Ascended Armor

Ascended Armor

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

BiS equips are BiS equips regardless of how minute the stat gain is. Ascended goes against what we were initially led to believe of reserving the grind for cosmetics only, but just because it’s not going away doesn’t mean they can’t make up for introducing it and find a middle ground for us who feel deceived by this.

If this was any other MMO, I wouldn’t complain because I would’ve known what I was getting myself into. I expect Anet to stay true to their manifesto since that was what enticed me to play the game in the first place by finding means to make getting my BiS equips less of a chore than it currently is.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Ascended Armor

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

Leo Paul and Zietlogik said it.

@cranked:

yeah, i spose ill be fine with the regular runs But lets try to make sure they fine tune difficulty of new contents for rare/exotics and not ascendeds. As for amount of stats increase, well I dont know, i guess its something of a personal preference, yknow like its small to some but big to others. But appreciate the reply anyway

Ascended Armor

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

it’s not so much the stats, it’s the agony resistance.

What is with all the whining about Ascended armor being needed for fractals. To me that is the worst argument here.

1. Fractals are not meant for everyone. It was always somewhat of a gear grind to progress in fractals to begin with. How long of a road was it grinding fractals every day to get all the infused rings, back piece (then the subsequent infusion) and all the mist essence you need to upgrade?

2. A very very small percentage of the player base plays high level fractals. Why on earth do any of you feel anet should base the acquisition of ascended armor on the 0.01% of GW2’s population that would actually “need” ascended armor?

3. Anet just remade fractals less than 2 weeks ago. It took them over a year to even think of updating them. Do you really think new, more agony intensive fractals are coming out anytime soon? They have so many other things on their plate at the moment including precursor crafting, continuation of the LS, ascended jewelry, so on and so forth……

I would venture to say that new fractals that require more agony resistance won’t be seen for at least 6 months. Even the most casual of casual players can have a set of ascended armor by that time.

Enough is enough with all the QQing about every little thing. I don’t grind for mats and I don’t play wvw. I run dungeons and hit the occasional world boss if I am in the area or hear about it in guild chat and I have so many t7 mats it isn’t funny. Coming from a pretty casual player, I don’t see how anyone at this point doesn’t have a ton of this stuff.

I’m going to need you to go back and read the entire thread, and not just take that one quote out of context.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

it’s not so much the stats, it’s the agony resistance.

What is with all the whining about Ascended armor being needed for fractals. To me that is the worst argument here.

1. Fractals are not meant for everyone. It was always somewhat of a gear grind to progress in fractals to begin with. How long of a road was it grinding fractals every day to get all the infused rings, back piece (then the subsequent infusion) and all the mist essence you need to upgrade?

2. A very very small percentage of the player base plays high level fractals. Why on earth do any of you feel anet should base the acquisition of ascended armor on the 0.01% of GW2’s population that would actually “need” ascended armor?

3. Anet just remade fractals less than 2 weeks ago. It took them over a year to even think of updating them. Do you really think new, more agony intensive fractals are coming out anytime soon? They have so many other things on their plate at the moment including precursor crafting, continuation of the LS, ascended jewelry, so on and so forth……

I would venture to say that new fractals that require more agony resistance won’t be seen for at least 6 months. Even the most casual of casual players can have a set of ascended armor by that time.

Enough is enough with all the QQing about every little thing. I don’t grind for mats and I don’t play wvw. I run dungeons and hit the occasional world boss if I am in the area or hear about it in guild chat and I have so many t7 mats it isn’t funny. Coming from a pretty casual player, I don’t see how anyone at this point doesn’t have a ton of this stuff.

I’m going to need you to go back and read the entire thread, and not just take that one quote out of context.

I read the thread. You don’t need ascended armor to do high level fractals right now. People have already gotten to 50 and beat it with what is currently available. I don’t think new levels will be added for a while and, by then, most people who need it for fractals will have easily crafted it.

I agree with you guys to an extent. But, I look at ascended armor as something to do with my in game time. I won’t specifically try to grind for it, but the mats and gold required to make this stuff come from just playing the game. I have had my interest in fractals re-energized with the patch and am slowly working up in levels so I will eventually need the armor anyway.

As far as AR for fractals, they could just as easily make amulets and accessories infusible and that would make it so people who want to advance in fractals don’t need to spend so much to get the armor. Not sure why they don’t just go this route.

(edited by cranked.3812)

Ascended Armor

Posted by: DylanLucas.6058

DylanLucas.6058

Anyone seen recipes yet?

Creator of Pandion Knights [PK] GW2 – SFR (retired)
http://e-reviews.eu

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

Gear Wars 2 keeps delivering.

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

I personally enjoy Ascended crafting, and do look forward to the release. As for the aesthetics of the armor I like the medium and heavy, don’t care for the light.

I do hope later on we don’t get another tier armor, but I hope they find someway to further modify the looks similar to the method of fotm back, different mats for different looks. Or possibly modifying to legendary armor set.

This point of view is coming from someone who gave up on alts at this point of time and direction of the game.

JQ Druid

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Dempsey.8760

Dempsey.8760

You dont have to craft them. They are just minimal stronger and you will feel 0 difference. Srsly why are so many people kittening about this? Their is nothing wrong about it.

Because people are aware that there is a possible difference they can easily say, “That thief had full ascended they had better stats than I do that’s why they beat me.” When in fact that thief is me, and my ascension efforts are fully put toward my warrior first, I just played better than you.

Then why even add it to the game to begin with…

Colin has said that Anet felt that obtaining Exotic gear was far too simple and that the length of time to get such top tier gear was too short in comparison to how long they wanted their players to commit to the game, even casually.

Because some people feel the need to grind out even minimal stat-differences?

Some people, like myself, will not have to grind at all to get ascended armor. I currently have 86 laurals with nothing to use them on, enough T7 ingots to make around 10 weapons, and enough gold to buy whatever else is needed. Yes even the end product of the “daily” mats can be bought so I have no doubt I can fit into full ascended day1.
It is almost sad, I would much rather class specific Legendary armor so that I will not only look 1/2 way special but could just chose the stats I want at any given time. Now I will just make ascended armor because it’s something I don’t have then will make legendary armor because it’s something I want.
Simply put give us things we want not things we don’t need.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

Providing dragonite is used for armour I will have a full set on day 1. If however crystalline ingots are used instead well… Just more time gating.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

Ascended Armor

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

If i recall, devs dont like ppl getting new stuff on day one of its release. theyll surely add something to ensure that.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Dromar.1027

Dromar.1027

Will Arenanet shift the vertical progression to infusions?

The vertical progression will most likely shift towards legendary trinkets and armor.

People upset about the large list of mats required to make an ascended item are not focusing on the real issue which is they add the mats to content we have been doing for a freakin year. Usually in an MMO when better equipment is introduced it comes along with brand new content to soften the blow of the incoming grind.

Anet did it with the backpiece, rings and accessories but time gated amulets with dailies and monthlies and weapons require you to do the same dungeons, kill the same mobs and do the same awful world bosses that they made take longer. They even time gated some of the mats for weapons.

They need to stop with this living story and add some new meaningful content not meant to spoon feed us a single serving every two weeks. Hell I would even take Bug fixes, polish, class reworks and balance updates over the LS. The game has some of the same problems since day one.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Frenk the Vile.2596

Frenk the Vile.2596

I stopped playing

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Will Arenanet shift the vertical progression to infusions?

The vertical progression will most likely shift towards legendary trinkets and armor.

Except that legendary weapons have always just matched the best thing for that type, never exceeded, and they’ve stated that if a new tier were ever introduced (by the wild spirits I hope not) that legendary weapons would bump up to match it. So why would trinkets/armor be any different. They will match ascended trinkets/armor in stats, but (following the weapons example) allowing the stats to change on the fly.

People upset about the large list of mats required to make an ascended item are not focusing on the real issue which is they add the mats to content we have been doing for a freakin year. Usually in an MMO when better equipment is introduced it comes along with brand new content to soften the blow of the incoming grind.

And in those many MMOs that trivializes any older content because now you’re too strong for it. While you can argue that in gw2 it’d be “okay” because of the dynamic leveling, I’d rather they put more things in the mid level zones to have people go there more. If new content means more gear that I have to grind, then I’m happy with the base game and the LS. (I’d begrudgingly give up Elona and Cantha if it meant I never had to get another set of gear).

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Ralron.8124

Ralron.8124

Considering how EASY it is to get ascended weapons , i think allot of people will get the armor as well.

Run Dungeons + World bosses/temples

I can get150 dragonite+ & 20-40G a day from it. ( full set with in in 2 weeks (give or take))

I think people really dont understand how to farm properly in this game if they complain about COST .

FYI: Champ farming in Queensdail is not the fastest way to farm…..

(edited by Ralron.8124)

Ascended Armor

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

Considering how EASY it is to get ascended weapons , i think allot of people will get the armor as well.

I can get150 dragonite+ & 20-40G a day from it. ( full set with in in 2 weeks (give or take))

I think people really dont understand how to farm properly in this game if they complain about COST .

We all know how to farm, we just dont want to do it becouse we hate boring gear grind.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

We all know how to farm, we just dont want to do it becouse we hate boring gear grind.

You’re playing the wrong genre then.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

If you don’t like farming, please feel free to buy all my mats off of the TP. I’ll be ready to unload them tomorrow.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

Some people, like myself, will not have to grind at all to get ascended armor. I currently have 86 laurals with nothing to use them on, enough T7 ingots to make around 10 weapons, and enough gold to buy whatever else is needed. Yes even the end product of the “daily” mats can be bought so I have no doubt I can fit into full ascended day1.
It is almost sad, I would much rather class specific Legendary armor so that I will not only look 1/2 way special but could just chose the stats I want at any given time. Now I will just make ascended armor because it’s something I don’t have then will make legendary armor because it’s something I want.

It’ll be pretty dang expensive to buy the new ascended crafting materials on day 1. And there’s a new material being added (I assume for the armor) called crystalline ore that’s account bound. The resulting crystalline ingots are also account bound. Unless that gets changed for tomorrow’s release and they become tradeable , you won’t be getting ascended armor on day 1 simply because of the new time gated crafting material.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

If the ascended armor models are the same I saw on reddit some weeks ago, they look really really really really bad. The medium armor looks better than the others, but it’s still terrible compared to other sets

I’d like to see the changes on PvP first. Stopped doing dungeons for a while, but if the gold isn’t good in the killing players realm, I’d go back and grind a bit if the +stats are better than exotic (wouldn’t grind all the way to get extra 10 power)

Ascended Armor

Ayrilana.1396

I’m willing to bet that crystalline will not be used. I’m thinking that it’ll be used for some other purpose since there would be an outcry if heavy armor components could not be tradeable on the TP unlike leather and tailor.

Ascended Armor

Zedd.8239

I’m willing to bet that crystalline will not be used. I’m thinking that it’ll be used for some other purpose since there would be an outcry if heavy armor components could not be tradeable on the TP unlike leather and tailor.

That’s entirely possible. Maybe it’ll be used for crafting ascended jewelry at a later date?

Ascended Armor

cranked.3812

It’ll be pretty dang expensive to buy the new ascended crafting materials on day 1. And there’s a new material being added (I assume for the armor) called crystalline ore that’s account bound. The resulting crystalline ingots are also account bound. Unless that gets changed for tomorrow’s release and they become tradeable , you won’t be getting ascended armor on day 1 simply because of the new time gated crafting material.

Those “time-gated” items were tradable (i.e. Spiritwood planks and deldrimor ingots), so I wouldn’t doubt someone has ascended armor in the first few hours. That is unless, of course they change the recipes slightly or keep all t7 stuff account bound.

Ascended Armor

Zedd.8239

Those “time-gated” items were tradable (i.e. Spiritwood planks and deldrimor ingots), so I wouldn’t doubt someone has ascended armor in the first few hours. That is unless, of course they change the recipes slightly or keep all t7 stuff account bound.

I was referring to the new crystalline ore and crystalline ingots, both of which are account bound and will probably have some sort of time-gating associated with them. If they aren’t needed for armor, then sure. Getting the armor on the first day will probably be doable if you have enough money and resources.

Ascended Armor

cranked.3812

I was referring to the new crystalline ore and crystalline ingots, both of which are account bound and will probably have some sort of time-gating associated with them. If they aren’t needed for armor, then sure. Getting the armor on the first day will probably be doable if you have enough money and resources.

Yeah people seem to find a way to farm things very quickly. Even if crystalline ore is needed, I wouldn’t doubt people still have armor on day one.

Ascended Armor

Zedd.8239

Yeah people seem to find a way to farm things very quickly. Even if crystalline ore is needed, I wouldn’t doubt people still have armor on day one.

Farming is one thing. But if it’s limited to mining it (or however it’ll be obtained) once per day and you are unable to buy it on the TP due to it being account bound, then it’ll be impossible to get the armor on day 1 simply because there would be no way around the time lock. That’s all I’m really getting at. If it isn’t required and/or isn’t time gated in some way, then there will be many that have ascended armor on day 1. Chances are I’d be able to get it myself since I’ve also stockpiled crafting materials just for armor.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Cole Eyre.8471

Cole Eyre.8471

The medium armor on a human female – the hat looks like a rooster’s head to me and I cant wait to craft it! I’ve been working on hgording the mats for this armor since the pics came out a month or two ago

Ascended Armor

daros.3407

You’re playing the wrong genre then.

This game was promised to be grind free so no i bought right game. But becouse of people who bought gring free game to expected gear gring here i now have wrong game.

(edited by daros.3407)

Ascended Armor

daros.3407

If you don’t like farming, please feel free to buy all my mats off of the TP. I’ll be ready to unload them tomorrow.

And where i am supposed to get so much gold?……….Ah wait farm?

Ascended Armor

Ayrilana.1396

A grind is all relative. I’ve seen people claiming that to do something more than once to be a grind. This game has very little grind compared to others. Where was it stated this game would be grind free?

Ascended Armor

Smooth Penguin.5294

You can accumulate wealth through normal game play. Farming is a choice, not a requirement.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

I don’t mind Ascended armor being a long term goal but the crafting is too expensive for most people I’d say.

They could make each piece into a mystic forge recipe. Something like 10 Pristine Fractal Relics, 500 Dungeon Token item, Armor Piece from said Dungeon (would determine the stats of said Ascended item), and say 5 Mystic Clovers or 3 Globs of Coagulated Mist Essence

Something to that effect

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Ascended Armor

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I don’t mind Ascended armor being a long term goal but the crafting is too expensive for most people I’d say.

They could make each piece into a mystic forge recipe. Something like 10 Pristine Fractal Relics, 500 Dungeon Token item, Armor Piece from said Dungeon (would determine the stats of said Ascended item), and say 5 Mystic Clovers or 3 Globs of Coagulated Mist Essence

Something to that effect

So basically lock people that don’t do dungeons and/or fractals out from the gear?
I don’t think that is a good idea tbh.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

If this was a goal I could work towards by playing the aspects of this game I enjoy, then this would be a slight bother.

However, since this requires me to 1 ) join the champ trains for any decent gold earning and 2 ) craft, this is again something that pushes me away from the game and leaves me disinterested in contributing with gem purchases.

The #1 reason I left WoW was the gear grind and this is something that ANet has continually pushed on players here…

You are in no way required to champ farm, nor is it the only way to earn decent gold, nor do you have to purchase materials, you can obtain them yourself. And if crafting leaves u disinterested best not try any other MMO.

Excuses to exclude ascended armor all amount to “but i don’t wanna!”.

Plus it has been mentioned in a interview or preview that ascended armor will drop in fractals at some point.

Wait wait, gather all the mats? To get to 500? How ‘bout you try it out (I sure did, and I got to 425 before I realize how ineffective it is.) and see how long you think it’ll take you. I play the way I want to play (dungeons, dungeons and more dungeons!) and so far I haven’t been able to afford the goldsink to get to 500. Weapons drop in Fractals too y’know. I haven’t heard about anyone getting any of those recently though, so don’t expect armor to drop too easy.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

For WvW it could take badges, lordkrall.

From a PvE standpoint it’s technically only really needed for high level fractals (thank goodness, I’ll be annoyed if agony resistance is needed in other areas of the game).

So making it acquirable via crafting, dungeons, fractals and WvW badges would not be too bad I don’t think.

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

You can accumulate wealth through normal game play. Farming is a choice, not a requirement.

I had around 10 gold through “normal game play”. Then I started doing Sorrow’s Embrace Path 1 and Path 3, every day and now I have 80 gold. Please share with me your definition of “normal game play”.

Ascended Armor

Wallace MacBix.2089

It’s sad, but ascended crafting (and the infusions from Fractured) are all just massive gold sinks. And the problem with these gold sinks (mostly for ascended crafting) is that the very wealthy don’t bat an eye, the medium wealthy don’t struggle too much, the avg player has something to work for, and the poor are left behind in the dust.

I know they say that they wanted ascended weapons to take longer and all that stuff because they felt that exotics were too easy to get. Yet, the very rich were able to get ascended weapons on day 1. And now, months later, there are still people now who don’t have ascended weapons (either by choice because they hate crafting/refuse to dump all that gold or because they just don’t have enough money).

A quick aside: Why is it a bad thing that people can get the best gear easily (I mean just look at gw1)?

There should be other ways to acquire ascended gear (rnd luck doesn’t really count). For exotic gear you can craft, you can throw rares in the forge, you can buy it off the tp, you can run dungeons, or you can get lucky via a drop. Ascended weapons and armor just have the first and last option.

The (slight) problem is, if ascended gear could be gained other ways right now, it would most likely be a lot cheaper/faster than crafting. I’m sure some people would love 500-1000 dungeon tokens per ascended weapon, but that is no where near balanced compared to crafting.

Ascended Armor

daros.3407

A grind is all relative. I’ve seen people claiming that to do something more than once to be a grind. This game has very little grind compared to others. Where was it stated this game would be grind free?

Manifesto and every promise they did before release. You didn’t watched or read anything about GW2 before release did you?

Ascended Armor

daros.3407

I had around 10 gold through “normal game play”. Then I started doing Sorrow’s Embrace Path 1 and Path 3, every day and now I have 80 gold. Please share with me your definition of “normal game play”.

That is the problem. Someone is doing dungeons 2-3 hours per day and claim it ,,Normal gameplay" But there is no true definition of normal game play.

Ascended Armor

daros.3407

The (slight) problem is, if ascended gear could be gained other ways right now, it would most likely be a lot cheaper/faster than crafting. I’m sure some people would love 500-1000 dungeon tokens per ascended weapon, but that is no where near balanced compared to crafting.

Agree it would be hard to balance it. But still nowhere near to impossible.

Ascended Armor

Smooth Penguin.5294

That is the problem. Someone is doing dungeons 2-3 hours per day and claim it ,,Normal gameplay" But there is no true definition of normal game play.

1 dungeon daily for less than 30 minutes for 300 days = 300 Gold. So what’s the issue here?

Ascended Armor

daros.3407

1 dungeon daily for less than 30 minutes for 300 days = 300 Gold. So what’s the issue here?

And for 300g you have finelly leveled all crafting in 300 days and can finally start making weapons and armor……Yeaaa great!

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Nobody claims it’s hard (as in – requiring skill). It’s just too time consuming.

And for 300g you have finelly leveled all crafting in 300 days and can finally start making weapons and armor……Yeaaa great!

Not all crafting – for 300 g you will be abloe to do only 2 crafts.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Ascended Armor

daros.3407

Nobody claims it’s hard (as in – requiring skill). It’s just too time consuming.

Not all crafting – for 300 g you will be abloe to do only 2 crafts.

True :-D

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

If this was a goal I could work towards by playing the aspects of this game I enjoy, then this would be a slight bother.

However, since this requires me to 1 ) join the champ trains for any decent gold earning and 2 ) craft, this is again something that pushes me away from the game and leaves me disinterested in contributing with gem purchases.

The #1 reason I left WoW was the gear grind and this is something that ANet has continually pushed on players here…

You are in no way required to champ farm, nor is it the only way to earn decent gold, nor do you have to purchase materials, you can obtain them yourself. And if crafting leaves u disinterested best not try any other MMO.

Excuses to exclude ascended armor all amount to “but i don’t wanna!”.

Plus it has been mentioned in a interview or preview that ascended armor will drop in fractals at some point.

Wait wait, gather all the mats? To get to 500? How ‘bout you try it out (I sure did, and I got to 425 before I realize how ineffective it is.) and see how long you think it’ll take you. I play the way I want to play (dungeons, dungeons and more dungeons!) and so far I haven’t been able to afford the goldsink to get to 500. Weapons drop in Fractals too y’know. I haven’t heard about anyone getting any of those recently though, so don’t expect armor to drop too easy.

You don’t have to gather all the mats, you can also purchase them with gold from whatever activity you like, and I have two crafting professions at 500, its not hard it just takes a little effort and a time period of saving. This isn’t mean’t to be a instant gratification goal that you can accomplish in under a week or even a month.

I’ve gotten a ascended weapon box in a low teens in fractals. They drop, you just have to actually play to win.

“I play dungeons and I only want to do dungeons” will get you there eventually, as you actively refuse to play anywhere else. But as I said before, “but I don’t wanna!” doesn’t make it a bad design, because your play style is still your choice. The system isn’t bad, its your play-style encompasses a really small area of the game and you actively refusing to try something new that is gating you.

Ascended armor was meant to be a goal to server as a median between exotic and legendary, I wouldn’t expect them to spoon feed you everything in a single area. But the option is still there, just because it does not meet your idea of a acceptable time table doesn’t mean it should be changed or removed.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

(edited by Mireles Lore.5942)

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Pedroso.4605

Pedroso.4605

Wait, you think making Ascended items is all about standing around a Crafting Station?

Alright, well then, allow me to enlighten you:

Where do you get the wood, metal, leather and cloth to make your Ascended items? Did you buy it all from the Trading Post? Or did you go out into the world, through various level 20-80 zones to farm it all yourself?

Where did you get the Empyreal Fragments to make your Empyreal Stars? Surely not the Trading post. You should have found them on bosses throughout Tyria and the Mists, especially at the end of every dungeon and Fractal.

And speaking of Empyreal Stars, what about your Dragonite Ore to make your Dragonite Ingots? Did you buy them from the Crafting vendor near your Crafting Station? Or did you get them from World Bosses and Legendary Lords in the open world and WvW? You might have even gotten the bulk of it by doing Guild Missions with your buddies!

Gee willikers, sir/ma’am. It sure does sound like you got to see a lot of the world in your effort to craft an Ascended item. Its certainly nice to know you didn’t spend your entire time standing in front of a Crafting Station to make it. In fact, you probably did a lot of content to get there and may have made a few friends along the way.

You, sir, just made my day.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

I haven’t gotten any ascended weapons nor will I bother with the armor. I mostly do fractals for pve and I don’t see why they can’t have them available through laurels/fractal relics/wvw badges instead of only crafting

Ascended Armor

daros.3407

I haven’t gotten any ascended weapons nor will I bother with the armor. I mostly do fractals for pve and I don’t see why they can’t have them available through laurels/fractal relics/wvw badges instead of only crafting

Yes this would be much more fun for many people then this grind fest and crafting.

Ascended Armor

Smooth Penguin.5294

FYI – I logged in to level my Leatherworker from lv 400 to lv 500. I spent no more than 6 Gold total today. If you know what you’re doing, it doesn’t cost much cash out of pocket. Here are some steps to help you:

1) Set a goal for yourself. Example: Max Crafting discipline
2) Learn the game. Find what content will help you to achieve your goals.
3) Play the content and get drops. Example: Need the T6 mats for crafting? Don’t sell.
4) Goal reached.

Ascended Armor

daros.3407

FYI – I logged in to level my Leatherworker from lv 400 to lv 500. I spent no more than 6 Gold total today. If you know what you’re doing, it doesn’t cost much cash out of pocket. Here are some steps to help you:

3) Play the content and get drops. Example: Need the T6 mats for crafting? Don’t sell.
4) Goal reached.

Same arguments as with weapons :-D Spending farmed material is same like spending gold. There is NO difference in it. You have to spend gold or amount of materials worth that gold. Absolutely no difference.

Ascended Armor

Wallace MacBix.2089

4) Goal reached.

Same arguments as with weapons :-D Spending farmed material is same like spending gold. There is NO difference in it. You have to spend gold or amount of materials worth that gold. Absolutely no difference.

Very true, it really comes down to if people want to farm for gold, farm for mats, buy gold (with gems), or some combination of all 3.

Personally, I was able to recoup the all the actual gold I spent (mostly just having to by so many (comparatively) expensive reagents and spools of thread by selling my first 2 time gated refined mats.

It only takes 7-8 days of the time gated cloth to get a full heavy set. I’d rather sell them now (when they’re going for 15-20g each) instead of just save them for myself (like I did for weapons). I have enough stockpiled mats anyways (and I don’t care if I lose a small amount of money by not selling them instead. I’m too lazy to try to make the best possible deal. Plus I figured I’d have little chance with everyone else hoarding mats for the past 2-6 months).

So while it did take maybe 1 week worth of ectos to level up (and a decent surplus of my t6 mats) at least I covered the bare gold cost from leveling up (so it appeared to be free). The biggest annoyance is needing to wait for balz to open up again to stock up on oby shards again, I didn’t expect to spend ~200 of them yesterday (but it was worth it to get rid of ~6k ascended mats).