[[Unofficial GvG Scene Thread]]

in In-game Events

Posted by: Centrix.4065

Centrix.4065

How about you stop talking bullkitten?

1st time we talked to your leader we didn’t refused to GvG you guys. I suggested we could do one but never ever accepted a challenge actually. It wasn’t our fault that you took holidays just for a GvG which wasn’t even clear that it will take place at all.

2nd time we met we just could GvG on a Wednesday and you just on a Thursday and said we don’t have to force anything and just let it be.

You mean when we asked you on friday for the next thursday, you accepted, then sunday we hear you don’t have enough people to field, and all week we saw you run with 30+ and do gvgs and spars with other guilds? I see…

Today was the first time actually we refused a GvG against VII and we will refuse any other GvG invitation for this week and probably the upcoming weeks as well.
We are recruiting atm to get back in action again but there is no point fighting a guild while many core members are mia.

You say today was the first time you refused, but you did list 3 instances where we could’ve had a gvg, but didn’t. So you’re saying we refused the first two?

And why did u do a gvg 2 days ago, but won’t accept any other guild us?

Everytime we hear stories/excuses/whatever with a milion loopholes in it why you can’t gvg us. It’s getting pretty obvious you’re avoiding us for some unknown reason (for us, since ur stories don’t make sense to what we observe, sorry), and rather than clearing things up or admitting to this or whatever is going on, you’re just burrying us in more (what seems to be) lies.

Lv.80 Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer, Thief
[VII] Seventh Legion | http://twitch.tv/censtudios

(edited by Centrix.4065)

in In-game Events

Posted by: MartyPartys.9187

MartyPartys.9187

I’d like to comment on the glicko 2 discussion.

First of all, a computer will never be able to think like a human, so dont expect it that to be.

Glicko will use all the info it has, if you dont register some of your matches, how is glicko going to know?

The formula has been changed on the website, taking way more stuff into account when giving out rating. This is NOT visible on the current website, but will be on the new one.

I personally agree that rating doesnt mean anything and you should GvG nonetheless, but if you want to know who’s the best, glicko is your man. Why? Because Glicko doesnt have feelings, glicko doesnt have pride, glicko doesnt make exceptions.

I personally think some guilds are highly overrated by the people, and others are underrated, again, glicko doesnt have feelings and will just show you what it is. If you want to compare your own expectations to the glicko system, then it is never going to be the same. You may think bad of guilds you havent fought, or maybe are in lower tiers and dont GvG against the other top guilds, while glicko just uses numbers and rates them individually for their performance.

To give an example how the new formula affects the ladder: on the old website EP is place 14th after beating Agg with 7-0, while using the new formula they are actually in the top 3.

in In-game Events

Posted by: kribre.9683

kribre.9683

Do you have any ETA on the new website, Syndz? Really looking forward to see how it comes out! Moooaaaaarrrr previews/hints of the raitings plox!

Tripilios
[VII] – Seventh Legion – retired
[Dius] – Semper Dius – Kodash

in In-game Events

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

GvG Showdown ep 8 — Enjoy! o7

From the comments on video:

“Arturo Villanueva: Good joob? Ogro. BuLL will be back soon.

Sounds great

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

in In-game Events

Posted by: Dranul.2094

Dranul.2094

Awesome yet again ogre. As to others ducking matches, poor form. Hell we fought GD with whatever we had online and will continue in that way. Just a shame a lot don’t share our principles. How can you possibly test yourselves if you don’t try. Lame week ahead for us, terrible match up. I hope to see vii vs votf vs GD.. but some will dodge :-)

Dranul – Guild Leader – The Unlikely Plan [TUP]
Aurora Glade EU
http://theunlikelyplangw2.guildlaunch.com

in In-game Events

Posted by: MartyPartys.9187

MartyPartys.9187

Do you have any ETA on the new website, Syndz? Really looking forward to see how it comes out! Moooaaaaarrrr previews/hints of the raitings plox!

It’s in the testing phase right now

in In-game Events

Posted by: Khrums.3765

Khrums.3765

Show 1st class but way toooo early for crown

so far is VII – Scnd 1-1 in gvgs,
GvG win/lose ratio
VII 14
Scnd 11

Maybe when we see VII-Votf and both teams play official vs GD

Lets hope so GD will get team ready soon, 3th chance vs VII guys! go go

… what this time?

o/

Hand of Blood [HoB] Piken Square , VII Overflow

(edited by Khrums.3765)

in In-game Events

Posted by: Phoebe Poison.4875

Phoebe Poison.4875

I wouldn’t take that ‘crown’ business too seriously. None of the current top guilds is so clearly dominant over everyone else like it was with Red Guard. Which is actually a good thing.

-

in In-game Events

Posted by: SabreWalrus.8647

SabreWalrus.8647

We don’t feel like we have the “crown” yet, we still need to GvG GD

Zacharus, Warrior.
Second Law.

in In-game Events

Khrums.3765

… and VII again ^^

in In-game Events

Posted by: Orangu.4213

Orangu.4213

And VoTF again!

VoTF

(edited by Orangu.4213)

in In-game Events

Posted by: TheUltimateBackStabber.4863

TheUltimateBackStabber.4863

GvG Showdown ep 8 — Enjoy! o7

Always love these GvG Showdown vids, keep them coming

Hoping for some nice gvg’s this week like the gvg with [VII] vs [Scnd] from previous matchup. (Loved to hear Sacrx voice again xD)

I hope that more upcoming GvG’s get listed on the gw2gvg site, atm one from NA and the one I have :/ (would be fun to fight Yak, haven’t fought them in open field yet, so will be interesting ^^ can not wait)

Asuran race is the best… +
Fluttershy #1 :)

(edited by TheUltimateBackStabber.4863)

in In-game Events

Posted by: Chemsorly.3674

Chemsorly.3674

And VoTF again!

And Scnd again

oh, wait…

[RG] Red Guard, [TA] Team Aggression, [Scnd] Second Law
Staff Elementalist, Ultimate Dominator
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/chemsorly

in In-game Events

Posted by: suprNovae.5410

suprNovae.5410

Many people been saying GD cares so much about the rating, they say we actively dodge the VII GvG. Thats not true, our decisions were always reasonable,
but to prove our words with actions,
we decided to give VII a free win on the GW2GvG.com site. This should show you how much we care about the ratings. You may now say something like:
Hey GD, if you dont care about ratings, why you just dont go for the fight, no matter what you have? I wanna answer this with:
We have something like a GvG squad. And whenever we fight in an official GvG we gonna come up with the crew that gave us that high ranking, that made us this good.
You want to fight us for the challenge to fight 1 of the top 3 guilds, so its no point to disappoint you with some rallybots that joined the guild a second ago.
I gonna post a picture of the 1-0 below. Its up to VII to accept it or wait until we have the numbers and right people for it.
http://s14.directupload.net/file/d/3365/fzt9sl8m_png.htm

Sincerely
Good Old Days [GD]

Clint B E Eastwood – Guardian
Callous Philosophy [LaG]
† Good Old Days [GD]

(edited by suprNovae.5410)

in In-game Events

Posted by: Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Many people been saying GD cares so much about the rating, they say we actively dodge the VII GvG. Thats not true, our decisions were always reasonable,
we decided to give VII a free win on the GW2GvG.com site. This should show you how much we care about the ratings. You may now say something like:
Hey GD, if you dont care about ratings, why you just dont go for the fight, no matter what you have? I wanna answer this with:
We have something like a GvG squad. And whenever we fight in an official GvG we gonna come up with the crew that gave us that high ranking, that made us this good.
You want to fight us for the challenge to fight 1 of the top 3 guilds, so its no point to disappoint you with some rallybots that joined the guild a second ago.
I gonna post a picture of the 1-0 below. Its up to VII to accept it or wait until we have the numbers and right people for it.
http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/3365/pscnp5ww_png.htm

Sincerely
Good Old Days [GD]

On that screen…it’s actually 1-0 for you guys, not Vii..

[Scnd] Use Your Illusion

in In-game Events

Khrums.3765

Sincerely
Good Old Days [GD]

On that screen…it’s actually 1-0 for you guys, not Vii..

so generous ty guys!

in In-game Events

Posted by: Phoebe Poison.4875

Phoebe Poison.4875

Sincerely
Good Old Days [GD]

Stop recruiting rallybots.

-

in In-game Events

Posted by: suprNovae.5410

suprNovae.5410

http://s14.directupload.net/file/d/3365/fzt9sl8m_png.htm

Sincerely
Good Old Days [GD]

Just changed the link. Let’s leave it at that.

Clint B E Eastwood – Guardian
Callous Philosophy [LaG]
† Good Old Days [GD]

in In-game Events

Posted by: Equinox.4195

Equinox.4195

To give an example how the new formula affects the ladder: on the old website EP is place 14th after beating Agg with 7-0, while using the new formula they are actually in the top 3.

Wow, really? Despite our win-loss ratio. That’s amazing. Now, I’m really excited to see where our future matches land us in the ratings when the new website releases.

Equinox the Undying – Thug Necromancer
http://www.youtube.com/EPEquinox

in In-game Events

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Wow, really? Despite our win-loss ratio. That’s amazing. Now, I’m really excited to see where our future matches land us in the ratings when the new website releases.

:-O

in In-game Events

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

dear GvGers

this is why noone likes you

stop it.

Attachments:

in In-game Events

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

dear GvGers

this is why noone likes you

stop it.

Or maybe ANet could at least acknowledge the existence of a flourishing community of dedicated players and give them even a hint of a clue of a suggestion that someday we might get some support? Rather than consistently pretending we don’t exist, forcing people to go to extreme measures for attention?

Devon Carter couldn’t even bring himself to say the word “GvG” when he asked us to be quiet. Because you can’t ask a community that doesn’t exist to shut up, that would be insane.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

(edited by Ragnar.4257)

in In-game Events

Posted by: Wompage.4586

Wompage.4586

Where is GvG and when can we have it?
GvG is something we realise the community wants. Right now there’s no real way to persistently keep track of a team in PvP and assert their dominance. We’d rather spend a good deal amount of time making it awesome than just push it out because the community wants it asap.

Via: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1lgqoj/remember_when_i_asked_you_for_questions_for_mike/

Soulorai – http://www.youtube.com/soulorai
[Scnd][RG][TUP]

in In-game Events

Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Where is GvG and when can we have it?
GvG is something we realise the community wants. Right now there’s no real way to persistently keep track of a team in PvP and assert their dominance. We’d rather spend a good deal amount of time making it awesome than just push it out because the community wants it asap.

Via: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1lgqoj/remember_when_i_asked_you_for_questions_for_mike/

TL;DR: Not even working on it

[Scnd] Use Your Illusion

in In-game Events

Ragnar.4257

“GvG is something we realise the community wants. Right now there’s no real way to persistently keep track of a team in PvP and assert their dominance. We’d rather spend a good deal amount of time making it awesome than just push it out because the community wants it asap.*

wut

Finding a scoring/leaderboard system is the only thing holding this back?

just…….. wut?

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

in In-game Events

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

you arn’t making a protest

you’re throwing a tantrum

there is a difference

in In-game Events

Hickeroar.9734

Gotta agree at this point. The spamming has been going on for 30 minutes solid, and no end in sight. Just stop, seriously. They haven’t even gotten to their big WvW announcement yet. At least wait to spam until you know they actually didn’t make any strides or announcements around GvG.

in In-game Events

Posted by: FrankieBonez.8361

FrankieBonez.8361

“We’d rather spend a good deal amount of time making it awesome than just push it out because the community wants it asap”

This Exactly – do you really want them to rush out a kitten GvG feature to shut y’all up? Or do you want them to do it right? I actually would rather them fix and add content and substance to WvW as a whole to make it better as it is already an existing feature that has been ignored since launch.

MMO community these days are so impatient . . . spoiled i say! Spoiled!.

Overlord Sorin | Sorin Rising | Ansorin
Elephant Ambush [EA] | Dragonbrand | GW2 YouTube!

in In-game Events

Hickeroar.9734

“We’d rather spend a good deal amount of time making it awesome than just push it out because the community wants it asap”

This Exactly – do you really want them to rush out GvG? Or do you want them to do it right? I actually would rather them fix and add things to WvW as a whole to make it better as it is already an existing feature that has been ignored since launch.

Think about how fast they’ve pushed out every other piece of content in the game. They built and launched the entire fractal system in TWO MONTHS.

All we want is a mostly flat, square map that can be passworded. That’s….it.

in In-game Events

Ragnar.4257

This Exactly – do you really want them to rush out GvG? Or do you want them to do it right? I actually would rather them fix and add things to WvW as a whole to make it better as it is already an existing feature that has been ignored since launch.

That’s fair enough, I agree it’s better to wait and do something properly rather than rushing it.
And I can understand the general policy of not committing to release-dates or specific details until they’re 100% ready, because then people cry when it gets pushed back.

But that doesn’t mean they couldn’t at least say……… something……. anything, to let us know we aren’t just alone in the void, forgotten.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

in In-game Events

FrankieBonez.8361

Think about how fast they’ve pushed out every other piece of content in the game. They built and launched the entire fractal system in TWO MONTHS.

All we want is a mostly flat, square map that can be passworded. That’s….it.

Judging by how long it’s going to take the Thaumanova Reactor fractal to be added, i’m willing to think that Fractals were in development for longer than two months. But it’s speculation – i don’t know for sure.

Regardless, I would rather see them do GvG right with proper rankings and features, perhaps multiple maps rather than just a flat plain (before ya’ll get bored of it ).

in In-game Events

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

May I ask what you guys understand when asking about implementing Gvg?

Today’s twitch chat at anniversary bash showed a big demand of Gvg. Now I’ve played GW1 gvg for 6 years and I keep wondering how you guys see Gvg. I’m getting the impression it’s a 15v15 to 30v30 deathmatch.

Do you want a competitive Gvg infrastructure? With it’s own maps, rankings, outside of Wvw?

Or do you want it more casually? Still in Wvw, but more closed off of the actual WvW?

If it’s the latter, I don’t really see a problem with it.
If it’s the first, then you’re asking for the wrong things. This is only popular because it happens in the WvW scene where there are big guilds. Once you pull it outside and make it competitive, it’ll be much harder to get those numbers together every other night and it would become a very niche format (which it is now too). I’m afraid not much people realise this and when Anet decides to listen to the crowd they might make a mistake.

Would adding other gamemodes to the Pvp-side help alleviate this issue? Would adding more of an old-skool Gvg (a la GW1) maptype be good for you? I assume not, because it would still be 5v5.

But remember this. Gvg in GW1 was complex (what made it pretty fun actually) and required 8 people. Moving from GW1 to GW2 they decided they needed a more accesible pvp format and thus made it conquest based (which is easy to understand, but has a lot of depth) and lowered the people req. to 5. These were all good choices imo (Conquest mode debateble,but we know new maptypes are coming). The problem now with Pvp is the complete infrastructure around it and the meta/balancing/skill-reward issues.

Anyway, GW2 is built around conquest based pvp. And besides a plain deathmatch is not a good gamemode. Lots of games show this (even shooters have secondary objectives), because deathmatch is pretty boring and encourages the wrong things.

So please, before asking for a Gvg infrastructure, think about what you really want and what really is feasible.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in In-game Events

FrankieBonez.8361

But that doesn’t mean they couldn’t at least say……… something……. anything, to let us know we aren’t just alone in the void, forgotten.

Very true. At the very least – they did acknowledge the demand for it with the quoted post.

in In-game Events

Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

That’s fair enough, I agree it’s better to wait and do something properly rather than rushing it.
And I can understand the general policy of not committing to release-dates or specific details until they’re 100% ready, because then people cry when it gets pushed back.

The fact that right now we’re doing it in the middle of WvW, where spectators and other guilds can interfere, taking up queue slots, etc, is worse than having a temporary blank map to fight. They could add a temporary solution till releasing the real thing

[Scnd] Use Your Illusion

in In-game Events

Hickeroar.9734

Butch – People would be happy with a big, empty square map that could be passworded (or limited to only two specific guilds). Kinda PvP style, except with a high player limit (up to 30v30, for instance), and you can use your regular armor/build, not the PvP garbage build/armor system they have.

It’s essentially round-based team deathmatch.

in In-game Events

FrankieBonez.8361

The fact that right now we’re doing it in the middle of WvW, where spectators and other guilds can interfere, taking up queue slots, etc, is worse than having a temporary blank map to fight. They could add a temporary solution till releasing the real thing

I still would rather them release a full featured . . . feature, than a temporary fix tbh – aka: done properly. Also, y’all have to realize that although the current GvG community is demanding this feature, Anet has to make it appealing and attractive to everyone playing the game, or those looking to get into GvGs in order for it to be “worth it” for them to implement.

As vocal as the current community is (both WvW and GvG), it is only a small percentage of the game. PvE > PvP to developers – this has been prevalent throughout the history of MMOs. Darkfall, Shadowbane and old school UO (which catered to the hardcore PvP) died out because there just wasn’t enough support. Sadly, the PvE and casual crowd drive games forward.

(edited by FrankieBonez.8361)

in In-game Events

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Well, task force has gotten the task to implement Gvg. They’re gonna lose their entire Pvp population if they don’t implement it right.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in In-game Events

Hickeroar.9734

Task force? What task force? Link?

in In-game Events

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

RE: 7 week matches.

Silver lining is that it makes transferring to GvG focused tiers a bit easier. More reliable to transfer to find competition and it not murder your pocket. Transfer costs weekly is rough, but 7 weeks is tolerable.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Disturbed.4685

Disturbed.4685

i just realized that outside of the GvG community, people have no idea what it is about or how we go about it. It makes me wonder if Anet even knows…. also, Agg spamming a twitch feed now makes all of GvG look bad, thanks….

| [GF] Good Fights | GFguild.com |

in In-game Events

Hickeroar.9734

i just realized that outside of the GvG community, people have no idea what it is about or how we go about it. It makes me wonder if Anet even knows…. also, Agg spamming a twitch feed now makes all of GvG look bad, thanks….

That wasn’t just Agg. I saw a lot of guild references in there, including quite a few, uh, well known EU guilds.

in In-game Events

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

According to stream and sources gathering infos:

-Bloodlust (Orbageddon for friends) added September 17

-WvW seasons October 4

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in In-game Events

Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Well, I think basically the solution to all the carebears that will eventually transfer up for rewards is to transfer everyone that actually wants to fight to the bottom league..

[Scnd] Use Your Illusion

in In-game Events

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

Heh, i’ll believe the task force thing when they share actual information on what they’re doing… Which is, good luck with that one.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Disturbed.4685

Disturbed.4685

okay hickeroar.. my bad i did not know that.. but still negative attention is not what we want…

| [GF] Good Fights | GFguild.com |

in In-game Events

Hickeroar.9734

okay hickeroar.. my bad i did not know that.. but still negative attention is not what we want…

Agreed. I commented as such earlier on this page. :P

in In-game Events

Posted by: Joe.6184

Joe.6184

this is perfect opportunity for all gvg oriented guilds to choose a tier. maybe the last 6 server of EU and play on those servers.

FA Forum Warrior

in In-game Events

Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

this is perfect opportunity for all gvg oriented guilds to choose a tier. maybe the last 6 server of EU and play on those servers.

I guess this will be the only answer. We should try working on a consensus of having all the GvG EU/NA guilds move to one league and play for fights only, that would also be helpful to arrange with opposing teams for having the orb thing contested to stop the Orbageddon.

Maybe Don King Ogre could help with something of the sort?

[Scnd] Use Your Illusion

in In-game Events

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

It depends if the article about 4×6 leagues was right, or devon’s 2×12 leagues is right in regards to NA. If it’s 2 leagues of 12 servers… that’s more variation than right now so almost pointless to transfer. I hope it’s 4 leagues of 6 for NA.

in In-game Events

Posted by: PredatoR.5247

PredatoR.5247

this would be nice, but i dont think many NA guilds will follow suit

Jericho The Usurper[Agg] – Aggression