New Mystic Forge Recipe for Extra Stuff. . .

in Wintersday

Posted by: Blackmoon.6837

Blackmoon.6837

Can we have a recipe to get rid of the extra account bound stuff we don’t want? I’m surprised you guys didn’t implement one like you did for the previous events.

It doesn’t even have to be a Wintersday Mystery Box. It could be a new chest containing items that are the same as the puzzle chest. Some karma and a random booster. Just a thought. . .

Attachments:

in Wintersday

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Ok, i’ll ask what people are thinking: Why on earth do you have these items, especially 2 Foostivoo’s?

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

in Wintersday

Posted by: Lacechan.6524

Lacechan.6524

Well the hats are a possible drop from the same boxes that give the minis and Foostivoo. Maybe while trying to obtain the three minis after making Foostivoo they got another Foostivoo?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Saturn L O L.1406

Saturn L O L.1406

Got same problem here,…

in Wintersday

Treeline.3865

Well the hats are a possible drop from the same boxes that give the minis and Foostivoo. Maybe while trying to obtain the three minis after making Foostivoo they got another Foostivoo?

I’d say highly unlikely, but it is possible I guess. Just look at Wiki how many Foostivoos dropped. I can add 60 chests with no Foostivoo q:

Edit: The obvious solution still is to make the stuff tradeable. And Anet knows it if they read the forum.

in Wintersday

Lacechan.6524

I’d say highly unlikely, but it is possible I guess. Just look at Wiki how many Foostivoos dropped. I can add 60 chests with no Foostivoo q:

Edit: The obvious solution still is to make the stuff tradeable. And Anet knows it if they read the forum.

Not everyone uses or knows about the wiki. Which is funny because so many people complain that the wiki is not very accurate at all yet they don’t want to help work on it.

Plus, he never mentioned how many boxes he opened. The only other thing I can find is from 6 days ago where he mentioned acquiring six hats and three extra minis after already getting Foostivoo.

in Wintersday

Treeline.3865

But to be honest, i will be cold and harsh and say, It might be his own fault – He shouldn’t buy more than 10 chests at a time. If he really lucked out and got 2 rare minis + 2 regular minis from 10 chests, I’d say.. Well.. You’re still one lucky guy, and I agree they should be tradeable, but that’s RNG for you. Nothing to do about that, except make more threads about how RNG is bad. He would have my support q:

in Wintersday

Lacechan.6524

The more threads you make about bad RNG the more threads that would get closed because “another thread discussing the same thing exists so this thread has no purpose.” as has already been shown from some of the threads about the minis.

in Wintersday

Treeline.3865

Right you are. A lot of legit threads gets locked for ilegitimate reasons. But even stating that.. Well if a mod reads a post like this one, I already have an infraction on me, as it is not allowed to complain about modding.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Cathgar.7581

Cathgar.7581

Putting 4 random wintersday pets into the MF will give you any of the other non account bound pets in the game (random), I got a yellow pet worth 7g on TP from 4 x extra wintersday pets I had.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Waraxx.4286

Waraxx.4286

please inform me why it is “highly unlikely” i bought 10 boxes the other day and i got 2 hats out of it and even if fistivoo cant be acuired through the box it can be droped from wintersday boxes and that i can agree with that its highly unlikely unless ofcourse he was trying to get the unbreable bell witch only drop from those wintersday boxes at witch case he would open 1000s of boxes. so i dont thin its unlikely someone will end up with more than 2 of the same thing after this event that is acc bound. but that’s just me.

in Wintersday

Treeline.3865

please inform me why it is “highly unlikely” i bought 10 boxes the other day and i got 2 hats out of it and even if fistivoo cant be acuired through the box it can be droped from wintersday boxes and that i can agree with that its highly unlikely unless ofcourse he was trying to get the unbreable bell witch only drop from those wintersday boxes at witch case he would open 1000s of boxes. so i dont thin its unlikely someone will end up with more than 2 of the same thing after this event that is acc bound. but that’s just me.

Pure statistics. Also, they are not available through “wintersday boxes”. It is however unlikely that he got a Foostivoo drop in the same 10 chest-batch that he also got his last mini, as Foostivoo drops very rarely. It is an unlikely drop, if you may. That’s what i tried to say

I dig “Fistivoo”….. :i

in Wintersday

Posted by: Blackmoon.6837

Blackmoon.6837

First of all, those items were from Wintersday Mystery Boxes. Secondly, this isn’t a thread to complain about the RNG system. We all have our good and bad days with it and ultimately…. random is random… So let’s move along. =P

The only reason I post that screeny was to show that it’s very possible for people to have many extras they don’t have any use for. For all the cash and/or gold we spend on gems, we should at the least get a little exchange out of the account bound items.

Such a waste if I have to delete 6 festive hats.

in Wintersday

Posted by: migu.3597

migu.3597

Blackmoon, I share the same problem (not with that many foostivoos :p)
A recipe would be a ice solution, as long as the result wouldn’t be any more of those 1 use tonics, worth 7 copper…

in Wintersday

Posted by: Sharkinu.8096

Sharkinu.8096

It happened to some people. They couldn’t wait to get Foostivoo so they crafted the first 3 minies they got. THen opened more chest tring to get the other minies again and they got another Foostivoo. To avoid this the best solution is to wait on crafting your foostivoo until you have 1 of each mini + 3 duplicates. And yes I also got a 2nd Festive Hat from gifts after buying one from the store in the first day.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Oorjuwa.1682

Oorjuwa.1682

Foostivoo can only be acquired by combining any 3 minis drop from mystery box using mystic forge.

Hi everyone,

The statistics reported on the wiki pages for the Wintersday Mystery Box drop rates are incorrect, due to the method being used for calculating them. Some of our item packages use more than one loot table to determine what you get from opening them. Whenever you open a Wintersday Mystery Box, it randomly drops items selected from 2 tables, each having specific items and their own drop rates.

We’ve seen people mention the low drop rates of Foostivoo from Wintersday Mystery Box and would like to remind people that the primary way to obtain this miniature is from the Mystic Forge, by combining other minis (wiki link).

Thank you.

“You’ve got some really nice toys there. Mind if I break them?”
— Gwen

in Wintersday

Posted by: declan.3968

declan.3968

Stephane said “PRIMARY” way, not only way.

Foostivoo can only be acquired by combining any 3 minis drop from mystery box using mystic forge.

Hi everyone,

The statistics reported on the wiki pages for the Wintersday Mystery Box drop rates are incorrect, due to the method being used for calculating them. Some of our item packages use more than one loot table to determine what you get from opening them. Whenever you open a Wintersday Mystery Box, it randomly drops items selected from 2 tables, each having specific items and their own drop rates.

We’ve seen people mention the low drop rates of Foostivoo from Wintersday Mystery Box and would like to remind people that the primary way to obtain this miniature is from the Mystic Forge, by combining other minis (wiki link).

Thank you.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Halo.1679

Halo.1679

It would be great to be able to make use of all the extra skins, tonics, cogs, toy frames etc. in the forge. I’m not going to spend the gold on stuffing and glue to make the rest of the mini’s so all that stuff will probably get deleted after wintersday.

And yes you can get foostivoo from the wintersday boxes purchased on the Black lion. I spent 1600 gems on 20 boxes and got 1 festive golem and one foostivoo, along with a couple hats and skins. They just said the primary way was to combine 3, but he drops occasionally also.

in Wintersday

Posted by: migu.3597

migu.3597

Hi guys,
Could you give us any insight to wether this could be a reality or not?
Thanks!