[[Unofficial GvG Scene Thread]]

in In-game Events

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Yay, I love being moved to a forum where the last post on the page is from over a month ago.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in In-game Events

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Sadface is sad, but understanding.

in In-game Events

saiyr.3071

I’m not understanding. At this point we may as well set up an external forum, because this thread has basically been moved to a place where devs won’t ever read it.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Hey everybody,

In the best interests of all involved, we have decided to move the GvG organizational thread over to the In-game events subforum instead of its usual home in the WvW discussion forum. The impetus for this change is primarily due to the ongoing, negative conflict between the WvW and GvG communities. We feel the hostility between these two groups detracts from both the GvG thread and WvW topics and requires a disproportionate amount of moderator attention.

The In-game Events subforum will be a good fit for the GvG organization thread, as it is an ongoing, player-organized in-game activity and therefore fits well into the intended purpose of that forum. For other related discussion of GvG that does not fall under the general organization thread, please use the Guild Wars 2 Discussion subforum.

AKA gtfo, we do not want you in wvw, how dare you fight guilds against guilds in an attempt to perform on a level playing field without siege, didn’t you know this is siegewars2, etc.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Wompage.4586

Wompage.4586

Hey everybody,

In the best interests of all involved, we have decided to move the GvG organizational thread over to the In-game events subforum instead of its usual home in the WvW discussion forum. The impetus for this change is primarily due to the ongoing, negative conflict between the WvW and GvG communities. We feel the hostility between these two groups detracts from both the GvG thread and WvW topics and requires a disproportionate amount of moderator attention.

The In-game Events subforum will be a good fit for the GvG organization thread, as it is an ongoing, player-organized in-game activity and therefore fits well into the intended purpose of that forum. For other related discussion of GvG that does not fall under the general organization thread, please use the Guild Wars 2 Discussion subforum.

Between the showdown thread, this, and orbageddon, I think we have Anets stance pretty firmly identified here.

Oh and Mark. Does that mean all the anti thief/perplexity/etc threads are going to be moved too? They aren’t discussion about WvW either… I won’t hold my breath.

I’m not understanding. At this point we may as well set up an external forum, because this thread has basically been moved to a place where devs won’t ever read it.

I think this is pretty much necessary at this point

Soulorai – http://www.youtube.com/soulorai
[Scnd][RG][TUP]

in In-game Events

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Yay, I love being moved to a forum where the last post on the page is from over a month ago.

Then it represents a perfect opportunity to take over this sub-forum as claim it as your own GvG forum.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in In-game Events

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Host it on the mag forums :P

in In-game Events

saiyr.3071

Then it represents a perfect opportunity to take over this sub-forum as claim it as your own GvG forum.

In-game events, a wild new frontier

Host it on the mag forums :P

It should not be hosted on any server forum in my opinion, which is why I appreciate Thuley’s and/or Jinx’s (ew) effort in setting one up on the Ehmry forums but probably won’t be posting there.

in In-game Events

Posted by: ThaOwner.7560

ThaOwner.7560

yeah, pretty much a slap in the face moving the thread here

Tybstra| Everything Purple [EP] | Maguuma

in In-game Events

Posted by: Caliban.3176

Caliban.3176

This is mean.

It belongs in WvW.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
7.2k+ hours played on Minesweeper

in In-game Events

Wompage.4586

This is mean.

It belongs in WvW.

Clearly not, however the asuraball thread, which is played in spvp, can stay

[Scnd][RG][TUP]

in In-game Events

Posted by: Maudlin.8652

Maudlin.8652

Wow, that’s a slap in the face.

in In-game Events

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

There is no conflict between the “WvW” community and the “GvG” community. The GvG community IS the WvW community. Every single big WvW guild does GvGs, and I’d argue that GvG guilds take up at least 60-70% of the total hours played in WvW.

On average, most of my guildies have over 1k hours in WvW. I have close to 3k, personally.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in In-game Events

Posted by: Benjamin.6235

Benjamin.6235

Anet, tell us how you really feel.

I’ve taken the hint. See you guys in the next game to come around.

[DERP] – Maguuma

in In-game Events

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

There is no conflict between the “WvW” community and the “GvG” community. The GvG community IS the WvW community.

You regularly have people coming in here and crying about it or making other threads about it, the fact that you don’t see them before they get deleted doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen.

I can at the very least tell you that in NA T1 opinions are wide and variable on the subject.

Every single big WvW guild does GvGs, and I’d argue that GvG guilds take up at least 60-70% of the total hours played in WvW.

I can confirm this to be patently false. In fact some of us dislike GvG in its entirety because it completely subverts the whole concept of free-range PvP where terrain and other factors play a big part in deciding the winner.

I’m pretty sure HB isn’t small, either.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in In-game Events

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Suggestions subforum treatment: when a thread has become too uncomfortable to stay in highlights, but too important to go in trashcan without major uproar, move it where nobody will probably see it again.

Well played Anet….

/disappoint

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in In-game Events

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

What a joke. A game called “guild wars” and it wants no GVG action. This game shoulda been called Zerg wars, or Clash of the Zergs. WvW is a kittening joke where coverage wins, and with the upcoming ORBs coming back its only gonna make the stronger server have an even bigger advantage.

It really should not be a shock to anyone that Anet is trying to hide/discourage the GVG movement. They do not listen or care at all about what the player base wants.

Just a small list of what ppl have been asking for since beta

1) GVG arena

2) A counter for wvw, so we can see how many ppl r on what map, and an estimate on the que

3) Glitches getting fixed, such as ppl glitching threw gates or wall climbing.

4) Zergs, Ppl have wanted small group fights since the start, but anet keeps making changes to benefit the Zergs more then smaller organized groups. Such as a Raid option where u can have 25 ppl in it and the buffs only effect thos 25 in your raid.

5) Private guild commander tags, or Just better commander tag options

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in In-game Events

Posted by: mekkanic.4759

mekkanic.4759

Im kind of curious of this move. I understand that gvg is its own meta-game apart from wvw. But… shouldnt arenanet dispose of all threads that are negative towards gvgs in wvw? People will still complain of gvg activity in the wvw forums, not here.

At least they have " acknowledged" our presence. But maybe it is shortlived due to orbageddon.

[Agg] ression

in In-game Events

ParaldaWind.4523

Can someone make a new thread called [[Unofficial Open Field Fights in Strategically Unimportant Locations Thread]]?

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]

in In-game Events

Posted by: Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

I think this may actually be a good idea. Let’s make every post on the 1st page of this subforum about GvG. We can have posts for every big matchup for discussion without getting it too cluttered. When this becomes more active than the actual WvW subforum, we’ll prolly have enough to push for a rename to Guild vs Guild subforum

[Scnd] Use Your Illusion

in In-game Events

SykkoB.9465

There is no conflict between the “WvW” community and the “GvG” community. The GvG community IS the WvW community.

You regularly have people coming in here and crying about it or making other threads about it, the fact that you don’t see them before they get deleted doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen.

I can at the very least tell you that in NA T1 opinions are wide and variable on the subject.

Every single big WvW guild does GvGs, and I’d argue that GvG guilds take up at least 60-70% of the total hours played in WvW.

I can confirm this to be patently false. In fact some of us dislike GvG in its entirety because it completely subverts the whole concept of free-range PvP where terrain and other factors play a big part in deciding the winner.

I’m pretty sure HB isn’t small, either.

For the most part it is ONLY YOUR SERVER that has the biggest issue with GVG.

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in In-game Events

Vena.8436

I’m sure you have absolutely zero ways of substantiating that claim.

[Eon] – Blackgate

in In-game Events

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Naw. Reps from JQ have stated their server is uniformly against it, too. Seems to be a T1 NA thing, and pretty much nowhere else.

Heck, even Vizunah GvGs.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in In-game Events

ParaldaWind.4523

I’m sure you have absolutely zero ways of substantiating that claim.

SoR has 5 large guilds who GvG.
Blackgate has 3.
Tarnished Coast has 8.
Fort Aspenwood has 5.
Dragonbrand has 7.
Maguuma has 5 (and these guilds make up 80% of our organized WvW presence, to boot).

It goes on, and on, and on. But JQ, while having tons of large guilds, refuses to GvG. I think only DA would GvG when we matched up against them. I’m pretty sure that T1 NA zerglings are the only ones who even complain about GvG on the forums, anyways.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]

in In-game Events

Vena.8436

I don’t think BG is uniformly against GvGs, some of our guilds GvG regularly. Its just done such that it occurs at the end of the week so as to not interfere with people who want to play WvW.

We had an issue not long ago where a GvG cost us a T3 keep, and a lot of kitten started getting flung around because of it. This is why it is done at the end of the week.

[Eon] – Blackgate

in In-game Events

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

I kinda want all of us GvGers to just quit the game for a month, and lets see how lively WvW will be.

Motherkittening EZNET.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

I like Mif’s idea. Let’s just make this forum the unofficial GvG forum.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Saruon.4085

Saruon.4085

We are being treated like the red headed step child

[Aggression] -Relentless by Nature-
We <3 Haters
The Prophet of Aggression

in In-game Events

SykkoB.9465

I think this may actually be a good idea. Let’s make every post on the 1st page of this subforum about GvG. We can have posts for every big matchup for discussion without getting it too cluttered. When this becomes more active than the actual WvW subforum, we’ll prolly have enough to push for a rename to Guild vs Guild subforum

This is a great idea, lets turn this INTO r GVG FORUMS. Lets make it so big and loud that Anet can no longer ignore us, and give us r Arena like we have been asking for.

We can now Make r own MAtchup threads per match and go into great detail on each one.

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in In-game Events

Posted by: PredatoR.5247

PredatoR.5247

actually, ^ yes.

Jericho The Usurper[Agg] – Aggression

in In-game Events

Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Since we’ve been kicked under the rug by the mods, might as well do something under here, last other message on this forum is 20+ days ago, so I guess we can use it w/o getting bothered by the zerglings.
So, instead of having to clump all of our subjects on the single GvG topic, let’s just take over this place, make topics for all the big matches for discussion, videos, etc.
Have a topic for 10v10s, 15v15s, 20v20s, kitten it whatever, let’s show that GvGers are big enough not to be treated like 2nd class citizens, and make this thing more used than the WvW forums!

[Scnd] Use Your Illusion

in In-game Events

saiyr.3071

Had a thought about this recently but forgot about it. I think it would be cool to have some sort of “Guild of the Week” for the GvGing guilds on the gw2gvg.com website in the same vein as the GotW from GW1. Maybe longer than a week, since it would take a fair amount of work. It would be cool to learn a bit more about guilds and the people in them, how they run, and so on. I’m especially interested in guilds in the lower NA tiers that I never see and a lot of EU guilds that I never will see. Am I the only one that thinks so?

in In-game Events

Wompage.4586

Had a thought about this recently but forgot about it. I think it would be cool to have some sort of “Guild of the Week” for the GvGing guilds on the gw2gvg.com website in the same vein as the GotW from GW1. Maybe longer than a week, since it would take a fair amount of work. It would be cool to learn a bit more about guilds and the people in them, how they run, and so on. I’m especially interested in guilds in the lower NA tiers that I never see and a lot of EU guilds that I never will see. Am I the only one that thinks so?

A guild spotlight kinda thing would be awesome for GvG showdown, or for gw2gvg. Maybe interviews with members etc. Would be great for the well known guilds as well as some upcoming guilds.

[Scnd][RG][TUP]

in In-game Events

Posted by: Az z.2746

Az z.2746

I thought the same thing while catching up with this thread, let’s make this dead forum our own. Each match is in fact an in-game event, makes sense having a thread for each of them.

Azz ~
( Sg Az / Rg Az / Wr Az / Gr Az )
http://www.youtube.com/user/azzalan/

(edited by Az z.2746)

in In-game Events

Posted by: Caliban.3176

Caliban.3176

This is a great idea, lets turn this INTO r GVG FORUMS. Lets make it so big and loud that Anet can no longer ignore us, and give us r Arena like we have been asking for.

We can now Make r own MAtchup threads per match and go into great detail on each one.

I dunno, Anet has proven to be incredibly good at ignoring players. Often with right (like all the thief whining threads) but too often good suggestions and feedback as well.

I think there is no limit to the amount of beautiful things they can ignore.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
7.2k+ hours played on Minesweeper

in In-game Events

saiyr.3071

A guild spotlight kinda thing would be awesome for GvG showdown, or for gw2gvg. Maybe interviews with members etc. Would be great for the well known guilds as well as some upcoming guilds.

Yeah, it would work as a Showdown segment, as well. My personal preference is text, though. And also, I think doing it separately from Showdown will distribute the work more evenly, since Ogre already puts a lot of work into it.

in In-game Events

Posted by: SabreWalrus.8647

SabreWalrus.8647

I fully support the initiative here. We’ve got our own little corner here, so let’s use it

Zacharus, Warrior.
Second Law.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Ogre.1750

Ogre.1750

Guys, you know whats going on. We are the systemical error. They will cyclically purge us, weaken us, divide us, control us… Can they stop us? It certainly looks like it with the orbaggedon and the thread purge..

What are we gonna do? Fade into oblivion until the next big thing? Forget Gw2? Curse and vanish? Or are we gonna FIGHT?

Take control of this land, make 1st page our page… fight the power. Die with the boots on, ladies and gentlemen. Lets dance this rock & roll.

We can always make periodical incursions in the WvW forum homeland anyhow. its not like its not our home anymore. We just got Dalai Lamaed, endure or perish.

Red Guard™ thug for life — GvG SHOWDOWN host
https://www.youtube.com/user/KAZOgre

in In-game Events

Vena.8436

If they wanted to purge you, they’d have just deleted the threads and banned you if you kept opening it.

Now you have a forum to literally make your own since no one else has used it and GvG is by definition a community emergent gameplay. :P

If I can make a suggestion, can we make 10vs/15vs/20vs threads for match-ups? Easier to track rather than countless XvsY threads with all sorts of numbers.

[Eon] – Blackgate

(edited by Vena.8436)

in In-game Events

Wompage.4586

If they wanted to purge you, they’d have just deleted the threads and banned you if you kept opening it.

Now you have a forum to literally make your own since no one else has used it and GvG is by definition a community emergent gameplay. :P

If I can make a suggestion, can we make 10vs/15vs/20vs threads for match-ups?

Seeing as they are all technically “in-game events” we could have individual threads for each GvG if we really wanted. Maybe a cumulative thread for GvG videos?

[Scnd][RG][TUP]

in In-game Events

Vena.8436

Seeing as they are all technically “in-game events” we could have individual threads for each GvG if we really wanted. Maybe a cumulative thread for GvG videos?

Makes it hard to track imo if you have individual match threads since there’s no date stamp when browsing the forum without entering a topic. But if you have like a cumulative listing that would probably help a lot in allowing one to find the matches they are actually interested in watching.

[Eon] – Blackgate

in In-game Events

saiyr.3071

Maybe we could tag each individual thread with size/date?

in In-game Events

Wompage.4586

Maybe we could tag each individual thread with size/date?

Exactly. For example:
Scnd vs BSF 26/08/13 20v20 as a title

[Scnd][RG][TUP]

in In-game Events

Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Makes it hard to track imo if you have individual match threads since there’s no date stamp when browsing the forum without entering a topic. But if you have like a cumulative listing that would probably help a lot in allowing one to find the matches they are actually interested in watching.

Ya, we just gotta set a standard title, maybe something like
[EU/NA] Guild1 vs Guild2 [SizeVSize][Date]

[Scnd] Use Your Illusion

in In-game Events

Vena.8436

That’s pretty good, and I’d still say to have a cumulative thread (heck see if you can get it stickied) so that we won’t need to dig through archives of back pages.

[EU/NA] Guild1 vs. Guild2 [Xvs][Date]

[Eon] – Blackgate

in In-game Events

saiyr.3071

That’s pretty good, and I’d still say to have a cumulative thread (heck see if you can get it stickied) so that we won’t need to dig through archives of back pages.

[EU/NA] Guild1 vs. Guild2 [Xvs][Date]

IMHO the archive should really be gw2gvg.com, if we’re aiming for a video archive. Forum threads have their own limitations. You can’t aggregate all matches into one post because you’ll run out of space, and if you can’t do that, you’ll still be digging through something. People should attach their video links to the match entries. I think Jayne mentioned it from before, but I’m not sure if people are doing it (my guess is no)

in In-game Events

Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Should we start a thread with GvG guilds currently recruiting / open to apps? Someone with enough time to keep it all updated on the first post do it

[Scnd] Use Your Illusion

in In-game Events

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Example

[RET] vs [EP] Aug 25 2013

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

(edited by Furiousbeard.7602)

in In-game Events

Posted by: Ogre.1750

Ogre.1750

Yeah you’re right, they actually sticked a warning in WvW too… kitten should have taken a deep breath before posting. Its just that im a sucker for paranoia… again, this will be better for the community. They literally gave us a forum.

Now lets hope orbaggedon doesnt wipe us all out and we’re cool beans.

Red Guard™ thug for life — GvG SHOWDOWN host
https://www.youtube.com/user/KAZOgre

in In-game Events

Vena.8436

Example

[RET] vs [EP] Aug 25 2013

Need numbers vs → 15vs or 20vs or 500000 vs.

[Eon] – Blackgate