Ascended Armor

Ascended Armor

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: SageGaspar.5012

SageGaspar.5012

I have a couple problems with Anet’s highend grinds.

1. Changing appearances is cumbersome and I would constantly have to be mulching items and buying into the gem store to swap appearances. Fix yo appearance system Anet.

2. Gated solely behind grind. People say GW2 is much less grindy than other games, but I spent 2-4 hours a week raiding in other games, doing fun activities that required competence, and it took less time to upgrade a full tier than it’d take to pound out ascended armor. I’m okay with a grind route, but give us something challenging that we can do for more reward.

I have honestly never been a fan of currencies and money in games. Worry about that kitten enough in real life, let me have a path to loot by slaying tough monsters instead of being a capitalist market baron.

3. Very specific stats in a game that has a ton of build flexibility. Kinda a bummer to do a huge grind if it turns out I want different stats in WvW, or that there’s a new fractal that demands a certain kind of setup, or they actually made condition damage worth a kitten and now I want that too.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

This is truth. I played many mmorpg games in past and i dont understand how can anyone say GW2 is still much less grindy then other games. From my experience this game could be nominated for biggest grindfest on MMO market. If such ,,contest" would exis. Amount of grind is no higher compared to other games, but it’s boringness and unfriendliness for average or casual players is on top of what i experienced.
Compare it with farming gear in raids in ,,unnamed MMO" you do one raid once per week and is is up to player when he will do it. Monday……wednesday…..friday……sunday? It doesn’t matter.
In GW2 every unloged day is lost day without any possibility how to get loss back. And this is only one thing why GW2 grind is comparable with most grindy games on market.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Ring.6928

Ring.6928

I feel sorry for people who grind in this game. Which you don’t really need to for these armors unless you want it all on the first week.

Unless you fractal a lot or plan on going to 50+ the stats are not that much high than exotics, people losing their kitten over a few stat points should go back to WoW.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I figure I’ll get ascended gear eventually…. Its not really necessary, and I don’t care for the look as a whole, so definitely no rush here. But, over time, I’ll have enough mats and such, so I’ll get around to it. In the mean time, I’m happy in my rares… (yeah you heard me, rares)

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

I did buy a set of six recipes for the future, but after taking a glance at the (mostly) two point stat difference for hands, feet, and head, I think I’ll pass. Besides, as a ranged staff ele, the critical damage difference is 1% for the entire set (4% for the pants).

Also, transmutation crystals aren’t cheap (in terms of gold). Sure, we can possible boost that two point difference to maybe a seven point difference, but in my opinion, it costs too much resources for such a minimal gain…

Also, I don’t really like the visuals (if the human female light armor used Anise’s coat armor skin, I’d probably lose alot of gold just for the skin).

Edit: it’s 4% on the pants, not 3.

(edited by DanteZero.9736)

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

If you don’t like farming, please feel free to buy all my mats off of the TP. I’ll be ready to unload them tomorrow.

And where i am supposed to get so much gold?……….Ah wait farm?

You can accumulate wealth through normal game play. Farming is a choice, not a requirement.

I had around 10 gold through “normal game play”. Then I started doing Sorrow’s Embrace Path 1 and Path 3, every day and now I have 80 gold. Please share with me your definition of “normal game play”.

That is the problem. Someone is doing dungeons 2-3 hours per day and claim it ,,Normal gameplay" But there is no true definition of normal game play.

1 dungeon daily for less than 30 minutes for 300 days = 300 Gold. So what’s the issue here?

And for 300g you have finelly leveled all crafting in 300 days and can finally start making weapons and armor……Yeaaa great!

FYI – I logged in to level my Leatherworker from lv 400 to lv 500. I spent no more than 6 Gold total today. If you know what you’re doing, it doesn’t cost much cash out of pocket. Here are some steps to help you:

1) Set a goal for yourself. Example: Max Crafting discipline
2) Learn the game. Find what content will help you to achieve your goals.
3) Play the content and get drops. Example: Need the T6 mats for crafting? Don’t sell.
4) Goal reached.

Same arguments as with weapons :-D Spending farmed material is same like spending gold. There is NO difference in it. You have to spend gold or amount of materials worth that gold. Absolutely no difference.

Huge difference. It costs you more if you sell mats you find in PvE, and then have to rebuy them later to craft. And I had stated that it was Gold out of pocket. So I earned nothing, and gained nothing from farming. Everything I collected went into my bank, and then used it to level myself to 500.

You need to learn to play smart. Smart players tend to be the ones with the most money, just like in real life. The best TP players have spreadsheets that track goods they buy and sell. The best farmers know where and how to farm to maximize their income. When there’s something you want, you have to make the proper decisions in order to get it. If that means saving money by not buying something else, or sacrificing the sale of your T6 because you need it later, you stick to it.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Ascended Armor

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

I did buy a set of six recipes for the future, but after taking a glance at the (mostly) two point stat difference for hands, feet, and head, I think I’ll pass. Besides, as a ranged staff ele, the critical damage difference is 1% for the entire set (4% for the pants).

Also, transmutation crystals aren’t cheap (in terms of gold). Sure, we can possible boost that two point difference to maybe a seven point difference, but in my opinion, it costs too much resources for such a minimal gain…

Also, I don’t really like the visuals (if the human female light armor used Anise’s coat armor skin, I’d probably lose alot of gold just for the skin).

Edit: it’s 4% on the pants, not 3.

And this right here is why I refuse to put ANYTHING into a grind for GW2’s Ascended armor/weapons/Trinkets.

If I cannot ‘just pick up’ that extra 5-8% by doing my normal play routine, I certainly am not going to go out and grind away HOURS of game play for it. This isn’t Everquest, WoW, or any other MMO. We don’t need that top tear BiS crap to be competitive (thank god). That is the ONE thing Anet did right with the ascended Armor/Items.

But the grind, is not right.

I can understand it for Legendary stuff, as you are grinding out for a very specific reason. But for Ascended, I just don’t understand why the player base is willing to put up with it, and agree to buy into this BS around the ascended gear.

400-500 in any trade is what, 219G on average.
Time Gated crafting parts
and for what?
a total of 10-15 + all to stats?

No thanks, they can keep it.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Ascended Armor

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

If you don’t like farming, please feel free to buy all my mats off of the TP. I’ll be ready to unload them tomorrow.

And where i am supposed to get so much gold?……….Ah wait farm?

You can accumulate wealth through normal game play. Farming is a choice, not a requirement.

I had around 10 gold through “normal game play”. Then I started doing Sorrow’s Embrace Path 1 and Path 3, every day and now I have 80 gold. Please share with me your definition of “normal game play”.

That is the problem. Someone is doing dungeons 2-3 hours per day and claim it ,,Normal gameplay" But there is no true definition of normal game play.

1 dungeon daily for less than 30 minutes for 300 days = 300 Gold. So what’s the issue here?

And for 300g you have finelly leveled all crafting in 300 days and can finally start making weapons and armor……Yeaaa great!

FYI – I logged in to level my Leatherworker from lv 400 to lv 500. I spent no more than 6 Gold total today. If you know what you’re doing, it doesn’t cost much cash out of pocket. Here are some steps to help you:

1) Set a goal for yourself. Example: Max Crafting discipline
2) Learn the game. Find what content will help you to achieve your goals.
3) Play the content and get drops. Example: Need the T6 mats for crafting? Don’t sell.
4) Goal reached.

Same arguments as with weapons :-D Spending farmed material is same like spending gold. There is NO difference in it. You have to spend gold or amount of materials worth that gold. Absolutely no difference.

Huge difference. It costs you more if you sell mats you find in PvE, and then have to rebuy them later to craft. And I had stated that it was Gold out of pocket. So I earned nothing, and gained nothing from farming. Everything I collected went into my bank, and then used it to level myself to 500.

You need to learn to play smart. Smart players tend to be the ones with the most money, just like in real life. The best TP players have spreadsheets that track goods they buy and sell. The best farmers know where and how to farm to maximize their income. When there’s something you want, you have to make the proper decisions in order to get it. If that means saving money by not buying something else, or sacrificing the sale of your T6 because you need it later, you stick to it.

No i dont agree with you. If i would’t sell what i get during playing i would lack resources for different things then crafting.
The finall price is same no matter you farm gold or mats. If i will save mats i will have to farm more gold for other things. So over time i have to spend much time for farming no matter for crafting or anything else.
In the end there is ZERO difference.