Daily Events Not Counting

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

I have been stuck at 19/20 Wintersday Festivities for a few days now. The description reads that Wintersday dailies will count towards completion, but the last few dailies have not counted towards completion for me.

Today’s daily was Winter Wonderland Winner II. I was at 19/20 Wintersday Festivities before reset today, and once I completed the daily, it hadn’t changed from 19/20.

I still haven’t done the Toypocalypse achievements, and wasn’t planning on doing them since they make my game lag and freeze.

If anyone knows of the problem or how to fix it, any help would be appreciated.

Golden shackles are still golden.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I can’t test it as I have completed the meta, but I remember that the daily activities “randomly broke” shortly before the end of the living story chapter in many (if not all!) of the previous chapters. So it wouldn’t be a total surprise.

Bad news for my boyfriend who hasn’t completed the meta either.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Thanatos, are you on NA? I can try to round up some guildies to do Toypocalypse with you and let you stand in a corner staring at the ground to avoid the freeze up.

I’m logging in to game now, give me a holler if interested (caveat: my guild’s been mostly AWOL for the holidays so I can’t promise we’ll have enough on and interested).

Posted by: Jojo.3857

Jojo.3857

I’m having the same problem. I have done everything multiple times and can’t get all 20 to count.

Posted by: babymonsterx.1742

babymonsterx.1742

I’m having this issue as well. I had hoped I wouldn’t have to trudge through three more meta achievements since I’ve been ill. Alas, looks like it’s to toypocalypse for me.

Astrid Grey ~ Mesmer
Jade Quarry NA

Posted by: Quantum Lotus.9867

Quantum Lotus.9867

I have also noticed that the past 2 daily achievements related to wintersday haven’t counted for me. I’ve seen the pop up that I completed it, and they counted towards daily achievements, but not toward the living story meta. I did an achievement listed under the meta (wintersday wrecking ball) and it was correctly recorded.

Posted by: Iridiana.9078

Iridiana.9078

Stucked at 19/20 too for the last 2 days, the daily is not working properly. Please FIX it! No way I’m gonna do Tixx dungeon this year too.

Iridiana – Sylvari Ranger
Server: Piken Square
Leader of Dark Shines [Dsh]

Posted by: Byoushinou.9458

Byoushinou.9458

I am having the same problem. I’m stuck at 16/20 for almost a week – where can I report this?

Posted by: Twelves.2013

Twelves.2013

Same stuck on 18 out of 20 and done today and yesterdays daily without the meta incrementing. Super annoying.

Posted by: Dargus Kelen.2831

Dargus Kelen.2831

Have you done the Daily Event already? Notice the names of the Daily Achievements are repeating, it may only count once toward the meta.

Posted by: Kuruk.8472

Kuruk.8472

That shouldn’t be the problem, because I’ve done the hit the skritt with the snowball daily around 4 times and its always progressed the meta. I’m also stuck at 19/20 now too. I’m going to be really disappointed if this isn’t fixed before wintersday is over.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

This is concerning, even though I’ve long since completed the meta. I think it’s safe to say from past experience that ANet isn’t going to have the time/inclination (pick whichever answer appeals more to you) to fix this bug before Wintersday is over. As a result, I strongly urge anyone who hasn’t completed the meta so far to get it done now via any they have yet to complete.

Posted by: HollowDean.5134

HollowDean.5134

I’m stuck with 17/20 for at lest 3 days now. Doing dailyies since I don’t wanna do other stuff. I hope they fix this, it would suck if I didn’t get the award and AP

Posted by: Culwenimos.1594

Culwenimos.1594

I would assume this is due to some cooldown or re-occurring internal timer that goes behind the achievement expiry etc.

This has happened on some other Living Story where the last few days didn’t count because it internally the expiry was shorter.

Given that in the recent living story updates, the achievements are meant to last for 1 month only. Since we were given 6 weeks until the next story, I have a feeling the dailies of Winterday would have stopped working after the month they were introduced.

Another theory to support the internal timers being a bit off is the fact we got Daily Fractal Runner for 2 weeks non-stop quite recently. That is reminiscent to the 2 weeks that we had for Fractal Fortnight re-occurring unintentionally.

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

That shouldn’t be the problem, because I’ve done the hit the skritt with the snowball daily around 4 times and its always progressed the meta. I’m also stuck at 19/20 now too. I’m going to be really disappointed if this isn’t fixed before wintersday is over.

You realize that up until the last week or so when the daily “repeated” it was named differently? (I, II, III, and IV?)

Posted by: Robdalf.2561

Robdalf.2561

This was going to be the only way I was going to get the meta achievement based on my play time, but last two have not counted for me either.

Posted by: Tenor Madness.6784

Tenor Madness.6784

Same here. Stuck at 19/20. Don’t really care about the chest, but the AP would be nice.

Posted by: Lord sai.1257

Lord sai.1257

I too been having troubles with the daily not counting towards my living event total. Im at 16/20 and the pass week i completed all the dailies that are related to the event. Please Fix this A-net.

Posted by: Vael Victus.2654

Vael Victus.2654

I just got credit for opening the 4 gifts today. Girlfriend tries and doesn’t get it. Makes no sense. She didn’t even try for yesterday’s daily because it was the jumping puzzle, so I don’t know about any cooldown.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

This is going to get ignored for a couple more releases, and then a dev will tell us that this is working as intended, and you can only use daily events to “fill up” [(total required meta achievements) minus (available meta achievements)]… i.e. you have to finish all the normal meta achievements, too, and the dailies will stop counting. And that we somehow should have gotten that from the description (clear as day).

Calling it now.

Posted by: zilcho.7624

zilcho.7624

Absolutely none of the dailies are even showing up for me. I’ve tried multiple dailies, and none of them work. I can’t even find them under the achievement tab.

Am I missing something? Do the dailies end before Wintersday does?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

There are still dailies. They are on the daily tab (not the Wintersday tab), marked with a special icon, usually at the bottom of the panel. You have to do the particular Wintersday one. Now, it may not be advancing your meta as it should, that’s a separate issue, but the daily does exist.

Posted by: Combat Mania.8517

Combat Mania.8517

Finally, i got mine done last nite after stuck at 19/20 for last 3 days and did the dailies for. Maybe this was fixed yesterday as a hidden fix =)

(edited by Combat Mania.8517)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

All of the dailies have a name. If you’ve done that one before then it won’t count.

Posted by: Caligatra.6197

Caligatra.6197

I have this issue too, but I also completed a regular non daily achievement and it did not count towards the meta. Stuck at 19/20