Final score in Toypocalypse...?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Silver.9578

Silver.9578

What’s up with the final score in Toypocalypse? I’ve just worked my “rear end” off building defenses and repairing it non stop and that got me a score of 7 at the end. Someone else in our group who would stand around in between phases for 20+ seconds and do nothing but shoot enemies gets a score of 147. I’m not saying this person doesn’t deserve a high score, I’m just wondering why my effort makes me look like I did nothing at the end?

One could say “well, what does it matter?” and maybe that’s right, but it just gave me a bad feeling at the end because nobody wants to be at the bottom of a scoreboard especially if it’s undeservedly (imo).

in Wintersday

Posted by: Dra Keln.2015

Dra Keln.2015

Just flip the scoreboard upside down. Someone killing toys wasn’t building defenses and we all know thats how you win toypocalpse.

80 ele
Yaks Bend

in Wintersday

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

IMO the way the game is supposed to be played, good players will have sub 10 scores and the players who don’t know what they are doing and ran around with a pop gun will have high scores. I say sub 10 because you kind need to do some damage to toys at the start of a game and to toxx on occasion to bait her away from defences and you get a few points from that.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

So two shotting toys isnt useful? If noone shoots at the toys they have more chances to destroy the defenses.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Silver.9578

Silver.9578

So two shotting toys isnt useful? If noone shoots at the toys they have more chances to destroy the defenses.

That’s exactly NOT what I’ve said. The point of this thread was about the logic behind the scoreboard and how it’s unfair for those who build.

in Wintersday

Posted by: zbrkesbr.4173

zbrkesbr.4173

If would be ok if kills from defenses count for player that built/upgraded them. But they are not and thats why final score is messed up.

War doesn’t determine who is right, only who is left.

in Wintersday

Posted by: SolarNova.1052

SolarNova.1052

Just flip the scoreboard upside down. Someone killing toys wasn’t building defenses and we all know thats how you win toypocalpse.

Bassicaly what he siad

Flip the scoreboard.

I usualy come out with a score betwen 4 and 10 myself since, during the 1st wave atleast, u need to, at minimum, stun and knockback toys from the dolyaks whilst your limited defense chip away at them.

3930k 4.6ghz | NH-D14 Cooler | P9x79 Pro MB | 16gb 1866mhz G.Skill | 128gb SSD + 2×500gb HDD
EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ EK block | XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump | NexXxos Monsta 240 Rad
CM Storm Stryker case | Seasonic 1000W PSU | Asux Xonar D2X & Logitech Z5500 Sound system |

in Wintersday

Posted by: MagusShade.2358

MagusShade.2358

They should have made it so catapults/ballistas you built/upgraded gives you points when they kill things. That would encourage people to build defenses, AND show a more accurate scoreboard at the end.

in Wintersday

Posted by: conifur.2896

conifur.2896

Do you get something special if you score high?