TA F/U path is being removed

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

The new level 80 path is going to replace the current F/U path in TA (arguably the least popular because of the final encounter). Apparently more permanent content means sometimes existing content will be replaced.

The F/U path had it’s issues but there were some good things about it:

• Water spouts break up the monotony.
  • The husks had a unique mechanic (bees) that was slightly different (admittedly not very challenging but it was something new to deal with).
  • Vevina was actually decently challenging.
  • Unlike the new path it gave lower level characters an additional option. Now you have to be level 80 to do all three paths.
  • Unlike the new path the old ones focused and expanded on the characterisation of the Nightmare Court and their conflict with the sylvari (the story itself wasn’t that interesting or unique).

I’m sure there are a lot of great things about the new path but I don’t understand why they have to come at the expense of the old one.

If you want to do TA F/U do it today. It’s gone tomorrow.

(edited by Shiren.9532)

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

According to Leif in the twitch stream today, the new dungeon path is replacing the forward/up (or is it up/up?) path from the dungeon. So I guess they’re ok with removing content from the game…

So if you haven’t done that path and want to, you better do it before tomorrows patch.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

I’m skeptical about that, yes F/U was a very annoying path, but not so much that it deemed being removed, just needed some tweaks really. Than again, I don’t know who Leif is.

in Twilight Assault

skullmount.1758

I’m skeptical about that, yes F/U was a very annoying path, but not so much that it deemed being removed, just needed some tweaks really. Than again, I don’t know who Leif is.

Well the stream is still going on, (near the end though I think).
http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2

Darkhaven server

in Twilight Assault

A Massive Headache.1879

yeah, the guy just confirmed it… wow. I’m upset now.

(edited by A Massive Headache.1879)

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Instead of temporary content we now get permanent content… that takes away other permanent content. =__=

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Reclusiarh.2674

Reclusiarh.2674

I see absolutely no reason to do that, besides a few kittens complaining about it being too hard, It’s like Anet are trying to dig themselves an even deeper grave :/

Guild wars should be war between orders, because orders are guilds too.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Well, people have been whining about the path more or less since release. And this is probably one of the best ways to fix it.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Reclusiarh.2674

Reclusiarh.2674

I see absolutely no reason to do that, besides a few kittens complaining about it being too hard, It’s like Anet are trying to dig themselves an even deeper grave :/

Guild wars should be war between orders, because orders are guilds too.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

Instead of temporary content we now get permanent content… that takes away other permanent content. =__=

Was going to come in and say this. This is just plain ridiculous. Anet promotes how they have added an expansions worth of content. While maybe the have added that much they have equally taken away that much content.

Im done with this crap. We need an official response from Colin. More then 3 months ago we were promised permanent content. This isnt what we wanted. We wanted actual real ADDITIONAL content that would persist.

I seriously think they are trying to kill this game before ESO comes out and crushes it.

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

in Twilight Assault

lordkrall.7241

Haven’t people also been complaining about the lack of world changing events?
Is this world changing event bad just because it touches a specific area you guys like?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

I love the fae theme in this game, and they seem to want to remove it all.

Sylvari is the ONLY reason I play gw2, don’t take this away from me.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

So if you haven’t done that path and want to, you better do it before tomorrows patch.

You don’t want to.

in Twilight Assault

Parisalchuk.9230

Is this world changing event bad just because it touches a specific area you guys like?

Its bad because they didnt need to remove content from the game to change the world.

In a game that is permanent content challenged, removing permanent content is generally a bad idea. Though its on a list of terrible ideas that make Daily Wars a pretty lack luster game in its current state.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Ugh, awesome… favorite path in TA is now gone… why do you need to remove it in order to add this new path? It makes NO sense… that thing better show up as a kittening fractal or something…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Twilight Assault

Daecollo.9578

It sounds like they are trying to remove every bit of interesting lore from the game..

in Twilight Assault

Parisalchuk.9230

It sounds like they are trying to remove every bit of interesting lore from the game..

Makes sense for a game that prefers its lore non existent or external to the game.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Kyrel.8942

Kyrel.8942

I thought people despised this path <.<

in Twilight Assault

Parisalchuk.9230

Even if most hated it what reason do they have to remove it? Just to kitten of the 1% that play it. Not to mention this sets a pretty frightening standard that any dungeon may lose a path for no real reason.

in Twilight Assault

lordkrall.7241

Indeed, people did.
But for some reason people seems to forget that when it is changed/removed

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Twilight Assault

Durzlla.6295

My two favorite fights in the dungeon (granted the last boss of the path became significantly harder than it needed to but it’s still doable with most groups) are now gone, awesome… I don’t see why the hell they need to remove this path in order to make room for the new one, it’s hardly a space issue.. And it’s cutting out some of the story for that instance which just sucks…

in Twilight Assault

Durzlla.6295

only people who don’t understand the encounter hate it, all my friends love the encounter after i taught them the mechanics for it (mostly the dodging the spider bombs when it shakes).

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

You think this is ‘world’ changing? You think this is what players want when they want to impact the world? TA is in a really bizarre place in that all three paths are mutually exclusive from a story perspective. Vevina is killed by Fyonna in Up path but in F/U path the party kills Fyonna themselves. Only one of the existing three paths can be canon (after tomorrow it will only be two paths) but the experience itself is different each path.

When players want to change the world, they want their actions to have a permanent impact. The removal of a path has nothing to do with player actions, it’s a developer decision that had nothing to do with the players. If player actions (or plot developments) result in a dungeon being altered, that’s more understandable (although it’s unnecessary to remove instanced content to evolve the world – instanced content can exist on any time line without impacting the rest of Tyria or the story’s ability to move forward) but removing existing content because you are adding more, that’s really hard to make sense of.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

This is ridicolous.

Period.

Stop doing temporary content for once, add some permanent one, players get some hope for seeing stuff added in the game finally…and now you come up saying that in order to put a new path you need to take away one of the old ones?

Seriously?

I’m speechless.

(i’m not arguing about the issues of TAFU – which are just pugbusting, so the path is actually fine – but the idea itself of taking away stuff is just…bah, i don’t even.)

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in Twilight Assault

Durzlla.6295

You think this is ‘world’ changing? You think this is what players want when they want to impact the world? TA is in a really bizarre place in that all three paths are mutually exclusive from a story perspective. Vevina is killed by Fyonna in Up path but in F/U path the party kills Fyonna themselves. Only one of the existing three paths can be canon (after tomorrow it will only be two paths) but the experience itself is different each path.

When players want to change the world, they want their actions to have a permanent impact. The removal of a path has nothing to do with player actions, it’s a developer decision that had nothing to do with the players. If player actions (or plot developments) result in a dungeon being altered, that’s more understandable (although it’s unnecessary to remove instanced content to evolve the world – instanced content can exist on any time line without impacting the rest of Tyria or the story’s ability to move forward) but removing existing content because you are adding more, that’s really hard to make sense of.

I can not agree more with your post, it’d be one thing if say, the area around TA got wiped out (nightmare court that is) and were replaced with Aehterblades THAT would be world changing, removing an instance path when you add another instance path? That’s not world changing, that’s just stupid.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Wow are they really getting rid of a path in a dungeon to put in a new one? Why? Is it criminal to have more than 3 paths in a dungeon? Arah might get jealous?

And here I got my hopes up that the idea of adding new paths to existing dungeons would be just as good as adding all new dungeons, but they surprised me by finding a way to screw that up.

I’ve done TA F/U it’s not that big of a deal, leave it alone

If they remove a path in one dungeon, now that means they will do it again later for a different dungeon. No thank you

(edited by MastaNeenja.1537)

in Twilight Assault

lordkrall.7241

Can’t we at least wait for the update?
It is quite possible that there is a in-game reason for this path to be removed (other than the fact that people clearly hated it)

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Twilight Assault

skullmount.1758

You don’t want to.

Already did it, quite a few months ago, so I don’t even remember it. I don’t usually redo any of the dungeons, except AC and thats only when its daily (either story or explorable). Arah (all paths) is the only dungeon I haven’t done yet.

Darkhaven server

in Twilight Assault

Daecollo.9578

Removed Tommarow
They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family. As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Lol Scarlet
Tick, tick, boom! These booms aren’t on a timer, but you know what I mean. | Have I mentioned how much I love explosives? – Scarlet Briar

in Twilight Assault

Durzlla.6295

Morrigu: Rest well, my darling, Leurent. War led you to this place, and may peace finally embrace you as I once did.

Morrigu: I will mourn my lost love later. Ahead if Fyonna. And her children. Spiders. So horrible. All their legs, crawling all over me…

Morrigu: We will stop Fyonna. All I ask is that if I falter in battle, you stand by my side. Don’t leave me to them.

Fyonna: Oh, my children. There it is.

Fyonna: Now, don’t worry about your mother. I won’t be different. Just stronger.

Morrigu: Fyonna, Countess of Spiders, stand away from the tree. I cannot let you claim Faolain’s prize.

Fyonna: But my children sing to me. Listen.

Fyonna: They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family. As their mother, I have to grant them their wish.

Fyonna is easily one of my favorite villains… if only i could play my ranger like her… hordes of little spiders crawling over my enemies… oh it’d be glorious…

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

F/U path was challenging but also more fun than the other two. The only problem with the path that people were complaining about was the boss fight itself. Why not change that instead of completely deleting the content? You did that with AC p2 even though NOBODY was complaining about that…

in Twilight Assault

Durzlla.6295

It is quite possible that there is a in-game reason for this path to be removed (other than the fact that people clearly hated it)

But there isn’t, all 3 of the paths use the same areas, they just use different sections of those areas, EX: In one path you go up a ramp that leads into a hallway, but in another path you go past the ramp and through a door that was closed and end up in the same hallway.

in Twilight Assault

skullmount.1758

Whats there to wait for? We know that they’re removing existing permanent content just to replace it with something else. It doesn’t really matter whether or not the new path is good or bad. Its the principle that Anet is setting. As someone else said above, this sets up the precedent for Anet to just randomly remove existing places and switch new unrelated content.

Darkhaven server

in Twilight Assault

Durzlla.6295

F/U path was challenging but also more fun than the other two. The only problem with the path that people were complaining about was the boss fight itself. Why not change that instead of completely deleting the content? You did that with AC p2 even though NOBODY was complaining about that…

This, the errors with the boss fight are blatantly obvious… they took the cap away for how many spiders can be spawned, and they made it so if you attack the boss itself ALL THE SPIDERS AGRO, those 2 changes alone made the boss nearly impossible for most groups…

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Who said they were replacing all three paths? Source?

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

This is ridicolous.

Period.

Stop doing temporary content for once, add some permanent one, players get some hope for seeing stuff added in the game finally…and now you come up saying that in order to put a new path you need to take away one of the old ones?

Seriously?

I’m speechless.

(i’m not arguing about the issues of TAFU – which are just pugbusting, so the path is actually fine – but the idea itself of taking away stuff is just…bah, i don’t even.)

Calm down. Seriously. The new path is permanent.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Twilight Assault

A Massive Headache.1879

This also concerns me for other dungeons. like Sorrow’s Embrace path 2, it’s not hard by any stretch, it’s just very much time consuming than the other paths, and while not wildly popular, the dredge are very much capable of having a story around, especially if looking at how they changed from guild wars 1 and guild wars 2.

in Twilight Assault

lordkrall.7241

But there isn’t, all 3 of the paths use the same areas, they just use different sections of those areas, EX: In one path you go up a ramp that leads into a hallway, but in another path you go past the ramp and through a door that was closed and end up in the same hallway.

I am fully aware about how TA works. I have done it quite a few times.
What I said was that there might be a reason for why F-U specifically was changed that will be explained in the release.
We also don’t know if they made other changes to the other paths as far as I have seen/heard.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Twilight Assault

Lucky.9421

Already did it, quite a few months ago, so I don’t even remember it. I don’t usually redo any of the dungeons, except AC and thats only when its daily (either story or explorable). Arah (all paths) is the only dungeon I haven’t done yet.

Arah has some interesting fights, but could be refined.

The end of F/U has these spiders that shoot poison blobs a the rate of a machine gun. I am convinced that the attack rate is some kind of bug because it looks ridiculous and does a hilariously out of character amount of damage.

People used to deal with it by simply not aggroing them and it was ridiculously easy, but there was update some months ago that changed their aggro(but not their attack rate). Now people chain reflects and zerker it down, but if you don’t have the right party for it, it will be hard.

To it being cut, I say:

Attachments:

in Twilight Assault

Daecollo.9578

This is ridicolous.

Period.

Seriously?

I’m speechless.

To bad it replaces one of THE MOST INTERESTING VILLAINS WE HAD IN THE GAME with another one.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family. As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Twilight Assault

Daecollo.9578

Arah has some interesting fights, but could be refined.

The end of F/U has these spiders that shoot poison blobs a the rate of a machine gun. I am convinced that the attack rate some kind of bug because it looks ridiculous and does a hilariously out of character amount of damage.

People used to deal with it by simply not aggroing them and it was ridiculously easy, but there was update some months ago that changed their aggro(but not their attack rate). Now people chain reflects and zerker it down, but if you don’t have the right party for it, it will be hard.

To it being cut, I say:

I hope Fyonna’s spiders eats you.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

And takes away something else.

After 10 months of LS temporary crap, no, that’s not acceptable imo.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in Twilight Assault

Lucky.9421

Fyonna is actually too easy. You shouldn’t be able to pull her out of that room, imo.

(edited by Moderator)

in Twilight Assault

Daecollo.9578

Fyonna is actually too easy. You shouldn’t be able to pull her out od that room, imo.

Fyonna is one of the most interesting and unique villains we have in GW2, and her winning is one of the best scenes in the entire game.

(edited by Moderator)

in Twilight Assault

lordkrall.7241

So, we have had months of people complaining about F-U, now they do something to address that issue.
And now people suddenly seems to think that F-U was the most awesome and perfect path ever.

ArenaNet really can’t win.
If they don’t change stuff people complain that the world is not changing and stuff is bad, boring and don’t get fixed.
If they do change stuff people complain that they fix stuff and that the bad, boring and unfixed stuff was good as it was.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Twilight Assault

Daecollo.9578

So, we have had months of people complaining about F-U, now they do something to address that issue.
And now people suddenly seems to think that F-U was the most awesome and perfect path ever.

ArenaNet really can’t win.
If they don’t change stuff people complain that the world is not changing and stuff is bad, boring and don’t get fixed.
If they do change stuff people complain that they fix stuff and that the bad, boring and unfixed stuff was good as it was.

I hatedkitten however I absolutely loved the lore around it. It deserved a better story and the Fae-Sylvari and the Courts deserve a better story. Did you ever STOP AND READ the dialogue they have in that story?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

ANet just love kicking us dungeoneers while we’re down. Not only do they not have a dungeon team, they’re actually removing a path.

GG ANet, why don’t you just stick Scarlet in Arah because why the **** not? You don’t give a toss about dungeons anyway.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

in Twilight Assault

Lucky.9421

Fyonna is one of the most interesting and unique villains we have in GW2, and her winning is one of the best scenes in the entire game.

Oh you meant F/U Fyonna. In that case, yes. Yes they did eat me.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Good riddance and burn forever you Awful vegetable maze from hell!

I just wish we could forget the BEEEEEEESSS!

in Twilight Assault

Durzlla.6295

Fyonna is actually too easy. You shouldn’t be able to pull her out od that room, imo.

They could fix that easily, just have webs go up around the door when she agros, then she’d be still pretty easy, but not ridiculously so.

(edited by Moderator)