgorge or the arah event?

If you’re not going to make something equally rewarding for the time put in, people will just abandon it. At the same time, you also can’t be creating content so largely based on RNG factors and have a MAJORITY of skins be linked to gold acquisition.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I thought it was for the achievement points. XD

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

It’s also not ‘difficult thru challenging fun’.
It’s ‘difficult thru frustration & stupidity’.

It’s going to take hours to learn. If leader DC or quits, your all kicked.
You won’t want overlapping condition based players. Ya’ll want 1 ‘support’. So using LFG is even more of a gamble.
Again from what I hear, there’s stupidly frustrating things like ‘slime’. Easy with players that can play well together/have ‘VOIP’ of some sort, have the right buttons-spec to do it. What happened to the promise of Mumble or some sort of VOIP being built into the game, so you can do the content with pugs?

Then, yeh rewards… Look at the rewards for say Frost Champ Farming. Brain dead, auto-attack combat. More rewards in 3 mins than this gives in 3 hours of ‘challenging content’. What was the ‘average drop time’ for Teq’s pretty weapons? Kill it every day for around 3 years?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

Too many people love RNG but hate to admit it.

I’ve opened about 10 Aether Chests and got nothing but greens. Certainly not received the only item anyone really wants.

I don’t care though, on this occasion, as they are buy-able on the Trading Post. Thank god they chose not to account bind them.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: imaginary.6241

imaginary.6241

Loot is ancillary to the game but is not the mainstay of it.

Er? Did you ever play Inferno Mode? The drops were absolute bullkitten and unless you were best geared (which only drops in Inferno Mode itself) you had pretty low chances to ever finish it.

Solution: Buy Maxstat Items for a horrible amount of Gold or real Money (up to a few hundred bucks) or farm for weeks till for about 5-10% game progression. Horrible Loot was the main reason for it ’s fall – not the RMT or the AH itself. The missing PvP might play a part of it as well thought …

Klakk Bumm. One of the Leaders of TxS, the European Tequatl Slayer Alliance.
Click to apply for Daily EU Tequatl Kills here
My Guides: xPvP Mighty Stealth Bomber

(edited by imaginary.6241)

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Kerishan.8460

Kerishan.8460

WTF man why i have to demonstrate something to someone?! I’m not. I go only for reward.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

WTF man why i have to demonstrate something to someone?! I’m not. I go only for reward.

Read his spoiler :-)

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

next you’re all gonna tell me you all go to work 8-12 hours a day for free because its challenging and fun .

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

It’s also not ‘difficult thru challenging fun’.
It’s ‘difficult thru frustration & stupidity’.

It’s going to take hours to learn. If leader DC or quits, your all kicked.
You won’t want overlapping condition based players. Ya’ll want 1 ‘support’. So using LFG is even more of a gamble.
Again from what I hear, there’s stupidly frustrating things like ‘slime’. Easy with players that can play well together/have ‘VOIP’ of some sort, have the right buttons-spec to do it. What happened to the promise of Mumble or some sort of VOIP being built into the game, so you can do the content with pugs?

Then, yeh rewards… Look at the rewards for say Frost Champ Farming. Brain dead, auto-attack combat. More rewards in 3 mins than this gives in 3 hours of ‘challenging content’. What was the ‘average drop time’ for Teq’s pretty weapons? Kill it every day for around 3 years?

wich brings us to another problem Anet will rather nerf the Champ or monster farming instead of simply improving dungeon/field boss/instance rewards.

i cant even play for half the time i used to when t he game came out simply because every effort put into the game seems worthless killing my mood .

its not a matter of wanting loot for not doing anything its a matter of being tossed into a war site forced all the way through it and then being given a pat on your back and a lollipop as reward for enduring hell and then being kicked into some more action.

(edited by Rezzet.3614)

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

I dont get those keys,they drop everywhere and cost now less than 1s,you could just have the chest unlocked if the key should just cost 5silver now few coopers soon…

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

They should take a hint from Borderlands 2, loot practically falls from the sky. There’s a nice article that one of their designers posted about loot and monster types, Anet should read up on that.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: ESKan.6782

ESKan.6782

For all the buildup in the collecting key parts I certainly expected something more impressive to be in those chests.

[PD] – Far Shiverpeaks.
Nameless Inversion/Ascension/Evasion/Ruination/Impression/Perdition/Compassion/Tactician
Guild Wars 2 will be an amazing game when it’s finished. Compare Prophecies to EotN!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Etybagig.6012

Etybagig.6012

I actually just got a yellow out of one of the aether chests. I’ve opened about 12 only.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I play dungeons and such to have fun, but it sure would be nice to get some pretty and shiny pixels out of all of my hard work at the end of the day. That’s why I like content with good reward schemes and dislike content with poor reward schemes.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!