Can Kits Scale To Ascended Stats Now?

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Yoshifxe.8346

Yoshifxe.8346

You are upgrading the armor cap to ascended quality now, can engineer kits (and ele conjures and warrior banners to the same extent) get that stat increase to ascended levels now? If not, please explain the logic as to why this will not happen.

Posted by: smackphat.2917

smackphat.2917

How about Ranger pets too, eh?

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

How about mesmers?

Posted by: Elidath.5679

Elidath.5679

How about mesmers?

What about mesmers ? Their illusions ? They have stats derived from the mesmer’s, they already take advantage of the ascended equipment.

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

They should get more hp.

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

Engi’s do kind of need it to scale. as for mesmers, the health of illusions/phantasms is fine, but in pvp it’s other factors that kind of make they on the weaker/harder to play side.

Posted by: Alora.6841

Alora.6841

Don’t the engikits scale with the stats of the weapon? Meaning: if you have an ascended weapon, so is the kit?

I am Commander Shepard and Evons Company is my favorite store in Lion’s Arch.

Posted by: Cold Hearted Person.6154

Cold Hearted Person.6154

Nope, curently kits have only Exotic tier damage, it was downgraded from ascended to exotic shortly after ascended were introduced.

Posted by: Bigoak.3270

Bigoak.3270

Are you sure about this? My grenage kit tests on the Lion’s Arch targets resulted in higher DPS with my ascended rifle equiped.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Are you sure about this? My grenage kit tests on the Lion’s Arch targets resulted in higher DPS with my ascended rifle equiped.

That’s because your overall stats are higher compared to using exotic rifle. But the weapon dmg is still at exotic levels.

Posted by: Shinigami.8975

Shinigami.8975

Simple fix : delete your engi, and roll a warrior !

Posted by: hydeaut.1758

hydeaut.1758

I don´t understand why it would be so hard to code some kind of a weapon-check:

if an ascended weapon is equipped, base weapon damage of kits goes up 5%

The most frustrating is, that even with all their glorious talk about communication with players and about balancing on 10th December + many threads about the problem, there hasn´t been even a single word of proper justification or explanation for months now.

Posted by: Yoshifxe.8346

Yoshifxe.8346

I don´t understand why it would be so hard to code some kind of a weapon-check:

if an ascended weapon is equipped, base weapon damage of kits goes up 5%

The most frustrating is, that even with all their glorious talk about communication with players and about balancing on 10th December + many threads about the problem, there hasn´t been even a single word of proper justification or explanation for months now.

This was the main gripe with this, there was no justification for this change, just we don’t want to make kits have an ascended base stat line. With the armor addition now, I was hoping that this would change because I fail to see why power based engineers should do 5% less damage to targets with ascended armor (or w/e the stat increase is from exotic to ascended) because of how they want to play. The assumption that I make now is that they can’t split kit damage statistics and range on kits in PvP and PvE/WvW, and they haven’t told us.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Well I don’t actually play any of these classes but I agree that they should be changed to match the new gear. Just add in a check to scale up if you have an ascended weapon equipped.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

As a player who mains an engi, I totally agree that kits should scale to whatever weapon you have equipped in your main hand.

i.e.,

• if you hold an ascended rifle, kits should do ascended damage.
  • if you hold an ascended pistol and an exotic one, kits should do ascended damage
  • if you hold an exotic pistol and an ascended shield, kits should do exotic damage

Alternatively, ascended damage as soon as you equip at least one ascended weapon.

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

As a player who mains an engi, I totally agree that kits should scale to whatever weapon you have equipped in your main hand.

i.e.,

• if you hold an ascended rifle, kits should do ascended damage.
  • if you hold an ascended pistol and an exotic one, kits should do ascended damage
  • if you hold an exotic pistol and an ascended shield, kits should do exotic damage

Alternatively, ascended damage as soon as you equip at least one ascended weapon.

Agreed, although I think it would be fair if the kits averaged the damage between whatever two weapons you have equipped, so that the entire emphasis is not placed on the main hand.

I’m really hoping this is the last new stat tier we see, but if ANet implemented something like this, they should never have to worry about the kit scaling again.

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

One thing you guys haven’t taken into note is PvP.
Everything is exotic quality there. Engies and other classes having ascended damage would unbalance things too much.

Duty is heavier than death.

Posted by: Zania.8461

Zania.8461

How about mesmers?

What about mesmers ? Their illusions ? They have stats derived from the mesmer’s, they already take advantage of the ascended equipment.

Just like engineer damage takes advantage from engineer’s stats. But neither take advantage of increased weapon damage. So phantasm mesmer gets quite a bit less use out of an ascended weapon than pure melee class.

MM necros, rangers, phantasm mesmers, kit engineers and all condition builds do not scale with increased base damage ascended weapons.

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

One thing you guys haven’t taken into note is PvP.
Everything is exotic quality there. Engies and other classes having ascended damage would unbalance things too much.

Actually, if the kits actively scale to the weapon’s stats, it would auto-adjust for PvP, too. It wouldn’t unbalance anything.