Crafe.8017

SUMMER GUILD GAMES 2013
July 12 – 14th 2013
Start Time (Server Time): 5pm Friday, 12pm Saturday and Sunday
Events will take place on the Fort Aspenwood Server

Events are as follow

Friday
Opening Trek
All guilds will form up outside the Black Citadel. From there we will travel to Hoelbrak, then to Divinity’s Reach, The Grove, and conclude at Rata Sum. This zerg through the zones will serve as an open ceremony and is open to anyone to participate in.

Saturday

Wildspine Mortar Challenge (1 Participant from each guild)
Each contestant will be given 10 shots to hit as many targets as possible. (Note multiple targets in the same shot only count as 1 target and you can not hit the same target twice in a row.) The Top 8 Scorers from round one will advance. Top 4 from round 2 will advance to the finals.
Points are awarded as follows: Make it to the 2nd round 1pt. Make it to the finals 1pt. 4th – 1pt, 3rd – 2pts, 2nd – 4pts, 1st – 6pts.

Wildspine Ballista Challenge (1 Participant from each guild)
Each contestant will be given 60 seconds to hit as many targets as possible. (Note multiple targets in the same shot only count as 1 target). The Top 8 Scorers from round one will advance. Top 4 from round 2 will advance to the finals.
Points are awarded as follows: Make it to the 2nd round 1pt. Make it to the finals 1pt. 4th – 1pt, 3rd – 2pts, 2nd – 4pts, 1st – 6pts.

Wildspine Hill Climb (1 Participant from each guild)
Contestants will line up at a pre-determined start point and race up the hill. There will be a banner waiting at the finish line and the first to pick it up wins the race. All races will be in 2 rounds – 4 groups of 4 in the first round with the winners facing each other in the final race. NO TELEPORTING of any kind will be permitted. Speed buffs are fine.
Points are awarded as follows: Make it to the finals 2pts. Win the final 4pts.

Stormbluff Isle Cannon Challenge (1 Participant from each guild)
Each contestant will be given 10 shots to hit as many targets as possible. (Note multiple targets in the same shot only count as 1 target and you can not hit the same target twice in a row) The Top 8 Scorers from round one will advance. Top 4 from round 2 will advance to the finals.

Sunday

Divinity’s Reach Foot Race (1 Participant from each guild)
Contestants will line up at a pre-determined start point and race around the circle of Divinity’s Reach. There will be a banner waiting at the finish line and the first to pick it up wins the race. All races will be in 2 rounds – 4 groups of 4 in the first round with the winners facing each other in the final race. NO TELEPORTING of any kind will be permitted. Speed buffs are fine.

Ebon Hawke Foot Race (1 Participant from each guild)
Contestants will line up at a pre-determined start point and race around the circle of Ebon Hawke. There will be a banner waiting at the finish line and the first to pick it up wins the race. All races will be in 2 rounds – 4 groups of 4 in the first round with the winners facing each other in the final race. NO TELEPORTING of any kind will be permitted. Speed buffs are fine.

Singles Dueling Tournament (1 Participant from each guild)
Will take place on a private sPvP server. Contestants will stand idle while waiting for their duel. Others can spectate. Duel will start on a countdown from 3 and end when one contestant is dead. There is a pre-established boundary that can be crossed accidentally or if pushed out, however blatantly running out of it will result in a DQ. This event will be in single elimination tournament format until the final 4.
Points are awarded as follows: 1st – 6pts, 2nd – 4pts, 3rd 2pts, 4th 1pt.

Team Dueling Tournament (5 Participants from each guild)
This event will take place on a private sPvP server. The 2 guilds facing each other will be assigned to red or blue. Each guild must decide which order their participants will duel in. Then a series of duels will take place (Guild 1’s first vs. guild 2’s first, and so on) It will be a best of 5 series so first to 3 wins will win the match. This will be a single elimination style tournament until the final four. There is a pre-established boundary that can be crossed accidentally or if pushed out, however blatantly running out of it will result in a DQ.

(edited by Crafe.8017)

2013 Summer Guild Games (Concluded)

in In-game Events

Posted by: Crafe.8017

Crafe.8017

Here are some further details:

What is Guild Games?
Guild Games is an Olympic style event between participating guilds. Guilds compete in events for points which at the end determine who wins.

How many guilds participate?
8 – 16

Do the same people have to participate in an event once they start it?
Yes, before each event competitors must be named. Once they compete, they have to be the one finishing the event. If they are unable to complete the event your guild will forfeit that match-up.

How will Duels happen?
I will make a custom server in the sPvP. There rules will be established to ensure duels can take place.

How will you pair people up for the dueling tournaments?
Tournament seeding will be based off the rankings at the start of the event.

Will there be a prize for winning?
At this point, no. Just bragging rights. Without having a guild hall that can be decorated, there is no way to give a trophy of any sort.

This is an event I ran back in another MMO for a few years and bringing it to this game. I am looking for 16 guilds to compete and will accept more than that as fill-ins incase someone doesn’t show or will expand to 32 guilds if we have enough interest.
I currently have [SD] from Ehmry Bay, [ARMY], [ECHO], [LAWL], [PACT], [PS] and [vVv] from Fort Aspenwood , and [MCG] from Sanctum of Rall signed up. If you would like to have your guild sign up please respond to this post.

If you have questions feel free to ask.

(edited by Crafe.8017)

in In-game Events

Crafe.8017

Day 1 Results
——————————————-
Mortar Challenge
1st – SD, 2nd – PACT, 3rd – PS, 4th – Lawl
Champion: Krikella [SD]

Ballista Challenge
1st – Lawl, 2nd – vVv, 3rd – Army, 4th – MCG
Champion: Rivan Galder [Lawl]

Wildspine Hill Climb
1st – vVv, 2nd – MCG
Champion: Warbl [vVv]

Cannon Challenge
1st – SD, 2nd – PS, 3rd – Lawl, 4th – vVv
Champion: Seanna Silver [SD]

Drinking Tournament
1st – MCG, 2nd – PS, 3rd – SD, 4th – vVv
Champion: Bayhle Kegsmasher [MCG]

Point Totals at the end of Day 1
1st – SD (18pts)
2nd – vVv (15pts)
3rd – Lawl (13pts)
3rd – PS (13pts)
5th – MCG (10pts)
6th – PACT (6pts)
7th – Army (3pts)
8th – Echo (0pts)

Day 2 Results
——————————————

Divintys Reach Footrace
1st – MCG, 2nd – SD
Champion: Sleepcoma [MCG]

Ebonhawke Footrace
1st – vVv, 2nd – PS
Champion: Croire [vVv]

Ebonhawke Hillclimb
1st – vVv, 2nd – PACT
Champion: Croire

Singles Dueling Tournament
1st – Lawl, 2nd – Pact, 3rd – vVv, 4th – PS
Champion: Revolting [Lawl]

Doubles Dueling Tournament
1st – vVv, 2nd Lawl, 3rd – PACT, 4th – MCG
Champions: Mila Storm & Original Remix

Team Dueling Tournament
1st – vVv, 2nd – Pact, 3rd – Lawl, 4th – PS
Champions: Cynicalcake, Original Remix, Croire, Bagzli, Studguardian

Final Standings
——————————————
1st – vVv (41pts)
2nd – Lawl (25pts)
3rd – SD (20pts)
4th – PACT (18pts)
5th- MCG (17pts)
5th – PS (17pts)
7th – Army (3pts)
8th – Echo (0pts)

(edited by Crafe.8017)

in In-game Events

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Hello Crafe, this is an event on US servers though? EU and US servers can’t guest.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

(edited by Sirendor.1394)

in In-game Events

Crafe.8017

That’s a shame. :-/

in In-game Events

Posted by: Talenna.4052

Talenna.4052

I remember Crafe’s events from SWG, a lot of players participated and had a lot of fun.

Good luck with your event, Crafe!

in In-game Events

Crafe.8017

Thanks Caer, it is too bad SEA won’t be able to make it since EU can’t guest on NA servers though :-/

in In-game Events

Crafe.8017

Updated this to show that events will be held on the Fort Aspenwood server which is a North American server.

in In-game Events

Crafe.8017

Updated a rule to the races stating that no teleportation is allowed. This includes spells, abilities that jump you ahead, and waypoints.

in In-game Events

Crafe.8017

Updated a rule in the pvp events regarding boundaries.

in In-game Events

Crafe.8017

Updated: Added a new racing event “Ebonhawke Hill Climb”

in In-game Events

Posted by: Kriknav.9268

Kriknav.9268

Hey Crafe,

Excellent event you got going here. Please sign up Solemn Dreams [SD] from Ehmry Bay. We are still working out our roster but we should be able to fill a spot if one is available.

in In-game Events

Crafe.8017

Hey, got you added to the list, I will contact you in game as well.

This will probably round out the list of competitors. Was close to 16 before but a lot of guilds couldn’t get the interest so going to go 8 this time around.

If your guild is interested in being a fill-In in case a guild doesn’t show contact me.

Otherwise I will be running this event again in a few months for the fall. I plan to make that one much bigger.

in In-game Events

Kriknav.9268

Crafe,

You have the days and times laid out, but I had a question about the schedule. Are events to be held sequentially or simultaneously? That is will Saturday’s events start and noon and held back to back or all at the same time?

My problem is that we are having trouble getting enough to fill the roster for all events, so I was wondering if I could fill multiple events with the same guildie? Obviously that won’t work if all events are occurring at the same time.

Thanks.

in In-game Events

Crafe.8017

It is 1 event at a time, so you can use the same guildies for diff events

in In-game Events

Crafe.8017

Important Update!!!

I cant edit the main post for some reason and there are 2 events I am trying to add:

EbonHawke Hill Climb (1 Participant from each guild)
Contestants will line up at a pre-determined start point and race up the hill. There will be a banner waiting at the finish line and the first to pick it up wins the race. All races will be in 2 rounds – 4 groups of 4 in the first round with the winners facing each other in the final race. NO TELEPORTING of any kind will be permitted. Speed buffs are fine.

This will take place after the Wildspine hill climb on Saturday

Doubles Dueling Tournament (1 Participant from each guild)
Will take place on a private sPvP server. Contestants will stand idle while waiting for their duel. Others can spectate. Duel will start on a countdown from 3 and end when both contestant from one team are dead. There is a pre-established boundary that can be crossed accidentally or if pushed out, however blatantly running out of it will result in a DQ. This event will be in single elimination tournament format until the final 4.

This will take place after the Singles dueling tournament on Sunday.

in In-game Events

Crafe.8017

Another Important Update, there will be another event added.

Drinking Tournament
Using the new drinking game with the latest update, there will be a tournament using these tables. Pairings for the tournament will be in reverse order of overall standings.
Points are awarded as follows: 1st – 6pts, 2nd – 4pts, 3rd – 2pts, 4th – 1pt.

This event will be the last event on Saturday.

in In-game Events

Crafe.8017

Day 1 is in the books, thanks to all those who came out.

I wasn’t calculating the points right during the event.. The results that have been posted are corrected and official results.

Day 2, 12PM Pacific time in Divinity’s Reach

in In-game Events

Crafe.8017

Final Results have been updated!!!

Congrats to vVv and thank you to all who participated!!

in In-game Events

Kriknav.9268

Crafe can you review the results for Day 2 and the final standings, I think there might be some typos in there.

Day 2 event 1, the champion’s name was right, but the guild attribution is wrong, I think.

The final standings has 3rd place with 18 pts and 4th place with 20 pts. Not sure if the guild names are in the wrong place or what, but if you could review that, I’d be very appreciative.

More than anything I’d like to extend my thanks on behalf of Solemn Dreams [SD] for organizing this whole thing!! We realize this was no easy effort and we had a blast participating. We are excited to hear more about the next Olympics. Maybe ArenaNet would be willing to front some prizes for the next one (hint, hint ArenaNet)?!?!

in In-game Events

Posted by: Lamorak.2568

Lamorak.2568

Thank you so much for organizing this Crafe! I know it must have been a lot of work putting it together but these guys had a blast.

Sorrow’s Furnace

in In-game Events

Crafe.8017

Crafe can you review the results for Day 2 and the final standings, I think there might be some typos in there.

Day 2 event 1, the champion’s name was right, but the guild attribution is wrong, I think.

The final standings has 3rd place with 18 pts and 4th place with 20 pts. Not sure if the guild names are in the wrong place or what, but if you could review that, I’d be very appreciative.

More than anything I’d like to extend my thanks on behalf of Solemn Dreams [SD] for organizing this whole thing!! We realize this was no easy effort and we had a blast participating. We are excited to hear more about the next Olympics. Maybe ArenaNet would be willing to front some prizes for the next one (hint, hint ArenaNet)?!?!

Hahaha, sorry… was on my last brain cells of the night after the 2 day event… I will fix it.