When a PvE Bunny (me) and sPVPer go to WvW!

in Community Creations

Posted by: Splat Zone.8319

Splat Zone.8319

We obviously have no idea what we’re doing, but it’s okay; we had fun.

Upper Echelon [Echo] – Fort Aspenwood Guild
Toy – Engineer /~\ Nibelung Luminaire – Guardian

in Community Creations

Posted by: MrFluffy.9307

MrFluffy.9307

so this is what goes through the mind of your kind in WvW ._.

Hi

in Community Creations

Splat Zone.8319

Pretty much a completely different mind set lol.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

This is exactly how i imagined pve players think

“lets take the ram without rank2 or 3, its just for the achievement”“ow if i get the chance ill burn supply on a wall thats actively being trebbed”

And thats why a lot of WvW players have a strong dislike towards the pve achievement hunters.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

“lets take the ram without rank2 or 3, its just for the achievement”“ow if i get the chance ill burn supply on a wall thats actively being trebbed”

And thats why a lot of WvW players have a strong dislike towards the pve achievement hunters.

you seem like a fun person

in Community Creations

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

but the OP sounds like he had more fun than you have while playing @Terrahero

so whats the problem?

in Community Creations

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Dont forget loveable.

but the OP sounds like he had more fun than you have while playing @Terrahero

so whats the problem?

The same problem as someone who is playing cluelessly in a dungeon, watching all the cutscenes, kitten ing around, engaging a fight on every pack.

He may be having a whale of a time. But the rest of the party is not. People with no siege-masteries may have fun jumping on siege, like Rams. But the whole zerg who is now getting delayed, potentially to the point that the assault fails because it wasnt fast enough, is not amused.

(edited by Terrahero.9358)

in Community Creations

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

In that situation Ram 3 was sufficient and he deferred to the other player after a time.

I’ll agree that some achievements encourage poor decisions from new players though. I prefer to think of whole situation as the growing pains of breaking in recruits rather than WvW being ruined by tourists.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

(edited by arKRazor.8654)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Are they (/puts on sunglasses) ruining your game mode?

in Community Creations

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

I think the word was “violating”.

in Community Creations

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Well it’s not like the OP is incapable of learning. He already learned that with his Ram Mastery he should use skill #2 next time. And he had fun, so as much as I would like to kick his kitten for the wasting supply on repairs comment, kudos to him. Perhaps he’ll even shape up to becoming a “real” WvW player.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in Community Creations

Posted by: Khanswrath.1032

Khanswrath.1032

5:58 is a classic /s

Khanswrath-80 Thief [ODN]
“Do not argue with an idiot.
He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. "

in Community Creations

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

so this is what goes through the mind of your kind in WvW ._.

Hahah. Exactly what I thought.

PvE’rs are a strange species.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Community Creations

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

He seems like an honest person. So many of us WvW vets think exactly this. Its very frustrating.

in Community Creations

Splat Zone.8319

I’m sorry if we offended some of you WvW vets as me and my spvp friend are still trying to get a feel into the WvW scene. We’ll try to get better and as well try to have fun at the sametime.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

It’s OK Splat, your video shows only positive, maybe slightly naive, but honest attitude. Nothing wrong with that. All the moaning and groaning crowd should look at themselves for reasons of their grief.

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

in Community Creations

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

If you’re willing to listen to advice and learn, then WvWers will forgive you your initial noobiness and accept you with open arms.

Its the ones who point-blank refuse to listen and don’t give a kitten if they ruin it for everyone else who aren’t welcome.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

in Community Creations

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

Its the ones who point-blank refuse to listen and don’t give a kitten if they ruin it for everyone else who aren’t welcome.

And (not to be a devil advocate, but) who cares, I might add? One can simply ignore the chat and do whatever they like to do. As long as it is within the rules (ToC/CoC/whatever you call it, which are pretty wide), nobody can do kitten about it.

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

(edited by Yaro.3251)

in Community Creations

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

And (not to be a devil advocate, but) who cares, I might add? One can simply ignore the chat and do whatever they like to do. As long as it is within the rules (ToC/CoC/whatever you call it, which are pretty wide), nobody can do kitten about it.

And to play devil’s advocate right back at you: what if the few (that ignore and do whatever they like) are spoiling the fun for the many (who work hard as a team, or at the very least towards the common good) then? Isn’t that against the ToC/CoC too? You cannot just put forgiveness in a blanket statement like that without considering both sides of the argument. Should anyone (the one/few/many) be allowed to have their fun at the expense of someone else (the one/few/many)?

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief