A message by Ogre regarding bloodlust and PvP

in Community Creations

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

They’re not catering for WvW players either. The new buff will only enhance the coverage war problem, not the zerg problem. This update is bad for everyone, especially servers with low coverage. They should take out the buff aspect of the middle points, while keeping the “stab for points” aspect. Everyone wins.

Yep, that’s one thing I mentioned. Looking at this week’s matchup for YB, those points would just be more of an advantage to Dragonbrand’s ability to have a large force on every map for a considerable portion of the day. They could easily afford the players to hold those points, while still have enough of a force to stomp over every keep because there aren’t enough to defend them.

If anything, this buff should be part of the outnumbered buff. That was actually quite requested back before Orbs were removed. Swapping the old outmanned and orb buffs.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

in Community Creations

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

You guys enter every thread around yelling and screaming how important you are for the game, now you even call it PvP what you`re doing. It`s funny enough, that it is always the same 10-15 guys telling anybody else how special their GvG community and efforts is. Please don`t tell me what to do, as long as you guys do the same whereever you go.

I don`t have to be part of what I can see is clearly not PvP (maybe an infants version of it). Thanks to free "visitor"s access at the mill, youtube & twitch there`s plenty of opportunity to watch your performance even first person plus audio, hence the player`s mechanics as well – summary: nothing to be proud of, nothing to be called competitive, nothing to see there, really.

Have fun running cycles in PVT, hua!

Oh man those BUKA guys. They are really the utter most ridiculous trolls. What they call small scale is going like this. One or two of them are running after a squad keeping the people at the end in fight. They do that unless the commander / leader has enough of that nonsense and is turning around wiping them. Then they come back and the whole thing repeats. That´s what they call pvp.

You guys have absolutely no idea what you are talking about when it comes to gvg or large scale battles in an organized environment. So since you are germans, some very wise words for you “Wenn man keine Ahnung hat, einfach mal Fresse halten”.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Achilles.2197

Achilles.2197

I understand the Bloodlust buff may at first seem like a cheap shot towards people with ulterior motives for entering WvW. However, at the same time, it is WvW, and nothing else.

I’m sure a more logical explanation is Anet wants to keep WvW, well, World versus World. Devon commented on the same thing and made that pretty clear.

sPvP stat combinations are different, yes, but a custom arena on Legacy of the Foefire (which pays homage to Guild Wars PvP) can offer 10v10 in a balanced environment. If anything, it should be used since if any other game modes are implemented, they will be using sPvP parameters.

Âchillæs – Jade Quarry – GvG’ing before you knew what it was

in Community Creations

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

I’m actually going to agree with Buku, While I personally have nothing against GvG and that they should be able to PvP in World vs World and the game needs separate things like that in World vs World to Thrive…I also don’t think very highly of the fights.

They’re not enjoyable to watch, They rely on the terrible mechanics of this game, 20vs20 is just a freakin horrible cop out by bad players who don’t want to appear bad.

If you’re going to do GvG in this game, 5vs5 or better in my opinion would be 10 vs 10. That way it doesn’t become a mass of suck to watch and you can actually see individual players who are good.

This is an old DAOC video

That’s a lot more viewable then GvG crap in this game

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Community Creations

Posted by: Troop.1369

Troop.1369

http://youtu.be/u7BLhqhtszk?t=8m45s

Think Ogre has been a kind of voice of the PvP community for a while

Who? … I don’t like when people proclaim people that barely anyone other than your GvG community knows about. This is World vs World.

This guy just can’t be the voice for WvW, he’s after an ideology that’s not implemented in the game.

Actually even, GvG guys are trying to break or manipulate a mode to their advantage. All in fun’s name.

Black Talons – We make you nervous.
http://blacktalons.guildlaunch.com/

in Community Creations

Posted by: Snowstorm.3897

Snowstorm.3897

Everyone in here that hasn’t participated in an actual GvG in GW2, sorry to say, but your opinion is kinda irrelevant when you have no idea what you’re talking about.

I respect the small scale community, and recognise that it takes a lot of skill, every PvP format(yes even tPvP) requires a high skill level at their top levels, and just because this involves a larger set of numbers than 5v5 doesn’t mean there is no skill involved.

2 zergs of 20 people clashing is not the same as a GvG of 20v20. We manage every single players build, individual skills/traits, and when to apply certain skills in the fights, etc in our GvG team. The exact same as you would in a 5v5. If 20% of our force is down in a 20v20, the round is effectively over for most guilds. We’ve only managed to pull off 15v20 I think 2 or 3 rounds against top level guilds. Every single player we lose is felt, because every single player lost leaves a gap in our strategy that we have to then adapt around.

Instead of just saying, ‘it takes no skill’, please explain to me why it takes no skill so I can debunk whatever theories you have about GvG in this game. Oh, and ‘its just zerging’, is not an explanation.

Best regards

Sylas
Second Law [Scnd] – Guild leader
Currently: Axiom – Necro

(edited by Snowstorm.3897)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Istaf.1953

Istaf.1953

Theyre not adding it to remove GvG, but to improve the incentive to use the new area of the map for the other 90% of the population.

Quit being selfish

But this update isn’t going to improve the map for the other 90%

Quit being a sheep.

[RET] Medicalstaf
Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in Community Creations

Posted by: Aneu.1748

Aneu.1748

While Ogre is definitely one of the more vocal people in the GvG scene I wouldn’t say he was the “voice of the PvP community” its quite insulting to those who do sPvP and will generally give the trolls the ability to clamp onto a part of your post that really derails its entire intention.

Arenanet are quite blatantly not giving their community a voice, it either has something to do with higher ups taking the power out of the hands of the developers on the ground or its quite simply down to financial implications. WvW players most likely dont spend as much money as those doing PVE do, especially when events happen – This would generally be the crux of their decision on where their resources get spent. While I disagree with this approach they as as business need to make revenue – This could be done by putting us WvWers in mind but alas they seem to want to get on to the PVE bandwagon (Take the tequilla revamp) and allow players to focus that content but what they arent understanding is that the mainstay of PVE players that started at launch really arent interested in a sub-par PVE game anymore. Other games do PVE better than GW2 – WoW/RIFT/SWTOR/ to name but a few (and I can’t stand SWTOR but it does do pve better than GW2).

Suffice to say these guys are set in their ways, they will not change their mind as they feel it will be seen as weakness – We have seen this all before and now we see the remnants of the games that did this and they are just about turning enough revenue in order to keep the lights on…

It is a shame…

Aneu | [VoTF]
http://www.votf.net

in Community Creations

mrstealth.6701

This is World vs World.

This guy just can’t be the voice for WvW, he’s after an ideology that’s not implemented in the game.

Actually even, GvG guys are trying to break or manipulate a mode to their advantage.

That is exactly what it is. This is a small part of the community with some very vocal members that seem to think their needs are more important than want Anet or the majority wants. I do agree that the upcoming bloodlust buff is bad for everyone, but core problem is the players expecting WvW updates that cater to something that was never supposed to exist.

GvG doesn’t bring anything to WvW other than entertainment for the guilds involved. Having the ability to disable the bloodlust buff would be pointless for a WvWer. There is no reason why I would ever want to intentionally lower my character’s stats for WvW.

Anet made their stance on the guilds’ lack of a role in PvP clear long before release. Why would they want to make changes to encourage GvG matches that can negatively impact WvW?

I can respect what you GvGers have created, but some of you need to understand that what you’re doing is using a game mode for something it is not supposed to be used for. You can’t expect Anet to cater to your community when it brings no benfits to, but can potentially harm, the much larger WvW community.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Izay.8725

Izay.8725

Dear GvG Community,

I know you guys are begging for some structured group combat, but I have to inform and educate you guys about something.

This is WvW.

End of story, If they want to implement stuff for WvW they have the right to do it. So please stop the complaining.

GvG wont happening anytime soon, it has been said a few times already. Deal with it.

This 100%. This is WvW not GvG, i’ve read several posts of players posting that they’re looking forward to this update because it suits smaller guilds and makes them feel like they have an impact, and let’s face it the normal WvW community is much larger than that GvG community, they shouldn’t get kitten just so you can have your way. Yeah it sucks for those of you that GvG, but deal with it until they properly implement a GvG system.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Esuni.2498

Esuni.2498

The above posters seem to be ignorant as hell, these GvG guilds are also 70% of the roaming guilds.
These guilds DO NOT WANT stat boosts on the points they are capuring.

Aurora Glade – Esuni [TUP]

in Community Creations

Izay.8725

I’m the ignorant one? Show me the proof that 70% of small guilds are GvG guilds. The GvG community is small compared to all the players that participate in WvW, they shouldn’t be denied a fine update simply due to a style of play that was NEVER meant to be played in WvW.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Dr Acula.3496

Dr Acula.3496

This is World vs World.

Actually even, GvG guys are trying to break or manipulate a mode to their advantage.

That is exactly what it is. This is a small part of the community with some very vocal members that seem to think their needs are more important than want Anet or the majority wants. I do agree that the upcoming bloodlust buff is bad for everyone, but core problem is the players expecting WvW updates that cater to something that was never supposed to exist.

GvG doesn’t bring anything to WvW other than entertainment for the guilds involved. Having the ability to disable the bloodlust buff would be pointless for a WvWer. There is no reason why I would ever want to intentionally lower my character’s stats for WvW.

Anet made their stance on the guilds’ lack of a role in PvP clear long before release. Why would they want to make changes to encourage GvG matches that can negatively impact WvW?

I can respect what you GvGers have created, but some of you need to understand that what you’re doing is using a game mode for something it is not supposed to be used for. You can’t expect Anet to cater to your community when it brings no benfits to, but can potentially harm, the much larger WvW community.

And who sir, are you, to say what something within a game should and should not be used for? Sure this game type may be called WvW but that doesnt mean there isnt an abundance of non WvW related activites that take place here IE people grabbing Poi, SPs, gathering nodes, doing a fight club, trolling around with a tonic, etc etc. None of these things contribute to your PPT which you seem to have such a massive erection for. I don’t see how having a GvG is manipulating WvW to anyones advantage. It’s merely players adapting a game mode into something that is fun and enjoyable for them. The second you remove the element of fun from a game why would people bother to play it? Also saying that being able to remove the orb buff would be pointless for a WvWer is flawed logic at best. Some people go into WvW to participate in fights against other players (without having to deal with the brokenness of the current sPvP meta), and having an unnecessary stat buff detracts from the challenge of fighting another player. Basically your version of WvW sounds like a bunch of kittenty zerg balls mobbing around taking objectives to further increase their servers PPT. Sounds pretty lame/boring.

Depressed Unicorns – Necro [Agg]

in Community Creations

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

The above posters seem to be ignorant as hell, these GvG guilds are also 70% of the roaming guilds.
These guilds DO NOT WANT stat boosts on the points they are capuring.

The difference in the minds of a lot of players is that “WvW” guilds are different form “GvG” guilds. This is often because GvG guilds only support changes that cater to GvG and constantly lash out and give a bad image for the WvW community at large. And don’t forget the snobby, isolationist attitudes held by a lot of GvG obsessed players. GvG players in general wanted to be different from the rest of their server and now they are, whether that is a good thing or not can be argued.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Community Creations

Posted by: MartyPartys.9187

MartyPartys.9187

I’m the ignorant one? Show me the proof that 70% of small guilds are GvG guilds. The GvG community is small compared to all the players that participate in WvW, they shouldn’t be denied a fine update simply due to a style of play that was NEVER meant to be played in WvW.

roaming != small.

Id personally say its even more than 70%.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Maelwaedd.5842

Maelwaedd.5842

If each server has 1 stack of bloodlust, it should not adversely impact gvg in a meaningful manner

yes it will require some co-ordination cross servers to make sure that the buffs are kept that way during the gvg ie notifying server commanders that a gvg will be going on from x til y and the buffs will be reset, and returned to the way they were pre gvg event when it is finished

but if guilds want to gvg when the new content comes out then they are going to need to communicate with their servers so that those who are in there to enjoy wvw can help accommodate those that wish to gvg

Maelwaedd Sylvari Necromancer Blackgate
Resonance WvW Officer
http://resonancegaming.com.au

in Community Creations

Dr Acula.3496

If each server has 1 stack of bloodlust, it should not adversely impact gvg in a meaningful manner

yes it will require some co-ordination cross servers to make sure that the buffs are kept that way during the gvg ie notifying server commanders that a gvg will be going on from x til y and the buffs will be reset, and returned to the way they were pre gvg event when it is finished

but if guilds want to gvg when the new content comes out then they are going to need to communicate with their servers so that those who are in there to enjoy wvw can help accommodate those that wish to gvg

I love gvg but people who are in wvw to take objectives etc etc shouldnt be forced to focus their efforts on keeping the buff just so someone can GvG.

in Community Creations

mrstealth.6701

And who sir, are you, to say what something within a game should and should not be used for? Sure this game type may be called WvW but that doesnt mean there isnt an abundance of non WvW related activites that take place here IE people grabbing Poi, SPs, gathering nodes, doing a fight club, trolling around with a tonic, etc etc. None of these things contribute to your PPT which you seem to have such a massive erection for. I don’t see how having a GvG is manipulating WvW to anyones advantage.

You can get SPs, POIs, and gather nodes while participating in WvW. Most of them are at, or very near, other objectives. Getting POIs and vistas usually involve capturing the structure where it’s located. This is also a very short distraction for a single player, not 40-50 players distracted by a large scale battle. I can mine a node in a matter of seconds, how long does a GvG take?

in Community Creations

Esuni.2498

Ill just go by the servers that I know personally

Aurora glade:
EB full of pugs
spread over the borderlands: TUP, vcy, FIRE, NR, NP, DAWN and a couple of 5 man guilds
all of the above said guilds GvG. they bring about 150 players to the field total, AG doesnt have queues.
This said, there are 2-3 small guilds that do not GvG, the big guilds are diminant in WvW and do GvG so here you could say its more than the said number.

Far shiverpeaks:
+- 50 pugs total mostly on EB
pvx guilds focussed on pve who only WvW 1-3 times a week and do nto gvg: GOT/GOTD and AoA, these guilds are not very active but bring a total of 60 players to the field on active days, they mostly command pugs aswell.
These people play mostly for points.
WvW guilds are punk, kale and DW they bring about 80 players, all of them do GvG aswell and are considered the roaming guilds there.

I’m fairly certain gandara, Gunnars hold, piken square and augury rock have it similar to this, some of the blob servers have roaming guilds aswell which also, oops, happen to GvG
Roamers want good and fair fights, this is why they GvG aswell.

Now stop looking at your server alone and think outside of your blob servers

in Community Creations

Dr Acula.3496

And who sir, are you, to say what something within a game should and should not be used for? Sure this game type may be called WvW but that doesnt mean there isnt an abundance of non WvW related activites that take place here IE people grabbing Poi, SPs, gathering nodes, doing a fight club, trolling around with a tonic, etc etc. None of these things contribute to your PPT which you seem to have such a massive erection for. I don’t see how having a GvG is manipulating WvW to anyones advantage.

You can get SPs, POIs, and gather nodes while participating in WvW. Most of them are at, or very near, other objectives. Getting POIs and vistas usually involve capturing the structure where it’s located. This is also a very short distraction for a single player, not 40-50 players distracted by a large scale battle. I can mine a node in a matter of seconds, how long does a GvG take?

Those were simply examples I gave. You also have people roaming for fights that arent taking objectives which also uses up slots in your precious queue as well as people randomly dueling etc. How long are those people going to sit in a BL and take up a slot that one of the mindless zerging sheeple could occupy? So a GvG takes approx 1 hour, and the moment its over those people involved shift focus to either roaming and supporting the WvW war effort or they log off.

in Community Creations

Xsorus.2507

Aurora glade:
EB full of pugs
spread over the borderlands: TUP, vcy, FIRE, NR, NP, DAWN and a couple of 5 man guilds
all of the above said guilds GvG. they bring about 150 players to the field total, AG doesnt have queues.
This said, there are 2-3 small guilds that do not GvG, the big guilds are diminant in WvW and do GvG so here you could say its more than the said number.

Far shiverpeaks:
pvx guilds focussed on pve who only WvW 1-3 times a week and do nto gvg: GOT/GOTD and AoA, these guilds are not very active but bring a total of 60 players to the field on active days, they mostly command pugs aswell.
WvW guilds are punk, kale and DW they bring about 80 players, all of them do GvG aswell and are considered the roaming guilds there.

I’m fairly certain gandara, Gunnars hold, piken square and augury rock have it similar to this, some of the blob servers have roaming guilds aswell which also, oops, happen to GvG

I roam, and I understand that you will never have a good fair fight in world vs world..

Most Roaming Guilds are not GvG guilds because most GvG guilds are 20vs20….

in Community Creations

Izay.8725

Aurora glade:
EB full of pugs

Far shiverpeaks:

What exactly are you trying to argue? That the GvG isn’t small or what? It is small compared to the amount of players who WvW and are not involved in GvGs. According to gw2gvg.com there are 144 guilds between NA and EU that have at least participated in some form of GvG, let’s say for the sake of arguing that it’s 200 Guilds with an active roster of 35 players, that’s 7,000 players between NA and EU. Do you know how many people are online at any given time? ~460,000 players, even if you take 10% of the logged in population that number does not compare. The game has sold over 3.5 million copies, who know’s how many active players truly play but that number is is far greater than the GvG community. Like I said before, I have NOTHING against the GvG community, but your style of play was not meant for WvW and WvW updates shouldn’t be shoved just to suit your needs, this is WvW. It sucks you guys don’t have your own arena’s maybe you should start complaining about that instead of arguing and pulling kitten numbers to try and argue.

Oh and Crystal Desert isn’t a blob server, lol.

(edited by Izay.8725)

in Community Creations

Posted by: LotuS.4378

LotuS.4378

We talked today between each other in the guild, about the whole situation with ORB.We wondered if GvG guilds moved to the servers as Vabbi and Whiteside. What does that give us?

1 Full control over the orb
2 Open-field prime time. 95% of GvG guild dont care about points.
3 No complaints about the server points
4 GvG all the way around.
5. No queues

In addition, we would be in the same league for several weeks. We can switch between servers Vabbi / Whiteside for GvG. The question is what to do by day for prime time. Spliting guilds will increase the population of Vabbi and Whiteside WvW. It will make it playable WvW morning with some decent actions. What this action will cause? For us? Good fun. For top servers? Let them zombie blob without cordinaction.

[INC] Incendies
http://incendies-guild.tk/

(edited by LotuS.4378)

in Community Creations

mrstealth.6701

Those were simply examples I gave. You also have people roaming for fights that arent taking objectives which also uses up slots in your precious queue as well as people randomly dueling etc. How long are those people going to sit in a BL and take up a slot that one of the mindless zerging sheeple could occupy? So a GvG takes approx 1 hour, and the moment its over those people involved shift focus to either roaming and supporting the WvW war effort or they log off.

A lot of the roamers on my server do take sentries and camps, or prevent kill enemies that would have capped them. They also provide information on enemy presence and movement. This helps our server earn and keep PPT. This is contributing a lot more than the 40-50 players that are intentionally avoiding doing anything helpful to their servers.

Mindless zergs might be commonplace on many servers, but that is certainly not the common practice on YB. The majority of us in WvW are there to participate in WvW in whatever way we can.

in Community Creations

Esuni.2498

@lzay

Im stating that most roam guilds GvG aswell, I’m not asking the game to be made based on us, I’m saying the game and peopel should not spit on GvGers.
I myself am first of all a WvW player, not a GvG player.

Now to your ~460K players being online (I highly doubt this) how many of these players are actually in WvW for more than 10h a week?
What is clear here is that this update goes against the people that should enjoy it and brings the problem of snowballing.
A lot of these GvG guilds are also not listed so the numer can possibly be a lot higher, I’m not here to speculate on this, however those 35 players are active at that time only if you asume that. A lot of these guilds have 50-120 members who WvW on a regular basis, not just active at a time.

And yes the GvGers want their own arena but everything they say is being deleted or ignored. the people who post about GvG tend to get infracted or banned.
This made a snowballing effect of negativity and anger which is seen now.

in Community Creations

mrstealth.6701

And yes the GvGers want their own arena but everything they say is being deleted or ignored. the people who post about GvG tend to get infracted or banned.
This made a snowballing effect of negativity and anger which is seen now.

I’d like to see a dedicated game mode, or even an instance within WvW, added for the GvGers. I’ve seen some good examples in this thread of why posts are deleted. I know it’s just a part of the GvG community doing it, but that aggression, sense of entitlement/self-importance, and outright attacking or insulting other WvWers does not help anyone. I understand trying to defend something you enjoy, but they have to consider the effects thier wishes have on everyone else.

in Community Creations

Izay.8725

You have no proof what so ever that most “roam” guilds are GvG guilds so please stop claiming so unless you have actual proof, which you don’t. I’d like to see GvG implemented in some way but I do not wish to have WvW updates postponed/abandoned simply because a small portion of the population wishes to play a style that was never meant to played in WvW.

https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/1c2c9GW2_Anniv_Infographic-590x3215.jpg

http://gw2gvg.com/leaderboard.php?r=merged

I was being generous with the numbers, I’m aware some guilds have more than 35 members, but most guilds have a set roster for GvG’s, that’s why I clinged to the 35 since most guilds GvG in 15s,20s,25s. There is no point in trying to argue, the GvG community is small in coparison. As for how many people actually WvW, I do not know, I only claimed 10% of the online population to give some form of an idea. I imagine the number is much greater if you include cusual/hardcore WvWers. Unfortunately no one knows these numbers but arena net but if you honestly think that the GvG community is even close to that then you’re insane.

Anyway. I’m done or else I’ll just be repeating myself over and over. Non GvG-WvW community > GvG community, should not postpone/morph updates to suit GvG players, this is WvW.

in Community Creations

Posted by: cimon.5798

cimon.5798

Honestly i cant wait for the GvG folks to quit.

in Community Creations

Esuni.2498

Lzay I did not claim we are bigger than the wvw population, Im sayign we are a big part of it and the hardcore part of it. If they wish to push us into the ground then thats their decision but they shouldnt do it the way they do it now as its unprofessional and insanely rude towards their customers.

Everyone can agree that the altar system is a good idea, however everyone also agrees that the stat buff should not be implemented for various reasons.
Anet not listening to their playerbase is a bigger concern than this buff in general.
GvG players are a big victim of this on top of problems it would already cause and that is the point that is made.
Insulting GvG or arguing about how big or skilled it is should not be included in that discussion

@cimon, enjoy your 24 empty servers with 3 stacked servers blobbing the world

in Community Creations

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Lzay I did not claim we are bigger than the wvw population, Im sayign we are a big part of it and the hardcore part of it. If they wish to push us into the ground then thats their decision but they shouldnt do it the way they do it now as its unprofessional and insanely rude towards their customers.

Everyone can agree that the altar system is a good idea, however everyone also agrees that the stat buff should not be implemented for various reasons.
Anet not listening to their playerbase is a bigger concern than this buff in general.
GvG players are a big victim of this on top of problems it would already cause and that is the point that is made.
Insulting GvG or arguing about how big or skilled it is should not be included in that discussion

Because you can’t play for ppt and be hardcore?

And no, not everyone agrees that an orb mechanic should not have a stat buff. The buff has to be worthwhile, stats ensure that. We can argue how much of a stat buff it should be, but there are those who think a stat buff is not a bad thing.

That is part of the problem with the GvG community, they stomp around and act like they represent the entirety of WvW and that unless they get everything on their list of demands then there will be no WvW.

Also, the GvG community has been inviting resentment towards itself with how it treats not only Dev livestreams but discussions counter to their positions in general.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Community Creations

cimon.5798

@ esuni tbh your gvg comunity sucks at wvw in a large way. ya all dont defend you dont place seige and you whine forever about a lackluster carebear pvp wannabee thing you kids came up with after school. and its kinda funny that you think your gvg community leaving will do anything but help wvw as most of the pve (guilds on my server at least) dont go to wvw because of how absolutely arrogant and horrible the gvg community is. your lil X v X fights are worthless and gimmicky at best.

in Community Creations

Esuni.2498

Cimon
Explains why these so called GvG guilds painted vizunah borderland red yesterday and kept it ours for hours. we dont cap and defend at all, we suck at wvw
If you claim I’m being arrogant you need to reread your own post, also explains why Piken is ranked #3 right now isnt it, how could they possibly be rank 3 if they are so horrible and have so many guilds that do gvg :OO

And yes everyone who has a brain can agree that the spam at the livestreams is unacceptable.
This however does not change that the Anet devs need to stop ignoring these players, a lot are being mad at how they are treated and that is what you see in these messages.

in Community Creations

cimon.5798

@ esuni well seems you live in magic fairy land or something because our gvg folks on my server suck 10 of em aint worth 1 pug in a actual wvw situation i.e. takeing and defending a location or leaving it stable with siege

in Community Creations

Posted by: Neomir.7493

Neomir.7493

I’m actually going to agree with Buku, While I personally have nothing against GvG and that they should be able to PvP in World vs World and the game needs separate things like that in World vs World to Thrive…I also don’t think very highly of the fights.

They’re not enjoyable to watch, They rely on the terrible mechanics of this game, 20vs20 is just a freakin horrible cop out by bad players who don’t want to appear bad.

If you’re going to do GvG in this game, 5vs5 or better in my opinion would be 10 vs 10. That way it doesn’t become a mass of suck to watch and you can actually see individual players who are good.

tried suggesting this in my old guild numerous times but gvg is only ‘cool’ if you do it 15+, whiich is dumb imo for the reasons you pointed out. Its fun and people who enjoy it are entitled to it if they want, but wvw is not a gvg mode. it IS a zerg based mode.

elitism and sensationalism seem to go hand in hand in this game. the bloodlust buff is a great change to encourage action, and could serve as a focus point for ‘proper’ guilds to fight the enemy servers, not the ones that are only interested in gvg or ‘good fights only’. right now its too cool to say ‘i only gvg cos points are for noobs and im not a noob lolol’ and something needs to be done to get these players interested in a game mode they do enjoy and stop trying to make wvw something it’s not; an organized duel with rules and goodmanner/badmanner. that’s spvp.

because for a good few months they had the majority vote and people actually went along with it. been saying this for a long time and im glad a few people are starting to be more vocal about it, as in this game and it’s forums, people are very linear when it comes to trying new things out. discussion often serves as the vehicle needed to shift parts of the games meta i.e. first we had a focus by hardcore wvw’ers (generally speaking ofcourse) on points and emplacements. then came roaming. then dueling, then gvg. for a while the dueling/gvg meta really changed wvw and made it suck as people attitudes got really stinky only able to see the current trend and not think past it, not with this buff and the gvg ‘issue’ coming to the fore, as long as people KEEP being vocal AN will have to break and give us a statement about what the deal is, and why they aren’t providing proper gvg support outside of wvw. your game is called GUILD. WARS, arenanet. wvw is the war yes, but you should at least be vocal about gvg support outside of this.

cant wait for this freaking buff to wvw and for my solo roaming guardian to be fun again seeing how long I can bunker one of these points with my personal cannon. buff up ? > cannon pewpewpew!

in Community Creations

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

@ esuni well seems you live in magic fairy land or something because our gvg folks on my server suck 10 of em aint worth 1 pug in a actual wvw situation i.e. takeing and defending a location or leaving it stable with siege

lol you play for points, cute.

(no i dont gvg)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Havvik Nightseeker.3485

Havvik Nightseeker.3485

I think everyone is taking this to literally.

As far as guilds that GvG is concerned it’s selfish to want to turn off the orbs just for a mechanic that is not built in game. And that probably the majority of players (atleast in NA) play for points. However that does not mean that GvG is irrelevant (see previous post on opinion) the best idea would be a separate instance for a GvG so that you can have your cake and eat it to.

To everyone not in a GvG heavy guild. Although you may be the majority, the top guilds in WvW are always guilds that GvG well. They play the most hours they kill the most blobs they capture the most keeps. So although the percentage may seem smaller they put in the biggest impact. So I suggest watching or running with a GvG guild simply in their VoIP before u make an assumption

No need to get nerd ragy

[Wake] main driver/GL

in Community Creations

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

It’s a shame, really. There is no reason to implement this buff other than to specifically kill the GvG community.

Have fun losing 90% of your hardcore players, Anet…

Wishfull thinking. GvG community is very small part of WvW which is a small part of GW2.

Nowhere near “90%” lol

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Grove.2835

Grove.2835

I DON’T like the increase it gives to stats, should be more reward oriented, like a bonus to magic find, karma and world xp. The stats just serve to make the “stronger” server stronger. The magic find would also help pull PvE players into WvW and to hopefully enjoy and get good at it.
For the GvG stuff, just make Obsidian Sanctum or whatever the EB JP map is called, make thakittens OWN map that the Bloodlust Buffs do not affect.

(edited by Grove.2835)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Lanimal.6541

Lanimal.6541

Because you can’t play for ppt and be hardcore?

And no, not everyone agrees that an orb mechanic should not have a stat buff. The buff has to be worthwhile, stats ensure that. We can argue how much of a stat buff it should be, but there are those who think a stat buff is not a bad thing.

That is part of the problem with the GvG community, they stomp around and act like they represent the entirety of WvW and that unless they get everything on their list of demands then there will be no WvW.

Also, the GvG community has been inviting resentment towards itself with how it treats not only Dev livestreams but discussions counter to their positions in general.

You know me Asudem. I know all about that PPT game and was more hardcore about it than most did on TC but I can tell you that stat buff is in no way a positive addition to the game for WvWers or GvG-ers alike. Areanent with their subsequent changes has moved the game to support larger and larger blobs. WXP, then siege being tradeable and now these stat buffs.

The orb bonuses should not have been stat buffs all also should not spread across the whole wvw population. They should have made it so it had buffs such as quicker upgrades, more supply per dolyak. Things that directly add to defense and PPT rather than stats that help blobs and servers with superior coverage. They made a big mistake here again.

Secondly, GvG is very much an active and large part of WvW; however, I agree that ANET needs to separate GvG from WvW but they actually need to come out and say something on the subject or they are going to see a drastic drop in organized wvw population. This doesnt change the fact that arenanet has been kittenting on normal WvW from their patches in the last 6 or so months as well. Orbageddon sucks for us GvG-ers yeah but its equally bad for WvW-ers and PPT players.

Theongreyjoy
[VoTF] www.votf.net

in Community Creations

Posted by: Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

It’s a shame, really. There is no reason to implement this buff other than to specifically kill the GvG community.

Have fun losing 90% of your hardcore players, Anet…

Wishfull thinking. GvG community is very small part of WvW which is a small part of GW2.

Nowhere near “90%” lol

Note the bold.

My personal opinion is that yes, 90% of the hardcore guilds GvG atm. My reasoning is that, for as long as I’ve been playing videogames is that considers himself “hardcore” is someone that has a competitive spirit, and wants to work hard to become the best, or among the best. The only way right now that you can have some sort of guild ranking is through GvGs.

Open field fighting is really fun, and I like it as much as GvGing, but that can’t really be put as a competitive measure. Neither can the score, since it’s pretty clear that is only about coverage. You just have to take a look at some T1/T2 threads to see how that works out, it’s always like: “OMG Z Guild is so bad, we on X guild just wiped their entire map blob with 20 people”, and then you see in a video that is was basically even numbers, or the guy posting the video sometimes had 30 PuGs behind him on the minimap. If you loose a GvG, there’s no excuses, no hiding behind “Oh they prolly had way more than us”, it’s “Well, we lost, they outplayed us. Here is what we can improve on. Heads up and back to the draw-board”.

[Scnd] Use Your Illusion

in Community Creations

Xsorus.2507

I actually think the ability to turn off the Buff would be a reasonable solution to the GvG whining about unfair fights…

in Community Creations

Xsorus.2507

tried suggesting this in my old guild numerous times but gvg is only ‘cool’ if you do it 15+, whiich is dumb imo for the reasons you pointed out. Its fun and people who enjoy it are entitled to it if they want, but wvw is not a gvg mode. it IS a zerg based mode.

elitism and sensationalism seem to go hand in hand in this game. the bloodlust buff is a great change to encourage action, and could serve as a focus point for ‘proper’ guilds to fight the enemy servers, not the ones that are only interested in gvg or ‘good fights only’. right now its too cool to say ‘i only gvg cos points are for noobs and im not a noob lolol’ and something needs to be done to get these players interested in a game mode they do enjoy and stop trying to make wvw something it’s not; an organized duel with rules and goodmanner/badmanner. that’s spvp.

because for a good few months they had the majority vote and people actually went along with it. been saying this for a long time and im glad a few people are starting to be more vocal about it, as in this game and it’s forums, people are very linear when it comes to trying new things out. discussion often serves as the vehicle needed to shift parts of the games meta i.e. first we had a focus by hardcore wvw’ers (generally speaking ofcourse) on points and emplacements. then came roaming. then dueling, then gvg. for a while the dueling/gvg meta really changed wvw and made it suck as people attitudes got really stinky only able to see the current trend and not think past it, not with this buff and the gvg ‘issue’ coming to the fore, as long as people KEEP being vocal AN will have to break and give us a statement about what the deal is, and why they aren’t providing proper gvg support outside of wvw. your game is called GUILD. WARS, arenanet. wvw is the war yes, but you should at least be vocal about gvg support outside of this.

cant wait for this freaking buff to wvw and for my solo roaming guardian to be fun again seeing how long I can bunker one of these points with my personal cannon. buff up ? > cannon pewpewpew!

I sat and watched a GvG one day to see what it was about, and while its a bit more buff managing wise it all revolved around the same thing, a Bunch of Warriors and Guardians in a clump spamming AOE, It is really zero difference from Zerging except the sides are even, I couldn’t point out a single player that was actually remotely skillful because it was just zerg balling….

10vs10 Would be a lot better to watch, and actually promote something akin to actual skill.

in Community Creations

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

I have said it before and it clearly bears repeating, our focus is on making improvements to WvW as a game type. When we implement changes it is with that goal in mind. We are aware of the GvG scene and we think it is really impressive, but the effects of any of our changes on GvG as it currently exists are not a priority for us. As such, when changes do come in, like the new map, some of them will be a positive for the GvG crowd and some will not. However, none of the changes we make are intended to stamp out GvG nor are they intended to make GvG more popular. When/if we focus our attention on GvG we will do our utmost to make it a game type that fits the needs of as many people as possible. That time is not now.

We are focused on WvW right now and improving it. Please try not to conflate our decisions in regards to WvW as some sort of judgement or endorsement of GvG in any form.

in Community Creations

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

GvG doesn’t bring anything to WvW other than entertainment for the guilds involved.

this is not true. dozens of people spectate GvG matches, and actually, theyre a lot easier to follow than spvp tourneys.

regarding numbers, i can say with near certainty GvG has a bigger following than spvp currently. so the devs can ignore this for only so long.

GvG is the WvW endgame. it gives people involved in WvW something to strive for. unlike spvp, GvG’s meta evolves naturally with many more viable specs in comparison.

if you look at some high tier GvG’s, those players have a lot of skill and likely know their profs inside and out. sorry to burst your bubbles, but most pvp’ers are actually in WvW.

When/if we focus our attention on GvG we will do our utmost to make it a game type that fits the needs of as many people as possible. That time is not now.

Devon, you dont need to get involved in GvG and make it this big thing, this new game mode. all you have to do is support this thriving community. support, that’s all. the least you can do as a dev is stay neutral and not take it away from us. you guys are not staying neutral toward GvG.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

http://youtu.be/u7BLhqhtszk?t=8m45s

Think Ogre has been a kind of voice of the PvP community for a while, thought this would be a nice message to spread the word more to those that don’t follow his show regularly

If Ogre is the voice of the PvP community, then he’s at the heart of any PvP problems, not Anet… Why would you waste your time listening to this guy?

in Community Creations

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

People wouldn’t even care about gvg if your “improvements to WvW as a game type” didn’t ruin any form of open field fighting in favor of sitting in keeps with siege.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

I have said it before and it clearly bears repeating, our focus is on making improvements to WvW as a game type. When we implement changes it is with that goal in mind. We are aware of the GvG scene and we think it is really impressive, but the effects of any of our changes on GvG as it currently exists are not a priority for us. As such, when changes do come in, like the new map, some of them will be a positive for the GvG crowd and some will not. However, none of the changes we make are intended to stamp out GvG nor are they intended to make GvG more popular. When/if we focus our attention on GvG we will do our utmost to make it a game type that fits the needs of as many people as possible. That time is not now.

We are focused on WvW right now and improving it. Please try not to conflate our decisions in regards to WvW as some sort of judgement or endorsement of GvG in any form.

We are really not asking for much atm, we don’t need a new game mode (well, we actually do, but that would take some time to develop), all we ask is the option to disable the stat buff for ourselves. This will have 0 effect on any plans you have for WvW, and is something that would be REALLY easy to change. That’s all we ask.

[Scnd] Use Your Illusion

in Community Creations

Posted by: Sanny.1270

Sanny.1270

If GvG’s were 5 v 5 fights or id go as far and say 10 on 10 ( although i think that’s a bit much imo, but could possibly work ), id support it and even take part in it but currently its nothing more then a Zerg on Zerg fight. You people do the same to each other as what larger zergs do, only difference being you pre set the fight and even the number try to justify it as skillful play.

As much as i hate S/Tpvp being conquest, and would prefer it to be TDM at least Anet understands that 1 group v 1 group is what skilled play is. That’s why 5 on 5 ‘s are being pushed as a competitive atmosphere and not 20 v 20’s.

Second To God ~ 80 Warrior
http://www.youtube.com/user/T3hSanny

in Community Creations

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

DM in gw2 is a LOT of fun and the game is by nature much better balanced with DM in mind. if you take away conquest, build diversity explodes. this is why WvW and GvG are so popular, and spvp is not.

in Community Creations

Posted by: besaah.2516

besaah.2516

DM in gw2 is a LOT of fun and the game is by nature much better balanced with DM in mind. if you take away conquest, build diversity explodes. this is why WvW and GvG are so popular, and spvp is not.

conquest involves way more strategie and teamplay, the difficultie ist naturaly higher. with having the option to just simulate a deathmatch people will obviously go for the deathmatch. after all it’s more fun to kill people rather than out strategize them.