No rewards from Tixx in LA

in Wintersday

Posted by: theguf.1650

theguf.1650

My biggest disappointment is that they let yet another huge bug slip through on their event. Little by little they’re losing my support. I’ve played about 10 MMOs and I’ve never seen bugs this bad and widespread. You screw a large percwentage of the population out of the final reward from an event, it’s a huge letdown. Do better, Anet.

in Wintersday

Posted by: DashNataku.4965

DashNataku.4965

Adding my name to the pile.

Logged in, ended up on an overflow, joined a party for the dungeon, talked to Tixx, plenty of space in bags, no loot, entered and completed dungeon, returned to overflow, no loot and chest was open and not selectable.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Fozee.1083

Fozee.1083

My biggest disappointment is that they let yet another huge bug slip through on their event. Little by little they’re losing my support. I’ve played about 10 MMOs and I’ve never seen bugs this bad and widespread. You screw a large percwentage of the population out of the final reward from an event, it’s a huge letdown. Do better, Anet.

Sorry but as someone who tests these types of games all the time, GW2 is very low on the list of buggiest games. They also ALWAYS make the situation right.

BioWare/Mythic Moderator, Terror Squid, and Funparty

in Wintersday

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

Might as well put my name in here too. I never even noticed the chest until I was running around LA on a different character. Had 17 slots open in bags so definitely had room for the items.

To Theguf, you do know that sometimes bugs literally don’t appear until it’s in the main game? It’s why they always wanna know what happened before the bug hit so they can try to recreate the situation and thus know how to fix it.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Devilsmack.5736

Devilsmack.5736

Same thing here. Can’t open it. Rather have the rewards just like you did with Karka final event: mail with the loot. Pls I want those items.

Alanna Grisel (M) / Devilsmack (N)
Kildemort (W) / Killer Claws (G)
Deadly God (En) – Fort Aspenwood

in Wintersday

Posted by: Triforge.8417

Triforge.8417

Same Problem here ………..im sad T.T

in Wintersday

Posted by: Golliwogg.7249

Golliwogg.7249

Just wanted to add myself as well. My story goes like this: Talked to Tixx and he said “Would you like to receive your wintersday gift? Make sure you have inventory space.” I had probably 70+ empty slots. Following the talk with Tixx I viewed my inventory to find that I hadn’t recieved anything. I didn’t see a chest next to him either, but then again I wasn’t looking because I didn’t know there was one. I entered a Tixx’s dungeon to help some people get the plush griffon, but when i returned to LA i noticed there was an open chest. This chest was unlootable.
I tried all of the following things: Logged into different character, tried different overflows and regular LA, filed a bug report, completely restarted the game, but all have failed. This story sounds like everybody’s story too, but just wanted to restate the facts. I love my holiday only gifts and if i end up failing to receive them I will be very angry toward the game, thus resulting in less play and ultimately none at all.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Syundria.4920

Syundria.4920

Same happened to me too. No reward and I can’t access the chest beside him. :-(

in Wintersday

Posted by: Klavor.5678

Klavor.5678

Yeah, a lot of people on the server I play on (myself included) have had this happen. Many probably do not visit forums and have been completely puzzled in the map chats.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Sepherella.8943

Sepherella.8943

When I spoke to Tixx for the first time in LA the option to receive a gift was there but once I clicked I didn’t receive anything – the chest appeared opened though.
I also tried a complete reload and log however still nothing.

Quality Ovér Quantity [QQ] – Sea of Sorrows

in Wintersday

Posted by: Phloww.1048

Phloww.1048

I accidentally accepted the reward from Tixx in Hearts of the Mist and I didn’t want it. Now I’m stuck with PVP stuff that I won’t use at all. I would assume Tixx gives me a warning that there’s a difference between PvP and PvE stuff he gives. Is there a way I can get a refund?

(edited by Phloww.1048)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Cerulean Shaman.6402

Cerulean Shaman.6402

I have the same exact problem (chest spawned but I got nothing when I opened it, really disappointing to say the least), so I really hope ArenaNet figures this out. I’d hate to miss out on my backpack cosmetic item … I sent in a report, but I guess they’re going to be bogged down by a bunch of them so…

in Wintersday

Posted by: Stillgreen.3687

Stillgreen.3687

Is it intended that you can get either the sPvP reward or PvE reward but not both? I got the reward from the Mists but not from Lion’s Arch. If it was intended, I think better warning should have been given.

If it’s a bug, I hope you guys resolve it soon. Thanks for looking into this!

in Wintersday

Posted by: Azelroth.6801

Azelroth.6801

My advice would be to hold off from completing this until the next patch rolls out

Azelroth [MoM] – Methods Of Mayhem
Commander @ Tarnished Coast

in Wintersday

Posted by: Breeze.1273

Breeze.1273

getting same problem here!

in Wintersday

Posted by: WanderingSavior.2576

WanderingSavior.2576

I also didn’t get my reward

in Wintersday

Posted by: Neves.2905

Neves.2905

I didn’t get any rewards from Tixx, and couldn’t loot the chest either.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Nephanis.2015

Nephanis.2015

I’m one of the many who talked to Tixx in Heart of the Mists and now can’t get the PvE rewards in LA. I had no idea the content of the gifts were different for PvP and PvE; I don’t recall seeing any warnings. I’m more of a PvE player, so this is a little disappointing. Hopefully this is only a bug. If it’s intended, a little more clarification in the future would be appreciated.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Missy.3854

Missy.3854

Same here, talked to Tixx and received nothing. I also talked to the Tixx in the Mists by mistake, instead of the Tixx in LA.

Edit…. Went back to the Mists (the one in LA was open and not showing a search) and found that there was indeed a chest I could open and received the back piece and a couple of PvP finisher things, all were PvP of course, because I talked to the wrong Tixx, would rather have had the PvE version, wish I had known about the different Tixx’s.

(edited by Missy.3854)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Black Sheep.2694

Black Sheep.2694

Same happened to me. Talked to Tixx, got the achievement and entered the dungeon. I checked my bags while in there and couldn’t find anything. I went back to him and saw a chest, but it’s opened and I can’t and didn’t loot anything from it.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

So what were the sPvP rewards from Tixx? I did not know about this. Only knew about him being in Lion’s Arch because the Mists were not announced and opened it in LA then. Received 200 cogs 15 slot bag item and a back slot item and 3 unstable gifts which gave 1 skin item.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Wey M Olith.5081

Wey M Olith.5081

No reward for me either

in Wintersday

Posted by: Iridiana.9078

Iridiana.9078

I just talked to Tixx in Lion’s Arch and got NO gift too!
If I talk to him again he doesn’t offer to me the option to claim it anymore.
I was not in the overflow, it was my main server…
So now have I missed Wintersday reward cause of a bug? I can’t believe it…

And don’t tell me you’ll resolve this bug sending items again by mail (like Lost Shore) to wrong users or letting people loot the chest again so we’ll have half players with 400 cogs. I have a feeling for Arenanet solutions to this kind of bugs.

Iridiana – Sylvari Ranger
Server: Piken Square
Leader of Dark Shines [Dsh]

(edited by Iridiana.9078)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Shelisse.3251

Shelisse.3251

Same here. Talked to him, couldn’t click chest, nothing in inventory and talking to him said I got gift. Then into the instance with a group, but still says I got gift after.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ceiyne.6735

Ceiyne.6735

Adding my name too… never talked to Tixx in PvP, when he got to LA he claimed he gave me a gift, but nothing was in my inventory. I had plenty of spaces empty. When I went back to check the chest next to him, it was already open/looted. When I talk to him he says he already gave me a gift.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Siobahn Sineann.1365

Siobahn Sineann.1365

I lost 3 exotics when I opened Tixx’s Chest. I know it happened then because nothing else is missing and they were there when I went up to him. I was able to collect from the chest but he was able to collect from mine!!!!

Is it wintersday or april fools =)

fyi … if your losing items or gold, usually means your account may be compromised. Or you have been exceptionally naughty this year.

Lots of strange things occurring, hope everything works out in the end (and for you sir).

in Wintersday

Posted by: migpimp.6702

migpimp.6702

I too would like to say that i didnt get anything from tix and i tried the chest beside him which was already opened…

i double checked my inventory and nothing was there…

in Wintersday

Posted by: Siobahn Sineann.1365

Siobahn Sineann.1365

Nothing else is missing, just the exotics I got from the chest in the Infinitarium and they disappeared when I opened Tixx’s Chest…I have sent a bug report.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ishikura.7649

Ishikura.7649

me too T_T i dont get any gift

in Wintersday

Posted by: mistafadedglory.3681

mistafadedglory.3681

I also didn’t receive my gift.

in Wintersday

Posted by: RedHandedJill.2965

RedHandedJill.2965

Tried talking to Tixx just now. Didn’t receive anything in my inventory and I couldn’t interact with the chest next to him. It appeared stuck open but wasn’t lootable. I was in the LA overflow at the time.

in Wintersday

Posted by: quickthorn.4918

quickthorn.4918

I tried travelling out of the overflow, but it was still stuck in an open state there and not lootable.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Deificus.5864

Deificus.5864

Why not? One more name to the list of players who talked to Tixx, didn’t get anything, checked support, and found an open chest sitting beside of him. :|

in Wintersday

Posted by: DieQuex.4096

DieQuex.4096

Same as the posters before me.

Gotta say, after the issues with the karka event reward this bug slipping through is kind of silly.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Looks like this was the right day to take off on the event chain (or the Internet in general :p ). I’ll check again in a couple days.

Any chance that both gifts would be given out? As long as the s/tPvP gift is not usable in the PvE/WvW sections, I think having the option of both would be fine.

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ambrosia.2035

Ambrosia.2035

No reward sadface.

:(

Howdy (.)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Cypress.5380

Cypress.5380

Same thing happened to me. I was in the Heart of the Mists and talked to him. I accepted a gift, but didn’t get anything. I then went over to the chest and got some PvP finishers and stuff.

However, when I went to LA Tixx wouldn’t give me gifts and the chest can’t be opened. I would have at least wanted to know if the PvP and PvE chests are shared before choosing one… =(

I accidentally accepted the reward from Tixx in Hearts of the Mist and I didn’t want it. Now I’m stuck with PVP stuff that I won’t use at all. I would assume Tixx gives me a warning that there’s a difference between PvP and PvE stuff he gives. Is there a way I can get a refund?

I am in the same frustrating situation. ): I want PvE rewards, but unwittingly got stuck with PvP ones. Very disappointing.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Elliyana.8936

Elliyana.8936

No reward here as well… the chest looks like it’s in midair too

in Wintersday

Posted by: Zedrix.2104

Zedrix.2104

none for me either. the chest seems stuck open when i went and looked. the wife got hers fine.

in Wintersday

Posted by: undouble.1472

undouble.1472

I ran (2) “citizens” past Tixx———-the first one got “goodies”, the second got squat——-was directed to “The Chest” which ain’t there!!

in Wintersday

Posted by: undouble.1472

undouble.1472

I ran (2) “citizens” past Tixx———-the first one got “goodies”, the second got squat——-was directed to “The Chest” which ain’t there!!

The “teasers” (and Tixx) both indicate that the “free gift” is offered to ALL citizens——————which sounds like these “gifts” should be “character-based” and not “account-based”. It do look like reality don’t equal promises!!

in Wintersday

Posted by: Aevic.9675

Aevic.9675

Yeah, I was able to get the LA one but not the sPvP one.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Sol.6340

Sol.6340

Same here as well. Chest appeared open for me, completely unclickable and there was no “gift” in my inventory.

(edited by Sol.6340)

in Wintersday

Posted by: SErwin.8930

SErwin.8930

Add me to the list. The PVE one was already open but the PVP one gave me a finisher.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Rue.2049

Rue.2049

All I got was a title.

Tried both sPVP one and PVE one and got nothing on both.

Lhaon – Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Rue.2049)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Imaginos.3756

Imaginos.3756

Had something like this happen to me. I was talking to Tixx and the dungeon popup showed up and I lost my dialog box now it tells me I’ve gotten my gift, whatever it was, yet I didn’t get anything.

And I just learned it was a lot of nice stuff. So how do I get compensated for this bug? Do I need to submit a support ticket or something?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

No gift for me either

in Wintersday

Posted by: Allmightybob.5081

Allmightybob.5081

I got nothing either, I submitted a bug report but there’s not much else I can do.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ceithlenn.8430

Ceithlenn.8430

No reward for me either.

Ceithlenn – Necromancer
Hell’s Disciples [HD] – Commander
Henge Of Denravi since beta

in Wintersday

Posted by: God.3542

God.3542

omg why didn’t I get a chest and why does it show chest is open I have no items!!! I am upset.