Endless Gift Dolyak Tonic

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: GrayFox.2601

GrayFox.2601

I know the recipe for this using the mystic forge (copied below from the wiki) but has anyone been able to craft one this year? I’ve tried twice so far and received the 5th tonic I didn’t put in each time. The wiki doesn’t tell you what the chances for each outcome are (and I haven’t had any luck finding that info anywhere else), so it could be just some bad luck. However, I did notice that, as of this post, there are only two Endless Gift Dolyak Tonic’s available on the trading post. From that, I’d hazard a guess that it is either in very high demand, can no longer be made or both, but I wondered if anyone else had any further info or thoughts on this.

Recipe

The recipe requires you to combine any four of the five following tonics:

Endless Toy Ventari Tonic
Endless Princess Doll Tonic
Endless Toy Soldier Tonic
Endless Plush Griffon Tonic
Endless Toy Golem Tonic

The Mystic Forge has a chance to produce an Endless Gift Dolyak Tonic, an Endless Toymaker’s Tonic or the fifth tonic you didn’t use as a material in the process.

Posted by: Polishpk.2985

Polishpk.2985

I honestly thought that it was the recipes you throw into the forge. Already having Recipe: Endless Princess Doll Tonic, Recipe: Endless Toy Golem Tonic and Recipe: Endless Toy Soldier Tonic, I was a little dissapointed when I pulled up the Forge.

Would you suggest learning the recipes or perhaps selling them when they go up in price?

IGN: Polish P K Profession: Elementalist World: Maguuma
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/A-few-ideas-3/first#post3433815

GrayFox.2601

I honestly thought that it was the recipes you throw into the forge. Already having Recipe: Endless Princess Doll Tonic, Recipe: Endless Toy Golem Tonic and Recipe: Endless Toy Soldier Tonic, I was a little dissapointed when I pulled up the Forge.

Would you suggest learning the recipes or perhaps selling them when they go up in price?

Polishpk – It depends on if you actually want the tonics for personal use, want to make them and throw them in the forge for a chance at the Endless Gift Dolyak tonic or just want more gold when the recipes go up in value.

BTW, tried a 3rd time and still got the 5th tonic I didn’t use. I haven’t seen anything on the forums about it and the wiki page hasn’t changed. Is any dev able to confirm if the recipe still works and possibly what the chances are of each outcome?

GrayFox.2601

Actually, it looks like someone else reported it as a bug 21 days ago.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Endless-toymaker-s-tonic-forging-bugged/3364489

I reported it as being bugged:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Endless-toymaker-s-tonic-forging-bugged/first#post3364489

Wasted a lot of gold and got zip. As in, always the rare fifth tonic you didn’t insert into the forge. Never exotic.

Posted by: Desire.2753

Desire.2753

Ok…tried this today thinking it might have been fixed or you were just unlucky…..

I had the griffon recipe and bought the other 4 off tp…went to crafting menu now have all recipes except golem showing up and ironically got 2 griffon recipes showing up….thought ok maybe I bought an extra grifon by mistake so bought the golem one again….the recipe says i already know it….but cannot find in known recipe list ok no big deal I still can make the other 4 and try my luck at the forge I thought….

3 tries later and a ton of gold in mats etc I got 3 endless toy golem tonics, each time i try to put the tonic in for another chance at dolyac etc and it will go into the first slot and gray out all the other tonics or it becomes grayed out when you put the other ones in the forge….. it sounds like its bugged really bad atm…..

I too spent alot of gold trying to craft these and now cant even put the endless toy golem tonic in the forge with other ones for more tries and got more than 1 account bound toy golem tonic sigh……I was hoping to ge tthe tonics this year but doesnt seem to be happening now…

GrayFox.2601

I lucked out and ended up being able to craft 2 of my 3 leftover frames from last year into tonics, so I didn’t run into the problem of only getting the Endless Toy Golem tonics out until a few tries in. I’ve got 2 Golem tonics now and it appears to let me put them in the forge with other tonics (I only have 2 others, so I can’t try the recipe again yet) but not with each other. Are you saying yours won’t let you forge the golem tonics just with other golem tonics or with the princess, soldier, ventari and griffon tonics as well?

Desire.2753

It wont let me forge the golem tonics ie endless golem tonics with any of the other endless wintersday tonics for a try in the forge at all. Either the tonic itself the golem becomes grayed out or the other ones gray out when i add the golem one first or visa versa

(edited by Desire.2753)

Desire.2753

ok restarted my client and now it will allow me to use the endless golem tonics with the other ones in the forge….but still just getting back the rare tonics and no exotic ones did a total of about 8 tries and a no go…
However under recipes still showing 2 plush griffon tonics and no endless golem tonic in either the consumable section or under potions (I checked both to be sure) and it still says i already know the recipe for the golem tonic although its not showing up….

BTW ty for the responses

GrayFox.2601

I tried a 4th time and still got the tonic I didn’t use as the result. However, I did find a reddit post from someone who claims to have crafted it, and there are now 9 tonics on the trading post instead of the 2 I saw when I created this thread, so it might be possible. But I think the reddit poster’s belief that it is a 1 in 3 chance is…overly optimistic. :-P

http://qq.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1tiox3/endless_dolyak_tonic_still_possible_to_get/