in Community Creations

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Heh, I love it, great job!

Mid's Art Corner

in Community Creations

Posted by: Midget.6150

Midget.6150

To Frin: Okay, I’ll try to do some sketches tomorrow! (or today in fact :D)

To Natsu: Glad you like it! :)

Casual newbie airhead and self-proclaimed artist

Mid's Art Corner

in Community Creations

Posted by: Iona.6307

Iona.6307

Finally, some fresh pictures! …of Tirri being silly. Yessirree.

Attachments:

Mid's Art Corner

in Community Creations

Posted by: Fringilla Vigo.8594

Fringilla Vigo.8594

Ok, so here is a couple of screenshots as a reference to my guardian. If you need any more of either him or her, please let me know. Basically I think that him having his shield up, ready to take an attack and her standing calmly would do the trick :-)
Please let me know what do you think :-)

Attachments:

Mid's Art Corner

in Community Creations

Midget.6150

Wow, I have to admit that the guardian was the right choice, he looks awesome! The shield looks fantastic, and I quite like the “battle ready” stance, maybe if you could do one more shot like the 4th one, but a little bit more from the side? So more of the shield is visible? :)

And for the ele… I like the screen where she stands holding up her staff (it’s 4th screen in Saraphina’s thread), but if you could do one more shot of her from greater distance (so I can see more of her legs). :)

Mid's Art Corner

in Community Creations

Fringilla Vigo.8594

Hope this helps!
And you guessed my identity just right :-)
I’ll write up some more tomorrow for sure :-)

Attachments:

Mid's Art Corner

in Community Creations

Midget.6150

Yeah, thanks, that’ll do, I’ll sketch it as soon as possible (maybe Thursday / Friday) :) And wow, that staff is beautiful! I’m really looking forward to this :)

And for anyone interested I have oficially opened up commissions :) See the first post for more info! :)

(edited by Midget.6150)

Mid's Art Corner

in Community Creations

Fringilla Vigo.8594

Actually, I haven’t told you the story behind the guardian :-)
So to have long story short – I’m not entirely happy with the concept of sylvari in GW2 for several reasons.
The main one is that we don’t like the concept of plants behaving like animals.
When I said we I meant my wife (who is biologist) and myself (interested in science in general) – we cannot rationally “buy” this race by any means possible.
So in my little GW 2 universe sylvari would be something else – they are…
Well, I cannot fully reveal what they are because of the concept I keep for the book that I have in mind (that is my project waiting for way too long :-) but think of something that is an object possessed by some “power” – hence the totally black and hollow eyes – because there are no emotions in them. So is my guardian – he isn’t even sentient being by all means of this word – although he appears to be one. He behaves like one. but he is only the vessel of some other power doing the task that he suppose to.

And if it comes to his looks – I was aiming at something really simple, soldier like. And that armor reminding of roman warrior suits him well so I would never change it into something fancy,
Colors correspond nicely with his (bark?) skin features and weapons suits also character well.

The only thing that might be out of place is his hairstyle, but in the beginning I was aiming for the demonic look of that character and… I’m really pleased how it turned out.

I’m not entirely sure whether it helps in the drawing process, but… it won’t disturb it either. At least i hope so.

Mid's Art Corner

in Community Creations

Midget.6150

Woah a book, now that’s awesome! Good luck with that, I’m looking forward to it although I probably won’t be able to read it :(

And thank you very much for the story, it indeed helps a lot! Actually I was wondering about the black eyes so now I know what’s going on :) And as I said already, I love stories :) I will do my best to reflect it in the picture!

Mid's Art Corner

in Community Creations

Posted by: Rilke Cadmus.6829

Rilke Cadmus.6829

Also don’t know if it helps, but I have a short story for my Engineer, it is in the Fan-Generated Content section under the header “Tnekk’s Story”

Tnekk/ Fyrni/ Rina Selania/ Doroga Icemaul
“And also… I can kill you with my brain.”
~River Tam~

Mid's Art Corner

in Community Creations

Posted by: Rilke Cadmus.6829

Rilke Cadmus.6829

Here are some more screenies for Tnekk.

Attachments:

Tnekk/ Fyrni/ Rina Selania/ Doroga Icemaul
“And also… I can kill you with my brain.”
~River Tam~

Mid's Art Corner

in Community Creations

Fringilla Vigo.8594

Hello again,
After a consultation with my wife we decided that we go for something that
a)Wouldn’t be too much complicated for you to draw
b)Wouldn’t steal that attention from the characters
c)Would be relatively good match for the chosen poses
d)Would be rather dark and grim, not nice, bright and cheerful (especially that you lean towards “dark” looking characters
e)Would spice up the drawing a bit with the general ambiance

So after browsing all of our screenshots we have found something like that on her laptop.
I know the resolution is kinda crappy but I hope it would be sufficient for the purpose of background – after all its not about the details, its more about the ambiance :-)

Attachments:

Mid's Art Corner

in Community Creations

Midget.6150

To Rilke: Thanks for the screenies and the story! :)

To Frin: Oh my, that is an awesome background! Working on the sketch some more atm :)

Mid's Art Corner

in Community Creations

Midget.6150

Long time no see! For everyone wondering I am indeed still alive (barely though :D). At the moment the juggling of school and work is getting a little rough and I am working on Frin’s huge commission (finishing the sketch, shading begins soon).

In the meantime I wanted to show you my main toon, actually the first GW2 art I did.

Attachments:

Mid's Art Corner

in Community Creations

Fringilla Vigo.8594

Here is the picture that might be a good point of reference. All of the details in PM :-)

Attachments: