LupiWorld Record 7s by [rT] (unofficial)

in Community Creations

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

Excellent, thank you both!

in Community Creations

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

You only have yourselves to blame when this gets nerfed to oblivion. If I were you guys I’d keep this stuff under the table so they don’t nerf it. But since you insist on being seen by others/getting attention and recognition. Then do not be upset when they change it one of these days.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in Community Creations

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

You only have yourselves to blame when this gets nerfed to oblivion. If I were you guys I’d keep this stuff under the table so they don’t nerf it. But since you insist on being seen by others/getting attention and recognition. Then do not be upset when they change it one of these days.

They won’t be. They can do this boss naked, so it’ll only hurt casuals when it gets nerfed. And that’s fine.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Community Creations

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

We wanted this done before ferocity changes because we didnt know much it would hurt organised groups damage.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Bumbler.7581

Bumbler.7581

They won’t care. The number of people who need this skill as a crutch is probably close to 0. This was done purely for a record to see how fast it could be done.

In Chancery (Jade Quarry, NA) – The Instance Mesmer
#readingLFGisOP #savethewarden
#wallsfixdungeons

in Community Creations

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Thought I’d bring this up:

According to the boss timer rules we agreed on at the ‘record rules’ meeting, this isn’t legit :>

Personally, I prefer the timer method used in this kill, but others didn’t agree as much. They preferred: Boss kill timers start as soon as the boss is aggro’d to you and/or moves/starts an attack animation, and ends when the boss is dead.

Obviously, we have the ability to change the rule, if people wish to see it that way. I guess we could also just make two boss kill rules… >_>

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

in Community Creations

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

The best players will always kill him fast and with great ease. Even in my guilds casual runs we always kill him in around minute or much less depending on if reflect or fgs are used. Never have a I seen a pug come close to that. Good players really don’t care that much if fgs or even zerker gets nerfed, good players will always excel. Most of us would like to see lupi buffed!

in Community Creations

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

According to the boss timer rules we agreed on at the ‘record rules’ meeting, this isn’t legit :>

Personally, I prefer the timer method used in this kill, but others didn’t agree as much. They preferred: Boss kill timers start as soon as the boss is aggro’d to you and/or moves/starts an attack animation, and ends when the boss is dead.

Obviously, we have the ability to change the rule, if people wish to see it that way. I guess we could also just make two boss kill rules… >_>

Won’t this record be void after Ferocity anyway? If so, it really doesn’t matter either.

in Community Creations

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Won’t this record be void after Ferocity anyway? If so, it really doesn’t matter either.

The timing method won’t be affected by Ferocity, only the time. The point being, if people decide they prefer “The first frame that the boss takes damage/receives a condition, the timer starts”, than the currently listed method, then we need to look at revising the rule(s).

in Community Creations

spoj.9672

This was done under the lupi speed clear thread rules. Were not too bothered about it not fitting gwscr rules.

Personally I would prefer them to change to first damage though. Otherwise for boss solos without consumables classes with instant teleports or stealths are going to have a slight advantage at the start.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

We didnt submit it to gwscr.com anyways, so its not relevant, if it can be around ‘all time records’ thats fine, otherwise its not relevant, this was not done with the intention of having it qualify.

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

in Community Creations

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

we did it under the lupicus speedclear compilation thread rules, because these rules have been used for lupi solos and stuff all the time.

[qT] Quantify

in Community Creations

The Mexican Cookie.3690

We didnt submit it to gwscr.com anyways, so its not relevant, if it can be around ‘all time records’ thats fine, otherwise its not relevant, this was not done with the intention of having it qualify.

Then why do we even bother agree’ing on rules, if we’re just going to make up our own as we go?

Whether or not you submitted it isn’t relevant. What’s relevant is that you’ve claimed it as the world record, using rules that weren’t agreed on by the guilds at the record meeting.

GWSCR didn’t make up rules only for GWSCR. The guild wars 2 high-end guilds made up the rules that they wanted to use for records of every sort, and GWSCR published them, and provided a place to share them. When you claim a world record, you’re expected to follow the rules that we as a community agreed on, not what ‘gwscr tells you to’.

(edited by The Mexican Cookie.3690)

in Community Creations

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

Guys, you’re crazy. Congratulations!

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

in Community Creations

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Then why do we even bother agree’ing on rules, if we’re just going to make up our own as we go?

Whether or not you submitted it isn’t relevant. What’s relevant is that you’ve claimed it as the world record, using rules that weren’t agreed on by the guilds at the record meeting.

GWSCR didn’t make up rules only for GWSCR. The guild wars 2 high-end guilds made up the rules that they wanted to use for records of every sort, and GWSCR published them, and provided a place to share them. When you claim a world record, you’re expected to follow the rules that we as a community agreed on, not what ‘gwscr tells you to’.

What will you do when someone who didn’t agree on the rules claims a record?

in Community Creations

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

This discussion is worthless, in the end it doesn´t matter.

U can´t make rules everyone will except. So u can´t discuss about breaking the rules or not.

There is no “we” as a community.

in Community Creations

Sanderinoa.8065

What will you do when someone who didn’t agree on the rules claims a record?

Then its not accepted as a record… quite logically

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]

in Community Creations

spoj.9672

All previous lupi records were done under the lupi thread ruleset. It would of been pointless to change that just for this 1 kill. Besides the new boss ruleset makes every record in that thread invalid so im not sure why most guilds agreed to that.

The records will all be invalid when ferocity gets introduced anyway so it really doesnt matter. This is either an all time unrestricted record or its an unofficial record. You dont have to put it on gwscr. We didnt submit it to gwscr so we dont really care what you do.

in Community Creations

The Mexican Cookie.3690

We didnt submit it to gwscr so we dont really care what you do.

The point is that it’s submitted as a world record, I don’t know why you keep bringing gwscr into this. It’s like you didn’t even read what I said to Sandy.

Call it a 7.033 second Lupicus kill, and I’ll stop caring.

in Community Creations

haviz.1340

I recall being told to make my own website with the rules if I don’t like them.

Oh, I did call it without using word ‘record’ if that hurts you so much.

in Community Creations

NoTrigger.8396

U can´t talk about “the community” if only a few guilds claim the right to make rules everyone should follow for themthelves.

This is completly dumb and childish.

Kindly crawl back into your PUG groups, please. This discussion is between people who actually have a chance at setting a record, regardless of rules.

he is probably better than most of the people in specific guilds that you consider to have a chance at setting a record.

and now stop with this bad mannered stuff.

[qT] Quantify

in Community Creations

Posted by: Anicetus.1253

Anicetus.1253

As long as we do not submit this as a world record to gwscr, everything seems fine to me. I uploaded my 45 seconds lupicus kill as “world record” true, but didn’t include it in the record list. I’m actually fine with the rules for boss kills you came up with on the meeting, I just will not change the ever existing ruleset for lupicus kills in my thread. If we ever submit something as a world record to gwscr that doesn’t match the rules, feel free to decline it.

in Community Creations

Sanderinoa.8065

There, unofficial, that good? I will apologise on behalf of whoever in rT has appeared disrespectful or whatever.

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]

in Community Creations

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I typed up a wall of text, and then the forums decided that it didn’t want it.

Sure, Sandy. That works.

TL;DR of what I had typed (I had typed a lot): The reason I’m upset is because rT are a big reason why I ended up bending over and putting all that work into revamping gwscr. People weren’t happy with the state of it, so I listened to everything you had to say regarding records in guild wars 2, and I’ve been trying my best to deliver. When you submit something like this as the world record, using rules that conflict with what we all agreed on, it just makes me think that I did all of it for nothing. They aren’t my rules, they’re your guys rules. I’m simply helping you make them a bit more ‘fun’. If you don’t agree with a rule, or want to see one added/removed, let it be known.

inb4 boohoo Cookie wts kleenex coupon

in Community Creations

Posted by: Agony.3542

Agony.3542

Well I demand a seperate section of GWSCR for Solos and another seperate section for speedkills. I also demand a new meeting for making up the rules of these sections.
When I thought about the speedclear meeting and proper rules, I actually had speed*clears* in mind, not speed*kills* or anything along these lines.
Showing a both refined aswell as practical way to complete a dungeon isn’t the same as showing how fast you can deal 1,6million damage while avoiding certain abilities to trigger.

RIP game 2012-2014

in Community Creations

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Well I demand a seperate section of GWSCR for Solos and another seperate section for speedkills. I also demand a new meeting for making up the rules of these sections.
When I thought about the speedclear meeting and proper rules, I actually had speed*clears* in mind, not speed*kills* or anything along these lines.
Showing a both refined aswell as practical way to complete a dungeon isn’t the same as showing how fast you can deal 1,6million damage while avoiding certain abilities to trigger.

As I’ve been trying to say: I can’t do things that I don’t know are wanted. We literally have the ability to host pretty much anything you want to see, but I can’t do that if you don’t help me, by telling me what you’d like to see.

There will be a leaderboard for boss solo’s/dungeon solo’s in the next day or two. Speedkills will have a place on a leaderboard, using whatever conditions that you want (consumables, no consumables, glitches, no glitches, etc). The only rule that was set was the timer rule, because people didn’t like the idea that you could spend x seconds positioning a boss before you started the kill timer. I however have absolutely no issue at all with supporting your guys timing method, but instead of talking to me about it, I was pretty much told to gtfo. There is no reason at all why we can’t use both timing methods. There is no reason why this, and the lupi records from Dubs thread couldn’t be posted as the current meta/all-time lupicus kills on a fancy leaderboard. The only thing stopping that is you.

Anyway, I’m done posting here, I’m derailing the thread. Thank you Sandy for being understanding. If anyone wants to abuse me, or ask me questions, just PM me.

in Community Creations

haviz.1340

I might be wrong here but only 2 guilds (maybe just 1) take seriously speedkilling dungeon bosses (mostly lupi anyway) and I’m pretty sure one of those guilds is okay with positioning bosses before the fight because that’s not a speedrun. It should show some different tactics than doing rotations behind reflects.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

Who cares about the “rules” that were designed by players. This is a kill that shows how fast all his health can be taken from start to finish. People can accept it or call it bull. In the end, a set of player-made rules is not going to convince anyone who has already decided that it is not a legitimate kill. Also, we’ve been using the method of “first damage tick starts the fight” for lupi solos for months.

[DnT]

in Community Creations

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Madness. Give bosses some decent abilities please, to avoid things like this.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Community Creations

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

Who cares about the “rules” that were designed by players. This is a kill that shows how fast all his health can be taken from start to finish. People can accept it or call it bull. In the end, a set of player-made rules is not going to convince anyone who has already decided that it is not a legitimate kill. Also, we’ve been using the method of “first damage tick starts the fight” for lupi solos for months.

The people who made the rules care about the rules, I feel like that’s pretty obvious. The players made the rules they wanted to use for world records, and it’s kind of expected that said players would follow them. It doesn’t matter what people ‘used to use’, when there was recently a rule set established by participating players.

Regardless, this is pointless. I’ve already settled everything by talking to Haviz, so the argument doesn’t need to continue, since people are incapable of using rational thinking. The rule was added, it doesn’t conflict with what was agreed on at the meeting, and ultimately it results in more varied competition for everyone, plus makes more people happy.

Thanks.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

in Community Creations

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

Where is Burnfall when you need him

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Community Creations

Posted by: Xfile.3598

Xfile.3598

Amazing. Well done! Bravo!

in Community Creations

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

I will say that this is an impressive speed kill of lupicus. However there are several things that stood out to me in the video right away. Lupicus clearly attacked your party (with the hand swipe motion), long before you started your 7 second timer counter, not to mention that lupicus aggroed your party and that you started using your skills to get to 25 stacks of might long before then as well. You also turned off auto targeting so that your could be able to use your elementalist Dragon Tooth attacks on your fire fields AND to be able to use your Firey Greatsword #4 skill and have all the fire trail be under him. (you are also it looks like up against a low wall so you don’t move anywhere)

So yes while this is impressive, you took a lot longer than 7 seconds to kill Lupi, as you started building up might stacks before that and Lupi aggroed/attacked you as well. The 25 stacks of might is one of the core reasons of you doing so much damage, that is a factor into it.

And let’s not forget that Lupicus didn’t even do his phase change and going invulnerable.

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

(edited by Fallout.1798)

in Community Creations

NoTrigger.8396

and all of this is intended.

- autotarget is bad. you should have turned it off anyway. we didnt turn it off only for this kill. (there are even people who call turning it off an exploit, which is pretty stupid, lol)
- even in normal dungeon runs we have 25 might stacks for every boss fight.
- lupi doesnt change his phase if you kill him during his animation.
- people have always used timer start from first damage dealt frame to 1 frame after the kill for speedkills.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Compilation-of-Lupicus-Speedclears/first

[qT] Quantify

(edited by NoTrigger.8396)

in Community Creations

haviz.1340

Turned off autotargeting, I think I’ve seen enough!