Smash The Town Isn't Bugged

in Wintersday

Posted by: VitisVinifera.2834

VitisVinifera.2834

the necro elite Plague is a free title. You instantly kill every destructible object within the circle, so you dont have to worry about missing things. Just bulldoze it, done.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Syncourt.5906

Syncourt.5906

Did this with friend today… we destroyed everything. No achievement. After some time of running and searching we found little tree we missed and we got achievement.
It would be nice if they implemented some kind of progress bar for tracking these kinds of achievements.

Maybe if people, who destroyed some buildings, leave the party before you get it, then houses destroyed by them don’t count? I dunno. But people should try the solo way if they have trouble otherwise.

Nope, achievement is awarded to every player in zone upon destruction of last piece of decoration. Mobs destroy them too sometimes.

This was my hunch exactly. I completed the dungeon with a group and then went for the achievement after grabbing the chest. The group dispersed and at least 2 went offline while still in the party. Spent over an hour and a half looking for the last destructible to no avail, doing clean sweeps of the area with cyclone axe, following the tips for most hidden objects in this thread.

Figured it had to be bugged due to the players that left so I exited and re-entered solo, went straight for the smash achieve and got it in around 10 minutes.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Cole Eyre.8471

Cole Eyre.8471

I completed Tixx at Divinty yesterday and was watching some of the ppl I teamed up with go for this achievement (I had already completed it) while eating lunch. About the time I finished my sandwich, I noticed they seemed to be running in circles looking for the last things to break.

It turns out that they missed the rocks. Some of the big boulders on the west side of the map are breakable and can sometimes be missed when you use aoe.

in Wintersday

Posted by: TabMorte.5297

TabMorte.5297

I got it on the first day, it’s easier to do with multiple people though. You’re probably missing a little tree.

Golemancy 101: total and complete catastrophic
failure is still a monumental success, assuming
losses remain within acceptable parameters.

in Wintersday

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Smakittenhe-Town… LOL

Last thing left for me was a few pine trees hiding behind a rock near the edge of the… um… mini world thing.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Cole Eyre.8471

Cole Eyre.8471

It’s a pretty easy achievement. I did it alone when Tixx was at The Grove by zoning in solo and dealing with the foes.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Raine Akrune.8416

Raine Akrune.8416

My guild did a run through the other day and it took us a few minutes but it was discovered that we had missed a single tree hiding out behind some scenery. It’s not bugged, you just have to look in every crevice and corner.

Asuran Master Thief/Charr Paladin Extraordinaire
Khan of The Burning Eden [TBE]
www.theburningeden.com

in Wintersday

Posted by: JSmooth.7654

JSmooth.7654

I would put my money/gold on it bugging because of group members leaving.
I attempted this 2x on the 15th. Some of the group left (both times), the rest of us attempted this achievement and clear everything we could see. I spammed skill 1 on staff guardian to no avail.

On the 16th (yesterday) the whole group decided to stay. We completed the achievement easily and quickly.

There is always the possibility that the achievement isn’t bugged and we just missed an invisible tree for 30minutes. However, just because you get the achievement on the first try doesn’t mean it won’t bug for someone else.

I am a tank at heart.
Sometimes I wonder what I’m doing here…

(edited by JSmooth.7654)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

Anyways, if you’ve spent a lot of time fruitlessly looking for last piece, you should try to re-enter the dungeon solo and destroy all things yourself.

Helped a party get the achievemnt today. No one left and we got it in couple of minutes without issues.

EU Aurora Glade

(edited by Isslair.4908)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Whoever made this achievement must have been madly in love with vanquishing in GW1.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Kyosji.8961

Kyosji.8961

Took our group 20 minutes to find the missing building. was a fence or something

in Wintersday

Posted by: Thord.2017

Thord.2017

Whoever made this achievement must have been madly in love with vanquishing in GW1.

Ah, happy days

Warrior level 80, Guardian level 80, Ranger level 80, Thief level 80, Elementalist level 60

Server: Gunnars Hold [EU]

in Wintersday

Posted by: Black Frog.9274

Black Frog.9274

When we had trouble, our issue turned out to be fencing. In the charr area (the one with the red herring fence coming out of the rock that has been twice mentioned in this thread), there is some fencing that is very, very close to a charr building and the shape and color of the remaining piece of fence completely blends in with the building, unless you happen to be looking at it from the south side towards the north side. When in doubt, follow each and every fence line. In my pug, several people had done the map before and recommended it for getting the achievement.

I Like to Run Randomly Around the Map

in Wintersday

Posted by: Rei.2610

Rei.2610

Just went solo with my nec and bulldozed it with locust swarm, plaguuu, and a dagger.
I’d say there is a chance of it bugging out when people leave the instance.

Because I know I’ve destroyed everything on my previous runs.

I gave up on ever crafting a Legendary. Best decision ever.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Amarinth.8534

Amarinth.8534

This was my hunch exactly. I completed the dungeon with a group and then went for the achievement after grabbing the chest. The group dispersed and at least 2 went offline while still in the party. Spent over an hour and a half looking for the last destructible to no avail, doing clean sweeps of the area with cyclone axe, following the tips for most hidden objects in this thread.

Figured it had to be bugged due to the players that left so I exited and re-entered solo, went straight for the smash achieve and got it in around 10 minutes.

Same thing here. I was unable to complete the achievement after yesterday’s group run and then failed again after today’s run. So I tried the advice to do it solo and completed it with no trouble whatsoever.

I think there is just something very buggy about this achievement, either related to being in a group or related to finishing the dungeon before attempting the achievement. Whichever it is, I know for a fact I didn’t simply miss something. On my solo attempt I didn’t smash anything that wasn’t already completely destroyed on both group attempts and I went around the map long enough to memorize all of the wreckage. xD

in Wintersday

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

What people tend to miss is right near the center hub in the zone. There’s a walkway leading north from the center platform area. The pathway is lined on both side by what appear to be little obelisks. They are different in appearance from about everything else in the zone that you destroy (which is why people forget about them).

Make sure to take them out and boom you get the deed.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Wintersday

Posted by: Lord Awesomeness.1804

Lord Awesomeness.1804

Was just in there trying to get this achievement. Two people left the group after the event was over. Went over every single square inch of that place, AoE everything, went to all of the places specifically mentioned in this thread, and no achievement.

About to go in solo and give it a try. Definitely seems that something is wrong, though.

EDIT: Just went in solo, finished without any problem. Seems to be something to the theory that if a group member leaves then the achievement bugs.

(edited by Lord Awesomeness.1804)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

This achievement and its lack of progress tracking reminds me of one of the most aggravating achievements ever put into a game.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Mays.5839

Mays.5839

I just did it. There was one piece hidden in the starting area. It’s possible

in Wintersday

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

It’s not bugged. I was able to do it and so was everyone else I know.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

My guild did a run through the other day and it took us a few minutes but it was discovered that we had missed a single tree hiding out behind some scenery. It’s not bugged, you just have to look in every crevice and corner.

I don’t see why people keep insisting that it’s one or the other. Can’t it be bugged AND completable? I still believe that while it’s clearly possible to complete using the right classes, and a certain amount of luck, I still doubt whether any class has the tools needed to complete it, and firmly suspect that there are at least a few items that are invisible, under the world, or otherwise very difficult to access via commonly available means, or that there’s some way you can bug it so that you don’t get credit even when everything is destroyed, but that you don’t always trigger this bug so people are sometimes still capable of completing it.

I still contend that when I completed it on my 4th attempt, I cleared no more of the level than I had on my previous two. I know that I’d cleared every one of the little “oh, you must have missed this one” suggestions that people have been making, and it still didn’t complete.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Wintersday

Leablo.2651

Exactly right. If you’re not aware that scripting can be intermittently buggy, you haven’t played enough of GW1!

in Wintersday

Posted by: wolfram.8291

wolfram.8291

After the chest my group left and I spent plenty of time patiently and methodically back-tracking double checking everything. I did this after two separate runs. Then I went in by myself and in one circle of the map I got the achievement. Zero searching for missed objects. It’s easy to scoff at people and dismiss it as their fault because you got it easy in one try, but I’m pretty sure there’s actually a bug here somewhere.

in Wintersday

Posted by: toafarmer.8401

toafarmer.8401

Ok, got in in my 3rd attempt. 2 peices that are a little tricky:

In the charr town, there is a fence that is “undestructable” in the wall (someone posted the pic). I tried to destroy it in all manners and… it is not needed. But VERY close to it, on the other end of the fence, there is a piece that seems to be inside the stone.

The other one was in human town. There is a “big” house in the upper part, just by a stone rock (on the right if you are looking at the main building). There is also some invisible crap there, other than the house, maybe inside the stone too.

BTW, today is a great day to do solo, much better than yesterday, since the 1st part is way easier (no vet skritts and max you will fight is 2x skritts at once).

in Wintersday

Posted by: PikeBishop.9613

PikeBishop.9613

I tried 3 times, each time with other party members leaving shortly after we defeated Toxx and they got their chest items. After reading about people getting it solo I tried that. I got Smash the Town fairly easily that time, I just had to be thorough. I didn’t feel that there was anything that had to be smashed that wasn’t clearly something to smash. No incredibly small trees, no invisible items, no things in walls, no houses that looked like snow or rocks, no items anywhere but the main area. The one thing I almost missed was the bench, which I had got once before and looked for the other two times but couldn’t find (leading me to conclude that it had already been smashed when I went looking for it). Now that I got it, I honestly can’t believe that I could have missed anything being as thorough as I was previous times. It’s just my personal opinion, but I firmly believe that there’s a bug with party members leaving early.

in Wintersday

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

90% of the time with pugs – It’s that already broken looking bike rack thing off on the far side from the entrance.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

in Wintersday

Posted by: elviril.5297

elviril.5297

its not bugged, cause my guild mate and I both got achievement. Its just that there was a tip of a tree hidden in the middle of a broken house, which was difficult to spot -_-;

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I would make a suggestion to ANet on future achievements of this sort.

Don’t make it 100% cleared.

Instead make it something like 99%, or 95%. Make it so that people who put a serious effort into completing the objective will clear it, even if they miss something here or there. I mean, there are what appears to be 200+ destructible items in that stage, missing one or two of them shouldn’t be the end of the world. This would help to correct the most obvious potential bugs of invisible or “in the terrain” items, since if you missed a couple, that’d be ok.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Wintersday

Leablo.2651

As others suggested, I tried this in a solo instance and was able to clear it on my first run. I think there’s definitely an issue with attempting this in a group, something just gets out of sync or whatever. So anyone who is still having trouble with it, try it solo.

in Wintersday

Posted by: wylk.9612

wylk.9612

definitely agree with the above response. i just got it on a solo run without having to repeat any of the areas.

the past two nights i wasn’t able to get the achievement – first night was me and one other person after the other members left, and we must have scoured the map for at least an hour before giving up. tonight was the same story, but it was me and two other players.

when i got the achievement on the solo run, i didn’t destroy anything that hadn’t been destroyed on previous runs nor did i have to double check anything.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Kambria.1430

Kambria.1430

Guardian staff #1 ftw

YES! That’s how I got it done the first time. We’d missed ONE tree and spent 10+ minutes looking for it. That spell was a lifesaver.

Kyrasae – Sylvari Guardian
[MLPT]
Tarnished Coast

in Wintersday

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

People seem to be under a weird impression that just because it isn’t bugged 100% of the time it isn’t bugged. I tried several times with a group and never got it (looking for almost an hour one time for the fabled “oh you just missed a tree” or whatever). I do it solo and got it the first time. This highly suggests there is some sort of bug.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

my advice: try to do it alone without doing any events. Worked perfectly for me. Tried it 3 times before with group (always someone left or already had the achievement). Then I tried it alone and got it in one run (~5-10min)

Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

Another piece of advice, turn off autotargetting in the options. You’ll have to actually aim things like fireballs but this way you can just stand and lob them in the general direction of stuff and break everything.

in Wintersday

Posted by: GreyMouser.1235

GreyMouser.1235

In our last run, we cleared it quite easily with 2 Guardians running around with staves, after we had finished off Toxx. The final piece was an almost invisible piece of fence.

[SOF]
Servants of Fortuna
Yak’s Bend

in Wintersday

Posted by: LightningLockey.5938

LightningLockey.5938

I’ve gone threw the entire town twice destroying everything and still not achievement. I guess stuff is spawning underground or in out of bounds areas.

in Wintersday

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

Can’t destroy this one, no matter how hard i try.

This piece is the one I needed to finish. I am on a warrior and I couldn’t destroy it with a weapon, I had to use Stomp to pop it.

So for all those people who said you don’t need it, I certainly did need it.

I couldn’t smash that one and I still got the achievement. The last remaining piece for me was a single plank sticking up out of the ground. I went around AOEing everything until I found it.

in Wintersday

Posted by: mythos.6438

mythos.6438

Same thing here. I spent an hour flamethrowing and grenading EVERYTHING… didn’t get the acheivement. Reentered the instance and I got it under 15 minutes (I died a lot because of the veterans )

in Wintersday

Posted by: Blanche Neige.7241

Blanche Neige.7241

I definitely think there is a bug in there.

2 times I stayed at the end after my teammates left the instance, and those 2 times I was never able to complete the success, even tho I looked everywhere and hacked at everything for 30 minutes or more each time.

I reentered alone this morning and completed it easily without having to look for a missed item to destroy. And from the past messages on this thread, I’m not the only one to whom it happened.

My feeling is that one/a few/many items are not taken into account if the player who destroyed it/them left the instance. If you are the one who destroyed it/them , then you can complete the succces, otherwise you cannot.

The main trouble is probably to locate that/those items that are causing the bug.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Robotsonik.4935

Robotsonik.4935

Not bugged for me. Myself and 3 friends took about 10 mins after the boss fight to smash everything. The last couple of pieces are the toughest of course, but we finally did it. Final piece was a this little swingset – really hard to see and much harder to spot than trees.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

Please, stop posting here that it is not bugged.

We already know that you can get the achievemnt.

The problem is that there’s some conditions that can prevent from getting it. And we don’t really know what they are.

EU Aurora Glade

in Wintersday

Posted by: Joiry.2504

Joiry.2504

I do think there is something buggy about the achievement – not a consistent bug, but something is off.

I got the achievement the first time on my main account. It was just me and a warrior left and we spent ~20 min running around to finally get the last piece.

However, I have not managed it on my second account. I spent over an hour and a half last night on my engineer after completing the dungeon and the rest of the group left, grenading, wrenching, flaming the entire town. I read this whole thread and looked for everything that was well described, finding all of them, and still no success. For the record, testing the flamethrower on a solo run on definitely unsmashed buildings is iffy – often had no effect – for engineers, the wrench and grenades are much more consistent.

in Wintersday

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

Guardian staff #1 ftw

Darn right!

Really run watching an entire forest be obliterated with a wave of your hand.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Raebfle.5914

Raebfle.5914

It’s a fairly easy achi.
I got it first day with a group of friends.
You have to destroy the entire Diorama – Which includes trees as well, not JUST buildings
Just cause it says ‘Smash the town’ doesn’t mean it’s limited to buildings only

in Wintersday

Leablo.2651

It’s a fairly easy achi.
I got it first day with a group of friends.
You have to destroy the entire Diorama – Which includes trees as well, not JUST buildings
Just cause it says ‘Smash the town’ doesn’t mean it’s limited to buildings only

Just because you didn’t read the thread doesn’t mean that other people didn’t read the achievement. Thanks.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Felyn.2614

Felyn.2614

Is it possible to complete the achievment without finishing the instance. Can u enter solo, destroy everything and get the achievment or do u have to go up to the chest ? (‘cos I seem to have destroy everything but the achievement doesn’t come… so it’s either ‘cos I missed sthg (which is highly probable :p ) or I need to complete the “dungeon” to get the achievement… and I would prefer the first option as I really don’t feel like doint it solo ^^)