Back from a break, looking for new guild

in Looking for...

Posted by: hahawinner.5273

hahawinner.5273

I took a long break from GW2 after the culling was turned off due to my old PC not being able to keep up with it…but now I finally have finished my new PC build only to find out that my old guild has pretty much died out…
Last time I actually played was when the JP “Not So Secret” was added but I’ve tried to keep up-to-date with the changes in-game.

I’m a level 80 Asuran Thief, switching on and off between s/p (more for AoE-ing and blind/invis support) and d/d for damage dealing. I was decently geared when I had to stop playing but only had ascended accessories. I would be able to at least do 2+hrs a day and usually about 6+hrs on my days off.

Anyways, looking for a decent sized guild on Underworld with friendly, active, talkative people, preferably well versed in WvW, dungeons, Fractals, and world bosses. Would also like a guild that has and USES Teamspeak/Vent.

Any questions just leave em here

EDIT: I’d prefer NOT to change server but I am open to the idea of doing so as long as its a guild that seems to be worth changing servers for. Last guild I joined I changed servers for and it fell apart, rather not be stuck in the same situation again if I change servers

(edited by hahawinner.5273)

in Looking for...

Posted by: mrwawa.9567

mrwawa.9567

are you open to transferring servers? Our relatively new WvW guild is looking to add more to its ranks to run raids every Tues and Thurs night. We’re on Maguuma, a T2 server that enjoys GvGs and zerg busting. We also have a bunch of PvE and dungeon enthusiasts that can run with you. IF you’re interested, contact me in-game at mrwawa.9567. Tag is [Grrr]. We do prefer that you’re on Mag so you can run WvW with us.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Polly Wogger.9716

Polly Wogger.9716

Hahawinner,
Uber Noobz. (NooB) is looking for new and seasoned players to join our guild. We are not on underworld if you don’t mind playing cross servers (we wouldn’t ask you spend the money to transfer). That being said it kind of takes the wvw part out, we don’t do much wvw, but do a a small group of frequent pvp players. Dungeons, Fractals, World bosses, Living story, and other in guild events however, we’ve got those covered. Below is a bit more information about us (sorry it’s lengthy, but informative).

About us:
NooBs is an established guild on Sorrow’s Furnace whose founders originated in Guild Wars 1 and have been around since beta and launch.

Our main goal is to relax and have fun with the game, not create a second job for people. Therefore, the guild is easy going and we welcome players of all skill levels, experience, and time spent in game. We have no explicit age requirements, rules, or lengthy application processes. That being said, if you are not comfortable with either a guild that likes course humor or hearing a couple curse words here and there, we may not be the best fit for you.

What we have to offer:
»Currently 180+ members and growing, most of our members are on evening and weekends, but we do have a small daytime presence as well. We work hard to help our members meet and exceed their in-game goals.

»Dungeon Crawling: We have people able to run any type of dungeon (fotm up to lvl 30) including the typical speed runs and don’t mind teaching new members. We actively track dungeon progression and try to get our members their “Dungeon Master” achievement.

»Active Mumble: Speaking is NOT required but always encouraged as much as possible. Not only is this helpful in most group situations but it also allows you to connect with your guild mates beyond the occasionally desolate guild chat.

»Events & Activities: Active world boss participation, living story event participation, guild bonuses/banners, guild events, giveaways, and activities.

»Guild missions: We run guild bounties, treks, rushes, challenges, and puzzles so that our members may enjoy the benefits of guild commendations.

»Experienced leaders: Our leaders and officers are veteran Guild Wars players with multiple max level characters of all races and classes able to answer questions and offer assistance.

»Online Community: Website updated frequently to keep members current with events, forums discussions, Facebook Group, and many useful resources to enhance in-game experiences.

What we expect from you:
»Representation: We do NOT require 100% representation at this time, but we do ask and encourage people to represent as much as possible and join in guild events and groups. Don’t make us be your over attached girlfriend constantly pestering you with PMs to come hang out with us.

»Activity: Be active and be part of the guild! We do NOT require a specific amount of activity per week or demand your constant attention, but we don’t need members as placeholder. Please make an effort to be part of the guild and join in groups.

»Resources: Utilize your resources. Our website is the best place to keep up on events and discussions. We know not everyone is super talkative, but we want members to interact, guild chat and Mumble provides you that service.

For recruitment you need simply hit us up online http://noobz.guildportal.com or send a message in-game to myself (Wogger) or one of other other recruiters: Phyxius Animus, Kaden Kuvalai, CW, Optimal Primus, or Mystical Werewolf.

in Looking for...

Posted by: hahawinner.5273

hahawinner.5273

@Polly Wogger: Do you guys do any WvW or do you guys avoid it like the plague? I’m not looking for a guild that does WvW every day but I would like to hear that you guys at least go in a zerg every once in a while to just wipe people off the WvW map, had some really fun times doing that.
That said, I’m not a WvW/PvP crazy person, I honestly prefer PvE, world bosses, and dungeon/fractals runs and have an amazing mind when it comes to having to analyze on the fly(which does extend to WvW/PvP).
I have heard of your guild before so I know your one of the bigger guilds even without reading what you posted.

@mrwawa: Thanks for the offer but kinda looking for a guild that has been around for a while, last guild that I joined up with fell apart and it too was a “new WvW guild”.

in Looking for...

Posted by: mrwawa.9567

mrwawa.9567

no problem. I hope you’ll find a guild you like

in Looking for...

Posted by: Bry.8140

Bry.8140

Hi hahawinner

As you are not completely against a server move please have a look at my recruitment post and see if we fit what you are looking for

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/guilds/recruitment/Desolation-Froody-recruiting-PvX/first#post3606895

We do a bit of everything with the main focus on PvE/Dungeons/Fractals and a dedicated WvW night.
As for the chances of the guild breaking up, put simply it won’t happen. We started with a group of longtime friends and have added to the roster slowly ever since.

If you have any questions please drop me a PM on here or whisper me ingame and I will happily answer them for you.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Bry.

(edited by Bry.8140)