Small man/Havoc Crew Tier Consolidation?

in Looking for...

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

Most of us just sold some of our mat’s out of collectibles and we all should have enough money to transfer. Planning on moving to FC on friday.

Welcome aboard!

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in Looking for...

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

:( Rezz

<3

Riot is fairly close with Rezz and the guys from Invi. We won’t be moving, but we will see how it goes for them. If it is as amazing as you guys say it will be, we will revisit the idea of transferring.

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

in Looking for...

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

Right on. Doors are open for competitive teams!

PAXA -GM

in Looking for...

Boulderbolg.3460

<3

Riot is fairly close with Rezz and the guys from Invi. We won’t be moving, but we will see how it goes for them. If it is as amazing as you guys say it will be, we will revisit the idea of transferring.

I don’t get why you wouldn’t want to transfer. I put up with T1 for 6 months and couldn’t be happier since I moved. Yesterday you mentioned in the meeting “You think people in lower tiers aren’t as skilled or as geared” Obviously this ridiculous. If you are coming here to fight small man groups then what does it matter? Or were you saying we (The small mans) aren’t as skilled or geared, I sure hope not because I faced RIOT on T1.

It almost seems to me you are missing the point here.

I think you are missing my point(s).

I said that there are more skilled players in T1, not only because there are more people overall, but because in general there are more hardcore PvP players there than any other tier. Hardcore zerg players may not be the best skirmishers, but they know how to build their characters at least. This is a simple numbers fact, and you’re not going to make an argument that convinces me otherwise. I never said that you guys weren’t good, I am sure you are and we wish we could play against you. But we need more than 5 good guilds to fight against.

A lot of RIOT’s members play late at a night and during the day. We have played in other tiers and during off peak times they were terrible. And that was 6 months ago when the game was at its peak. So for us, US primetime population (great small guilds or otherwise) is not the only consideration.

In tiers lower than T2 when the good guilds log off, RIOT has found ourselves responsible for the meta-game. Two borderlands at most have action during the week. When we beat down the remaining players, they either log or form a big zerg that is no different than what we see all day in T1.

Money is an issue. As kind as you are to offer your money, we aren’t comfortable taking it.

We have some players who log on maybe once every week or two (Yishis for example). If we move, they aren’t going to want to take anyone’s money for a transfer when they are barely playing the game. They will just stop logging in completely. We are not willing to leave our friends behind.

I don’t think this plan will work, especially in the long run. You make it sound like a wonderful idea, but objectiveness tells me its a pipedream. For now RIOT is biding our time waiting for the next PvP game to come out, but if Rezz tells us in a couple of weeks that this move has rekindled his guild’s enjoyment for WvW, then we will start to think about it again.

I could be totally wrong. I will eat my words if things work out in T8. I certainly hope it does.

(edited by Boulderbolg.3460)

in Looking for...

Jscull.2514

I mean bottom line is were going to have at least 6 guilds on 1 or 2 maps a night hunting each other. And building from there will only increase. We can take this wherever we want…. Can take it to whatever competitive level we want.

Were excited to have the new guilds, and have had PHENOM fights this week so far. Stoked to fight good players again.

PAXA -GM

in Looking for...

Posted by: wish.1027

wish.1027

Can I transfer there, make a guild tagged SOLO and you guys all agree to only fight me 1 on 1? lol, but seriously, this sounds way more fun than what Im doing now, is anyone recruiting? I’ll jump one of my accounts there to play with you guys if you are.

Jade Quarry Warrior Strike Force [SF]
w/ an alt Thief and Guardian.
Math is your friend.

in Looking for...

Posted by: osif.8673

osif.8673

Can I transfer there, make a guild tagged SOLO and you guys all agree to only fight me 1 on 1? lol, but seriously, this sounds way more fun than what Im doing now, is anyone recruiting? I’ll jump one of my accounts there to play with you guys if you are.

I would abide by that.

Miller Time – 80 Sylvari Mesmer
Not Just A Goodtime – 80 Asura Warrior
[PAXA]

in Looking for...

Jscull.2514

Going to be holding another T8 havoc/small man meeting this week to discuss a weekly schedule of maps coinciding with the day specifically for the groups to run on to funnel the fighting. Also, to gets talks about “guild pots” and funding the guilds to return from a shifting tier. I will bring more details on time and place.

There is a solid amount of GW2 interest in this, so even if you are a solo player and want more hardcore fighting via small man action, plan on attending these meetings.

PAXA -GM

in Looking for...

Posted by: Acelerion.6820

Acelerion.6820

Hell, you could have a whole solo community with the same tag we all agree not to zerg.

OINK – Devona’s Rest
Mesmer-Thief
http://www.youtube.com/user/Axcelerion?feature=watch – Small group videos

in Looking for...

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

<3

I don’t get why you wouldn’t want to transfer. I put up with T1 for 6 months and couldn’t be happier since I moved. Yesterday you mentioned in the meeting “You think people in lower tiers aren’t as skilled or as geared” Obviously this ridiculous. If you are coming here to fight small man groups then what does it matter? Or were you saying we (The small mans) aren’t as skilled or geared, I sure hope not because I faced RIOT on T1.

It almost seems to me you are missing the point here.

I have opted, for myself personally, to also not make a move to a lower tier.

I played in the lower tiers and it is not really about the level of available skill, it is the quantity. When I left T8 originally I did so out of boredom. During prime time it was fine, but at any point in off hours it was mostly just running around and occasionally finding a fight. More people means more people at off hours, more skilled players in the pool, more decent groups, etc.

The DAoC 8 man days were great, but most of the time you were still fighting zergs as you waited for competition to come online, doing that on a T8 server in my opinion makes no sense. T3-T4 would have been a more reasonable approach, in my opinion and I felt the push to lower tiers was driven more out of desire of organizers and not nearly about what made the most sense.

That said I wish everyone making the move the best of luck and I hope it becomes everything everyone hoped it would.

~ AoN ~

in Looking for...

Jscull.2514

We’re NA prime time focused. I can vouch for my guild, we’re not focused on off hours. We’re trying to set up a come home from work and fight more skillful players. Less people equals less Zerg. If you enjoy running on a map with 80 mans around, power to you. We have the opposite mindset.

PAXA -GM

in Looking for...

Posted by: Cariocecus.5194

Cariocecus.5194

Im kinda lost, if all this small 5-10 man groups move all to the same server how is it gonna work. How are you making it who goes to what server?

in Looking for...

Niim.9260

Im kinda lost, if all this small 5-10 man groups move all to the same server how is it gonna work. How are you making it who goes to what server?

Same tier, not same server.

~ AoN ~

in Looking for...

Niim.9260

We’re NA prime time focused. I can vouch for my guild, we’re not focused on off hours. We’re trying to set up a come home from work and fight more skillful players. Less people equals less Zerg. If you enjoy running on a map with 80 mans around, power to you. We have the opposite mindset.

And what time is that? There is 6.5 time zones in North America, your come home from work and fight time could be 5 hours earlier or later then someone else in NA’s coming home from work and fight time. There is always off hours.

~ AoN ~

in Looking for...

Posted by: MadSpin.2041

MadSpin.2041

Hi I’m [oPP] Melanin,

TheHolderOfTheBoulder™ has spoken and [oPP]. [AAO], and [RIOT] aren’t gonna be making a switch anytime soon. We’re not gonna switch because to us it looks as if you guys are trying to build a new JurassicPark™, but this time without the T-Rex™. Removing the T-Rex™ might sound like a good idea to you guys, but the fact of the matter is you don’t have a JurassicPark™ without a T-Rex™… you just end up with LizardIsland™. It’s just messing up the whole ecosystem because there’s a reason why T-Rex™ takes over the middle of the island in the same way that it makes sense for Zergs to take over Keeps and StoneMist.

Ssssssssssstop trying to turn our Nossssssssssss into a Yesssssssssssssssssssssss!

Thanksssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

- Mel

Melanin – Considered by many players to be the Blackest™ WvW roaming Ele from Blackgate.
http://melementalist.com/booncondcontrol-cheatsheet/
http://www.twitch.tv/madspin

in Looking for...

Posted by: fufu.8345

fufu.8345

Hi I’m [oPP] Melanin,

TheHolderOfTheBoulder™ has spoken and [oPP]. [AAO], and [RIOT] aren’t gonna be making a switch anytime soon. We’re not gonna switch because to us it looks as if you guys are trying to build a new JurassicPark™, but this time without the T-Rex™. Removing the T-Rex™ might sound like a good idea to you guys, but the fact of the matter is you don’t have a JurassicPark™ without a T-Rex™… you just end up with LizardIsland™. It’s just messing up the whole ecosystem because there’s a reason why T-Rex™ takes over the middle of the island in the same way that it makes sense for Zergs to take over Keeps and StoneMist.

Ssssssssssstop trying to turn our Nossssssssssss into a Yesssssssssssssssssssssss!

- Mel

Yea but we all know it was the raptors that made the movie entertaining aka the 5 man teams.

Siafu [Fu]
Sylvari Mesmer
Blackgate Henge of Denravi Borlis Pass Crystal Desert Fort Aspenwood

in Looking for...

Posted by: Gully.7358

Gully.7358

But you need a T-rex to keep you on your toes, it adds to the excitement…

Veretta • Guildleader of [oPP] Over Powered PeopleBlackgate
http://www.gw2opp.comhttp://www.youtube.com/user/oppveretta

in Looking for...

Posted by: Sepsis.1564

Sepsis.1564

If your not there to compete, then we will never know if you could.

Edit: we will decide soon

Elementalist Warrior Mesmer
Bush Hog [OINK] Devona’s Rest

in Looking for...

Jscull.2514

This isnt about game meta. We are using what Anet has given us, and going with different mindsets.

We’re inviting competitive players, teams, guilds. Youre welcome to continue playing zergwars 2. For anyone else that would rather not deal with 50 man zergs on every map, t8 is open for business!

PAXA -GM

in Looking for...

Posted by: Emerge.9640

Emerge.9640

You guys should come to t7. Between DR and NS there’s already 7-8 roaming guilds.

ROAM | Oink | TLP

in Looking for...

Posted by: Rez.2578

Rez.2578

Been really fun so far though my ego is taking a huge hit from losing to small groups that we sometimes outnumber. Thanks all!

Rezz[Invi]

in Looking for...

Posted by: Azaruil.3406

Azaruil.3406

You guys should come to t7. Between DR and NS there’s already 7-8 roaming guilds.

NSP only has 1 small-man guild, spca. All the other self-proclaimed ones only small-man until they lose at which point they keep coming back with more until they can win.

Aza
“I smell like pomegranate.”

in Looking for...

Posted by: Npac.3476

Npac.3476

Been really fun so far though my ego is taking a huge hit from losing to small groups that we sometimes outnumber. Thanks all!

Been great fighting you Invi guys…and looking forward to doing battle with OINK soon…also props to BS for putting up some serious fights!

The plan is working boys…lets keep it up!

Zelrin- 80 Thief
Founder of PAXA

in Looking for...

Emerge.9640

NSP only has 1 small-man guild, spca. All the other self-proclaimed ones only small-man until they lose at which point they keep coming back with more until they can win.

Xoxo and splat run groups, too.

We usually just run the five of us or less. Unless the action is way too zergy.

ROAM | Oink | TLP

in Looking for...

Emerge.9640

Been great fighting you Invi guys…and looking forward to doing battle with OINK soon…also props to BS for putting up some serious fights!

The plan is working boys…lets keep it up!

You guys coming to T7 or are speculating DR will naturally drop to t8?

ROAM | Oink | TLP

in Looking for...

Posted by: B Rad.5416

B Rad.5416

I’m definitely interested in hopping down to T7 to join a roaming guild for some more roaming game play. Zerg vs zerg in T1 has just gotten so boring. Let me know if you guys decided to make T7 the destination for this.

B Rad 80 Thief | Scrúbs 80 Guardian | Aquaholic 80 Elementalist |
Keyser Soze 80 Warrior | Muted 80 Mesmer | Crim De La Crim 80 Necro |
Server: Jade Quarry

in Looking for...

Boulderbolg.3460

I’m definitely interested in hopping down to T7 to join a roaming guild for some more roaming game play. Zerg vs zerg in T1 has just gotten so boring. Let me know if you guys decided to make T7 the destination for this.

T8 is the destination.

in Looking for...

Emerge.9640

T7 is the better choice!

ROAM | Oink | TLP

in Looking for...

osif.8673

T7 is the better choice!

Not really if you’re looking for more 10 or less groups. 10+ groups, t7 would definitely be the better choice.

Having some awesome fights in t8, both solo roaming and under 10 man groups.

[PAXA]

(edited by osif.8673)

in Looking for...

Emerge.9640

I’m a pretty happy camper in t7

ROAM | Oink | TLP

in Looking for...

osif.8673

Good for you! Extra characters….

[PAXA]

in Looking for...

Posted by: Azaruil.3406

Azaruil.3406

Yeah they used to do that at first until they died a few times, at which point they decided to roll with zergs or go “cannon spec.”

Perhaps if you guys lose to them a bunch of times with even numbers they wont run with zergs or bring zergs to kill you because they couldn’t stand the idea of trying harder.

Aza
“I smell like pomegranate.”

in Looking for...

Posted by: Horth.7609

Horth.7609

Hi I’m [oPP] Melanin,

- Mel

Yea but we all know it was the raptors that made the movie entertaining aka the 5 man teams.

^True story. T-Rex = Zerg blob :[
T8 is the official small man tier because two of the servers will never leave t8. The only reason you wouldn’t want to transfer is because you are not a TRUE 100% small man who only enjoys small man play. You are a hybrid therefore not good enough.

NSP
Horth 80 Guard/Theif
QQ

in Looking for...

Posted by: Glaeser.8015

Glaeser.8015

Yeah they used to do that at first until they died a few times, at which point they decided to roll with zergs or go “cannon spec.”

Perhaps if you guys lose to them a bunch of times with even numbers they wont run with zergs or bring zergs to kill you because they couldn’t stand the idea of trying harder.

Heh. Splt runs with whoever is on, and we don’t turn down friends who wanna run with us. We typically bust zergs, which while SF was in our tier was our main focus so anytime you’d come across us it was when we had no interest fighting 5v5 or whatever. Aside from that once PAXA started hitting us with less numbers then complaining about us zerging (often times even after I gave one of them a friendly warning that we weren’t running 5/other zergs were nearby) we started zerging them just to troll, which since you often ran with them you got caught up in the crossfire. We gave both you and PAXA some relatively equal fights here and there, but again that usually wasn’t our focus most nights. I’m sorry we couldn’t be better opponents.

Either way, I guess you’d be right in saying we aren’t super competitive, but I don’t know where people got that impression anyway.

Hope you guys can find what you’re looking for and this T8 roaming tier works out, I agree it’s probably the best place for it if only cause of the stability.

Good luck,

Glaezer – [Splt] [Holy] – NSP
Charr Guardian & many alts
I am the donut

in Looking for...

osif.8673

Thanks for your input.

[PAXA]

in Looking for...

Rez.2578

Gettin our kitten kicked by KoM, PAXA, and BS. But it’s been a blast, they’ve done 0 trash talking, and hopefully we can step it up to their level.

More small guilds should come check this out. Our Guild was pretty much done with this game till we decided to give this a last chance shot and so far we’ve been playing 10+ hours a day because we’re having so much fun.

Rezz[Invi]

in Looking for...

osif.8673

I am so excited about this week’s match up… this weekend was so much fun! Saving this game for me.

[PAXA]

in Looking for...

Posted by: fufu.8345

fufu.8345

Some epic fights over the weekend and can only get better once more guilds join like Oink.

Siafu [Fu]
Sylvari Mesmer
Blackgate Henge of Denravi Borlis Pass Crystal Desert Fort Aspenwood

in Looking for...

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

It will be something to see overtime if people stick to their guns with the group vs group fights. Will the losers eventually zerg? I say most will turn to greater numbers if they are handed a few loses in a row, the only people I seen not call in more people was BS they changed group make up came back and got us. Everyone else comes back with more people without fail.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in Looking for...

Jscull.2514

I would like to get ahold of someone who can rep FoE, BS, WZ, SeT, even SNKY so we can have more people on board with the competitive nature of our tier. Planning on hosting a meeting this weds night again probably 930 est to go more in depth about consolidating an making these fights more frequent (not via setups, more just funneling the guilds to a map or two a night)

PAXA -GM

in Looking for...

Rez.2578

It will be something to see overtime if people stick to their guns with the group vs group fights. Will the losers eventually zerg? I say most will turn to greater numbers if they are handed a few loses in a row, the only people I seen not call in more people was BS they changed group make up came back and got us. Everyone else comes back with more people without fail.

We only have 5 active people in our guild + 1 drunk Mesmer who logs on 1 or 2 times a week so the most we can come back at you with is 5 1/2 lol.

Rezz[Invi]

(edited by Rez.2578)

in Looking for...

Acelerion.6820

We finally got our finances in order and made the jump tonight. Look forward to the good fights.

OINK – Devona’s Rest
Mesmer-Thief

in Looking for...

Posted by: Skarloc.2569

Skarloc.2569

We finally got our finances in order and made the jump tonight. Look forward to the good fights.

Glad to have you guys on board. The response to this has been better than we had originally hoped for, and we hope this continues to spread to other players looking for the same environment.

[PAXA] Skarllok – 80 Mesmer/ Skarrlloc – 80 Guardian
[FUN] [FUN II] [Jonathan Taylor Thomas] – DAoC, WoW, WAR

in Looking for...

Rez.2578

Welcome to the fun OINK, which server did you move to?

Rezz[Invi]

in Looking for...

Acelerion.6820

We were told et was the place for us.

OINK – Devona’s Rest
Mesmer-Thief

in Looking for...

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

We were told et was the place for us.

THEY LIED! FC is better.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in Looking for...

Rez.2578

Nice we’ll look for you guys tomorrow then and see if we can give you some good fights.

Rezz[Invi]

in Looking for...

Boulderbolg.3460

Let us know how it goes please. Riot is still looking into this.

in Looking for...

Acelerion.6820

Will do

15things

OINK – Devona’s Rest
Mesmer-Thief

in Looking for...

Posted by: Kyuzo.4675

Kyuzo.4675

Has anyone (or could someone please) created a list of which guilds went to which servers in T8? I am thinking of moving one account or buying another one to put in this tier.

[AD] Devona’s Rest