Giftbox RNG

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Posted by: Bazookajoe.5624

Bazookajoe.5624

Seriously this is ridiculous, There is one guy who spent 75 dollars trying to get the 4 minis fromt he gift boxes and did not get 1. Why did Arenanet not just sell them in a 4 pack! This is beyoned unfair and goes against everything Arenanet has done with the gem store. I seriously hope people +1 this post so we can get Arenanet to put out a 4-pack sale for the minis. I refuse to spend money on RNG but will 100% spend money on the 4-pack!

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

This is beyoned unfair and goes against everything Arenanet has done with the gem store.

Sounds exactly like halloween, actually.

Are these the minis that you can make buy getting materials from the tixx dungeon without spending a dime, btw?

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Posted by: SeventhSon.8172

SeventhSon.8172

Spent 75 at halloween, never again buying gems. Had I gotten at least “something”, i would have been more inclined to buy gems again.

But never again.

That is all.

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Posted by: Giles Marchand.6970

Giles Marchand.6970

Except Halloween has a 3-pack of mini-pets…

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Posted by: morphemass.2850

morphemass.2850

+1

I bought 10 chests and got 2 mini’s so your friend got unlucky – however that is exactly the problem with RNG.

Minis should have been either tradable hence no need to buy the chests if this is all you want, or should have been via a pack.

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Posted by: Nemui.6753

Nemui.6753

don’t gamble if you don’t know the probabilities or you’re not satisfied with them.

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

This is beyoned unfair and goes against everything Arenanet has done with the gem store.

Are these the minis that you can make buy getting materials from the tixx dungeon without spending a dime, btw?

Actually, Halloween had a Halloween Mini-Pack that you could buy. It gave you all three minis, and then you could toss those minis in the Mystic Forge to get a “super” mini. There was no random/lottery for them. You could buy them straight up.

These new minis on the other hand, can only be obtained through the lottery chests. So someone could spend 100 dollars on lottery chests, and not get a single mini. Or alternatively, spend 100 dollars, and get 30 of the same exact mini. And they are account bound so you are stuck with those 30 duplicates, that you have to either bank or destroy since you can’t sell them.

They are talking about the minis from the Wintersday Lottery Chests in the gem store, not the ones from the new dungeon.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Posted by: angan.6572

angan.6572

why do people care so much about minis? They are just cosmetic nothing more :S

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

SpyderArachnid.5619

why do people care so much about minis? They are just cosmetic nothing more :S

You’re asking quite an odd question to a community who plays a game that revolves around collecting cosmetics. lol

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Posted by: Kurp.3207

Kurp.3207

I seriously hope people +1 this post so we can get Arenanet to put out a 4-pack sale for the minis. I refuse to spend money on RNG but will 100% spend money on the 4-pack!

Maybe next time. They can’t back out anymore when people have bought the minis already. It’d be an even bigger slap in the face for those players.

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

SpyderArachnid.5619

I seriously hope people +1 this post so we can get Arenanet to put out a 4-pack sale for the minis. I refuse to spend money on RNG but will 100% spend money on the 4-pack!

Maybe next time. They can’t back out anymore when people have bought the minis already. It’d be an even bigger slap in the face for those players.

The only plausible solution would be to make the minis able to be traded. Remove the account bound, and allow players to trade them.

Any other way would end up screwing over the players who already bought them.

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Posted by: Biglab.1732

Biglab.1732

i believe you may be wrong here i doubt he spent 75 dollars i believe you are exaggerating by A LOT i don’t believe you although i do wish they put the minis in a pack like Halloween in this event i feel as if i’m not being robbed at all its really enjoyable i had 200 gems left over from Halloween bought 2 boxes got a mini i was happy when i announced i got one a lot of other people said they got one too either your lying or this person has the worst luck in the world or you can just hate the gem store entirely and be making this up in hopes they get rid of it because i believe that this system is working the definatley improved. though id rather have the minis in a pack rather than a random.

PS. many of you are forgetting that Anet made it so by the end of the event you can make any 2 minis of the wintersday festival of your choice.

(edited by Biglab.1732)

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

SpyderArachnid.5619

i believe you may be wrong here i doubt he spent 75 dollars i believe you are exaggerating by A LOT i don’t believe you although i do wish they put the minis in a pack like Halloween in this event i feel as if i’m not being robbed at all its really enjoyable i had 200 gems left over from Halloween bought 2 boxes got a mini i was happy when i announced i got one a lot of other people said they got one too either your lying or this person has the worst luck in the world or you can just hate the gem store entirely and be making this up in hopes they get rid of it because i believe that this system is working the definatley improved. though id rather have the minis in a pack rather than a random.

You forget that it is all RNG based. While you and a few others might get one on your first or second try, others might not get one at all. You can’t base the entire drop rate off your own personal experience. It is purely luck based. And if the RNG system hates you, you won’t get one.

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Posted by: kuscheldrow.6415

kuscheldrow.6415

Well I got 30 boxes from the gemstore… >_<"
4 snowman pets, 1 miniature airship… and all I wanted was this freaky golem… and then, they’re not even tradeable, what I find quite sad, as we could have exchanged them for the ones we wanted.

And how are Quagganfans supposed to get their cuuuuute Quaggan if they do not have the cash to buy these boxes until(!) they have 3 minis? That’s sad too.

Trahearne <3

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Bazookajoe.5624

Well guess what bro it is true. Wheter you believe me or not I could rely care less, this is not about you, sorry to break your bubble. This is about the wintersday minis not being sold on the gem store in a 4-pack. RNG should never had revolved around 1 time only minis.

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Posted by: Voonith.2561

Voonith.2561

Bring back the Event Mini-Pet set in the GemStore please !!
This RNG event boxes for mini-pets is stupid. Halloween knew how to do it right.

I’m a GW2 fanboy and everything else about Wintersday so far has been marvelous and so on point, but this is preposterous.

All’s fair in love and Wuv.
[ART] Gate of Madness

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Posted by: nGelik.3129

nGelik.3129

+1 mate.
I spead 50 dollars for nothing, i feel scamed, they really needed put those minies in some pack like on hallowean, or make them farmable like in GW1.

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Posted by: Miflett.3472

Miflett.3472

I spent $20. That’s my threshold for being ripped off. I’ll still buy the items on the TP where I know what I’m getting after I get some holiday cash, but paying that type of cash for 30 in-game presents is terrible.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Posted by: Biglab.1732

Biglab.1732

Well guess what bro it is true. Wheter you believe me or not I could rely care less, this is not about you, sorry to break your bubble. This is about the wintersday minis not being sold on the gem store in a 4-pack. RNG should never had revolved around 1 time only minis.

you misunderstand i may not believe your story but you are right about the RNG minis that is the wrong direction for minis but it happened hopefully not again but they did it that way im only trying to give support to A net this is a new system for any MMO they got to test it it ll be rocky before it gets smooth lots of people are QQing and saying i quit over something that isn’t necessary

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

Yes please! waste more $$$ so arenet could give us more content <3 I love you!

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Bazookajoe.5624

you misunderstand i may not believe your story but you are right about the RNG minis that is the wrong direction for minis but it happened hopefully not again but they did it that way im only trying to give support to A net this is a new system for any MMO they got to test it it ll be rocky before it gets smooth lots of people are QQing and saying i quit over something that isn’t necessary

I have not heard anyone say, “I quit”. However if this is the direction of the gem store than maybe I should just give up on it all together as far as making purchases other than bank slot and bag slot expansion.

I would love to know who’s brilliant idea it was at arenanet to make the pets RNG.

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

SpyderArachnid.5619

Actually this system is far from new. The Lottery thing is something that has been a part of F2P games for awhile. They use these lottery items (though they are more P2W items instead of cosmetic) to suck money from their players. It is a gambler’s paradise. This is nothing new, as I said, F2P games have been doing this forever. Just sad to see this sort of system in a “AAA” MMO.

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Posted by: Moderator.3406

Moderator.3406

Some postings have been removed that are against the rules of the forum. Please use the ‘+1’ button to express your support of a specific posting.

Furthermore, please remember that constructive criticism is allowed, but we will remove all postings that are rude, trolling, insulting or the like.

(edited by Moderator.3406)

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Posted by: hungryhippos.4980

hungryhippos.4980

RNG with real money lol… It’s like Areanet hates money.

Ayra Bleu Wynd (80 Elementalist), Carly R Jepson (80 Thief), Six Inch Samurai (80 Guardian)
Sir Spanx Too Much (80 Warrior), Lanevo X (80 Necromancer), Miss Meryzia (40 Mesmer)

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Bazookajoe.5624

It appears my thread has returned after being deleted by the anet gods lol. Well let us rejoice and Call for a 4-pack mini

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Posted by: epicsmooth.7825

epicsmooth.7825

Actually, Halloween had a Halloween Mini-Pack that you could buy. It gave you all three minis, and then you could toss those minis in the Mystic Forge to get a “super” mini. There was no random/lottery for them. You could buy them straight up.

These new minis on the other hand, can only be obtained through the lottery chests. So someone could spend 100 dollars on lottery chests, and not get a single mini. Or alternatively, spend 100 dollars, and get 30 of the same exact mini. And they are account bound so you are stuck with those 30 duplicates, that you have to either bank or destroy since you can’t sell them.

They are talking about the minis from the Wintersday Lottery Chests in the gem store, not the ones from the new dungeon.

from what I read you could get the quag from the giant gifts at a low chance

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

It appears my thread has returned after being deleted by the anet gods lol. Well let us rejoice and Call for a 4-pack mini

It probably wasn’t ever deleted. This section is probably the most active in the forum at the moment and topics can move down the page very quickly.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Danikat.8537

from what I read you could get the quag from the giant gifts at a low chance

Do you remember where you read this?

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Posted by: Henqquli.5078

Henqquli.5078

Im not gonna buy a lottery ticket if I don’t win.

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Bazookajoe.5624

We want a holiday mini pack! I do not want to play the lottery to get something I should be able to acquire without stress.

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Posted by: Taiance.6213

Taiance.6213

Technically you’d never buy a ticket, because until you do you won’t ever win. But thanks for adding to the discussion and keeping the thread relevant. I think the point to take away for that post is that Anet won’t sell, as many, lotto boxes if the customer never wins.

A method they could use in future is the hook a duck method.

I buy boxes from the cash shop.
each Box has 1x random festive item & 1 golden ticket (potenially tradeable item)

Golden tickets are used to buy Skins and Mini’s or whatever they have at the time in the event.

Using current event as example. You open a box and have a chance at getting a Mini but if you don’t get the mini you wanted you also still get a golden ticket. 20 golden tickets (or pick a number) = 1 mini pet = happy customer who didn’t feel fully screwed with box after box containing junk they didn’t want.

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Danikat.8537

Technically you’d never buy a ticket, because until you do you won’t ever win. But thanks for adding to the discussion and keeping the thread relevant. I think the point to take away for that post is that Anet won’t sell, as many, lotto boxes if the customer never wins.

each Box has 1x random festive item & 1 golden ticket (potenially tradeable item)

Golden tickets are used to buy Skins and Mini’s or whatever they have at the time in the event.

Using current event as example. You open a box and have a chance at getting a Mini but if you don’t get the mini you wanted you also still get a golden ticket. 20 golden tickets (or pick a number) = 1 mini pet = happy customer who didn’t feel fully screwed with box after box containing junk they didn’t want.

Yeah I’d be happy with that.

I’d also be happy with them just making the minis unbound so I could buy them later on the TP.

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Posted by: Henqquli.5078

Henqquli.5078

Actually I think this was a nice move from ANET. Almost everybody loves quaggans, they put one in RNG box, with 3 other minis and some crap stuff you know = Great way getting money, because its so RNG also quaggan.
In player opinion, I didn’t like it too much. I had to buy like 60 chests to get all 3 pets and make one quaggan. Not to mention I have 2 golems and 2 flying robots in my bank.

Tl;dr : Great way to make money from bussiness view. Such a dissapointment from player view. But if we could buy what we want. (For example 4 minipet collection 1600 gems or something ) ANET wouldn’t make so much money.

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Posted by: sahand.9138

sahand.9138

i agree with the 4 pack but dont gamble if you cant afford to lose

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Posted by: Hilda Raven.8641

Hilda Raven.8641

The RNG is fine, used the 800 gems i had sitting in my account since halloween to buy 10 boxes, got 3 minis in them, as well as the unlimited hair thing going for 105 gold, dye kits and all kinds of things. And that was just 10, the only 10 ive bought.

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Posted by: Wahrheit.1839

Wahrheit.1839

I got 4 from 20 boxes. Seems pretty decent to me. Got my Quaggan. <3

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Posted by: Shayleen.8964

Shayleen.8964

I also wish they were put in a 4-pack. I would have gotten them then, but it’s a waste if you cannot trade them or exchange the duplicates anywhere and you’re stuck with 2 of the same kind, or worse, you spent too much money to get none.

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Bazookajoe.5624

Can we get a post from anet regarding the possibility for a mini pack like the halloween mini pack? Please

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Posted by: Blaaaaaaag.7480

Blaaaaaaag.7480

I just don’t understand what the big deal is. I’m not about to gamble on minis, and since they aren’t simply sold in a pack, then I shall not get them.

This isn’t something that makes me angry, or even disappoints me slightly.

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Bazookajoe.5624

because you obviously are not a completionist nor do you truley care about the “collection” concept for mini pet collecting. There is a large audience of fans who are really upset. Go troll somewhere else please.

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Bazookajoe.5624

Seriously though "Minis Pack GO GO

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Posted by: Hologramx.6402

Hologramx.6402

The problem with their RNG system is, it is something like 0 or 100. Either you get nothing or a lot. A good RNG is something that requires constant effort but only varies within a specific range. Suppose you need 100 tokens for a specific item and buying a gift box would always give you 10 to 50 tokens in random, that would be a reasonable system because you are guaranteed to get one within 10 tries and if you are lucky enough you need only 2 boxes to get it. While in current system, it is possible that you buy 10000 boxes and still get nothing because you share the randomizing factor with many others.

Current system is simply lottery or gamble. The infamous style in most Korean F2P MMOs. Now you know who runs the game. Well it is your choice after all.

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Bazookajoe.5624

its anets choice to give us no end game, the current endgame is completing things, and pet collection is an example of that. This is absurd.

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Bazookajoe.5624

Lets hear it for Mini pack!!!!

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Thank you for paying and keeping the game alive. I played for free until now after the 1-time-payment to buy the client/account.

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Posted by: Pillow.3296

Pillow.3296

I want to get all 3/4 minis also, but the idea of gambling real money…not going to happen. Please add 3-pack pls!!!

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Posted by: franks.1430

franks.1430

I really think that anet needs to about letting us sell the minis in so that you can get them all. Im not buying any of them whit gems. I might have bought some I could have sold them at a later date to make gold . just like the minis in guild wars one

(edited by franks.1430)

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Another solution would be to let you transform 3 of one pet in another one(+some 4th item to determine which of the other pets you get; item should be easy to obtain). You could still be lucky to get only the ones you need(and still need to get them from chests).

They still will make tons of money. Oh. And make them tradable at last day of event when enough people paid enough money ha ha. Then others can get them cheap and laugh at the ones that paid a lot.

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Posted by: Aaryk.9168

Aaryk.9168

I’m a bit surprised no one mentions that you are nearly guaranteed a mini if you participate in the dungeon a couple times… Not to mention it looks like you can then buy the mini for gems too (at least the ventari)
I understand that the rare ones from the box are awesome, but I found the drop rate rather high (even for RNG). Part of me can’t believe the people saying they opened over 30 and didn’t get one (by 30, I already had multiples of all of them except the lightbulb golem, and I’m normally not that lucky)… But that’s the RNG…
Unfortunately what can you do if you want to keep an item with any resemblance to a rarer item…? You can’t win… And apparently even if you put them in as extra treats (again, there are several non-RNG minis)… Still can’t win.
Just curious – can you use 3 of the toy makers minis to make the quaggan?

Giftbox RNG

in Wintersday

Posted by: Mordachai.1896

Mordachai.1896

I find it somewhat amusing to see how “outraged” people are. You spend money on something that you know only has a small chance of giving you what you want and then you get mad that you arent getting what you wanted to get.

Thats like going to vegas, blowing all your money at the blackjack table and then raging at the dealer for taking all your money.

You knew what you were spending your money on, dont be mad if you dont get what you want.

Also, keep in mind that this is day 1 of a 2 week event, those minipacks can still be added.

As for the “you could get 30 of the same mini’s”, you can put them in the mystic forge to make the quaggan.