(NA) Looking for serious members

in Looking for...

Posted by: Ruin.7350

Ruin.7350

My Guild Wars 2 Credentials: Hours played, 2545 (over the past 435 days.) Tournament games played, 3020 (2328 wins.) Title: Veteran of the Arena (Top 25 Qualifier Points)

What I Offer: A fun environment with the goal of winning the majority of our matches. A steady and flexible play schedule with at least six hours of play time every week. Efficient strategies and builds.

What I’m Looking For: I’m looking for members that are punctual, and that contact me if they are unable to attend. I’m looking for members that have sufficient knowledge, and skill, to be able to play the game at a competitive level. I’m looking for members that trust me enough to run the builds I post, or at least try them.

How I Recruit: I need new players to be available at least 3 times in a row before I promise them a spot. If they continue to prove they are reliable, I invite them to my main guild.

Contact Information: Phone, 214-542-5796, using my phone is by far the best way to contact me. Make sure to include your real ID if you mail me. In game ID, Ruin.7350

(edited by Ruin.7350)

in Looking for...

Ruin.7350

The link should be public now. Sorry about that.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Dan.2940

Dan.2940

I find it weird that you would plan out everyones build for 1 specific strategy…
It’s pretty crucial to have a team that is very flexible build wise due to the constant flipping of maps. Some strategies and builds work better on some maps than others… Also, if you’re trying to find people who are really good at their one specific class, i don’t think you should be deciding their build…. Unless you claim to be a master of all classes…

| Siynn – Lvl 80 Thief | Jaata – Lvl 80 Engineer |
| Smitê – Lvl 80 Guardian | Arraxie – Lvl 80 Ele |
Ehmry Bay

in Looking for...

Ruin.7350

Dan, I do see myself as a “Master of all classes”. I also find it strange that you denounce my strategy (despite the profession responsibilities changing for every map) without being more specific. If you’re going to criticize my strategy, don’t over generalize. I don’t make a habit of responding on these forums, so if anyone has issues my set up, I don’t suggest you voice them here.

in Looking for...

Posted by: DXIEdge.2789

DXIEdge.2789

Allow me to be more specific.

No one comp is good against all comps. This is just a fact. Having a starting comp to build off is important, yes. However to say it is an unbeatable comp and unbeatable strategy is just silly and results in people less inclined to respond, which is disappointing for me as I want more competition :p

The thing with some of your builds is they’re a little outdated, or frankly suboptimal. The elementalist builds, for instance, are not going to be effective for what your comp wants. Ele back point is not effective anymore and D/D with Clerics/Soldiers for far point assault is also….suboptimal

You are basically relying on sustained damage in a team fight with no burst or condi pressure. Which, right now, is to put it bluntly terrible. You need burst or condi cleave or both, and you have little of either. A Mesmer and an engi does not get you off the hook for this.

Also, Mesmer without GS right now is also suboptimal on terms of damage. A lot of mesmers are running GS/S+F or GS/Staff …

I hope you find a team and I’m glad more are joining, but I think your post is a bit…off :/

However if you need someone to test your strats against when you get a team send me a message

R40! Ele/Ranger for GW2 Esports Guild
@DXIEdge on twitter.

in Looking for...

Ruin.7350

DXIEdge, bluntly stating that my comp is “suboptimal” by simply calling it “terrible” and citing that other Mesmers use GS, does not come close to being more specific. It seems you failed to read my second strategy before you decided it would be worth while to post here. I don’t appreciate people who take it apon themselves to type out a reply that claims to have value, but that essential says “I’m right you’re wrong”.

To everyone else. Unless you’re expressing your interest in my team (and there are better ways to do this), I politely ask that you don’t reply to my post at all. I’ve made it clear that I’m not interested in theory crafting, so stop cluttering my post.

in Looking for...

Posted by: skeptic.2409

skeptic.2409

sure hit me up isedelica or aberlin

in Looking for...

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

Letter to OP

Good sir,

I would like to point out that you have a terrible attitude.

Thank you,

PS: A “good” theo-crafted team comp won’t assure success, the mental state and syg of the team matter as well, and It will be hard to preform at high level tPvP while googling highest bridges after ALOT of criticism over TS. Even if this second job is only 6h per week.

in Looking for...

Posted by: sirnibb.4709

sirnibb.4709

What is this north korean? The guy is free to fun his team as he pleases. You don’t have to join, and i’m sure he doesn’t care about your opinions sounds like y’all are just wasting time and kittening just to kitten.

Rank 80 guild wars 2 player.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Airfury.9435

Airfury.9435

I found it interesting that you asked people to get over THEIR pride

Airfury

in Looking for...

Posted by: Lixion.8457

Lixion.8457

He isn’t opposed to opinions. He came up with build he thought were optimal for the team comp and current meta. If you have an opinion, bring that up and supply facts why X would be better than his supplied Y.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Dan.2940

Dan.2940

Dan, I do see myself as a “Master of all classes”. I also find it strange that you denounce my strategy (despite the profession responsibilities changing for every map) without being more specific. If you’re going to criticize my strategy, don’t over generalize. I don’t make a habit of responding on these forums, so if anyone has issues my set up, I don’t suggest you voice them here.

See, you’re taking it the wrong way, i was expressing my concerns with your ideas/strats because from my side i don’t see how it could work, which is why i brought it up, for you to explain how it could. As someone who may be interested in a team, i’d rather know what i’m getting into before deciding whether i want in or not.

Now, from my experiences with fighting against you once or twice, i know you’re a pretty good player, but to claim you’re a master of classes? Now, ill just give an example, you mention that the engineers should be generally in charge of holding a point right? Why are they using grenades then? Wouldn’t bombs get the job done a lot more effectively?

Just giving my 2 cents….You can choose to just totally ignore me since you seem to not take criticism too well, but if you’re gonna take full control of a teams ideas, strats, builds, you best make sure you know these strats and builds are effective if you want any chance of winning games.

| Siynn – Lvl 80 Thief | Jaata – Lvl 80 Engineer |
| Smitê – Lvl 80 Guardian | Arraxie – Lvl 80 Ele |
Ehmry Bay

in Looking for...

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

Did your team fill already Ruin?

in Looking for...

Ruin.7350

The strategy/builds have gone through several heavy revisions.

in Looking for...

Posted by: loper.9034

loper.9034

I disagree with your current build for guardian. I play bunker guardian most often for my team against teams in the upper 500 on the leaderboards. I have reached Champion Paragon and I understand that some builds work better for different people. However, with the new meta, Guardians need more survivability against conditions or they will get destroyed. Now I understand that each shout will get rid of 2 conditions plus the virtue. But if you have 10 stacks of condi you just used all of your utilities to get rid of them, that isn’t good against a team that can stack them again. With the current meta, Contemplation of purity is unfortunately a most with a stack say 10 conditions from 2 necros and a ranger or engineer. It’s almost impossible to survive.

Also, the mace has become an invaluable tool with the boost of 250 healing on use in the traitline, which I personally believe can provide fantastic boosts and healing to you and allies. Last, tomb of courage is a nice skill, but renewed focus is far better with the current beta because it resets your virtues giving you double the condi removal if you have the trait absolute resolution. My final comment is the use of sanctuary. Although this skill may seem frustrating due to the long cooldown, it is invaluable in pushing people off the point and keeping it neutral or even helping you survive longer. I believe it is a must for most guardian builds. I understand the logic of your build, but with all the conditions slight alterations would benefit it more.

in Looking for...

Posted by: sirnibb.4709

sirnibb.4709

I’m unclear as to why you say shouts don’t work in the current meta. You have the condi-cleanse for when you need it, and it’s not selfish like meditations that only the user the benefits, I.E. Contemplation of Purity which will turn all of your conditions to boons on a 60 (untraited) cool-down. Where save yourselves (also on a 60 sekittenraited cool-down) will remove all conditions from allies. Granted they are moved over the guardian, it’s still the better trade off imo. Alleviate the pressure, so your team can better apply pressure.

You are the bunker, you are the support. Even if you are getting stacked and re-stacked that means that the other team is focusing on the bunker and not on your DPS where if your DPS is good enough they won’t be alive long enough to capitalize on downing the bunker. Try and also remember the amount of rez utility available to the meta build; Spirit, Banner, Signet, etc.

It’s cool an all to stay alive as long as possible as a bunker but if you focus to much on yourself, your team will suffer for it. There was a reason Azshene ran the build he did. His team left him alone for most of the game to bunker mid, they were putting pressure elsewhere and left him to survive or die until they had time to back him up. They weren’t using the guardian for his support abilities, they were using it for the self survival-ability hence the selfish guardian build. It’s really going to come down to your teams style of play.

Now on to sanctuary. The skill is very good, however, the sheer amount of stability in the meta makes it counter-intuitive. You throw sanctuary down on a point to get a rez, secure a stomp, etc. It’s most likely going to be negated by some form of stability or an equal equivalent. This skill fell hard out of the EU meta due the rise of warriors, small form engies, and plague forming necromancers who will just use their stability skills and you just wasted a 120 second cool-down.

Not every team just has their bunker baby sit middle point why the rest of the team pushes far point. The guardian is a major asset in team-fights. He should go where the team fight is. One of your dps can 1v1 and secure mid just as easily as a guardian can.

In closing, i’m not bashing you, your opinion, or your style of play, i’m clearly stating as to why his guardian build is still very viable in the current meta. For it’s meant to team fight and not be a place holder.

Rank 80 guild wars 2 player.

(edited by sirnibb.4709)

in Looking for...

Ruin.7350

I’m chargin my bumping beam

in Looking for...

Ruin.7350

Don’t step on my tiger duck

in Looking for...

Posted by: kimchifubo.7980

kimchifubo.7980

hit me up in game Timere

in Looking for...

Posted by: Sublime Le Peasant.1932

Sublime Le Peasant.1932

Ey, i am competitive player who just make a comeback to the game, you can whisper me in-game.
Best Achieve rank(ldrb):89
Champion Titles: Guardian/Warrior/Necromance/Elementalist/Mesmer.
Main Class: Guardian

I use Skype, vent ,ts and mumble.

Top 50, before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWk2ObTvn9s
Gerdien

in Looking for...

Ruin.7350

Don’t post here and expect me to contact you, message me via cell or in game mail.

in Looking for...

Ruin.7350

Im a bump your a bump

in Looking for...

Posted by: Zuko.7132

Zuko.7132

hey i main a ranger and i saw u didnt have ranger in your link but i was wondering if u would still be interested i play spirit ranger and trap ranger

The Elementalist Dual Dagger Legend – Rest in Peace

in Looking for...

Posted by: Zuko.7132

Zuko.7132

with my trap ranger i can give u some aoe condition damage plus some cc skills hound immobilze spike trap immobilize and vine elite which is great in team fight also have a chance to apply 3 bleeds on autoattack

The Elementalist Dual Dagger Legend – Rest in Peace

in Looking for...

Ruin.7350

I saw a crawfish the other day

in Looking for...

Posted by: fugazi.5139

fugazi.5139

I saw a crawfish the other day

I’m allergic to crawfish.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Kujastro.1853

Kujastro.1853

she swells up like a bloated goat and goes purple for thirteen days.

Roger Ram Jet’s Head-Music – http://youtu.be/rovdLR94-L8

in Looking for...

Ruin.7350

I AM A STARFISH

in Looking for...

Ruin.7350

I live in a pineapple under the sea

in Looking for...

Ruin.7350

my bumps have bumps

in Looking for...

Ruin.7350

something to say

in Looking for...

Posted by: Point Blank.3541

Point Blank.3541

Hey I play thief, top 100 Team LB hmu im looking for a core team of really good players to play with.
IGN : Chelsea Smile

in Looking for...

Ruin.7350

life gave me some lemon so I made a shoe

in Looking for...

Ruin.7350

two plus two is chieken

in Looking for...

Posted by: fugazi.5139

fugazi.5139

my bumps have bumps

mmmmmmmmmmmm can i lick your bumps.

in Looking for...

Posted by: PSILO.4068

PSILO.4068

Kittens…tasty

in Looking for...

Posted by: ckod.2051

ckod.2051

message me in game Some Boss Person

in Looking for...

Posted by: ssombra.2417

ssombra.2417

Message me, ranger currently rank 34 399 Days age in game

in Looking for...

Ruin.7350

don’t expect me to respond to posts made here, you to contact me in game or by phone (prefer text)