Suggestion for pvp seasons and badges

in API Development

Posted by: Elfo Bianco.3786

Elfo Bianco.3786

Hello, from API:2/pvp/seasons we can get information about divisions, especially icons and name, but those info are good for seasons 1-4.
For seasons 5+ the divisions are simply a reward system that don’t say your league rank in that season. From API:2/pvp/standings I get my current rating for each season and nothing more.

(if it is possible) I’m asking for an additional object in API:2/pvp/seasons that gives info about all ranks for each season. Something like:

“league_ranks”:
[
{
“name”:“Gold”, //or “Diamond” or “Amber” or “Platinum” …
“badge_icon”:“(url to the icon)”,
“tiers”: [1351,1451,1551] //for seasons 1-4 this is an array with length=1 to compare to “total_points” instead of “rating” from API:2/pvp/standings
},

]

In a different way, you could add an object “league_ranks”: [(rank ids)] with only ids that we get from a new API (something like API:2/pvp/badges), to reduce data repetition with similar seasons. This way will cost at least 1 more request, but maybe it is the best option

Now a suggetion for the existing API:2/pvp/standings, the object “best” (that returns info only about division) should be optional. In a better way “best” should be null if “current” is exactly the best. To me it would happen even for seasons 1-4 and with the actual rules for seasons 5+ “best” division is “current” division.
Without making these changes server-side and leaving this work to the app that uses API:2/pvp/standings would become interesting the best rating in “best” object that is actually missing for seasons 5+.
For a better solution, all the changes together

in API Development

Posted by: Lawton Campbell

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Next

I don’t have enough coffee in me yet to think, but this seems reasonable. I’ve opened a tracking issue for it.

in API Development

Elfo Bianco.3786

I don’t have enough coffee in me yet to think, but this seems reasonable. I’ve opened a tracking issue for it.

Thank you

in API Development

Elfo Bianco.3786

I have just noticed that from my standing for season 4 API:2/pvp/standings returns a “rating” value but from the description of the API I read:
// * “rating” and “decay” should be set for pvp season 5 and later.
// they contain your current skill rating and rating decay,
// respectively.

This is my standing for season 4:
{
“current”: {
“total_points”: 61,
“division”: 3,
“tier”: 0,
“points”: 1,
“repeats”: 0,
“rating”: 1307
},
“best”: {
“total_points”: 61,
“division”: 3,
“tier”: 0,
“points”: 1,
“repeats”: 0
},
“season_id”: “2B2E80D3-0A74-424F-B0EA-E221500B323C”
},

Was it something required for the next season? I’d like to know how to use this value.

in API Development

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Next

Huh, the decay value should be in there; I’ll try to get that fixed. Tracking issue.

in API Development

Elfo Bianco.3786

Huh, the decay value should be in there; I’ll try to get that fixed. Tracking issue.

I still don’t understand. Shouldn’t “rating” and “decay” exist only for seasons 5+? My example was about season 4.

in API Development

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Ah, okay, that makes sense.

I actually don’t recall the details. Is it only season 4 that has the rating, or do earlier seasons also have it? I think we’ve always tracked an internal MMR for matchmaking, but it wasn’t exposed via API until we started displaying the value in-game. The current implementation will emit a rating/decay value if it exists in the backend server, so I guess those old previously internal MMRs are visible.

I’ll add a note to the docs.

in API Development

Elfo Bianco.3786

To me only season 4 has a “rating” value.