Looking to transfer servers

in Looking for...

Posted by: Alchemist.3692

Alchemist.3692

Hello,

I’m looking to switch servers, and most likely the guild I’m in will follow. We’re primarily US time zones, so I’m trying to find out queue times in a few servers that have already been recommended.

BG
SoS
DB
MAG
FA

I’m not particularly interested in a “winning” server (whatever that may mean) but somewhere that people are not scared to fight even if they’re outnumbered. We’re fairly skilled players, but we’re looking to learn more and definitely improve our abilities in small squads and larger battles of course. So a big thing for us would be to go to a place that has a lot to teach us and individual players (or 1/x’s) would be challenging to face against as well. Currently unless it’s 7+ vs 1 it’s rare that our guys lose – but again it’s not that we’re that special, but our opponents are lacking (lots of up levels or very bad management of skills and cds).

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

in Looking for...

Alchemist.3692

Oh, and tiers don’t really matter either (though I’d rather not go below t6 where we’re currently at)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Hawkeye.4698

Hawkeye.4698

Hey Alchemist,

In Jade Quarry we usually don’t have long queue times around prime NA(US) time zones, and the servers against us BG / SoR are very competitive, specially BG because they have recruited a lot of guilds into their server, most of the time we are outnumbered by 5-20 but we would still put up a fight and keep on trying till we get it!

if you are interested, you can read up more on Jade Quarry’s community on this link:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/recruitment/JQ-WvW-Establishment

Good luck! hope you can find the server that fits you guys the most

-
Metalicana / Zancrow [HOT]
Jade Quarry

Zancrow/Metalicana
[HOT]TooHotForYou
Jade Quarry WvW Commander

in Looking for...

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

My personal opinion:

Very high: TC
High: EB
Medium: BP

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in Looking for...

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Hey bud,

I’m currently from SoS and our queue times are minimal, we have occasional queues on EB and on weekends occasional queues on SoS bl. Atm we are quite undermanned against Tarnished coast yet we’re not outgunned, with SoS you have the opportuinity of variety of vsing t4,t5,t3,t2 servers and occasionally versing t1 servers. Currently we have the second strongest oceanic coverage in any server and a half decent sized SEA presence our recruitment has actually been pretty good with all the guilds choosing us by choice not because we payed them etc.

If you are interested in learning more about SoS shoot me a forum mail and i’ll recommend you to someone who knows more about the NA bracket i’m a oceanic =)

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

(edited by Le Rooster.8715)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

I would also have to add, if your guild runs numbers less then 30 NA or 20 oceanic/SEA/EU don’t go to any t1 server, they run in much larger zergs where running with anything less than 30 becomes obselete and you would have to run with multiple zergs.

So it depends on what you guys like,

does your guild like to roam?
does your guild like to open field fight?
does your guild like to run as guild groups?

let us know more about what you want.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in Looking for...

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Come to Desolation. Normally there are no queues, despite we are huge server. In prime time (evening in Europe) there is usually a 30 minute queue to Eternal Battlegrounds, but no queue to other maps. But since you are NA based, you would probably be fighting against the night and morning capping teams of the enemy. We actually are getting to start better morning coverage (within our own, mostly European, ranks), so you wouldn’t be playing alone.

Desolation is by far the most challenging server to play WvWvW. You are going to learn a lot as we got the best pvp players in the world, plus amazing WvWvW teams + commanders. Just ask from any major WvWvW guild. who has been on Deso.

Our new web pages are still under construction:
http://www.desospeak.com/

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in Looking for...

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

Look no Further. Northern Shiverpeaks is in need of as many people as we can get. We are often outnumbered and have learned to be more than competitive. Looking at our current score we are rank 20, and gaining 29 points against higher level servers. This is because we have the heart to go in and defy the odds. We have weekly meetings with guild representatives and are always willing to help each other out. Only time that any of our maps have Queues are on reset and then only 2. Feel free to whisper me in game if you are interested. I’d be happy to arrange a meeting with you and some of our more dedicated WvW guilds.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in Looking for...

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

DB has short queues except reset. GL wherever you guys go

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Looking for...

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Smart money’s on SoS. These guys have been shoved in with T1 and T2 servers and while they don’t win the match, they certainly give those servers a run for their money. Tough buggers, and really coordinated.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in Looking for...

Posted by: Beannie.5982

Beannie.5982

Hi Alchemist, i reckon you could take a look at joining JQ, BG has already fattened themselves up with an immense recruitment binge.

I’m from SOR and imho, JQ has a strong SEA presence, but lacks a strong NA to carry them through their weaker playing hours.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Sanctum of Rall

in Looking for...

Alchemist.3692

I would also have to add, if your guild runs numbers less then 30 NA or 20 oceanic/SEA/EU don’t go to any t1 server, they run in much larger zergs where running with anything less than 30 becomes obselete and you would have to run with multiple zergs.

So it depends on what you guys like,

does your guild like to roam?
does your guild like to open field fight?
does your guild like to run as guild groups?

let us know more about what you want.

We primarily roam, and get into as many fights as possible… we don’t really care about the numbers but it does get a little tiresome after 10 back to back steam rolls of 3 vs 30 lol. We have some of the best duelists on our server (Sorrows Furnace) esp now that some guys from KING left. We don’t mind the occasional zerg because we take our best mesmers and thieves to grab attention and split larger groups and pick off the stragglers while our tanks take the brunt of the force so we can go unnoticed.

so smaller skirmishes are usually where we excel… when it gets 30 vs 30 typically we just go off and do another objective since it’ll be aoe spamming all over the place.

in Looking for...

Alchemist.3692

Thanks for all your feedback guys! Going to discuss it with the guild and see what else everyone has come up with. At this point I’m narrowing it down to SoS and JQ… desolation sounds good because of the time zone difference but I dunno about the rest of the guild.

I can already say though, that a few very talented players are heading to SoS and DB from our server (not from my guild though)… there’s also been talk about EB. lol chances are this whole this is going to split the guild apart

in Looking for...

Posted by: Jyeoi.6027

Jyeoi.6027

Please consider queue times and skill lag. The way the match ups are assigned now, the weeks you get close scores are the most exciting.

I would not recommend any of the servers that you had listed except for Mag.

However reading your posts, saying that you like to be with people who will fight outnumbered, wanting to learn and grow, consider SBI.

www.stormbluffisle.com

Yulo – Champions of Stormbluff [SBI]

in Looking for...

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

If you don’t like 30v30 avoid JQ – that’s the size of their small skirmishes during NA.

SoS is a great, tenacious opponent that hopefully will be spared from fighting T1/T2 Servers soon.

I would also recommend SBI, CD, or Yak’s Bend for their willingness to keep fighting while outnumbered.

NAGA|TC

in Looking for...

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

I’m not particularly interested in a “winning” server (whatever that may mean) but somewhere that people are not scared to fight even if they’re outnumbered.

Eredon Terrace. Seriously, consider it. The WvW regulars on ET are not scared to fight even when they are outnumbered because anyone who was afraid of being outnumbered wouldn’t last long, since being outnumbered is the norm. Everyone in WvW for ET counts and, because the server has a fairly low population, you shouldn’t see any wait queues to play WvW (nor will you spend much time in overflow in PvE, either). No, it’s not a glamorous high-tiered server that wins all the time. It’s an underdog server were a transferring guild could make a big difference.

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

in Looking for...

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

BG has queues till about 5 hours after reset on average and then from there on week days and Sundays our queue times are usually quite minimal often only being BG BL and EB which are queued. There is always a map open during the week days, today we were outmanned in Eternal Battlegrounds (Sunday night), queues vary but unless you are a reset only guild you won’t have many issues with queues or a shortage of fights against the massive Sanctum of Rall NA on Blackgate.

Anywho if you are interested don’t hesitate to contact myself or someone from Blackgate on the forums regarding more information.

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

in Looking for...

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Go FA and don’t look back. Their queues will be totally manageable or non existent. Even on reset nights it doesn’t take long to get in there from what I’ve heard.

TC has pretty nasty queues nowadays during NA Prime, especially during matchups like this one. Lots of map completers out to play.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Vivcent.9107

Vivcent.9107

I would suggest looking at the lower ranked servers if your guild enjoys roaming and fights (HoD, ET, FC, DR, etc).

Now to shamelessly advertise for my own server. Henge of Denravi has a mix of zergs and small man groups. HoD has several guilds that do nothing but small man group roam and look for fights. We almost never have queues except on reset night, or if someone is doing something silly in EB or our BL. Also, we’re a medium population server right now, so transferring is fairly cheap.

Valkyria Immortalis[VLK] – HoD
Mergh/Warrior

in Looking for...

Posted by: THE Dentist.5960

THE Dentist.5960

NSP is the place to be. We are like “Rocky”…. Holding our own against the big boys.

VoxL (NSP)
Doom Strykër [Warr] Doom Ryder [Ranger]
Doomku [Guard] Doom Wrack [Mez]

in Looking for...

Posted by: TheAmpca.1753

TheAmpca.1753

I would highly recommend FA if the kind of server you are looking for is one that crushes in open field fights. We may not have the best coverage but in EB during Na prime time we crush in open field fights.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Kryyg.8576

Kryyg.8576

Blackgate has stated they have queues and yet they are still recruiting?

Give it a break. You guys have the highest population and coverage in T1 atm.

Check out JQ imo OP.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Sista.1925

Sista.1925

I’ve been on a few servers and my guild recently landed on FA....I can say that FA would most benefit from you assistance due to the current nature of the match ups....if you’ve read other threads of JQ/BG/SOR/TC....these server are more then adequate in their overall coverage. Not knocking their communities....just saying would be nice to instil some balance where it’s needed. Take a look at our recruitment thread, FA is full of great people that go out everyday and fight hard, out-manned means nothing to us.

Baby Sista
Listening to Prince.
IOJ>KAIN>FA….few stops in between and after.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Omega.9601

Omega.9601

I transferred to FA 5 months ago with my guild and it’s been great. Queue’s are minimal, we usually get a queue on EBG or FABL sometimes both. FA fights hard regardless of the score, outmanned or not.

Fort Aspenwood
Ectoplasm Ltd [GLOB] – Elementalist

in Looking for...

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

You are more than welcome to join FA, we could use the help, and we really like killing enemies.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Paranormal Bear.2539

Paranormal Bear.2539

Hello,

I’m looking to switch servers, and most likely the guild I’m in will follow. We’re primarily US time zones, so I’m trying to find out queue times in a few servers that have already been recommended.

Thank you for including FA in your list of servers!

Here in FA we have ongoing PvX oriented events that help your guild rebuild back like your last home, only with a much friendlier atmosphere. Our server queues are welcoming quick and our customer relations department has methods to assist your transfer.

Our fights here are one-of-a-kind. Always looking for improvement, our commanders tend to innovate strategies and coordinate with each other out on the field. You won’t have any difficulty making new bonds or alliances either!

If you are further interested, feel free to contact myself or one of our other guild leaders to schedule an open-leadership meeting where you can meet our krew and check out how friendly and coordinated we are on team speak.

Sincerely,

Master Saber

Guild Master – Engineer Bear of Teddy Bears [PAWS].
Come join us in our FA Bear Invasion!
http://toygamers.forumotion.com

in Looking for...

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

IMHO: FA or DB.

1st-3rd place are saturated at the moment. TC doesn’t need any NA help and our queue times keep climbing.

DB and FA would benefit from transfers in their NA timeslot.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I recommend any of the #12 thru #7 servers. Every one of them have their good and bad points, but you it’s pretty much accepted that we have the best combat for mid to small-sized guilds.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Lanzky.8652

Lanzky.8652

Wow your mindset really match FA mentality we dont care much on PPT, having fun is top priority (killing comes 1st) lol your pretty much welcome on FA.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Tom.8029

Tom.8029

You should like totally come to Fort Aspenwood.

Primordial Dragons [Drgn]
Fort Aspenwood Elementalist

in Looking for...

Posted by: xeang.3650

xeang.3650

going T1 or T2 is pretty much the same…. T2 got stomped by SOR with RNG… and T3 got stomped by DB… you’ll see zergs everywhere

in Looking for...

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

go to SoS. They are classy on and off field.

Dragonbrand

in Looking for...

Posted by: Tomas Godlewski.4086

Tomas Godlewski.4086

come to FA. we don’t shy away from fights, even if we are outnumbered (which we usually are).

our small group guilds are great at wiping larger forces, so if thats what you are into and want to develop that part of your gameplay, come join us in killing walking lootbags.

Fire Gateway Two – Sea of Sorrows
Ominous Threat [oT]

in Looking for...

Posted by: pallypower.1246

pallypower.1246

Consider SoR we get alot of good fights and we are always looking for more smiling faces

in Looking for...

Posted by: Splifferton.9874

Splifferton.9874

hey not sure if you have already made your decision on which server to go to.. but if your looking for a place that is constantly in the mix for WvW try seeing what Yaks Bend is about.. We are a pretty well respected server and we have a great mix of guilds.. Everyone works together for the most part and we all have fun doing it.. come check us out at Yaksbend.com and you can ask anyone in the shoutbox for info or make a post in the WvW thread.. many people there including myself would be happy to answer any questions you guys have.

Little Grundle [RAM]

in Looking for...

Posted by: Wildchild.7502

Wildchild.7502

You might wanna guess Kaineng et talk with our community.

we got a strong community and very helpful players there

We don’t have numbers of other server but we sure have quality players, even our pugs rock. we always manage to win outmanned fight.

guilds work together to train people who are new/bad at WvW. we have public TS with WvW Training Nights.

Guardian – Exg Wildchild /Necro – Wildchild Two / Ranger – Aleksi Laiho
SIC – Isle of Janthir

in Looking for...

Posted by: The Umpire.9510

The Umpire.9510

join EU server Ruins of Surmia?

Raidleader stikkomaniacs
Guild: SFRJ
Server: FSP

in Looking for...

Posted by: Wididyth.3847

Wididyth.3847

Hi, Alchemist ! Have you already found your new server, or are you still looking for it ?

If you are still wonderning where you will go, I suggest you to see this topic and consider joining Jade Sea. You might be happy of this choice.

Dexterité [DEX] : : : Guardian / Ranger / Mesmer / Engi / War lv80.
“I found myself noob until I met someone who moves his character with his mice.”

(edited by Wididyth.3847)