Save the whales

Save the whales

in Community Creations

Posted by: Arkengel RaF.9672

Arkengel RaF.9672

Why do we not have a way to save the beached whales in Lion’s Arch? Quaggan sad.

Save the whales

in Community Creations

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Maybe they don’t WANT to go back… i mean, whatever’s in the water must be pretty scarey for the whales to take their chances on land with the rest of us

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Save the whales

in Community Creations

Posted by: Snow White.9680

Snow White.9680

I find the cries of the dying whales on the beaches very disturbing.

Save the whales

in Community Creations

Posted by: Cherrysoul.3507

Cherrysoul.3507

The Whales make me sad I want to help them Anet!!!

Save the whales

in Community Creations

Posted by: Polaritie.4851

Polaritie.4851

Clearly, we need to bring an army of players with knockback skills, and go nuts.

Bonus points for elementalists using Tornado.

Save the whales

in Community Creations

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

on my server, there is no whale …

# Asura because I’m worth it!

Save the whales

in Community Creations

Posted by: oneeyedirishman.6835

oneeyedirishman.6835

The whales are gone! kitten I wanted to save them. I’ll never forget you Lord Quaggalopolis.

Save the whales

in Community Creations

Posted by: Lt Latency.7415

Lt Latency.7415

I would assume this is build up to the lost shores

Save the whales

in Community Creations

Posted by: Arkengel RaF.9672

Arkengel RaF.9672

Yes, it might be build up but it still saddens me, I spent the whole day standing there and watering the whale with the bucket but she dind’t get better.

Save the whales

in Community Creations

Posted by: Natjur.4017

Natjur.4017

So
(1) What scared them to run onto dry land,
(2) What then came and got them anyway!
(3) Where did you get the bucket of water from and why did it not help (even a little)

Save the whales

in Community Creations

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Yes, it might be build up but it still saddens me, I spent the whole day standing there and watering the whale with the bucket but she dind’t get better.

I saw that water bucket and did the same! I also found it very sad…

Save the whales

in Community Creations

Posted by: Xander.9024

Xander.9024

@Natjur

Maybe it was bubbles?

Save the whales

in Community Creations

Posted by: Senik.6549

Senik.6549

Clearly, we need to bring an army of players with knockback skills, and go nuts.

Or a group of engineers:

Save the whales

in Community Creations

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Or a group of engineers:

snip

Heh, I made reference to that incident too on Tarnished Coast but just got the weirdest looks, I guess not everyone has heard of _that_incident :p

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Save the whales

in Community Creations

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Or a group of engineers:

snip

Heh, I made reference to that incident too on Tarnished Coast but just got the weirdest looks, I guess not everyone has heard of _that_incident :p

Yep, that incident was also referenced by some members in my guild. And another one wanted to throw a big BBQ!

Save the whales

in Community Creations

Posted by: Mil.3562

Mil.3562

Maybe we need a few people to splash water over the whale at the same time in order to save it? shrug

Save the whales

in Community Creations

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Maybe they don’t WANT to go back… i mean, whatever’s in the water must be pretty scarey for the whales to take their chances on land with the rest of us

Methinks that, before all this is said and done, we’re going to see “Bubbles”, Tequatl, and the entire krait nation also scrambling for dry land along with the whales. A hard rain’s gonna fall on you Quaggan haters.

Attachments:

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

(edited by Moderator)

Save the whales

in Community Creations

Posted by: Maniacal.1985

Maniacal.1985

The whales appear to have been removed in tonight’s dye fixing update At least they are on Tarnished Coast. Several players are mourning the whales on the beach and hoping they are safe.

Save the whales

in Community Creations

Posted by: Greiger.7092

Greiger.7092

They are perfectly safe. Us charr made absolutely sure of that. We took over the shift for the nighttime waterers, and we watered them and they all got up and thanked us before going back into the ocean. It was wonderful.

Really it was.

Why are you looking at me like that? We’ve always had these big slabs of meat in our storage rooms... Its...uh...dolyak...yea, giant dolyak. They’re everywhere in Ascalon.

(edited by Greiger.7092)

Save the whales

in Community Creations

Posted by: Lumin.6512

Lumin.6512

Can anyone confirm that they are still there on any servers? I desperately needed a few more moments of footage for a video I’m trying to get done but now they’re missing…. : (

Save the whales

in Community Creations

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Ive got this wonderful new perfume called LA Beach. got it from an Asuran charlatan named Gadd if i remember correctly or was it Vekk

Save the whales

in Community Creations

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

or, you know, get some whale oil and fat and have a feast

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Save the whales

in Community Creations

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Quaggan eat whales,

I would like to see whale hunts where we help Quaggan go on icelandic style whaling events. Icelandic whaling involves herding whales to a beach them and kill them for food.

Save the whales

in Community Creations

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

I tried too to use the water buckets!

I think this is definetly going to be about Bubbles/DSD. Only something THAT scary would make Whales flee to LAs shore.

Oh, and I haven’t seen in game that awesome Leviathan from one of the trailers… maybe this is when he shows up?? The one right at the end of the manifesto trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35BPhT-KI1E

I think it is time for that thing to show up!

Save the whales

in Community Creations

Posted by: White Raven.4368

White Raven.4368

I made my Ranger stand on one of the Whales mouth and cry.The +5 regen salt tears did nothing.

Desolation [LOST]Lost in Socks Guild.

Save the whales

in Community Creations

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Just logged on with my Asuran mesmer…the whales are indeed gone. Also, although I had read that one of the Asura gates in Corolis (sp?) Plaza had become active, none of them were.

In any event, it’s further evidence of the approach of UberQuaggan.

Are YOU ready?

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Save the whales

in Community Creations

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

But most importantly, why are they so small?

Save the whales

in Community Creations

Posted by: callidus.7085

callidus.7085

This would be an AWESOME idea for an event chain.. some sort of animal conservation type event.. no fighting involved because it’s in the town but have a meter and all the players trying to knock them back into the water and because the skills all have relatively long cool downs (and we’d want it to take a while so that a lot of players can gather to participate) also have water buckets around so other players can try to keep the whales wet while we push it back into the water.. so a meter showing how long until it’s back in the water and one measuring the whales well being (not health, we shouldn’t let them die) and we get rewarded for the well being of the whale once it is once again back in the water.

That’d be cool ^.^

Slow down and smell the pixels.

Save the whales

in Community Creations

Posted by: OldRodKS.9758

OldRodKS.9758

Some people were saying that whales weren’t showing up on overflow servers. Maybe they are still there but you were in overflow?

I haven’t checked yet today, but they were there last night on TC.

Playing on Tarnished Coast
Playing a various Stormspire alt – if it’s Stormspire, it’s probably me
Guilds: Elder Prophets [EP], Principality of New Katulus (PiNK)

Save the whales

in Community Creations

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

Save the whales; collect the whole set!

This message was brought to you by a Kitten with a Keyboard

Save the whales

in Community Creations

Posted by: Samfisher.7942

Samfisher.7942

They were all…sent to Dunwall. hint hint

Ezendor [SYN] – Synapse, Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

Save the whales

in Community Creations

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

The whales appear to have been removed in tonight’s dye fixing update At least they are on Tarnished Coast. Several players are mourning the whales on the beach and hoping they are safe.

They are safe well ….safeish..er sort of …ok i confess there not safe but i got cooking from 290 to 365

Ulfar SOR

Save the whales

in Community Creations

Posted by: callidus.7085

callidus.7085

They are safe well ….safeish..er sort of …ok i confess there not safe but i got cooking from 290 to 365

So safely inserted into someones fulfilled stomach?

That’s too bad they took them out.. I still think it’d be cool to have some in town (non combat) dynamic events that reflect current changes going on in the world / nearby… not a lot, just one or two (per town, they should be unique).

Slow down and smell the pixels.

Save the whales

in Community Creations

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

They are perfectly safe. Us charr made absolutely sure of that. We took over the shift for the nighttime waterers, and we watered them and they all got up and thanked us before going back into the ocean. It was wonderful.

Really it was.

Why are you looking at me like that? We’ve always had these big slabs of meat in our storage rooms… Its…uh…dolyak…yea, giant dolyak. They’re everywhere in Ascalon.

LOL.

I was about to post that they must have returned safely since we don’t see any bodies but you have a point about all the charr in Lion’s Arch :o

It would have been neat if there had been some kind of event around returning them. Oh well, it was still a nice touch.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)