[merged] Just A Heads Up - No patch Dec. 24th

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Just as a heads up to people, there will not be a patch on the 24th.
As 24th is Christmas Eve and that week is Christmas (major, if not biggest, holiday in U.S.), they won’t be doing a patch that week. Not sure if next patch will be the week after, or not for 6 weeks which is how long Wintersday is supposed to be here.

I got this response on twitter from Rubi:

@GuildWars2 https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/lwd/A-very-Merry-Wintersday-Topic/first#post3318279 … Brings up a good question: Will there still be a patch on Dec 24th? Its Christmas week so I hope not 1/2

Guild Wars 2 ?@GuildWars2 2m

There will not be. Thanks for the wish for a holiday break for us! ~RB2 #GW2

Link

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

Since Arenanet has proudly announced to implement releases on fortnightly basis the next release would be December 24th. Will Arenanet break the big announcement? Will they release at Dec. 23rd?

I would like to see them keeping their announcement valid.

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

I think most people would understand if they don’t. I’d rather see them be at home celebrating christmas with their families. Releasing the next update on Dec 23rd would also not be a good idea. I mean, what if problems arise with the update that needs fixing. To be honest, I wouldn’t mind waiting until next year. Besides, Wintersday will be here for quite a while.

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

(edited by Blackwolfe.5649)

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

They might add something small, but we will see.

It would be quite dangerous to release something somewhat big though, seeing as most people won’t work on the 25th and thus any big stuff might not be fixable until a couple of days later.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Belenwyn.8674

I do not expect a big release. But new items in gem store and a new vendor in LA selling sparklers or firework just before Christmas should be possible

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I hope they don’t. Think of it this way… how many exploits and game breaking bugs are there usually on patch day?

Now imagine instead of being patched within 12 hours they are there for 5 days because everyone is out on Christmas vacation?

Please Please postpone the patch until after the Holidays. You are only going to hurt the game if you try and keep this patch on time.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I hope they have a office party instead…

All sensible players will understand them missing a update and enjoying the hols…

Posted by: Alora.6841

Alora.6841

I think it would be cool, if there was a hidden update that is alrady implemented und will be accessible when the tower is dead. This could happen around the correct time but will probably be a bit sooner.

That way, we have our biweekly update ( that is off a few days, but who cares?) and the Arena staff does not have to work on Christmas.

I am Commander Shepard and Evons Company is my favorite store in Lion’s Arch.

Posted by: JGBarbarian.3579

JGBarbarian.3579

Instead of content I would prefer a big announcement, like…
Tengu 2014!

Posted by: wookiee.4631

wookiee.4631

I don’t see why they wouldn’t release it on the 24th. Okay, I do see it, but I don’t think it’ll hurt if they do. I don’t know about others, but for most of the 24th, I’m just waiting for Christmas Eve night to show up. Having the content to keep me occupied for the day would be nice.

If they hold off for a while, fine. Either way, it’s no big deal to me.

Guild: Northern Wolf Clan [WOLF]

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Who knows.

I can see why they wouldn’t release it then. Holiday and all, and even if they did want to work Christmas eve that would leave little time to bugfix anything, and since new releases often come with bugs that would be less than ideal.

I can also see why they’d want to release it then, though. Either the 24th or the 31st would be their last hoorah’s for 2013 and they might want to go out with a bang.

We’ll just have to wait and see I guess. I don’t really mind either way.

I will say this, though. If they do decide they’re not going to do an update on the 24th, they should announce that pretty soon. Get it out in the open ASAP so that people aren’t expecting anything.

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

can we get an official response as to when we can expect the next patch. Just so we know. I didn’t think there would be one on the 24th.

skullmount.1758

can we get an official response as to when we can expect the next patch. Just so we know. I didn’t think there would be one on the 24th.

I didn’t either, but in a different thread in the Living Story Discussion, some one/people thought there should still be one. So I asked and got a response from Anet/Rubi.

But yeah, when next patch date would be nice, I’m sure on Tuesday when this patch is released, the preview icon thing on the releases page will tell when the next one is.

Darkhaven server

skullmount.1758

@GuildWars2 https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/lwd/A-very-Merry-Wintersday-Topic/first#post3318279 … Brings up a good question: Will there still be a patch on Dec 24th? Its Christmas week so I hope not 1/2

Link

I posted as a new thread in this forum and in a thread in the Living Story Discussion forum.

Darkhaven server

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Link

I posted as a new thread in this forum and in a thread in the Living Story Discussion forum.

I’m glad they get a break. I do wonder when the next patch will be though… the following week? or not until the week after?

Belenwyn.8674

Then January 7th would be a hot candidate for a new release. It will be a long break without news from Scarlet.

(edited by Belenwyn.8674)

skullmount.1758

Then January 5th would be a hot candidate for a new release. It will be a long break without news from Scarlet.

Well we have those “Do not touch” tower things to preoccupy us till then. Just keep touching them, it’ll eventually do something.

Darkhaven server

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

I can understand Arena Net not working over Christmas, hope they enjoy the holidays.

My only concern is that the next update seems to lack much in the way of actual fresh content. I doubt we have enough to keep us in game for two weeks let alone a whole month.

On the bright side, at least it will be a month without suffering a Scarlet story again.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

This is wonderful news! My life has already ramped up into holiday overdrive and I’m going snowboarding Christmas week

Have a Very Merry Christmas, ArenaNet <3

(edited by Karizee.8076)

Belenwyn.8674

At least we can focus now on ascended armor for many weeks.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It would be quite dangerous to release something somewhat big though, seeing as most people won’t work on the 25th and thus any big stuff might not be fixable until a couple of days later.

Well, they still have to get two crafting professions to 500 before end of the year. Might be on 31st, of course.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Well, they still have to get two crafting professions to 500 before end of the year. Might be on 31st, of course.

Why do they have to do that?

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Works for me. Enjoy your holiday Anet.

They should really make a forum announcement, or better yet a launcher announcement, about this though. Not just relay that info through some guy who PM’d them. Maybe they’re waiting until the next patch to do so or something, though.

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

ANet better be enjoying their holidays and partying it up with their friends and fam. : )))

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Completely understandable. Enjoy the holidays, ANet!

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Let’s not assume for a minute that just because an update is released on the 24th it would be created then. I don’t know their hardware/software so I suppose it is possible they would need some staff to ensure stability initially or fix any critical bugs but that would only require it being pushed for a couple of days.

It isn’t like Dec 24th comes at a different time each year You just know at some point you are creating content which will be launched later much like columnist often writes many columns at a time.

Not saying I feel they need to have an update. Hey, I WvW more than anything but just highlighting that it doesn’t seem as if it should really be an issue of celebrating Christmas or creating content.

Posted by: wookiee.4631

wookiee.4631

So no release on the 24th. Okay then. The only thing I want to know is when the next release will be launched. I assume it’ll be announced and previewed a week after Wintersday like usual, but when will it come out?

Guild: Northern Wolf Clan [WOLF]

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

Aside from bug fixes, the next update will probably be Jan 7. Any content released near Dec 24 would just draw ire from all the players who won’t be on during that time.

I should be writing.

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I’m glad they are taking a break. I think they should be on vacation until January 6ish. Everyone needs a break sometimes.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Posted by: Dempsey.8760

Dempsey.8760

Instead of content I would prefer a big announcement, like…
Tengu 2014!

Or, an expansion. Actually, any relevant content announcement would be great.